89 Reviews for Expressway Music NYC DJ's

Do-Not-Play List (1)
Microphones (1)
Uplighting (1)
88 Expressway Music NYC DJ's Reviews

DJ David Swirsky is a great dj and make you want to dance, and played all my fav music!

Profile Picture matt, 2/22/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

On time, great job what more could a married woman ask for.

Profile Picture Jamie, 2/2/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

I couldn't of been happier, they made sure everyone was enjoying themselves

Profile Picture Nicole, 12/18/09, 4 Reviews
4.2

David is extremely personable and knowledgeable about all genres of music. Has an online request database and planning form that is extremely helpful. Played the music we requested and the additions he made were crowd pleasers. He really did a wonderful job on a most memorable night! The dance floor was packed all night long and there was definitely something for everyone. I wish I could have danced every dance! We also had 2 percussionists and they created a semi-live feel that really added to the atmosphere. He's a little more than your average d.j. but you get a level of class and professionalism where you really don't have to worry about the music the whole night. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Anne, 9/26/09, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband was impossible when it came to planning the music for our wedding. He loves music and really loves all kinds of music, some of it not the most appropriate for a wedding reception. Dave came recommended to me from someone who got married 6 years ago. My cousin is a wedding planner and couldn't say enough good things, so I called Expressway, and right away, the woman who answered the phone, was so pleasant and helpful. Dave always returned my calls and emails promptly, even up until the morning of the wedding. We had a live musician and Dave (for no extra cost) let him use his speakers, coordinated how long each of them would play, and made my wedding day so easy. He also managed to make the groom VERY happy - which I thought would be impossible because he really wanted some out there music choices. Dave and his team are the absolute best. Don't take chances with anyone else. Music is one of the most important things at your wedding.

Profile Picture sandra, 8/28/09, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired David Swirsky, owner of Expressway Music, to DJ our wedding. He was absolutely brilliant and made our wedding reception a HUGE success. Working with him in the time leading up to the wedding was SUCH a pleasure. My husband and I would leave his office with dopey smiles on our faces, saying "David is SO AWESOME!" We could tell he really knew his stuff and had great taste in music. Plus, he was just a fun, laid-back, super nice guy.

At the reception, David did such an amazing job reading our crowd and keeping people on their feet all night. People told us afterward that it was so refreshing to see a bride and groom dance so much at their own reception. We could tell he had really listened to us, because he indulged our musical requests. My cousin, who literally has NEVER danced -- EVER -- was sweating through his maroon shirt because he was on his feet all night.

But most importantly, we appreciated that we didn't NEED to give David too many requests because we completely trusted him to play great music .. and he really did. People are still talking about how awesome it was that he played House of Pain's "Jump Around." (I never imagined I would find myself jumping up and down in a wedding gown and heels with one arm straight up in the air.) He played so many great '80s tunes (Michael Jackson, Billy Idol). And everyone went absolutely NUTS when he played Chumbawumba. Needless to say, he did not play any of the same tired tunes you hear at every other wedding.

David truly is amazing. He is NOT cheesy, he won't shout into the microphone throughout your entire reception, he won't do conga lines or cheesy light shows. Plus, he is just really fun to have around. I highly, highly recommend him as a wedding DJ!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/18/09, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our DJ was David Swirsky from Expressway Music. He was the best ever. He wasn't cheesy, he was so cool, played every song I wanted at the appropriate time, without me having to tell him. He just really took the time to learn what me & my groom liked. And at the reception, he kept things going and really cared about the night and the people. Let me tell you I did not want to have a DJ for my wedding originally. But after this experience, I am so grateful we had him there. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!

Profile Picture monica, 4/18/09, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

DJ David Swirsky is terrific! Not only does he know exactly what to play to keep the crowd dancing, but he is also a super nice guy. We got a ton of positive feedback about the music all night long - and the dance floor was PACKED from the very first song. He has an extensive library of music and also an innate sense for the crowd's mood. David was literally the first vendor we booked for our wedding and all it took was one conversation with him to know we had found "the one."

Profile Picture Farrah, 11/9/08, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

David at Expressway Music is amazing. The music was fantastic and my guests were dancing all night. He is a pleasure to work with. His knowledge of music is extensive and he will work with his clients to get it right. David is a true professional in attire and in business. He made my husband and I feel comfortable and really listened to what we wanted for the wedding. If you choose Expressway you won't be dissapointed.

Profile Picture Carole , 9/6/08, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used David as our DJ and he did a great job! My husband and I have very different taste in music and so do our families. He was able to please everyone! We got a mix of alternative, rock, a little hip hop and even salsa and merengue. I told him I'm not one for the spotlight and don't like to dance, and he was very respectful of that and didn't force me to dance or draw extra unwanted attention to me. I can't say enough good things!

Profile Picture Mary, 6/28/08, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

David Swirsky was our DJ. We saw him at a wedding a year before ours and really enjoyed his style and approach to wedding entertainment. He checked with us on requested songs, kept the talking to a minimum (which we wanted) and has a really easy to use online song-database where you can create your own playlist for your event. He and his harpist, Christie, were prompt, professional and polite.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/22/08, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

David was so great for our wedding. We had some very specific ideas for moments at the wedding and they were played to perfection and tied seamlessly in with everything else he played. I really enjoyed working with the Expressway Music folks and would recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Rachel, 1/20/08, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave at Expressway Music was so easy to work with and one of the nicest and friendliest people we encountered during our wedding planning process. We had a blast dancing all night to his expertly mixed music, and are so happy we worked with him.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/5/07, 10 Reviews