Exquisite Blooms Reviews

36 | San Diego, CA

36 Reviews for Exquisite Blooms

Kristi · Married on 10/22/2016

Sally at Exquisite Blooms was amazing!! Not only does she have very fair prices but her work is beautiful! I wish I could post pictures! I actually didn't like my bouquets when I first saw them and she came to me right away and fixed what I didn't like and they turned out even more beautiful than I could have hoped! Our ceremony was SO GORGEOUS! The arch that Sally decorated was exactly what I wanted! The ceremony tables were beautiful as well. I would recommend Exquisite Blooms for any event!

Amanda · Married on 04/18/2015

Sally is simply amazing. When it came to my wedding, I had no idea where to start with flowers. I created a Pinterest board for inspiration that I felt was all over the place but between that and our many conversations and emails, Sally literally brought my vision to life. When I arrived to the venue on my wedding day and saw my bouquet, the corsages, the boutonnieres, the table settings – it brought tears to my eyes. It was everything I had envisioned and better. She is an artist and a joy to work with!

Jenell · Married on 09/13/2014

Sally Preston at Exquisite Blooms was awesome! I did not have a vision of my wedding flowers when I first met with her. I just knew of a color scheme to work with and my personal style. She took those ideas and somehow knew exactly what I was thinking when she provided examples of what she envisioned. She did a great job listening to my requests of small centerpieces. I did not want my guests to have to duck around a centerpiece to talk to the other guests at the table.
    My bouquet of blue orchids was stunning and everyone commented on how unique it was.
    Her pricing is very affordable and her work is beautiful. I highly recommend Exquisite Blooms for all your floral needs!

Taryn · Married on 09/07/2013

Sally did such a beautiful job on my wedding flowers. I was so happy with them. We had to do a few sample pieces until it was exactly what I wanted and when I saw them in person, I was even more pleased. They were perfect. She did a great job of working with my price range too. I would use her for any event that needed flowers.

Sally was awesome! Not only was she a joy to work with ahead of the big day, one of my favorite moments of my wedding was seeing her and her team walk in with all the gorgeous bouquets. The flowers came out better than I had imagined and the value was amazing. Some other florists were trying to charge 2-3 times more for lesser work. Sally wrote up an extremely detailed contract so I knew exactly what I was getting. She used my Pinterest boards for inspiration and totally nailed what I wanted. She also did a Skype chat with me to show me 'samples' of what the flowers would look like. Loved working with her!

Heather · Married on 05/05/2012

We selected Sally as our florist at the recommendation of our wedding planner and are so thrilled that we did! Sally put together our bouquets, corsages for our mothers and grandmothers, the reception centerpieces, bouts, cocktail table centerpieces, multi-colored petals for our aisle, beautiful floral decorations for our chuppah, and adorable succulent favors/escort cards for our guests (she even wrapped the little succulents in butcher paper, and attached the escort cards our stationary designer sent her with ribbon to the succulents for us!)

We did not give her a lot of specific ideas, other than that we wanted a lot of color and wanted her to use succulents, but she did a great job of understanding our vision. Everything she designed for our wedding felt unique and bursting with color, exactly like we wanted it to be! All of the flowers (but especially my bridal bouquet) completely took my breath away! One example of her creativity was that she paired succulents with different colored orchids for the mothers’ corsages and cocktail hour centerpieces. It wasn’t a combination I would have ever thought of, but it looked absolutely perfect and fit in so well with our overall design and our venue. The quality of all of the flowers was exceptional. To top it all off, her prices were very reasonable – she did a great job of selecting gorgeous blooms that were in our budget and would still have a huge impact.

All of the flowers at our wedding exceeded our expectations, and we could not have been happier with how everything turned out! We would highly recommend Exquisite Blooms!!

suzie · Married on 04/28/2012

Sally was recommended to us by our wedding planner and we are so thankful for the recommendation! Our knowledge of flowers was minimal so we simply told Sally what colors we wanted and the feel we were going for and she was able to create something amazing. Originally, our agreement was that the vases had to be returned to her after the wedding. But on the day of, she ended up letting us keep the vases so our guests could take home the centerpieces! Huge BONUS! Overall, Sally responded quickly to all of our emails, was very accommodating when we had to make some changes, and helped us to stay within our budget. We would highly recommend her to anyone!

