89 Reviews for Expressway Music NYC DJ's

Do-Not-Play List (1)
Microphones (1)
Uplighting (1)
88 Expressway Music NYC DJ's Reviews

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING groups of folks who know how to throw a party. They know how to read the crowd and play music that suits the bride and groom but that also creates the mood and flow for the entire night. They also were extremely helpful with A/V needs for the ceremony and slideshow/speeches. I cannot speak highly enough of how sweet, helpful, accommodating, fun and awesome David and Charissa are. Everything was a breeze from beginning to end with them and we got so many compliments from friends and family.

Profile Picture Maggie, 6/11/11, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

we had provided a list of our favs and we were not disappointed. Dave is very nice and professional. I highly recommend.

Profile Picture jeanne, 6/4/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Had the best wedding day ever!!

Profile Picture Marlo, 3/26/11, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Working was Expressway, I got the feeling that we were the only couple they were working with. They asked us questions to get the feel of our guests and played a great mix of music that had my guests dancing the entire time.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 12/11/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were very fortunate to have David Swirsky as the DJ for our wedding. He and his team were a pleasure to deal with in preparing for the wedding. More importantly, Dave was great during the wedding. He was able to read the crowd and play music that kept everyone dancing. We had a number of people from out of town and they all told us what a fun time they had at the wedding. While I do not remember many details because the night becomes a blur, my husband and I remember that we had a great time, which is most important. Highly recommend Dave and Expressway Music.

Profile Picture Anila, 11/27/10, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

A-Maz-Ing! David Swirsky of Expressway Music was the best DJ that I have ever had the pleasure of dancing to. I have been to quite a few weddings with DJs and so many times, the DJ plays the music too loudly, the song selections can be all over the place with little or no transition, and the DJ is in love with his own voice and spends half the reception MC-ing the event. David was none of the bad things, but all of the good things about having a DJ - my husband and I could not have been happier. David is a true professional and the man knows what he is doing - the song selections during cocktail hour, dinner and dancing were all amazing! I didn't even want to leave the dance floor to go to the bathroom :) Our wedding reception would not have been the same without David and we can not recommend him enough! We will continue to ask David to DJ our events in the future and we will recommend him to all of our friends and family. Thank you!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/23/10, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I found the best DJ in New York for my wedding.

I'd always had an idea of the kind of DJ I'd want at my wedding. Someone who would play music for the crowd and not for themselves. Someone with an extensive playlist that would even cover my fiancee's taste in music . Someone who you could even invite to the wedding. Well David Swirsky was that someone.

In the months leading to the wedding I played around with the online planner, selecting the music for the first dance, highlighting songs that should not be played under any circumstances whatsoever, trying to plan every single track.

During the meeting with David a week before the wedding I realised I didn't have to plan every single song, after a few minutes of talking to me he knew the style we were aiming at - how do you mix 80s Brit-Pop with Reggaeton??? I was more than happy to let David go with what he felt was best.

Now I was relaxed about the music, but what about the actual ceremony? I didn't have a clue (first and only wedding for me) how it all worked and what music was played and when, and what happens after and how does cocktail hour go and when do we cut the cake? David was great, in fact this is where he went far beyond what we asked. He has so much experience with weddings and has seen so many he knows how everything works. His assistant Taylor prompted us on a couple of occasions and everything just fell into place. The timing of the music during the ceremony was exquisite and the music he played during cocktail hour was great. Once the main event i.e. the actual dancing, came around David was in his element. He knows his music and what songs work with the crowd he has before him. So much so that I'm still coming to terms with the song I danced to with my mother-in-law.

Profile Picture Kevin, 10/8/10, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From the first phone call to the last dance of my wedding, everything went just as I had hoped (and even better). I was truly lucky to have Sean as the DJ on wedding day. He did everything perfectly! My fiance and I have the exact opposite taste in music, but Sean was able to mix it up so well and had our guests dancing all night long! A friend of mine is getting married next summer and I will definitely be passing on your information to her!

Profile Picture Ellie, 10/8/10, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David from Expressway Music did a great job dj'ing our wedding. We really had a wide range of guests and he managed to get everybody on the dance floor - from our twenty something cousins to the groom's 85-year-old grandfather to everyone in between. He also played ethnic music like we requested and everyone really enjoyed it. Not only did he listen to what we wanted and didn't want, but he was also able to get the groom's weird requests in. The volume was great all night earning compliments from our guests (it was loud enough to dance to yet guests were still able to have conversations without shouting).

Finally I just want to add how much fun we had; I don’t think we have ever danced that much, even to all the Ukrainian songs!

