Exum Photography Reviews

30 Reviews for Exum Photography

1 User photo

Exum Photography 1

Mel · Married on 06/30/2018

Exum Photography worked really hard to get the best shots from our daughter’s wedding! Engagement pictures, her portrait and wedding day were all excellent. We all really enjoyed the “slide show of the day” before they left the wedding.

Sent on 07/15/2018

Exum Photography's reply:

Thank you Mel. We had so much fun shooting Kaley and Bill's wedding at Addison Farm in Elon. Outstanding efforts on your end to plan and pull off such an entertaining, fun and love-filled celebration. I will not forget Kaley and Brad's father/daughter dance. Just hilarious and priceless! Truly one of a kind.

Brad · Married on 06/30/2018

Steve and is assistants worked tirelessly and patiently with all family and friends to capture nearly infinite moments in a fairytale day for our daughter and new son-n-law! The musical pictorial of engagement shots and wedding day progression from early AM to late PM was incredible. We can't wait for the opportunity to review the full portfolio!

Brad and Mel Moser

Sent on 07/17/2018

Exum Photography's reply:

Brad, your dance floor performance with our daughter was priceless and hilarious my friend. BRAVO!

lori · Married on 08/18/2017

Steve has photographed both our sons and daughters weddings this summer. The picture from both are truly amazing. He was able to capture the unique features of both weddings and was so easy to work with. His pictures were really important to me especially at my daughters wedding. I was so involved with all that needed to happen that I missed a lot of what was going on. Over the last two days I've looked at the pictures and video over and over so now I feel I really appreciate the beauty of our wedding. Of all the money we spent for the wedding, I feel the money we paid for our photography was the most well spent. I wish I had another event to hire Steve for, it was a pleasure to work with him . He truly has a gift for capturing the heart of a wedding.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Exum Photography's reply:

Thank you Lori. As a dad with a daughter - now more than ever - I realize how precious a wedding day is and having shot so many I know how all too quickly it passes. It's easy for some of the participants to miss parts because they are so involved in executing the day and seeing to the needs of the couple and their guest. Capturing the narrative to me is a calling because (like u said) it allows the families involved a chance to hit the pause button, enjoy and rewind and watch again. You all poured so much energy, effort and love into and amazing celebration ... it was my honor & responsibility to capture it.

Sally · Married on 08/18/2017

I would recommend Steve Exum 100%. His pictures are beautiful and worth the money. You are already getting ripped off on everything because it's a wedding but he is actually worth what he cost. My husband and I are average looking at best and we had 2 pregnant bridesmaids and a bridesmaid with Down's syndrome but Steve is so good at what he does and makes you so comfortable that our pictures could be in a magazine.

Jehan · Married on 08/18/2017

It was amazing to have Steve and his crew cover our wedding . Steve is very detailed oriented and had great suggestions with his experience over the years and helping us from having a good timeline to a great timeline on the day of the wedding where he captured all of our great moments. We now have a great memory of our wedding not only in our mind but in pictures as well as they did an amazing job capturing the moments.

Bill · Married on 08/18/2017

One word describes Steve & his team... amazing. When we hired a photographer for our daughter's wedding, little did I know we would be getting a true friend for life.

Steve's skill as a photographer is right up there with the best. But, skill as a photographer is a basic requirement. But, what sets Steve apart is the time he takes to get to know the people he is photographing as well as their family, friends and what you like and don't like. We had two weddings this summer... our Son in June and our Daughter in August. Steve worked both weddings. They were both different events in different venues and a different tone to each one. Steve took the time to emerge himself in the vibe for both events and to get to know the people involved in each. The results of both was extraordinary. The pictures were technically flawless, but more importantly, he captured the heart and soul of both events.

Steve provides all of the classic wedding shots. The bride, the groom, the families and all of the classic shots you would expect. But, it's the little moments and candid shots that truly capture the feelings and emotions of the wedding that are missed by many, but capture the heart and soul of the special day.