Liza · Married on 04/21/2012

If I could figure out how to post a picture of our daughter's reception, I would do it, and then no words would be necessary!! When the reception ballroom doors opened (after the cocktail hour), there was, literally, an audible gasp from our guests when they saw the room! I'm being quite serious!! It was absolutely stunning! Sally is a true artist, and sooo wonderful to work with!
    Our daughter's wedding was 4/21/12 at the US Grant in San Diego, and we initially picked Sally to interview because of a picture we saw of one of her centerpieces. My daughter, the bride, loved speaking with her, and knew immediately that Sally seemed to grasp her ideas, and was the one she wanted to handle the flowers, as well as, all of the candles that were used (and there were many!!!).
    Anyway, her work was breathtaking, and we would highly recommend her to everyone.
    Another note of appreciation to Sally - she suggested that we donate the arrangements to hospice after the wedding, (which we did)and Sally handled all the details involving that as well!
    Love, love, love her!

• Kari

Kari · Married on 12/03/2011

Sally at Exquisite Blooms is amazing! I had no idea what I wanted for flowers, yet she made the most beautiful arrangements that perfectly matched my colors and personality. Her prices are very affordable and her flowers are top quality. She will work with you on whatever you want for your wedding-just a few flowers or tons of flowers.

Amanda · Married on 11/05/2011

I had seen Exquisite Blooms on a number of sites with rave reviews so I decided to give her a call. I am so glad I did! Not only was she reasonable, but my flowers were stunning! I was probably fairly difficult because I didn’t really know what I wanted, and I completely changed my mind half way through the process! I just couldn’t come up with an inspiration picture of exactly what I wanted. Though I totally trusted her, I was just nervous because I felt like I couldn’t put into words what I wanted. Well, Sally is a genius. She managed to get results that were EXACTLY what I was looking for, better than I had ever hoped. She was able to get these dahlias that were unlike dahlias I had ever seen. I got so many compliments on them!! The bouquets were all the perfect size. The ceremony flowers were stunning!! I love looking at the picture of our arch! For the reception I bought a bunch of vases, which she graciously took, off my hands a couple months early. I tried to have a vision when I bought them but was a little worried they weren’t going to work together. Sally made them all work perfectly! The tables looked exactly like what I had pictured! I still don’t know how she managed to pull all my thoughts together like she did, she is truly gifted! Absolutely worth hiring!

Meagan · Married on 07/09/2011

Sally was amazing! I'm a very hands-off bride, so I gave her some very vague descriptions of what I wanted. Sally took those and made the most floral arrangements for me! We got some many compliments. Sally was so easy to work with; she made everything easy for us. I would recommend her a thousand times!

Tricia · Married on 06/23/2011

I wasn't the kind of bride that knew exactly what kind of flowers I wanted. I knew basically the color scheme and feel I was going for and that was it. After Sally found out what we were looking for, she took care of everything for me...and it was amazing! The centerpieces (floral and candelabras) were absolutely gorgeous! I got SO many compliments from family and friends on them! I told her I wanted white flowers for my bouquet and maybe some lace, and she took took that to the next level. Everything was so much more beautiful than I could have imagined!

To top it off, she was incredibly responsive through email, professional, friendly and called me about a month before to verify everything. I would highly recommend you look into Exquisite Blooms if you want a talented florist for your event!

Claudette · Married on 02/18/2011

I planned my wedding from out of state and received Sally's information through my wedding planner. I loved the photos of her creations on her blog and knew that Sally would be the perfect person to design our flowers. We only met twice in the year of planning, most of our correspondence was through email. Sally always got back to me promptly and with all the info I needed. The flowers on the day of the wedding were AMAZING! I cried when I saw my boquet for the first time. My guests were blown away. Everything was perfect, better than I could have ever imagined. I would highly highly recommend Sally to anyone looking for spectacular wedding flowers!

• QTee59

TRACY · Married on 12/04/2010

Sally, the owner, was very easy to work with. She was very patient with me when I was trying to decide what flowers would work best for me and my wedding party. She not only delivered the flowers to my house and the church at no additional cost, she was very prompt when doing so. Her prices were very reasonable compared to other florists and her work is very beautiful.

