89 Reviews for Expressway Music NYC DJ's

Do-Not-Play List (1)
Microphones (1)
Uplighting (1)
88 Expressway Music NYC DJ's Reviews

Expressway Music was one of the first vendors I booked 1 year before my wedding ; the music at our wedding I have to say was probably one of the most important factors for us ... being that my husband and I love to dance and have fun we didn't want long dinner breaks and slow music to kill the mood . All we wanted for our wedding night was for everyone to dance the night away and I have to say our wish came true. From the second we were announced to the last song no body left the dance floor ! David a variety of music from 50's,60's,70's ,80's,90's and today ; I watched how when each song was played my guests went nuts with excitement especially when hearing ones they haven't heard in years!!!
David I can't thank you enough for such an amazing night. You went above and beyond to make Justin and I happy and I can honestly say we had the best night of our lives! Our guest are still raving about the music ... you were everything I was praying for in a DJ ; cool , calm and collective :) ( and I know I probably over whelmed up with 7 sheets of music hahaha ) You played everything I asked and threw in songs that I didn't even think of that I loved ! You never took a break and had everyone on the dance floor with smiles on their face! If I asked you to play a song with out hesitation it was played ! The Music was very important to both of us as you know and you nailed it!! From the first day I spoke with you on the phone 1 year ago I knew that we would click :) We cant wait to use you in the near future :) Maybe our 1 yr anniversary party LOL. Justin and I would recommend Expressway DJ's to everyone that is looking to have the time of their lives !!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 6/14/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

When we were looking for a DJ for our wedding we were always suspicious about vendors rated 5 out of 5 stars. But we give David 5 starts because that's what he and his company deserved.

We found Expressway Music through Weddingwire and Yelp. He had decent reviews so we decided to schedule an interview with him. From our first meeting until end end of our reception, David and his team were very professional, helpful, flexible and friendly which is quite a rare combination. He asked us questions about the format of our wedding, what kind of music we like and explained us what he thinks would be the best mix of music for us. We knew that he was going to customize the playlist based on our taste but also add something from his experience which worked perfect at the end.

His office staff are very professional and made sure that the administrative side of this was handled very quickly and easily. Following the first meeting, we were never pressured to make a quick decision -- they did not act like salesman -- they looked like a group of professionals who like what they do. A few weeks before the wedding, they sent us a few online questionnaires on the event details and our music preferences which we submitted and discussed with David in the final meeting. This hole process didn't take more than a few hours of our time and at each stage David and his team were very helpful and professional.

David did a spectacular job at the wedding. We picked 10 must-play songs and let David choose the rest for us. He read the crowd so well and made sure the dancing did not stop all night. We are very happy with the choice we made and strongly recommend David and Expressway Music for everyone!

Profile Picture Baris, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David was the most amazing professional DJ for our wedding. Our guests were on the dance floor nonstop for hours with a great mix of pop and R & B and terrific segues to and from the special moments and special songs we had planned for the night.

I would recommend him for any event you wish to be first class, classy, and fun. First of all, David listens; he asks a lot of questions to discern what you want and don't want in terms of style and tone, so much more than simple lists of songs. He is really a designer of sound.

Not that we weren't a challenge. Ours was a Jewish-Italian wedding which included both a male and female vocalist during the evening, and David segued everything flawlessly. Hora to tarantella and then later on to hot dance tunes even supplying the backing track to the female singer during the cake cutting. Ours was also a black tie affair and he arrived dressed formally as well, coming way early to set up and so we had no worries about the music at all. We really enjoyed our wedding, thanks to David and his assistant and Expressway Music.

Profile Picture Mia, 5/17/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave was the DJ at my wedding last week and he (and Expressway Music) are absolutely wonderful! They are reliable, professional, responsive, helpful and extremely talented. During our first meeting Dave asked us about our vision, took detailed notes and really listed to what we wanted.

A great example of Dave’s expertise is when we had our final meeting we told him that we wanted a short first dance and asked him to cut the song short (Cant Take My Eyes Off of You by Frankie Valli & The Four Season). He suggested that we play the whole song because its such a great song with a great chorus and people would look forward to it. We told him that we trusted his opinion (but I was still a little nervous). Understanding that we were uncomfortable being the center of attention for a long period of time he had the crowd join in singing the chorus and it was a huge hit. He then invited the rest of the guest to join us on the dance floor. It was the perfect transition without taking anything away from our first dance or the song.