Profile Picture joann, 8/28/10, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I couldn't of been happier, they made sure everyone was enjoying themselves

Profile Picture Nicole, 12/18/09, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband was impossible when it came to planning the music for our wedding. He loves music and really loves all kinds of music, some of it not the most appropriate for a wedding reception. Dave came recommended to me from someone who got married 6 years ago. My cousin is a wedding planner and couldn't say enough good things, so I called Expressway, and right away, the woman who answered the phone, was so pleasant and helpful. Dave always returned my calls and emails promptly, even up until the morning of the wedding. We had a live musician and Dave (for no extra cost) let him use his speakers, coordinated how long each of them would play, and made my wedding day so easy. He also managed to make the groom VERY happy - which I thought would be impossible because he really wanted some out there music choices. Dave and his team are the absolute best. Don't take chances with anyone else. Music is one of the most important things at your wedding.

Profile Picture sandra, 8/28/09, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired David Swirsky, owner of Expressway Music, to DJ our wedding. He was absolutely brilliant and made our wedding reception a HUGE success. Working with him in the time leading up to the wedding was SUCH a pleasure. My husband and I would leave his office with dopey smiles on our faces, saying "David is SO AWESOME!" We could tell he really knew his stuff and had great taste in music. Plus, he was just a fun, laid-back, super nice guy.

At the reception, David did such an amazing job reading our crowd and keeping people on their feet all night. People told us afterward that it was so refreshing to see a bride and groom dance so much at their own reception. We could tell he had really listened to us, because he indulged our musical requests. My cousin, who literally has NEVER danced -- EVER -- was sweating through his maroon shirt because he was on his feet all night.

But most importantly, we appreciated that we didn't NEED to give David too many requests because we completely trusted him to play great music .. and he really did. People are still talking about how awesome it was that he played House of Pain's "Jump Around." (I never imagined I would find myself jumping up and down in a wedding gown and heels with one arm straight up in the air.) He played so many great '80s tunes (Michael Jackson, Billy Idol). And everyone went absolutely NUTS when he played Chumbawumba. Needless to say, he did not play any of the same tired tunes you hear at every other wedding.

David truly is amazing. He is NOT cheesy, he won't shout into the microphone throughout your entire reception, he won't do conga lines or cheesy light shows. Plus, he is just really fun to have around. I highly, highly recommend him as a wedding DJ!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/18/09, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our DJ was David Swirsky from Expressway Music. He was the best ever. He wasn't cheesy, he was so cool, played every song I wanted at the appropriate time, without me having to tell him. He just really took the time to learn what me & my groom liked. And at the reception, he kept things going and really cared about the night and the people. Let me tell you I did not want to have a DJ for my wedding originally. But after this experience, I am so grateful we had him there. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!

Profile Picture monica, 4/18/09, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

DJ David Swirsky is terrific! Not only does he know exactly what to play to keep the crowd dancing, but he is also a super nice guy. We got a ton of positive feedback about the music all night long - and the dance floor was PACKED from the very first song. He has an extensive library of music and also an innate sense for the crowd's mood. David was literally the first vendor we booked for our wedding and all it took was one conversation with him to know we had found "the one."

Profile Picture Farrah, 11/9/08, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

David at Expressway Music is amazing. The music was fantastic and my guests were dancing all night. He is a pleasure to work with. His knowledge of music is extensive and he will work with his clients to get it right. David is a true professional in attire and in business. He made my husband and I feel comfortable and really listened to what we wanted for the wedding. If you choose Expressway you won't be dissapointed.

Profile Picture Carole , 9/6/08, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used David as our DJ and he did a great job! My husband and I have very different taste in music and so do our families. He was able to please everyone! We got a mix of alternative, rock, a little hip hop and even salsa and merengue. I told him I'm not one for the spotlight and don't like to dance, and he was very respectful of that and didn't force me to dance or draw extra unwanted attention to me. I can't say enough good things!

Profile Picture Mary, 6/28/08, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was so great for our wedding. We had some very specific ideas for moments at the wedding and they were played to perfection and tied seamlessly in with everything else he played. I really enjoyed working with the Expressway Music folks and would recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Rachel, 1/20/08, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave at Expressway Music was so easy to work with and one of the nicest and friendliest people we encountered during our wedding planning process. We had a blast dancing all night to his expertly mixed music, and are so happy we worked with him.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/5/07, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

After researching many different DJs, we chose Dave to DJ our wedding at the Lotte New York Palace in Manhattan, and could not have been happier that we went with him. He and his company were professional, responsive, and easy to work with. We had some last minute changes regarding the bridal party procession, and his assistant called the day before the wedding just to confirm they knew the exact scoop to ensure that everything went smoothly. We had a solid mix of old and younger guests, and at our request, Dave did a great job of mixing up the song selection. His MC'ing was also perfect, and several of my guests even commented how great he was. Definitely would recommend to others.

Profile Picture Tom, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was the most amazing professional DJ for our wedding. Our guests were on the dance floor nonstop for hours with a great mix of pop and R & B and terrific segues to and from the special moments and special songs we had planned for the night.

I would recommend him for any event you wish to be first class, classy, and fun. First of all, David listens; he asks a lot of questions to discern what you want and don't want in terms of style and tone, so much more than simple lists of songs. He is really a designer of sound.

