63 Reviews for Extravagant DJs

Microphones (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
Uplighting (1)
60 Extravagant DJs Reviews

We just celebrated our kids wedding Christina & Michael Sunday sept 24, 2017 . Could not wait to write this review. Sal you are the best!!!!! You and your group outdid yourselves. People could not stop dancing, and that's what we wanted to see. Got so so many calls from friends "Best wedding ever" Thank you!!!!

Profile Picture Vicky, 9/24/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Flat Screen, Photobooth, One Event Per Day

We absolutely cannot say enough about Extravagant DJs. From the first second I met Sal, he was professional, honest, fun, fair and most of all cared about our day! He listened to our concerns, and our thoughts and he made it all a reality. He went above and beyond to make our wedding day top notch! Him and Mike and the rest of the crew are people that we will never forget. They made the night a night to remember. From the Music, Photo Booth, lights, CO cannons, introductions, ceremony...we cannot say thank you enough. We would HIGHLY recommend them to everyone and anyone we can!!!! There are seriously not enough words to say thank you. People are still raving about you all! Cant wait to work with you for any occasion we can!!!! Thank you from the bottoms of our hearts for giving us the wedding that we always dreamed of.
Mr. & Mrs. Ditzig
(BOOK EXTRAVAGANT!!!!)

Profile Picture Tiffany , 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

I must say that Extravagant Entertainment upheld their promise that they would entertain our guests. Sal Gendus and his MC, Matt blew away our expectations. It has been weeks since our wedding and we are still getting compliments on the music and the pace of the entertainment throughout the night. We truly felt in the spotlight when it was time for our first dance as husband and wife. When meeting with Sal throughout the process, he made us feel like family and allowed us to be apart of the music selection process. He was honest and caring about us and our guests. I loved Extravagant Entertainment's energy, knowledge, and professionalism during our day! They even sent a short personal video clip the next day so that we could have a memory personalized from them. Thank you once again for making our day one that our guests and we will never forget! I highly recommend Extravagant Entertainment for any and all social events.

Profile Picture James, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

I called Sal a few months before my traditional West African engagement ceremony and reception. My plan was to ask him to provide the lighting for me but in the end he did so much more!! Despite a very spontaneous and frantic call, he answered every single one of my questions. We had a 45 min conversation before he knew whether or not I would move forward with his services. I knew I was in great hands. Sal and his team provided amazing lighting/draping, wonderful bartending staff, a top notch DJ, and a great MC for my event. I was very anxious as we were planning a Ghanaian/Nigerian event. But when he said he had it under control (to include my constant reminders of the need to cater to a West African crowd), he really, truly meant it. My guests couldn't stop talking about how great the party was and that really would not have been possible without Sal. He was honest about expectations/budget/possibilities while still working to meet all my "wants." Did I mention that I planned this event from Chicago (to take place in New Jersey)?! Yup! And Sal was there for every crazy, anxious step. Sometimes he was a bit difficult to get a hold of in the beginning but he was present when it mattered most. If you're considering working with Sal and his team-just do it! You'll be happy you did.

Profile Picture Louisa, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

My husband and I planned our wedding for about one year, just 3 weeks before our wedding, the venue breached our contract and we canceled the venue. Just three weeks before our wedding we were able to book at The Estate at Farrington Lake and Sal was able to be our DJ. Sal and his team were amazing! From the ceremony to the very last song,
We couldn't be happier. We honestly are thankful that our wedding venue and date changed, because if it didn't, our wedding wouldn't have been so memorable. To this day friends and family tell us how much fun they had dancing and partying!!!! Thanks to Sal and his team!!!!

Profile Picture Christina, 7/14/17, 1 Review

Dear Sal,

Today marks the one-month anniversary of Ilana and Geoff’s wedding, and we are all still relishing the memories of that night. I am reaching out to you to express my sincerest thanks for making this a magical evening for us. The music selections were amazing and there was never a lull in the evening’s events. We all literally danced the night away- the millennials, Gen x’ers, baby boomers, and everyone in between. The photo booth and additional two live musicians helped to make the night extra-special - we never wanted it to end.

With much appreciation,

Ruby Unger

Profile Picture Ruby, 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Sal and his crew are so amazing and professional from beginning to end. He is kind and so educated in the entertainment business and his customer service is stellar. I would recommend him over and over again. Thank you Sal for making our day and experience seamless!

Profile Picture Wendy, 11/11/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Sal was an EXCELLENT DJ. He made the wedding night!! I wouldn't change anything about the services. The MC and photo booth operator were also excellent. I will not use any other entertainment group no matter how big or small my next event will be!

Profile Picture Raushanah, 9/17/16, 1 Review

Sal did a terrific job!