Multiple times during the wedding people told us how great the music was and how amazing it was that Dave was able to keep the partying going on all night (we had non-stop dancing for 4 hours). We highly recommend Dave and hope we have an opportunity to work with him again.

Profile Picture Sue, 4/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

David and his team were great to work with for our March 2014 wedding. Our wedding guests loved the music David played (as did the bride and groom!) and danced the night away! Additionally David and his team were extremely responsive and professional in all of our dealings w/ them. 100% recommend!

Profile Picture Jill, 3/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Expressway Music is a terrific company, top to bottom, for handling your event's musical needs. For our wedding in February 2014, my wife and I knew we should hire David and his company after our first interaction. He had been recommended by a friend who had hired David for his own wedding, and he (correctly) told us that we couldn't go wrong with a DJ who has David Bowie and Outkast album covers on his office walls. He was right.

David and his staff (who were always professional, courteous and helpful) set the tone perfectly right from the moment we sat down for our first chat. He understood our rather diverse musical tastes immediately. He let us think through each section of the wedding day and what kind of mood we were hoping to set. And while he encourages a limited number of requests, he is able to perfectly read the crowd to get or keep everyone dancing. He also goes the extra mile, as we had selected for our first dance a song that we could only find online, in a live performance YouTube clip. He cleaned up the track and made my wife's day as she got to dance to the perfect version of her favorite song.

I can't recommend Expressway Music and David Swirsky highly enough!

Profile Picture Daniel, 2/16/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired David from Expressway Music for our wedding, and he was great.
We had an international wedding that included music from Latin America and the Middle East. We also wanted hip hop music, as well.
I am not sure how he did it, but he combined all of these styles in such a way that basically everyone attending our wedding danced all night long. It really was incredible.

Profile Picture User3923812, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We met them at a friends wedding and they really took over the show!

David was/is a TRUE gentlemen, a classy DJ and really LISTENS to his clients. Whatever we asked them to play was played and whatever we asked them to exclude was excluded (despite the fact that some of guests cannot take no for an answer, LOL!)

Many thanks and I will be sure to recommend you guys to all upcoming friends and family events.

Thanks!

Profile Picture Michelle, 1/4/14, 5 Reviews

Would recommend him 100%
He was professional yet so very friendly, his knowledge of music is vast and he really was able to work the crowd to where the dance floor was never empty... We loved him and we were thrilled with his work, one of our best wedding memories is the music and David!

Profile Picture Nicola, 1/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

we can't say enough good things about Expressway Music and especially - DJ Alberto. From the beginnong of the process to the wedding day, he/they were so great. Charissa and Alberto made the process very easy and they were extremely responsive and accomodating. But on the wedding day, Alberto was just so awesome. Always calm, cool and collected...but more importantly, he was so patient, flexibile and really great to work with. He is CLEARLY knowledgeable about wedding flow and what works/what doesn't, but he also was so awesome about staying later as needed and ensuring we were happy. He extended his hours on the spot because people were having so much fun and never sacrificed quality. The guy is top notch - i can't say enough good things. You would be well-served to hire him.

Profile Picture Jackson, 11/30/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was the DJ at our wedding and he was fantastic. The fact that he had all of our guests packed on the dance floor during the entire wedding says it all (and this includes our parents and elderly relatives from Korea!) and shows that he is really able to read the audience. Our guests didn't want to stop dancing and got the venue to play 3 songs after our end time. We got so many compliments on the great music and fun wedding and clearly this is all due to David. He also MC'ed and has an amazing voice (listen to his podcast when you have a chance).

David was helpful in providing music suggestions and in the end, we gave him musical license to play whatever he thought was appropriate to keep the guests dancing, which worked out perfectly.

