93 Reviews for Expressway Music NYC DJ's

Do-Not-Play List (2)
MC (2)
Karaoke (1)
92 Expressway Music NYC DJ's Reviews

David at Expressway Music was a pleasure to work with! He met with us before the wedding and really listened to what we wanted in terms of music. At the wedding itself, everyone had so much fun- David played a great selection of songs, and literally got some of our eldest guests out there on the dance floor!! Go David!!! His Bose speakers were very impressive- our only complaint were at one point, they were so impressive that it was a bit hard to hear conversation over them- but when we went up to him and asked him to lower the music a little, he was great about doing that. David is a huge part of why our wedding was such a fantastic day- would definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/14/12, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Alberto with Expressway Music did an excellent job. After spending a little time with us, he knew exactly what type of music we were looking for during the cocktail hour and reception. His music and enthusiastic energy had the guests on the dance floor until the very end. Our guests commented on the great music provided by DJ Alberto. We will definitely be recommending the services of Expressway Music and DJ Alberto to family and friends.

Profile Picture James, 12/3/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

David Swirsky from Expressway Music DJ'd our wedding back in September, and it couldn't have been better! When we met him, we were sold. Hiring David was one of the best decisions we made. From start to finish he made the planning process fun and easy and on the day of he was AMAZING!

David was great from the very beginning - offering great suggestions on how to keep the party going. My guests were glued to the dance floor all night long (and so was I). David knew exactly what to play to put a smile on each one of my guests faces.

One of the best things about David was the minimal effort that went into song selection. He basically asked us about the type of music we liked and about the guest experience we were looking for. We got to know each other, and that was it. With little information, he played our favorite songs and provided music that everyone liked. We let him do what he does best - DJ an amazing wedding!

I can't say enough great things about him and his team!

Thanks, David! It was a blast!

Profile Picture Marissa, 9/16/11, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

David is a great wedding DJ. We had a small wedding so we were looking for somebody to play music as well as make announcements. We gave David a list of songs we wanted to hear at the wedding and asked him to use it as a sample of what we'd like to hear for the remainder of the evening. We also provided him with some mp3s of Russian music. He was great at reading the crowd - everybody was dancing all night long. David and his assistant were working with the venue staff to make sure everything goes according to the schedule. He was great to work with!

Profile Picture Anna, 9/3/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING groups of folks who know how to throw a party. They know how to read the crowd and play music that suits the bride and groom but that also creates the mood and flow for the entire night. They also were extremely helpful with A/V needs for the ceremony and slideshow/speeches. I cannot speak highly enough of how sweet, helpful, accommodating, fun and awesome David and Charissa are. Everything was a breeze from beginning to end with them and we got so many compliments from friends and family.

Profile Picture Maggie, 6/11/11, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

we had provided a list of our favs and we were not disappointed. Dave is very nice and professional. I highly recommend.

Profile Picture jeanne, 6/4/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Had the best wedding day ever!!

Profile Picture Marlo, 3/26/11, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Working was Expressway, I got the feeling that we were the only couple they were working with. They asked us questions to get the feel of our guests and played a great mix of music that had my guests dancing the entire time.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 12/11/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were very fortunate to have David Swirsky as the DJ for our wedding. He and his team were a pleasure to deal with in preparing for the wedding. More importantly, Dave was great during the wedding. He was able to read the crowd and play music that kept everyone dancing. We had a number of people from out of town and they all told us what a fun time they had at the wedding. While I do not remember many details because the night becomes a blur, my husband and I remember that we had a great time, which is most important. Highly recommend Dave and Expressway Music.

Profile Picture Anila, 11/27/10, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

A-Maz-Ing! David Swirsky of Expressway Music was the best DJ that I have ever had the pleasure of dancing to. I have been to quite a few weddings with DJs and so many times, the DJ plays the music too loudly, the song selections can be all over the place with little or no transition, and the DJ is in love with his own voice and spends half the reception MC-ing the event. David was none of the bad things, but all of the good things about having a DJ - my husband and I could not have been happier. David is a true professional and the man knows what he is doing - the song selections during cocktail hour, dinner and dancing were all amazing! I didn't even want to leave the dance floor to go to the bathroom :) Our wedding reception would not have been the same without David and we can not recommend him enough! We will continue to ask David to DJ our events in the future and we will recommend him to all of our friends and family. Thank you!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/23/10, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I found the best DJ in New York for my wedding.

