Exquisite Designs Reviews

29 Reviews for Exquisite Designs

1 User photo

Exquisite Designs 1

Tanya Liu · Married on 08/24/2019

Alex helped create our dream wedding!

Alex helped bring our wedding vision to life and it turned out to be above and beyond what we dreamt! She took time to listen to the exact look we were going for and gave her input on how to make it happen. Alex is professional, responsive, and extremely knowledgable about her craft - please don’t hesitate to hire the Exquisite Design team for your wedding or special event, we could not recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Pendexte · Married on 08/10/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Alex and team were amazing! After listening to our vision and learning about the venue, Alex's designs exceeded expectations. From the arrangements needed for the tables and the stage to the wedding bouquet (which was stunning), everything was executed flawlessly and was perfectly balanced visually. And all under our initial budget. Just as importantly, Alex made it fun -- she was responsive, attentive, professional and an overall lovely person. Cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/08/2019

Jennifer Minkow · Married on 02/23/2019

Perfect Floral Arranagement for our Perfect Day

Our floral and decor were stunning! The Exquisite Designs team was flexible in its approach, even making several adjustments only a month before our big day. We continue to receive compliments on our arrangement and questions about our vendor. We emphatically share that Exquisite Designs was wonderful to work with and that we'd recommend to any-/everyone!

Sent on 04/07/2019
    Exquisite Designs 2

Sterling · Married on 06/16/2018

The Exquisite Designs team, and Alex are positively incredible! They went above and beyond to make my wedding on June 16, which also happened to be a scorching hot day for an outdoor, tented wedding, the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen! Alex responded promptly to all my emails and questions, was genuinely interested in making our day the most spectacular it could be, and even went out of her way to incorporate my family's homegrown peonies into the arrangements and my bouquet. I can not say enough about Alex and her team and would recommend her to anyone (which I do all the time!).

Sent on 07/13/2018

Sarah · Married on 11/04/2017

Alex and the entire Exquisite Designs team created the most incredible decor for our November 4th wedding. They brought our vision to life in the best way and it was more than we could've asked for. Both ceremony and reception totally exceeded our expectations. It was stunning. The most beautiful wedding I’ve ever seen. We wanted unique florals, a lot of greenery and some fall colors without it feeling forced and that's exactly what Alex did and more.
    They created the coolest greenery/floral arch for us to get married under, an unbelievable elevated piece over our head table, and brought in cool touches like grapes, artichokes and pomegranates to the table decor.
    Alex also was the first to tell us when we could skip certain elements (when she felt they weren't necessary and could be a waste of money) and when we really should go bigger on certain things (like custom bars for our alcohol loving crowd). It was so amazing, we would recommend Exquisite Designs hands down!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Julie · Married on 10/14/2017

Alex @ Exquisite Designs delivered brillantly on every aspect of flowers, lighting, furniture and candles for my daughters wedding at 19East-Chicago. The quality was just amazing and beautifully coordinated...the tables looked stunning. Alex is a true professional in every sense of the word. Thank you so much Alex!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Sheri · Married on 09/23/2017

Alex at Exquisite Designs was recommended to us by our wedding planner for my daughter's wedding on 9/23/17. We were told she would do a great job and make it look like we spent far more than we did. That was absolutely true. Alex made the ceremony and reception look as though we had an unlimited budget for the most spectacular floral artist in the city. I was astounded by Alex's creativity, the variety of flowers, and the beauty she created in every space at The Woman's Club of Evanston. It was a pleasure working with Alex. She is the consummate professional and artist. I highly recommend Alex and Exquisite Designs!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Neha · Married on 07/02/2017

Alex did the flowers and decor for my South Asian wedding at the Morton Arboretum. Her work is amazing. The floral centerpieces were lush and colorful. The color of the mandap's draping and florals were elegant and bright.

I was a very hands-off bride when it came to flowers and colors. My thought is that beautiful flowers are beautiful flowers, and I put 100% trust in Alex's abilities and expertise as a florist and stylist. When I came in to see a mockup of the centerpieces a few months before the wedding, I was blown away by how gorgeous everything looked.

She has amazing taste. She took my vision and evolved it into something more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Never in my dreams would I have expected my wedding to ACTUALLY look like it came out of a Pinterest board.

We received so many compliments from guests and family members. Many commented that it was among the most beautiful wedding decor they'd ever seen!

Thank you Alex! You made our wedding more beautiful than we could have ever imagined :)

Sent on 07/16/2017

Meagan · Married on 12/10/2016

Alex has amazing taste and will be able to get you an expensive look for less. She created a greenery suspended chuppah which was jaw dropping!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Ellie · Married on 06/25/2016

I absolutely loved working with Alexandra from Exquisite Designs! Not only was she very talented and the flowers were gorgeous, but she was such a pleasure to work with. She did an amazing job taking my ideas and making them a reality plus more. I cannot imagine my wedding day without the beautiful work of Exquisite Designs!!

Sent on 08/07/2016

I am a Wedding Planner with Storybook Weddings and Events, and I had the brief pleasure of working with Alexandra of Exquisite Designs in Chicago. I was hired as a couple's "Day-Of" Wedding Coordinator, and they had hired Exquisite Designs for the floral and other decor for both their ceremony and reception. Although Alexandra and I did not work together as intricately as I would have if I was their wedding PLANNER, I was able to quickly see that Alexandra is organized and professional. She was quick to respond to calls and emails and any questions that I had for her, and the day of the wedding went smoothly. Not only did her team execute everything properly and in a timely manner, but the flowers were beautiful! I was especially taken by the flower girl's flower ball/kissing ball. Sometimes flower balls tend to all look the same, but this one was so cute and well crafted that it made an impression on me, and the rest of the floral was beautiful, as well. I hope to work with her again, but next time as a planner versus a coordinator ;-)

Sent on 01/10/2016

I was given the opportunity to use Exquisite Designs by my wedding planner (Heather Vickery of Greatest Expectations). Alex and her team created an absolutely beautiful event. The decor was incredible. I was blown away by the attention to detail and elegance of everything. I submitted some general ideas, and was given so much more than I expected! All of the floral arrangements were elegant, tasteful, and fit with the theme of the wedding. The flowers were fresh and fragrant, and lasted for several days after the wedding. I would recommend Exquisite Designs to anyone who wants an absolutely gorgeous collection of wedding flowers. Thank you!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Meghan · Married on 12/31/2014

Best vendor I worked with at our wedding. Alex was responsive to what I wanted, extremely reasonable and flexible in all areas. I've been asked over and over again who I used for a florist because our wedding was so pretty!