One unique aspect of Steve's package includes the video summary that he captures and plays at the end of each wedding reception. He quickly finds the best-of shots of the entire day and roles them into a music video that captures the hearts & souls of everyone in attendance. This becomes an integral part of the reception that let's each attendee walk away with a warm glow int heir hearts.

If you are just looking for a run of the mill photographer who will give you cookie cutter photos of your special event, there are many to choose from. But, If you're looking for an artist who can truly capture the heart and soul of your wedding and provide memories that will last a lifetime, Steve Exum is your man.

On behalf of all of our families, than you Steve.

Sent on 09/09/2017

Exum Photography's reply:

Wow! Bill I'm humbled by your incredibly kind remarks. Thank you so much. You said more in your review than I could ever possibly try to convey. You truly get my intentions and the strategy behind my approach. Many, many thanks.

JoBeth · Married on 06/24/2017

Amazing unique pictures and a friendly staff!

Amy · Married on 06/10/2017

Steve Exum captures the day like few wedding photographers do ... his eye for light, color, and a natural look produce images that are stunning and real. I've entrusted two of my daughters' weddings to his creative, capable, and detailed hands. His end of the night slideshow was a favorite event at both of my daughters' weddings. He's simply one of the best.

Sent on 06/18/2017

Exum Photography's reply:

Amy it was an honor and a privilege to tell Rachel and Josh's story in pictures. There was so much obvious joy and love visibly evident in their faces that it made capturing these moments genuinely easy. I love your family. This was not a shy group of partiers on the dance floor. The NC State wolf duo guest appearance was pretty much the icing on the cake to take the partying up a notch. So much fun ... such a joy to document! Happy anniversary to you and Jim! Warmly - Steve Exum

Gabrielle · Married on 05/06/2017

If you are looking for an amazing professional, creative, passionate and true quality photographer for your wedding, Steve Exum is your guy! We specifically chose Steve because of his "journalistic" approach to photography. I was blown away with the photographs he took- they perfectly captured the "vibe" of our wedding and expressed true emotion. I especially loved his group wedding shot, we will treasure that forever. I could not be more pleased with Steve and his crew, they are the BEST!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Exum Photography's reply:

You nailed it Gabie. We try to tell YOUR story because an amazing story happens at every wedding and no two weddings are a like. A photojournalist can anticipate where to be and when to shoot to capture that authentic story. A wedding is full of priceless moments and it's one reason I always encourage the bridal party and family to follow the bride and groom directly out of the church for that peak celebratory moment. I discourage wedding coordinators from "hiding" the bride and groom immediately following the ceremony. Worst practice ever. There were so many priceless moments at your wedding, your bridesmaids peaking in from the door as you got ready, the altar exchange big smiles at each other, your exit, you mom's embracing outside the church (love that shot) your beautiful first dance and the dances with your parents and that amazing moment when Rob serenaded you from the stage. PRICELESS! And maybe even more priceless was the moment you grabbed Rob after his rockstar performance in complete shock and so much Joy.

K · Married on 03/12/2017

Steve and Alex were wonderful to work with! They were very professional, patient and blended in almost to the point that you didn't even know they were there and taking pictures. They were kind and appropriate with the small children and seniors, making everyone feel comfortable and relaxed.
    Their work was amazing! We loved our pictures and so do all our guests. They did all the standard traditional shots that our parents wanted, but they also took some amazing and unique shots that we wanted. Their eye and creativity was perfect.
    We would definitely use them again and highly recommend their services.