Not that we weren't a challenge. Ours was a Jewish-Italian wedding which included both a male and female vocalist during the evening, and David segued everything flawlessly. Hora to tarantella and then later on to hot dance tunes even supplying the backing track to the female singer during the cake cutting. Ours was also a black tie affair and he arrived dressed formally as well, coming way early to set up and so we had no worries about the music at all. We really enjoyed our wedding, thanks to David and his assistant and Expressway Music.

Profile Picture Mia, 5/17/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Expressway Music is a terrific company, top to bottom, for handling your event's musical needs. For our wedding in February 2014, my wife and I knew we should hire David and his company after our first interaction. He had been recommended by a friend who had hired David for his own wedding, and he (correctly) told us that we couldn't go wrong with a DJ who has David Bowie and Outkast album covers on his office walls. He was right.

David and his staff (who were always professional, courteous and helpful) set the tone perfectly right from the moment we sat down for our first chat. He understood our rather diverse musical tastes immediately. He let us think through each section of the wedding day and what kind of mood we were hoping to set. And while he encourages a limited number of requests, he is able to perfectly read the crowd to get or keep everyone dancing. He also goes the extra mile, as we had selected for our first dance a song that we could only find online, in a live performance YouTube clip. He cleaned up the track and made my wife's day as she got to dance to the perfect version of her favorite song.

I can't recommend Expressway Music and David Swirsky highly enough!

Profile Picture Daniel, 2/16/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired David from Expressway Music for our wedding, and he was great.
We had an international wedding that included music from Latin America and the Middle East. We also wanted hip hop music, as well.
I am not sure how he did it, but he combined all of these styles in such a way that basically everyone attending our wedding danced all night long. It really was incredible.

Profile Picture User3923812, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I found David from Expressway Music through the preferred vendor list of my venue. My husband and I initially wanted a live band but ultimately felt that a DJ would work better for the space. When I met with David, I immediately felt like he was a perfect choice for our wedding.

David is extremely enthusiastic about his work and is also very knowledgeable about music. My husband is especially picky with music, and the two hit it off immediately. We met with David two weeks before the wedding and went through what types of music we wanted to hear during the cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. He also provided us with really good suggestions for the father/daughter and mother/son dances.

I like that David doesn't just ask you to pick a bunch of songs off of a list. He actually pays attention to the crowd at the wedding and chooses music from your desired genres based on the mood of the guests. Everyone had an amazing time and no one left the dance floor until the wedding was over. He caters to all age groups seemlessly so no one feels left out of the dancing, and he also makes sure to keep the volume of music at a perfect volume so as not to overpower guests from having conversations.

Overall, I felt that David was extremely professional and so easy to work with. We had a great time at our wedding thanks to David's music choices and I would absolutely recommend him to other couples.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kristine, 6/21/13, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We knew that DJ Dave and Expressway DJ was the right fit after we personally met Dave at his office. We immediately liked his friendly, warm attitude and his extensive knowledge of all the types of music that we wanted. He made us feel comfortable and we liked his sense of humor. After 2 meetings with us, he was so receptive to any requests and mind you any last minute changes that we had right before the wedding.
The day of the wedding, he really nailed it!! Thoughout the evening, we had so many people come up to us to say that the music was great. Even my Korean parents friends LOVED the music! Dave was a great MC as well, and always announced everything with elegance and never cheesy.
He kept the dance floor full! My dad even danced- which was a rare site! Thank you so much Dave for making our wedding a night that we'll never forget!
I highly recommend Dave for a fun, classy and elegant night! Thank you so much!
From, Nancy and John Galiski

Profile Picture Nancy , 10/13/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our DJ was David Swirsky and he was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. He DJ'ed during our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. During our first consultation, he really listened to us and understood what kind of music experience we were looking for. We wanted a mix of American, Chinese, Russian, and video game music, and David was very enthusiastic about helping us with that. The booking process was easy, and Charissa (the office administrator), was very pleasant to work with. David and Charissa both were quick to respond via email to any questions that we had. The company website also has a wedding planning form that was very helpful. David met with us again the week before the wedding to go over all the details and make sure that we were all on the same page, which we really appreciated. He had mentioned in our first meeting that he was very detail-oriented, which resonated with me and put me at ease because I'm also very detail-oriented!

It was so great to hear some of our favorite music being played, and David did an excellent job with the rest of the music selection. The music was definitely audible but not too loud during dinner, so that we didn't have to shout to be heard, and even during dancing it seemed to be just the right volume (loud enough to be fun, but not ear-splitting). My husband and I are not dancers ourselves, but I know our dancing guests had a great time!

David's services were a little outside of our budget range, but we decided to splurge and book him. It was well worth it! I highly recommend Expressway Music to anyone looking for DJ services (they have other DJs with different price ranges), and would personally recommend David Swirsky!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/23/12, 7 Reviews