Profile Picture Eilleen, 10/26/13, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used DJ David Swirsky for our wedding yesterday. He did an AMAZING job. A lot of guests were telling me how great the dj was. People danced the most of the time, including me!
Good music+ people dancing = one happy bride :)
Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture jamie, 10/20/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Worked with Expressway for our wedding. Dan Kingman was our DJ. I highly, highly recommend them. My wife and I are very detail oriented, and had a lot of ideas about how we wanted each piece of the wedding to play out. Expressway and Dan worked with us every step of the way. We wanted to use nice oldies background music for the cocktail hour and Dan accommodated. We had a song play when I came out for the bedeken, and it came on at just the right time. We had several songs in the processional set to play for different family members and again Dan navigated that seamlessly, which really added to the vibe of the entire ceremony. During the reception he played our first song right on cue as well. Dan's real talents came out during the reception. We gave him a must-play list about 12 songs long, together with Israeli music off of a jump drive. He played everything we requested and gave him but also used that information to weave in other music he thought we would like, and we did love all of it. He was a master at reading the crowd and knowing when to keep the volume on a little lower and when to blast the sound. He kept people dancing all night and every time the music shifted, people had a smile on their face that basically said "oh wow, this is a great song to play right now." That really was the ultimate test for me - the fact that people were up on their feet through the evening and our Rabbi yelled "one more song" at the end, which of course Dan obliged even though we had already gone over the official ending time by a few minutes. Dan was also a genuinely nice, chatty guy who was ready to accommodate any changes to our plans or to toss in something new on the fly. Really recommend Expressway and Dan in particular.

Profile Picture Ruvym, 10/20/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David [and Expressway Music] were the perfect DJ for us and our wedding. David worked hands-on with us to understand not only our personal music tastes, but also the tastes of our guests. His assistant even helped me find an instrumental cover of a song that I ended up walking down the aisle to. We hired Expressway Music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and the transition of music from each space was seamless. During our reception, David really kept the energy up the whole night, and everyone had an amazing time at our wedding -- the dance floor was filled for pretty much the entire night!!

He even went out of his way to help my now-husband surprise me with a singing performance (cover) of a Death Cab for Cutie song, accompanied by my cousin's boyfriend, on the acoustic guitar. It was an amazing moment that everyone is still talking about! This is a professional operation and David will work hard to ensure everyone has an amazing time celebrating at your wedding -- whatever kind of wedding you want to have.

Profile Picture Meaghan, 10/11/13, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave was exactly what we were looking for in a DJ and all our guests had an absolute blast at our wedding thanks in large part to the awesome music that he played throughout the night. Dave was a pleasure from the moment we stepped into his office months before our wedding to discuss our vision with him, and he brought a level of professionalism and sincerity that no other DJ we met matched. He was more than willing to go the extra mile in terms of playing whatever music we wanted at our wedding, and varied it up enough so that both older and younger guests felt welcome on the dance floor. We had so many compliments at the end of the night about our DJ, and I couldn't recommend him highly enough.

Profile Picture User3552924, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David was amazing! My husband and I were so happy with the music he played and the way he read the crowd. When trying to pick music, we weren't really sure what we wanted. We just gave a few suggestions to David and from there he totally got the vibe we were going for. He was able to accomodate the needs of our venue (with a very quick set-up) and he had guests from all generations out on the dance floor the whole evening. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ.

Profile Picture User3271705, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were absolutely thrilled with the great music provided by Expressway. Everyone at our wedding raved about the music--the deejay kept all of us. dancing all our night long. He created a fun, lively atmosphere, and was so warm, flexible, and easy to work with. We couldn't have been happier!

Profile Picture Holly, 8/18/13, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Dan did an amazing job at our wedding reception. He promised us when we first met him that he only plays full songs and doesn't talk unless introducing the wedding party which was important to us. He created the perfect playlist for our wedding based on minimal suggestions from us. We gave him a list and he organized it in a way that kept everyone dancing all night long! He played everything we asked and also honored our do not play list, to the point that he pulled me aside to let me know people were requesting one of my do not play songs and did I want him to play it or not! We cannot say enough good things about him and hope all of our friends use him so we can see him again!

Profile Picture Brianne, 8/3/13, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

I found David from Expressway Music through the preferred vendor list of my venue. My husband and I initially wanted a live band but ultimately felt that a DJ would work better for the space. When I met with David, I immediately felt like he was a perfect choice for our wedding.