Sent on 01/03/2018

Thank you so much for you kind words! - Steve

Megan · Married on 07/09/2016

Steve is a wonderful photographer! He did our engagement photos, my bridal portraits and of course our wedding day. He and his crew know how to capture moments and truly tell a story with the pictures. He is GREAT at making his clients feel comfortable behind the camera! I would highly highly highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Exum Photography's reply:

Many Thanks Megan. Enjoyed all 3 shoots with you! What an amazing tree you and Wesley chose to start your married life under. Epic! Give my best to your groom! - Steve

Logan · Married on 06/11/2016

We booked Steve Exum and the Exum Photography team for our June 2016 wedding in Durham, NC, and we were so pleased with the entire experience. A friend of mine used Steve for her own wedding, so we knew that we would be getting high quality photos of our wedding--but Steve went above and beyond expectations! The whole team is incredibly professional and reliable, something I appreciated more on my wedding day than I ever thought possible. They were on time, they made sure to take every single photo we requested and discussed as well as many many more, and they have a real skill for capturing natural photos--our friends and our family look comfortable and happy in every shot. They knew my husband and I were eager to not spend too much time taking portraits between the ceremony and the reception, and they managed to capture a series of absolutely stunning portraits in what must have been record time. My husband and I both fully recommend Steve and his team!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Exum Photography's reply:

Logan, I appreciate your observations so much. I really try to be efficient and creative and capture moments as naturally as possible. My goal with every wedding ceremony is to be an asset in helping it go smoothly and comfortably while telling a beautiful narrative and being as unobtrusive as I can. I so want my clients to love their wedding photos and remember their day as a joyful and soul filling celebration. I always want to surpass expectations.

Janey · Married on 06/04/2016

Steve and his team are phenomenal! My brother and sister both used him for their weddings, so when I got engaged, the first and easiest decision I made was booking Steve. I even called him to make sure he had our wedding date free! During both the engagement and bridal sessions, Steve made the experience relaxed and fun. I love his team's attention to detail, knowing that they would capture all the special moments at all of our wedding events. They are professional, hard working, and fun to be around. We love every photo and our overall experience with the Exum Photography group. Thanks, Steve!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Exum Photography's reply:

Janey, Thank you so much for your kind words. You and your family are like family to me. Shooting the last of the Elmore weddings was both an honor and came with a bit of sadness as it feels like the end of era of engagements, bridals and FANTASTIC wedding celebrations! Warm Regards - Steve

Donna · Married on 05/28/2016

Steve did an awesome job at our wedding. We booked things late he was very accommodating and the pictures came out beautiful. This was a second marriage for both of us an he captured our personality beautifully. I highly recommend Exum for any occasion. Will definitely be using him again when my kids start getting married. My whole family loved him. Steve worked with us on cost as well. We did not have a traditional wedding just pictures for the party celebration... thank you Exum for great pictures from our wedding day!!

Jenny · Married on 05/22/2016

Steve will be your best decision regarding your wedding! He is extremely talented, kind and professional. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. Everyone is complimenting me on my mini wedding video he created for us and they just can't wait to see his final photos. My finance didn't have a lot of money, but he was worth every penny we spent above budget. We can't wait to receive our CD full of images. Do not look any further for your wedding photographer!

Steve is a talented photographer. He is extremely professional, kind and creative and was very helpful leading up to our wedding day. He made us a wonderful slide show that he showed at the end of our wedding. He maneuvered back and forth between the house we rented and the hotel we got ready at. Steve tries is very best to ensure you are happy and takes great pride in his work. With the holiday season upon us, we just gave several of his images to family and friends as gifts, it was a delight to see them open it up and smile. We now are eagerly awaiting our Wedding album which I am sure will be amazing due to Steve's talented team!

Katherine · Married on 06/20/2015

We were SO grateful to have Exum Photography as a vendor for our wedding! The team did a wonderful job navigating our requests and preferences, while also maintaining professionalism and enthusiasm! We cherish our photographs and frequently look through our albums. Thank you to Exum Photography for perfectly capturing the best day and celebration of our marriage!

Virginia · Married on 04/25/2015

We are so glad we worked with Exum Photography for our wedding. I am confident no other photographer would have captured our beautiful day the same way. The photography style was exactly what we were looking for. Our pictures are stunning and we enjoy looking at them all of the time. Steve Exum is a pleasure to work with. He is very professional, very responsive, and cool. He made the day more enjoyable and fun. He has so much experience and truly put myself and everyone at ease. Steve took the time to speak with me to learn about us as a couple, our families, our friends, the day etc. He wanted to get to know everyone to better ensure that he was capturing the right moments. If you are looking for quality, beautifully captured moments, and a great experience, then Exum Photography is the way to go.