The value of the package we got was insane, and the quality was superb. His MC was ON POINT and kept the mood and energy way up the whole night. The musicians he hired were fantastic as well; they really gave the cocktail hour a classy, upbeat vibe. And the pianist for the ceremony played beautifully. We were unsure as to what songs to give Sal, but they came through - you can trust them to know what to play and when. I highly recommend these guys, we loved how it all came out!!

He also got us photographers and videographers for a great value. And the photo booth was great too, people loved it - and they even provide a photo book for guests to put their photos in and leave a message! (though you may want to provide your own guest book for additional writing, as some people like to keep both copies of their photos).

(Word of advice: If you do get in contact with Sal, you need to call him repetitively. No matter what, don't worry - he's got your back and it'll be amazing. But don't be scared to spam his phone and email.)

All in all, HIGHLY recommend! He'll make your event come together like no one else.

Profile Picture Sylvia, 8/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Videography
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I can't say enough about Sal and the Extravagant team....amazing! All were professional and extremely knowledgable. I will definitely be referring friends!

Profile Picture Dana, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
3.9

It was difficult getting a response when trying to make appointments to meet or discuss plans with extravagant entertainment throughout the planning process however they delivered what was discussed on the day of the event. The emcee Denver did a great job with getting the crowd hyped and involved.

Profile Picture J, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

There are not enough words to say how AMAZING Sal and his team at Extravagant Entertainment was! We hired him for our wedding down in Long Beach Island, NJ. We have been married for a month now and people are still telling us how unbelievable he was! The dance floor was packed at all times which is exactly what my husband and I wanted. He also played a great variety of amazing music which was perfect for our crowd. Grandma to our cousins were dancing the entire night.
Sal was the first vendor I booked because music is so important and really sets the vibe for the entire reception. I knew, without a doubt, that he would really make our event one to remember.

In term of additions, he also provided our beautiful open air photo booth and LED uplighting around the entire room which really set the scene. He even provided dry ice for our entrance which was a big hit!! If you are on the fence on who to get- I 100% recommend him and everyone from Extravagant Entertainment. In addition, he also had options to add live cocktail music and additional live musicians for the cocktail house and reception.

Regarding his professionalism, Sal always went out of his way to meet with me whenever worked best with my schedule, he gave me such great advice on the timeline and the flow of the party, and he delivered 100% of what he promised during our initial meeting. He treated me like family and always had my best interest in mind.
He truly is an expert in the wedding and event business and really knows how throw great party!
Planning a wedding can be stressful but he took the stress out of the equation and knew exactly how to make me calm and excited. He runs his business extremely well, is very organized, and will do anything in his power to ensure your day is absolutely perfect. I really can't say enough, they did such a phenomenal job!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Sal was so helpful in helping to plan my daughter's communion party. He took care of everything for me!

Profile Picture Tara, 5/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Exceeded my expectations by miles. My guests never stopped dancing. Even the ones that never dance. Sal really made my Wiifes dream wedding complete. Thank you Sal!

-Lane

Profile Picture User6226189, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Sal was truly amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

My husband and I had seen the Extravagant Entertainment at my best friend's wedding 1 month before we got engaged. As soon as we picked our date he was the 2nd vendor we booked. Sal is the quintessential expert on throwing a party. We met with him a few times and each time he gave great suggestions, but never pressured us into anything. From the experience at my friend's wedding we already knew we wanted to have the open air photo-booth, uplighting, and of course DJ services. After talking with him we ended up adding the TVs and confetti cannons to help make ringing in the New Year extra special (it was perfect!) Sal even helped us set up the floor plan to ensure the perfect flow for our guests.

Our MC, Matt, was also truly fabulous. He kept the party going all night!

In addition to the exceptional services from Extravagant Entertainment , we also hired a Greek band for the reception (separately) and Sal made sure to work with them to develop an itinerary which made the night flow seamlessly. Our guests are still raving about what a great time they had! Thank you Sal and Matt!

Profile Picture Sophia, 12/31/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Flat Screen, Photobooth, Uplighting

Had several meetings with DJ before hand - which was great and he really took the time to get to know our music taste. all guests at the wedding were raving how good our music choices were. They did a great job getting everyone up and dancing! Very professional and photo booth was awesome! we had the open photo booth i was able to squeeze me and 15 of my friends in! great time best day of my life! It was great seeing my husband dancing and having a great time which doesn't happen very often.

Profile Picture Gina, 11/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Photography

Sal was amazing! He was always prompt and quick to respond and was extremely helpful! Sal knows what he's talking about and knows how to keep everyone on the dance floor. He made my father-daughter dance tribute to my late father truly memorable and touching. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He makes you feel more like family then just a customer.