David is extremely enthusiastic about his work and is also very knowledgeable about music. My husband is especially picky with music, and the two hit it off immediately. We met with David two weeks before the wedding and went through what types of music we wanted to hear during the cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. He also provided us with really good suggestions for the father/daughter and mother/son dances.

I like that David doesn't just ask you to pick a bunch of songs off of a list. He actually pays attention to the crowd at the wedding and chooses music from your desired genres based on the mood of the guests. Everyone had an amazing time and no one left the dance floor until the wedding was over. He caters to all age groups seemlessly so no one feels left out of the dancing, and he also makes sure to keep the volume of music at a perfect volume so as not to overpower guests from having conversations.

Overall, I felt that David was extremely professional and so easy to work with. We had a great time at our wedding thanks to David's music choices and I would absolutely recommend him to other couples.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kristine, 6/21/13, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Expressway exceeds the standard for professionalism, quality, and value. David and his team were beyond anything we could have hoped for in a wedding DJ. Our crowd was up dancing the entire night to a variety of well-mixed, diverse music. Expressway Music is an absolute necessity for an unforgettable wedding.

Profile Picture Jenn, 5/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We specifically hired David to dj at our event, and from start to finish he was amazing. He took the time to meet with us twice, and find out what we were really looking for in a dj.
He kept the crowd dancing the whole night(which was really important to us). Our group was small and diverse and he made everyone feel extremely comfortable. The guests and other vendors had only great things to say about him. He is warm, professional, personable and phenomenal at reading a room - I promise that you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Tammy, 3/23/13, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Expressway created a night that was spectacular! David and Charissa worked with me and helped to make the music perfect. All of my guests keep raving about how great the music was!

Profile Picture susanna, 12/1/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Absolutely fantastic! David Swirsky is a total pro and you can tell he really just loves music. He was happy to humor our few requests and overall played a great selection of music. Our guests didn't stop dancing the whole night. People that never dance we're dancing. I swear. He's great and really reasonably priced for NYC.

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/20/12, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We knew that DJ Dave and Expressway DJ was the right fit after we personally met Dave at his office. We immediately liked his friendly, warm attitude and his extensive knowledge of all the types of music that we wanted. He made us feel comfortable and we liked his sense of humor. After 2 meetings with us, he was so receptive to any requests and mind you any last minute changes that we had right before the wedding.
The day of the wedding, he really nailed it!! Thoughout the evening, we had so many people come up to us to say that the music was great. Even my Korean parents friends LOVED the music! Dave was a great MC as well, and always announced everything with elegance and never cheesy.
He kept the dance floor full! My dad even danced- which was a rare site! Thank you so much Dave for making our wedding a night that we'll never forget!
I highly recommend Dave for a fun, classy and elegant night! Thank you so much!
From, Nancy and John Galiski

Profile Picture Nancy , 10/13/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our DJ was David Swirsky and he was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. He DJ'ed during our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. During our first consultation, he really listened to us and understood what kind of music experience we were looking for. We wanted a mix of American, Chinese, Russian, and video game music, and David was very enthusiastic about helping us with that. The booking process was easy, and Charissa (the office administrator), was very pleasant to work with. David and Charissa both were quick to respond via email to any questions that we had. The company website also has a wedding planning form that was very helpful. David met with us again the week before the wedding to go over all the details and make sure that we were all on the same page, which we really appreciated. He had mentioned in our first meeting that he was very detail-oriented, which resonated with me and put me at ease because I'm also very detail-oriented!

It was so great to hear some of our favorite music being played, and David did an excellent job with the rest of the music selection. The music was definitely audible but not too loud during dinner, so that we didn't have to shout to be heard, and even during dancing it seemed to be just the right volume (loud enough to be fun, but not ear-splitting). My husband and I are not dancers ourselves, but I know our dancing guests had a great time!

David's services were a little outside of our budget range, but we decided to splurge and book him. It was well worth it! I highly recommend Expressway Music to anyone looking for DJ services (they have other DJs with different price ranges), and would personally recommend David Swirsky!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/23/12, 7 Reviews