Exquisite Events and Consulting Reviews

64 | Fletcher, NC

64 Reviews for Exquisite Events and Consulting

64 Exquisite Events and Consulting Reviews

Nick and Victoria · Married on 09/19/2015

We decided to hire Lisa as our day of coordinator based on the glowing reviews she received on this website, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. She sat down with us twice prior to the big day to make sure that we had hired, talked to, and thought of everything that we needed to get ready, which of course we had not, and then she took it from there. After our final meeting (about a month before the wedding) we gave her the contracts and contact information for all the vendors and we were able to just enjoy our party. She kept all the other vendors on time and on point, helped keep people organized for pictures, and just made sure everything was happening when it was supposed to be happening. The most impressive part was the way she did, with a big smile and positive attitude the entire time. After the wedding at least 20 people have told me how great she was and that they wish they had a coordinator like her at their own wedding. I don't know how she does what she does, but she was easily worth 5x what we paid her.

Tracy · Married on 09/06/2015

We don't even know how to begin explaining what a joy Lisa, of Exquisite Events & Consulting, was to work with. From the moment we met her, we felt so confident that our wedding day would run smoothly in her hands.

Lisa started working with us one month out from the wedding day and coordinated with each of our vendors so we didn't have to worry or think about it.

We have so many talented friends in the entertainment industry that we asked to be part of our day and Lisa worked with each of them to ensure they knew where to be and at what time. She made sure the whole day was seamless.

On the day of the wedding, Lisa anticipated every need we may have had, so much so that at the end of the night, I told my sister either they were hiding everything from me or the night had unfolded without a hitch. It was all thanks to Lisa's behind the scenes work that the night felt like a wonderful dream.

Kathryn · Married on 07/18/2015

Lisa was so incredibly wonderful. Our day would not have come together if it were not for her. She was flexible and understanding when there were different opinions and helped us think through tough things that I never would have thought of! She was incredibly thorough and fun and really was just so lovely. Already recommending her to others in the Asheville area who are nearing the engagement time.

Lynn · Married on 06/19/2015

As mother of the bride, I was able to truly enjoy our day. Lisa "took the wheel" and I just enjoyed the ride!

Melissa · Married on 06/06/2015

I debated needing a wedding coordinator but can tell you hiring Lisa was one of the best investments we made! She was available whenever we needed her and reminded us about little details we needed to think through. She was well connected to many of the vendors we used and folded in new vendors as if they had worked together for years. She is warm, welcoming, and easygoing and kept our wedding day focused on us. Anytime someone asked a question or needed something I would say “find Lisa” and it was done. Many guests, including two that work in event planning/wedding consulting, commented on how well Lisa orchestrated the rehearsal and the wedding. I highly recommend Lisa.

Britt · Married on 02/28/2015

Lisa was a calming force during a very busy (stressful) and exciting time! She is thoughtful, articulate, creative and most importantly, warm and fuzzy. She was a tremendous help and I am SO glad I hired her.
    I cannot recommend her enough! (2/28/15-Homewood)

Rebekah · Married on 09/27/2014

What wonderful care and service we received from Lisa! She was always so organized and reassuring. I think she answered the same questions for me about 50 times, and was never impatient or rushed. I felt completely confident that it would all come together just as we had planned, and it did. Lisa had great recommendations for vendors, knew all the right timing for coordinating them, and it all worked so well. Our fee for Exquisite Events was the very best money we spent, and I think she paid for herself, in helping us create a beautiful, economical event.

Rebekah · Married on 09/27/2014

I loved working with Lisa! She was so organized and calm. She patiently answered the same questions over and over, and walked me through me tiny meltdowns so beautifully. I will be happy to engage her for other events; I think she could make any party better! Thanks, Lisa!