Sent on 04/20/2015

Ania · Married on 09/06/2014

Alex provided the most beautiful flowers that I could have asked for on my wedding day. She has an incredible ability to listen to what you want and create it for the perfect look. Her creativity and professionalism is unparalleled and her personality makes the whole experience a blast. Thank you Alex for making my wedding so beautiful.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Megan · Married on 08/31/2014

Alex was such a pleasure to work!

We were very cost conscious and so flowers weren't high on our list of things we wanted to spend money on... Alex completely understood this, her proposal was very reasonable and the flowers were absolutely gorgeous!

She is incredibly professional and has a great vision - from our first meeting, I told her white flowers in mercury vases and she took it from there. They were perfect and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Katie · Married on 07/26/2014

I had a great experience with Exquisite Designs! Alex completely understood what I was going for and made really great suggestions throughout the process. I had gotten proposals from a couple other vendors before coming across Exquisite Designs, one of which was way too expensive to be able to achieve what I wanted and the other I felt was proposing something very "cookie cutter" for them and I wasn't confident in moving forward with them. Alex looked through everything I sent her that I liked from other weddings and proposed EXACTLY what I wanted, but didn't ask for since I thought it would be out of my price range. It was also such a great feeling to not be worried about how the flowers would turn out at the venue while I was off getting ready for the day - the trust is priceless.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Alex did the flowers for my August 2013 wedding and I would HIGHLY recommend her for anyone who is interested in working with a down to earth, talented, and reasonably priced vendor. Throughout the planning process, she captured my vision perfectly and made great suggestions about ways to enhance the ceremony and reception space (e.g., adding subtle draping) and how to trim costs in other areas (e.g., no need for lighting). She was incredibly responsive via email and phone, and answered all my questions, floral related and otherwise. Alex went the extra mile in all areas, including delivering floral arrangements and gifts to our parent’s hotel rooms prior to the wedding.

Most importantly, she worked seamlessly with my wedding planner and caterer to make sure the day was a success. The output was beautiful and I am so thankful that I was able to work with Alex!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Jaclyn · Married on 07/06/2013

I really wish I could rate this even higher! We worked with Alex who was helpful in everything! She totally went above and beyond her job responsibilities to make sure my day was perfect. I knew the first time I emailed she would be fabulous as she was so speedy in her replies making it 10x easier! She threw in a couple freebies for me to help me keep in line with my budget and made sure I had exactly what I wanted. On the day at Promontory Point in Chicago, she even helped rearrange the chair set up as she knew the other vendors had set it up incorrectly. Alex is dedicated, professional, responsive, and so great to work with. I can highly recommend Exquisite Designs to any bride!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Kelly · Married on 06/01/2013

Flowers were selected beautifully and arranged perfectly to my dreams for my big day. Wonderful! Practical! Amazing!

Sent on 02/26/2014
  • F

Fred · Married on 12/08/2012

Alex was so helpful with creating an amazing venue with her florals.

Sent on 12/10/2012

Cynthia · Married on 10/12/2012

Alex from Exquisite Designs is AMAZING! My partner and I had her do our flowers for our civil union wedding at the Drake in Chicago and she did an amazing job. She was able to create our vision - even though we only had a small idea as to what we wanted. The day of the wedding, the flowers were beautiful and could not have been more perfect. Alex goes above and beyond to make her work product top notch! She is easy to work with and extremely flexible. She had a huge part of our day in all the decorations of the Gold Coast Room/ceremony and reception and the French Room/cocktails. Everyone kept saying that the rooms looked amazing and simply magical. Look no further, Alex is an AWESOME florist and friend during this once in a lifetime process.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Jen · Married on 10/01/2011

Alex made wedding planning so much better! She was our day of, but she did so much more :) I dont think I could have done it, and stayed sane, without her! I miss her already- she became a friend! I cant thank her enough for making the day run so smoothly. When my bustle was ripped off of my dress, she was right there sewing and pinning it back together! She checked on me several times during the reception and always made sure we were doing ok! Alex is the BEST!

Sent on 01/26/2012

Raeonna · Married on 10/04/2008

Alex was amazing!! She was my Day-of coordinator, but she helped me is so many aspects of my planning. She made sure things ran smoothly and everyone was where they were supposed to be. She handled last-minute details and even reminded me after the wedding to send out my Thank Yous!! I could not have done it without her there!

Sent on 05/11/2009

Victoria · Married on 04/23/2016

We went with Exquisite Designs for flowers for our rehearsal dinner and wedding. Alex listened to our budget and provided a reasonable quote (unlike many other florists in Chicago). She was great to work with because she asked questions to get to know our likes/dislikes. She surprised us with a sample flower arrangement at our tasting. She always answered emails quickly. She was able to pull something together quickly for our rehearsal dinner. She had a lot of knowledge about the location we were getting married which helped the space look beautiful. I would highly recommend Exquisite Designs!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Jeannie · Married on 07/06/2018

Great team to work with! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/18/2018