89 Reviews for Expressway Music NYC DJ's

Do-Not-Play List (1)
Microphones (1)
Uplighting (1)
88 Expressway Music NYC DJ's Reviews

We cannot thank Dave and his team enough for the amazing party they threw for our wedding! Dave took the time to meet with us before our event to get a sense of our music preferences and even made some wonderful recommendations for the ceremony. We received many many compliments from our friends and family on the music choices. The guests danced the night away and we have Dave to thank for that!

Profile Picture Alexis, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

It doesn't get any better than David (DJ Swirksy) and his staff! From the very first meeting they made you feel comfortable and a part of their family. We can't thank them enough for all their hard work and tremendous ability to ensure the celebration was unbelievably fun! We received nothing but compliments on the music and song choices and that is mainly in part because of our amazing DJ!!!!

We couldn't have asked for a better celebration and it is because of people like David and Charissa that enabled it to be executed flawlessly. From the perfect placement of the speakers, to the introductions, song choices, overall vibe of the evening it couldnt have been done with out them and their incredible personal service and we can't thank them enough for ensuring our special day was truly special and FUN!

If you are looking for the perfect DJ who has the proper staff, professionalism, and care about YOUR event then this is the right vendor!!!!!!

Profile Picture User7691989, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Call Dave ASAP! He told us he could read a crowd and he was absolutely right! Most of the guests at my daughter's wedding were up on their feet dancing and smiling. His experience, breadth of music knowledge and amiable personality made him such a quality member of the team my daughter put together for her wedding. As most weddings, we had many age groups, many cultures and personalities and he nailed it. Everyone had such fun. We had some unique additions to add to the night and Dave was gracious and accommodating with sliding these musical additions in effortlessly. From when guests arrived, throughout the ceremony and then throughout the reception, he was just the best!! Thank you!

Profile Picture Penny, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I'm so happy that we had David at our wedding. Not only did we get lots of positive comments from our guests, but we were thrilled with the music he played. He was great to work with, and did an excellent job understanding the crowd and figuring out what music people would enjoy. Everyone had a great time, and we definitely could have kept dancing long into the night!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC

I had DJ Dan emcee my wedding after seeing him for years do Karaoke Night. I figured, "he's awesome doing karaoke, let's go with what I know."

I had NO IDEA that he'd be the most adept, fluid, engaging, masterful wedding guru! (And I had no idea that he had been doing weddings so often that he even has a license to be an officiant. :) )

To start, DJ Dan is a testament to the difference between getting a FLAWLESSLY GREAT and experienced DJ who knows his craft...vs getting a good DJ. My mom had told me when I was planning my wedding that the entertainment "makes or breaks the wedding." And she was right. My entertainment made my wedding the best night of my life.

Dan met with us weeks before the wedding and asked a bunch of questions about things I had never even thought of, and even the slightest weird request was taken note of ("can we have the law and order sound effect before every toast?" Yep, he did it!)

At the end of the meeting, my fiancee said, "You know what? I was stressed about everything...until today. I just feel like Dan can take care of any curve ball." That peace of mind alone was worth its weigh in gold.

Dan called the band before the wedding and coordinated every last detail with them. He accommodated every last weird song request, and had this innate ability to know exactly what to play to keep the crowd on their feet! It was amazing, and perfect, and I couldn’t have asked for a better DJ/emcee.

Here’s the thing. Other places I talked to tried to convinced me I needed a separate DJ, a separate emcee, and a separate singer. Dan did all 3. And on top of everything? The whole booking process could not have been more seamless or pleasant. Quick to respond. Eager to please. Just wonderful beyond the telling of it.

This was such an important day, and I wanted everything to be perfect. Expressway Music made sure that it was, and for that, I am so incredibly grateful.

Profile Picture Kris, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Expressway was amazing from the beginning. David was so kind, accommodating and fun. He handled our wedding with the upmost professionalism and created a night where no one wanted to leave the dance floor. Thank you again for the amazing night of music!

Profile Picture Eric, 7/30/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were worried about the wide age range and variety of people attending our wedding. We expressed our concerns to Dave and he assured us he would have no problem at all. Thanks to Dave, our wedding from the 6:00pm ceremony through well past midnight, was seamless! From the romantic and intimate ceremony music to the way he was able to entertain every generation present. The dance floor was PACKED for our ENTIRE reception! People are still talking about how great our wedding was. Two months later! Dave and Charissa were so helpful and accommodating! At the conclusion of our reception, the one thing we wish we had gone bigger on, THE DANCE FLOOR! If you want the energy of your wedding to truly reflect the couple you are, Dave is the man! Through his expertise, Dave was one of the most influential vendors in making our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Sandra, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David and team were a pleasure to work with and did a great job at our wedding on July 1st. The music from start to finish was what we had hoped for. He knew how to play to the crowd and mix it up for all ages and tastes. Truly a great night that we'll never forget.