Lauren · Married on 09/06/2014

I remember stepping out of the van shuttle back from the church to my reception site. The first thing I said as I put my feet on the ground was, "I need to find Lisa". Before I could utter the last syllable Lisa opened the door! Lisa is worth her weight in gold. We had several phone conversations and emails before my reception. I hired her as the day of coordinator for my wedding reception. She helped me organize and plan and brought up details I had not thought of. She put together a day of timeline that literally saved the day. My reception was flawless thanks to her efforts. She is a steal of a deal and will blend in with any reception venue staff. I loved that she dealt with all the details but did not try to control the bridal party or myself during the reception, I have seen this at other weddings in the past. Everyone commented on her efficiency. SHE IS GREAT!

Jacklyn · Married on 08/02/2014

Lisa of Exquisite Events and Consulting was absolutely amazing to work with! I'm honestly not sure how anyone gets married without a coordinator like Lisa! She was so detail oriented and handled everything beyond my expectations. It was the best peace of mind on my wedding day to know that she was there to take care of everything so that we could just enjoy the day. I could not recommend Lisa enough - hiring her was the most well spent money of the entire day!

Lisa at Exquisite Events and Consulting was so extremely helpful. She certainly helped keep me sane throughout the whole wedding planning process. She was incredibly efficient and so on top of her game. She never missed a beat. She really impressed me in the interview process when she said, "If something goes wrong on your wedding day, you will never know it." And she was right. I still don't know if anything went awry, and I don't care because our day was FABULOUS!

Sara · Married on 06/27/2014

Lisa was incredible!!!! My husband & I keep telling our friends & family that Lisa was the best money we spent for our wedding! She was extremely helpful in getting our ceremony organized & made sure all went smoothly for our big day. Lisa went above & beyond to ensure I had no worries on my wedding day. I would highly recommend Lisa for any planning or event coordination! TERRIFIC!!!

Gaye · Married on 05/31/2014

I cannot say enough about the extreme great service we received from Ms. Lisa Gatewood-McMillan at Exquisite Events and Consulting. Lisa answered immediately and set the wheels in motion. There was no pressuring and no worries. She did exactly what she said she was going to do. My daughter's wedding was absolutely flawlessly perfect thanks to Lisa. She reviewed the contracts, provided leadership and kept the channels of communication open. Lisa was always available either in person, email or phone. She also knew so much we would not know to ask for or set up. I was across the state, trying to plan a wedding in Asheville and Lisa made it happen. In fact she made it so easy. Her flexibility is amazing. If you want your wedding special, then you need to trust your special day to Lisa McMillan at Exquisite Events and Consulting.

Lisa is absolutely wonderful! Not only is she is flexible, prompt, supportive and organized, but she also has a great personality. She is the reason our special day went smoothly, and I don't know what we'd have done without her. Two words: Wonder. Woman.

• Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 05/25/2014

Lisa McMillan went over and beyond our expectations of our wedding day! We hired Lisa as our wedding day coordinator. I chose Lisa after interviewing two other coordinators for our destination wedding in Asheville, NC. Planning a destination wedding is not an easy task however Lisa was very organized, very responsive, and enthusiastic about our wedding from beginning to end. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and I give credit to Lisa! Many guests, including my mother-in-law and bridal party, commented on how well Lisa orchestrated the rehearsal and the wedding. I highly recommend Lisa and all she has to offer!

Alice · Married on 05/17/2014

If I could give Lisa 10 stars I would do so happily! The most important criteria for me was that my daughter and her wedding planner "got each other" from the beginning. Lisa understood her "vision" and saw to it that it was carried throughout by all vendors. Being from out of town, it was a tremendous bonus for us that all the vendors knew her well and had worked with her many times. Our wedding was beautiful, flawless and problem-free due to Lisa's expertise. Did I say she is one of the warmest people you will ever meet! Lisa will always have a special place in our hearts.