Kasey · Married on 10/08/2010

Exquisite Blooms of San Diego truly made my wedding unforgettable with such amazing floral arrangements and I cannot thank Sally enough for everything she did for me!! I got married in the Fall of 2010 at Ponte Winery in Temecula, CA and for anyone who has ever been there they know just how beautiful this venue is. Sally was able to take this already beautiful venue and create a floral creation that turned Ponte Winery into a gorgeous wedding venue by using a fall inspired color palate to accent all the green from the vineyards. It was breath-taking and words could never describe just how beautiful turned out.

The even more amazing part was that I was on a budget for my flowers and Sally was able to come up with this amazing creation on such a small amount of money. She is extremely talented and knows her flowers!! It was hard for me to describe what I had envisioned but she was able to work closely with me and figure out what I wanted just by getting to know my personality.

If you have the chance to work with her don’t pass it up, she is a great!!!!

-Kasey

Kim · Married on 10/03/2010

Sally was so easy to work with. I really didn't know a lot about flowers and just went with all of her suggestions and it turned out beautifully. She also did a great job of staying within our budget.

Lauren · Married on 09/11/2010

Sally is Awesome! She is very creative and has amazing taste. She was easy to work with too. My flowers were exactly what I wanted and more!!!

Leigh Ann · Married on 07/31/2010

Sally was so great to work with and her flowers are absolutely gorgeous! I LOVED them!!

Anita · Married on 07/31/2010

the flowers were beautiful and they stayed that way the whole day thanks!

Mallory · Married on 07/01/2010

Sally is absolutely amazing! She has such a unique style of bouquets and I would recommend her to anyone! Not only is she very sweet and super professional, but she is very talented as well!! Her prices are very reasonable and her work says it all!

Joanne · Married on 06/26/2010

Sally with Exquisite Blooms is AWESOME! My husband and I planned our wedding in 2 months and we were on a budget. She worked with our budget as well as made our wedding beautiful! I could not be more happy with her artistic ability and her knowledge of flowers that would really work. Not really knowing about flowers, I gave her the reigns, after giving her our wedding colors -- grey and yellow. She has a great eye and I was so impressed when I arrived at the church to see our beautiful bouquets and boutonnieres. She also delivered our wedding flowers to our ceremony -- our simple yet elegent orchids. Sally is super professional and made it easy to work with her, especially when I had changes that I had to make a couple weeks prior to the wedding. I would highly recommend her for any wedding or occasion!!!!!!!

Leslie · Married on 06/20/2010

I cannot thank Exquisite Blooms enough for the fabulous job done on my wedding flowers. Sally was very helpful in selecting flowers that would accompany the ideas I brought to the table and was uber ready to meet the challenge of finding flowers that were not quite at their peak season. All the arrangements turned out so beautiful and smelled great too. I have been to a lot of weddings, seen many arrangements, and have worked with other vendors for friends and events, I have yet to meet anyone with the sweet personality that Sally has to go along with her quick response, perserverance to satisfy the client, beyond reasonible prices, and results that scream Exquisit!!! I highly recommend this vendor and will use her again and again for other life celebrations. Thank you Sally :o)

Sara · Married on 01/30/2010

We used Sally for all of our arrangements (bouquets, boutineers, aisle arrangements, center pieces, etc.) She did a fantastic job with the flowers for our wedding. I had very broad ideas about what I wanted in our arrangements, and she took the vague guidance and turned it into a spectacular & creative display that represented my husband and my tastes perfectly. The flowers were fresh and gorgeous! Also, she was very professional, friendly, and responsive.

simone · Married on 01/15/2010

Sally was a dream. I loved how everything came out. I knew it would be nice, but it was beyond my expectations. I loved the flowers, and the candles, and especially the wooden creations Sally created for me after I simply shower her a picture as an idea. Sally went along with all of my wild ideas. I loved working with her, and she was always available to listen to my ideas, and my mom's and my sister's and even the little flower girl's ideas. If you describe anything to Sally, as crazy and out there as it seems, Sally will make it all come together and look superb. The decoration on my wedding day was fantastic, and I have Sally to thank for it all.

Michelle · Married on 01/09/2010

I highly recommend Exquisite Blooms! Sally did a wonderful job making my wedding look pretty. My wedding bouquet looked really really nice as well as my bridesmaids' flowers. She did not skimp on the details.