Thanks David!

Profile Picture Elisha, 7/1/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

After researching many different DJs, we chose Dave to DJ our wedding at the Lotte New York Palace in Manhattan, and could not have been happier that we went with him. He and his company were professional, responsive, and easy to work with. We had some last minute changes regarding the bridal party procession, and his assistant called the day before the wedding just to confirm they knew the exact scoop to ensure that everything went smoothly. We had a solid mix of old and younger guests, and at our request, Dave did a great job of mixing up the song selection. His MC'ing was also perfect, and several of my guests even commented how great he was. Definitely would recommend to others.

Profile Picture Tom, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

David at Expressway Music was fantastic to work with for our wedding. He listened to what we wanted beforehand and delivered with flying colors. The dance floor was packed for the entire wedding and he has a knack for feeling the "flow" of the wedding and know when to slow things down and when to pick them back up. We received many compliments from our guests on our choice of DJs.

Profile Picture Steven, 4/29/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Sound/PA System

We recently worked with David Swirsky from Expressway Music to DJ our wedding and could not have been more pleased! If it were up to me, I would crown David the best DJ of all time! This was the one area that I let my husband take the lead, given that he had stronger music preferences than I did. I actually spoke on the phone with David only a week before the weeding and I knew immediately that my husband's instincts were right and he was the perfect person to DJ our wedding. David was particularly fantastic given that we had quite the range of musical requests. His enthusiasm and musical knowledge was appreciated by everyone at the wedding. Not only did he give us everything we asked for, he played music we hadn't even told him we liked and it was perfect! David gave us exactly what we wanted--a party of guests who danced the night away. The music exceeded our expectations and was a huge part of having the wedding of our dreams, which we had!

Profile Picture User6583707, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
2.7

This review is solely for their harpist, we didn't use the DJ services. If it weren't for Charissa, who does all of the coordination for Expressway, we would have cut ties with them before our wedding. To back up a bit, we had calls and/or walk-throughs scheduled with our DJ, caterer, etc. before the wedding. We thought it best to make sure everyone was on the same page, so we asked Charissa if we could have a short call with the harpist, and to ask her suggestion on a song. For the call itself, after joining about 12 minutes late to a 15 minute call, the harpist was clearly driving and getting in and out of her car. There were many noises in the background, it was hard to hear her and she wasn't concentrating on our call. We'd sent an email before which she hadn't read through, and she seemed confused as to why the call was happening. She acted like the call was unnecessary and was blatantly rude. Tensions were rising, and my usually cool-headed fiance got irritated, we were paying her money and she could care less about doing her job professionally. When it got impossible to hear her, he said let's reschedule the call. Charissa promptly called us and promised to make things right, sending us links to song options, and promising the harpist would be prompt on the wedding day. At the wedding she was prompt and played fine. She had the nerve, however, to come up to me before my husband and I were about to make our entrance into the reception and say, "can you hear me now?!" I realized she meant because we'd gotten irritated on the call over her lack of professionalism. To come up to me in the middle of my wedding and do this was uncalled for. All in all, she did her job and did a good job of it. Personality-wise, I will never hire her again. Charissa I must say though had given us her personal cell phone in case anything had gone wrong over the weekend, and followed up on Monday following the wedding to make sure all went okay. She seemed to go above and beyond.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jackie, 3/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Dave was our DJ and he was AMAZING! Not only did he do everything incredibly well for us (our announcements, our must plays, etc.) but our guests LOVED him! Everyone had a great time dancing- the music was a perfect mix of oldies and newer hits (which is exactly what we wanted). Not only was Dave great, but Charissa, who helped us with a song edit we needed for our father/daughter dance and all of the organizing, was so friendly and knowledgeable! I definitely recommend!

Profile Picture User5519889, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were recently married and the wedding was a hugely successful, largely thanks to Expressway Music. We could not have made a better decision when we chose DJ Dave and his team for our event. My husband was in charge of the selection and after interviewing and firing the first few, he came home one afternoon extremely confident with his selection. When I met DJ Dave a few weeks prior to the event, I immediately agreed. DJ Dave just felt like "our DJ". He was easy going, organized and extremely helpful in assisting us with organizing the flow of our evening in away that made sense. He was interested in our musical tastes and made sure that he had a good handle on the types of music that would appeal to our crowd. His team was accessible and replied promptly to any queries we had. He also took the time to learn the pronunciation of some of the uncommon names of the speakers at our event. On wedding day, he and his team really excelled. The violinist was a perfect accompaniment to the processional and recessional and DJ Dave didn't miss a cue with our complex choreography of the officiant, our scripture reading and our vocalist and the "I do's". Of course, the highlight of the night was the party during the reception. Our extremely discerning west indian and west african guests were on the dance floor all night. We heard them comment over and over again how fantastic the music was and how impressed they were with our DJ. DJ Dave went from dance set, to speeches (calling up our speakers with perfect pronunciation like they were his own family), to background music seamlessly. In short DJ Dave and Expressway Music were simply outstanding and we couldn't have been happier. Our wedding was spectacular!