Profile Picture Christine, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Booking Extravagant Entertainment for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. We were fortunate enough to attend a wedding, in which Sal DJ'ed... from that day, we knew who we wanted to use for our special day. The music was amazing and we had a crowded dance floor all night. Everyone, and I mean everyone at our wedding, ages 3 to 90 were out there dancing! They all raved about our DJ then and they still do now! :)

As our wedding day got closer, Sal met with us and reassured us that everything would work out perfectly together. He is so outgoing, honest, and energetic. He made us feel more relaxed and took the stress out of the last minute worries that most brides and grooms have. My husband and I were extremely happy with our DJ, our Emcee, the lighting, and the open-air photo booth... many thanks to Sal and his company

Profile Picture Shana, 10/2/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

We don't even know where to start. Our family and friends still can't stop talking about our wedding and how amazing it was. Sal was a huge part of it. He literally brought everyone to the dance floor even those we don't like to dance. The lights were the perfect purple. The music was insanely good! We wish we could re-live our wedding night. We had so much fun. The perfect touch also was the photo booth we rented. We can't wait to receive the photo booth pictures on the CD so we can have them as memories as well. Sal and the MC put on such a great show, I'd highly recommend them. We 100% recommend Sal to DJ ANY type of event. Thanks again Sal!!

Profile Picture lauren, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

Sal and his crew were awesome! We had so much fun at our wedding! We danced all night! We got married 9/19/15. Our guests are still saying that they had an amazing time! Everyone loved our DJ and the music! We loved everything Sal did for us. And our photo booth was awesome! Sal was a pleasure to work with!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5536344, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

Working in the entertainment industry for my brother in law's company has provided me an opportunity to share many special moments with brides and grooms on their big day. However, when it came to my wife and I's wedding and the fact that family comes first, with my brother in law being in our bridal party we were faced with a unique circumstance in terms of finding the right entertainment. From the very onset and initial meeting with Sal, we knew that Extravagant Entertainment was the perfect fit for us.

Sal is very knowledgeable with many years of experience, accommodating, friendly, easy to work with & accessible, and overall an awesome person whom we are proud to call a friend. Most of all, he's very patient and cooperative considering he refers to me as the best bride/groom he's ever worked with! Sal and his staff worked very hard by going above and beyond to ensure that our day delivered and the fact that weeks later, is still being regarded as the best wedding people have gone to. We had a lot we wanted to accomplish and Sal was more than up to the task. From our custom wedding backdrop that guests could have their photo taken as if they were walking the red carpet, to the massive amount of lighting/uplighting in the reception, the two 70 inch TV screens that showed our custom logo and pictures, a special Mom/Son dance surprise, and of course the variety of music played for all of our family, friends, & guests who didn't want to leave the dancefloor all night long, what more can you ask for? There was absolutely nothing we felt that Sal could not do for us. Sal, Izzy, with his great emcee work the entire night, & the EE team set the tone for what was an incredible experience all around.

We couldn't be any happier than we are for having Sal and his crew part of our adventure. Aside from my family's own entertainment company, my wife and I cannot recommend Sal & Extravagant Entertainment any more. They made our incredible day all that more amazing!!!!

Profile Picture Josh, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

After attending friend’s wedding that was DJ-ed by Sal and his team and having a great time, we decided to have Extravagant Entertainment provide the music (DJ and Saxophone), uplighting, and photo booth at our own wedding. We couldn’t be happier with our decision! The lighting in the space made it look like a completely different room (in the best way!) and the photo booth was a great addition to the day. We love looking at our scrapbook, it was so nice to be able to take it with us right from the reception. Sal’s service was very professional, he answered all of our questions thoroughly and met with us multiple times (upon our own request) in person to make sure we felt comfortable and had all of the information we needed. Sal is extremely passionate about his company and his career and it definitely shows in the end product. We felt so confident in him that we barely even gave any suggestions on what we wanted for the day. He was so patient with my requests, even making changes and collaborating with the venue staff 30 minutes before the reception started when I asked for a change. Sal was so fun to be around and has such a great personality that during the reception we felt like he was just another friend partying with us and providing awesome music! Our MC was Denver, who was the best!! Denver was entertaining but in a very classy and professional way. Our guests still can’t stop talking about how great the music and entertainment was during the reception! We highly recommend Extravagant Entertainment for any event, especially a wedding! We can’t say enough great things about Sal and his team – thank you!!

Profile Picture Valerie, 3/21/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Sal and his crew made our daughter's 13th Birthday Dance Party a total success. Their professionalism and commitment were phenomenal. The kids had a blast ! The parents came early for pick-up to join in on the fun !
Brought some real sunshine to a a stormy winter day in Manhattan !!!!

Profile Picture vivian, 1/24/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Rocked the house!! Great music, great entertainers! The day was amazing!! Ty so much!

Profile Picture noelle, 9/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Extravagant entertainment was one of the best choices I made for my wedding. The guys were professional, were great at their craft, and motivated my guests to dance with their music and style. I would choose this company again if I had another big event. Thanks again Extravegant entertainment!

Profile Picture Andre, 9/13/14, 1 Review