I'd always had an idea of the kind of DJ I'd want at my wedding. Someone who would play music for the crowd and not for themselves. Someone with an extensive playlist that would even cover my fiancee's taste in music . Someone who you could even invite to the wedding. Well David Swirsky was that someone.

In the months leading to the wedding I played around with the online planner, selecting the music for the first dance, highlighting songs that should not be played under any circumstances whatsoever, trying to plan every single track.

During the meeting with David a week before the wedding I realised I didn't have to plan every single song, after a few minutes of talking to me he knew the style we were aiming at - how do you mix 80s Brit-Pop with Reggaeton??? I was more than happy to let David go with what he felt was best.

Now I was relaxed about the music, but what about the actual ceremony? I didn't have a clue (first and only wedding for me) how it all worked and what music was played and when, and what happens after and how does cocktail hour go and when do we cut the cake? David was great, in fact this is where he went far beyond what we asked. He has so much experience with weddings and has seen so many he knows how everything works. His assistant Taylor prompted us on a couple of occasions and everything just fell into place. The timing of the music during the ceremony was exquisite and the music he played during cocktail hour was great. Once the main event i.e. the actual dancing, came around David was in his element. He knows his music and what songs work with the crowd he has before him. So much so that I'm still coming to terms with the song I danced to with my mother-in-law.

Profile Picture Kevin, 10/8/10, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From the first phone call to the last dance of my wedding, everything went just as I had hoped (and even better). I was truly lucky to have Sean as the DJ on wedding day. He did everything perfectly! My fiance and I have the exact opposite taste in music, but Sean was able to mix it up so well and had our guests dancing all night long! A friend of mine is getting married next summer and I will definitely be passing on your information to her!

Profile Picture Ellie, 10/8/10, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David from Expressway Music did a great job dj'ing our wedding. We really had a wide range of guests and he managed to get everybody on the dance floor - from our twenty something cousins to the groom's 85-year-old grandfather to everyone in between. He also played ethnic music like we requested and everyone really enjoyed it. Not only did he listen to what we wanted and didn't want, but he was also able to get the groom's weird requests in. The volume was great all night earning compliments from our guests (it was loud enough to dance to yet guests were still able to have conversations without shouting).

Finally I just want to add how much fun we had; I don’t think we have ever danced that much, even to all the Ukrainian songs!

Profile Picture joann, 8/28/10, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I couldn't of been happier, they made sure everyone was enjoying themselves

Profile Picture Nicole, 12/18/09, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband was impossible when it came to planning the music for our wedding. He loves music and really loves all kinds of music, some of it not the most appropriate for a wedding reception. Dave came recommended to me from someone who got married 6 years ago. My cousin is a wedding planner and couldn't say enough good things, so I called Expressway, and right away, the woman who answered the phone, was so pleasant and helpful. Dave always returned my calls and emails promptly, even up until the morning of the wedding. We had a live musician and Dave (for no extra cost) let him use his speakers, coordinated how long each of them would play, and made my wedding day so easy. He also managed to make the groom VERY happy - which I thought would be impossible because he really wanted some out there music choices. Dave and his team are the absolute best. Don't take chances with anyone else. Music is one of the most important things at your wedding.

Profile Picture sandra, 8/28/09, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired David Swirsky, owner of Expressway Music, to DJ our wedding. He was absolutely brilliant and made our wedding reception a HUGE success. Working with him in the time leading up to the wedding was SUCH a pleasure. My husband and I would leave his office with dopey smiles on our faces, saying "David is SO AWESOME!" We could tell he really knew his stuff and had great taste in music. Plus, he was just a fun, laid-back, super nice guy.

At the reception, David did such an amazing job reading our crowd and keeping people on their feet all night. People told us afterward that it was so refreshing to see a bride and groom dance so much at their own reception. We could tell he had really listened to us, because he indulged our musical requests. My cousin, who literally has NEVER danced -- EVER -- was sweating through his maroon shirt because he was on his feet all night.

But most importantly, we appreciated that we didn't NEED to give David too many requests because we completely trusted him to play great music .. and he really did. People are still talking about how awesome it was that he played House of Pain's "Jump Around." (I never imagined I would find myself jumping up and down in a wedding gown and heels with one arm straight up in the air.) He played so many great '80s tunes (Michael Jackson, Billy Idol). And everyone went absolutely NUTS when he played Chumbawumba. Needless to say, he did not play any of the same tired tunes you hear at every other wedding.