Profile Picture Afua, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired David Swirsky to DJ our wedding and from the day we met him we knew we made the right choice. He spent so much time with us asking about our music preferences and about how we wanted the night to feel and he nailed everything. Our wedding was the most fun day of our lives and a lot of that was because of David. He was very responsive, professional, and friendly from day one. On the wedding day he made things run super smoothly and he kept the dance floor packed throughout the entire reception. He even struck the perfect balance incorporating salsa into our multicultural event. We also rented the open air photo booth. That was so worth it. People had a great time with it, the pictures came out great, the props were fun, and because it was open air, it didn’t detract from the decor of the wedding. Seriously, it was the most fun day of our lives. I can’t wait for another event so that we can work with him again.

Profile Picture Mayra, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Dave was absolutely outstanding!! He read the crowd, he listed to my suggestions and he planned the night to perfection!! I loved working with him and his team, they made my wedding the most incredible day of my life and my friends cant stop talking about how amazing the night was and what a fantastic party!!!! Thank you Dave!!!

Profile Picture Andriana, 5/16/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had an amazing time at our wedding. The DJ David and his assistant did an incredible job coordinating everything from the ceremony music to the party after. David can definitely get a party started right! Charissa who I spoke to on the phone was very caring and efficient. I would highly recommend this DJ and company.

Profile Picture Jordana, 1/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave Swirsky is amazing! We received countless comments about how amazing our DJ was - not just his music choices and amazing cues, but his personality. Our venue was classic and sophisticated and he didn't try to make it into a downtown nightclub. He knew how to go with it and still make it incredibly fun for our guests. Several people asked for his info after to book him for future events. I can't wait to book Dave again for another event - he was amazing! So easy to work with, so flexible and just warm and genuine.

Profile Picture User4933899, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Not a lot of people get to say that they had the perfect wedding... but honestly, we did. Everything was just right. Things ran so smoothly, from our introductions, first dances, big moments, and even the subtle background music setting exactly the tone we envisioned for our big night. We owe it all to Expressway Music! Every request we asked for was accommodated, and things we didn't even think of (like additional lighting) was brought to the table, without being "pushed on us" like some of the other guys out there. They had an online form that was easy to fill out that would say exactly what we wanted and even had a library of songs to choose from to help score the evening, and they were able to get any song we wanted. They really understood how to get the perfect balance of music that everyone could enjoy in 2014. They knew every detail of the event that was happening and they literally didn't miss a beat. Their professionalism every step of the way was only exceeded by the way they treated us like family. A+++++++ from a very happy couple. You are in great hands with Expressway Music.

Profile Picture Benjamin, 10/19/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

DJ Dave was absolutely amazing!!!! WE had such an amazing wedding and so much of it was due to the music. We danced so much and all of our guests had a great time. DJ Dave was able to feel the crowd and know exactly what to play. I am still getting compliments about the music. He was so easy to work with and an absolute pleasure to have at our wedding.

Profile Picture dana, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had Yan play the violin at our ceremony and Michael play piano at our reception. They both did an excellent job. Everything went very smoothly from a logistical perspective, and they both adhered to the preferences we had communicated.

However, we planned the wedding from overseas, and we sometimes found that the people on the admin side were not great at acknowledging/responding to emails in a timely manner.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Erica, 10/10/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

DJ Dan was fantastic!
He spoke to my husband and I prior to the ceremony not once but twice so we could chat about the music we wanted played and how the night would flow. He was open to having music sent to him so he could incorporate special songs into the evening.
Most importanty he kept everyone dancing all night long.
I would highly recommend as he's incredibly professional and easy to work with!

Profile Picture User3628927, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Dan was excellent. He responded to emails promptly and made sure that we had the music that we wanted for our wedding. He was easygoing and flexible and had our guests on the dance floor all night dancing to our favorite tunes. I would highly recommend him for your wedding day!!

Profile Picture Claribell, 8/30/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was a delight to work with. He was always full of good cheer, and was extremely attuned to what we were looking for, even though we only had a vague sense of what we wanted (more accurately, we had a strong sense of what we didn't want). For every thought we had, he was able to come back with several different ideas and themes, almost all of which fit the mood we were going for. And on the day itself, he absolutely delivered- he was also gracious and flexible about staying an extra half hour. We had never been to a wedding where the crowd was so eager and happy to dance, and it felt even better that this was happening at OUR wedding, so we cannot thank David enough for making our special day so entertaining.

Profile Picture Kate, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was an amazing DJ! We wanted someone to provide our wedding with a fun soundtrack without all of the DJ hype and with David, we got just that. All communication with Expressway Music was so easy, professional and most importantly stress free. I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/18/14, 4 Reviews