Anna · Married on 05/17/2014

I was the kind of bride who loves to do everything herself. I thought I had everything under control until it started getting closer to my wedding date. I called Lisa just praying she was affordable and available. I can't explain how much of an integral part of my wedding she was. She was so on the ball even noticing times in my contracts that didn't line up that I had missed. She was so wonderful to chat with me whenever I needed some questions answered. She is such a joy to work with because of her thoroughness, but also because of her spirit. Always smiling and super chipper, I don't know how she does it. I had my wedding at a place where I had to find all of the different vendors and contract with them separately. I forwarded on my contracts to her and she keep tabs on all the vendors. She even went so far as to help me timeline things outside the actual wedding because she said it was all part of the event! I can't imagine my weekend without her. She was truly a joy and pleasure to work with! Thank you thank you Lisa for all you do!

Lisa was a dream come true to work with. I met her a few years ago and knew that when I got married I wanted her help. And I wasn't wrong, with her help we planned a wedding that exceeded my expectations. Her vender recommendations were spot on. I have received so many compliments not only for Lisa's work but also for all the venders she recommended. I can not thank her enough for all the work that she did keeping us on schedule and organizied. Lisa managed all this while having my husband and I move aboard, a 13-14 hour time difference and my husband deploying. Lisa without your help and guidence I don't know that we could have pulled off such an amazing day. From the bottom of our hearts we can not thank you enough. We love you!!! Thank you again for everything.

Joanna · Married on 09/27/2013

I recently worked with Lisa to plan our Asheville wedding. Lisa was professional, organized, and responsive. When I emailed her with questions, she wrote me back very quickly and she followed through on all of the things she said she would take care of. She helped me with decisions big and small and offered reminders and suggestions that helped the day go smoothly. It was a huge help to have a timeline made for us and Lisa made sure we stayed on track. She helped set up decorations for the reception and without her I'm not sure how we would have gotten it all done. Lisa was full of energy and enthusiasm, making us feel excited and comfortable at the same time. Our wedding was more amazing that I could have imagined, and I am very glad we chose to work with Lisa to help us make it such a magical celebration.

Lisa was amazing! She is professional, attentive, detail oriented and overall amazing! My wedding ran flawless thanks to her!!

Kelly · Married on 07/06/2013

Lisa was everything I hoped for and more. I cannot begin to tell you how completely helpful, patient, kind, organized and wonderful she was. From the very beginning she was a dream come true. Our wedding went so very smoothly and I know that it was thanks to Lisa. I had so many compliments for her from my wedding guests and my family and friends. She was just a joy to work with and I can't say enough great things about her! It was just above and beyond what I thought she would help me with and it really took so much stress off of me, knowing that I didn't need to worry about it on my wedding day- I could just enjoy everything around me. My husband and I will always hold a special place in our hearts for her. I hope she knows how much of a blessing she has been to us. We are are so grateful!

Elizabeth · Married on 03/16/2013

I cannot say enough great things about Exquisite Events. Not only was working with Lisa an absolute joy (she is an amazing woman!), but she exponentially decreased our stress levels as the wedding drew near. Lisa was always available by email and phone, and she executed all tasks flawlessly. If anything went wrong during our wedding, we never knew about it because Lisa handled everything. Thank you Lisa for being an integral part of our Big Day!

Jana · Married on 08/11/2012

Lisa was amazing! She was so adaptive and on top of things. She took my thoughts and ideas seriously and kept everyone on track!

Theresa · Married on 06/30/2012

Lisa was great! Very attentive and organized.

Suzanne · Married on 05/27/2012

Lisa was AMAZING! We were thrilled with her services! She was professional, organized, and handled everything perfectly. We were planning our wedding from 10 hours away, and Lisa's help and support were invaluable. She went above and beyond to coordinate with our vendors and ensure that everything went off seamlessly! We had a few last minute changes, and Lisa took care of everything so that I didn't have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding. Our family and friends even commented on her professionalism and how impressed they were with her. Our photographer and videographer also commented on how she was the best coordinator that they had ever worked with. I am SO GLAD that we chose Lisa to handle our day of coordination. I met with several coordinators before making the final decision, and I can honestly say, without any hesitation, that Lisa was the best choice!