David truly is amazing. He is NOT cheesy, he won't shout into the microphone throughout your entire reception, he won't do conga lines or cheesy light shows. Plus, he is just really fun to have around. I highly, highly recommend him as a wedding DJ!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/18/09, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our DJ was David Swirsky from Expressway Music. He was the best ever. He wasn't cheesy, he was so cool, played every song I wanted at the appropriate time, without me having to tell him. He just really took the time to learn what me & my groom liked. And at the reception, he kept things going and really cared about the night and the people. Let me tell you I did not want to have a DJ for my wedding originally. But after this experience, I am so grateful we had him there. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!

Profile Picture monica, 4/18/09, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

DJ David Swirsky is terrific! Not only does he know exactly what to play to keep the crowd dancing, but he is also a super nice guy. We got a ton of positive feedback about the music all night long - and the dance floor was PACKED from the very first song. He has an extensive library of music and also an innate sense for the crowd's mood. David was literally the first vendor we booked for our wedding and all it took was one conversation with him to know we had found "the one."

Profile Picture Farrah, 11/9/08, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

David at Expressway Music is amazing. The music was fantastic and my guests were dancing all night. He is a pleasure to work with. His knowledge of music is extensive and he will work with his clients to get it right. David is a true professional in attire and in business. He made my husband and I feel comfortable and really listened to what we wanted for the wedding. If you choose Expressway you won't be dissapointed.

Profile Picture Carole , 9/6/08, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used David as our DJ and he did a great job! My husband and I have very different taste in music and so do our families. He was able to please everyone! We got a mix of alternative, rock, a little hip hop and even salsa and merengue. I told him I'm not one for the spotlight and don't like to dance, and he was very respectful of that and didn't force me to dance or draw extra unwanted attention to me. I can't say enough good things!

Profile Picture Mary, 6/28/08, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was so great for our wedding. We had some very specific ideas for moments at the wedding and they were played to perfection and tied seamlessly in with everything else he played. I really enjoyed working with the Expressway Music folks and would recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Rachel, 1/20/08, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave at Expressway Music was so easy to work with and one of the nicest and friendliest people we encountered during our wedding planning process. We had a blast dancing all night to his expertly mixed music, and are so happy we worked with him.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/5/07, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

After researching many different DJs, we chose Dave to DJ our wedding at the Lotte New York Palace in Manhattan, and could not have been happier that we went with him. He and his company were professional, responsive, and easy to work with. We had some last minute changes regarding the bridal party procession, and his assistant called the day before the wedding just to confirm they knew the exact scoop to ensure that everything went smoothly. We had a solid mix of old and younger guests, and at our request, Dave did a great job of mixing up the song selection. His MC'ing was also perfect, and several of my guests even commented how great he was. Definitely would recommend to others.

Profile Picture Tom, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was the most amazing professional DJ for our wedding. Our guests were on the dance floor nonstop for hours with a great mix of pop and R & B and terrific segues to and from the special moments and special songs we had planned for the night.

I would recommend him for any event you wish to be first class, classy, and fun. First of all, David listens; he asks a lot of questions to discern what you want and don't want in terms of style and tone, so much more than simple lists of songs. He is really a designer of sound.

Not that we weren't a challenge. Ours was a Jewish-Italian wedding which included both a male and female vocalist during the evening, and David segued everything flawlessly. Hora to tarantella and then later on to hot dance tunes even supplying the backing track to the female singer during the cake cutting. Ours was also a black tie affair and he arrived dressed formally as well, coming way early to set up and so we had no worries about the music at all. We really enjoyed our wedding, thanks to David and his assistant and Expressway Music.

Profile Picture Mia, 5/17/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Expressway Music is a terrific company, top to bottom, for handling your event's musical needs. For our wedding in February 2014, my wife and I knew we should hire David and his company after our first interaction. He had been recommended by a friend who had hired David for his own wedding, and he (correctly) told us that we couldn't go wrong with a DJ who has David Bowie and Outkast album covers on his office walls. He was right.

David and his staff (who were always professional, courteous and helpful) set the tone perfectly right from the moment we sat down for our first chat. He understood our rather diverse musical tastes immediately. He let us think through each section of the wedding day and what kind of mood we were hoping to set. And while he encourages a limited number of requests, he is able to perfectly read the crowd to get or keep everyone dancing. He also goes the extra mile, as we had selected for our first dance a song that we could only find online, in a live performance YouTube clip. He cleaned up the track and made my wife's day as she got to dance to the perfect version of her favorite song.

I can't recommend Expressway Music and David Swirsky highly enough!

Profile Picture Daniel, 2/16/14, 1 Review