Sent on 04/03/2017

Exum Photography's reply:

Virginia, wow ! I'm so honored by your review. Despite's a bit of rain and wind, the weather mostly held off for your beautiful Charleston, SC wedding under the live oaks. You, Sean and your families were a joy to capture. Cheers from the East Coast! - Steve

We worked with Steve and his team (including Griffin & Meredith) for both an engagement session and our wedding day, and we had a wonderful experience with them in every way. They are professional, flexible, and fun to work with, and the output of everything we have seen of their work is outstanding. They helped us with a quick turnaround on the engagement session to get some of our favorite photos ready to use for our save the dates, and we received so many compliments on the beautiful images. A BIG highlight on the wedding day was the slideshow/video of photos they presented towards the end of the evening when our band took their break. It's a unique thing that I've never seen another photographer do at a wedding and I have been watching it literally every day since we returned from the honeymoon!

Note from my mom to Steve after the wedding:

5-6-14
    Dear Steve,
    When we booked you a year ago for Sarah's wedding, I knew we had found a great professional with artistic attention to detail. Now that we have seen your engagement photo session AND the wedding reception slideshow, my expectations have been satisfied beyond what I had hoped! I guess that means I can't wait to see the rest of the photos from the wedding and I know we will have difficult choices to make from so many great photos! You have a great team and truly have your craft and timing perfected. Thank you for working so thoroughly with us on finalizing the timeline to best suit our wishes. We received many compliments during the evening from the wedding party on how great you were to work with, as most of them had been in many weddings and witnessed various levels of efficiency in the wedding photo process!
    I have shared your slideshow link with family and friends who are all raving about it!
    I know we will be in touch once you have wedding photos to view online, but until then please accept our sincere thanks for making our wedding day experience such a pleasant one!

All the best,
    Paige

Catherine · Married on 06/08/2013

Steve and his team were so nice and easy to work with. Everything was clearly explained and I was so happy with all of my pictures. I liked that Steve and his team were a little more creative than your average wedding photographer. I don't have one complaint and I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 04/10/2017

Thank you Catherine. I hope you and George are doing great. Warmly, Steve
  • Mrs. Christie H~

Christie · Married on 08/11/2012

THANK YOU GRIFFIN!!! I cannot say enough good things about the photos we have already seen. They are wonderful!

Kasey · Married on 11/05/2011

Steve and his team were so wonderful throughout our wedding including all of the planning leading up to our special weekend. Steve did our engagement photos and bridal portraits which was great because we got to know each other early on. He has a very calming, laid back presence and his photography tells a story - your story. The slideshow shown towards the end of the reception is a show stopper and blew everyone away. I can't think of a more perfect ending to such a special day. I have referred Steve Exum to many people and would do so over and over again. Having gone to several weddings where he has been the photographer, he continues to grow and his drive to keep getting better is evident through his work which only gets better with time.

Sent on 04/12/2017

Exum Photography's reply:

Casey, thank you for such a kind review. You hit the nail on the head when you said I tell "your story." That is my number one goal. It will unfold right in front of me as long as i am observant and use good technique wirh an easy-going demeanor. Years of working as a photojournalist have enabled me to be at the right place at the right time using the strategy of intuition and technique. To be completely honest you are a stunning bride and that made for a fantastic pictures. Warmly, Steve

Jamie · Married on 09/24/2011

Steve and Griffin were great to work with. They have a way to set everyone at ease and have fun while taking the pictures. They also produce exceptional, artistic, moment-capturing images. We were very happy with their work and would highly reccomend them.

Rebecca · Married on 08/20/2011

Steve captured all the intimate memories without being over-bearing. Exactly what we wanted! I recommend Exum photography.