89 Reviews for Expressway Music NYC DJ's

Microphones (1)
Uplighting (1)
88 Expressway Music NYC DJ's Reviews

Would recommend him 100%
He was professional yet so very friendly, his knowledge of music is vast and he really was able to work the crowd to where the dance floor was never empty... We loved him and we were thrilled with his work, one of our best wedding memories is the music and David!

Profile Picture Nicola, 1/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

we can't say enough good things about Expressway Music and especially - DJ Alberto. From the beginnong of the process to the wedding day, he/they were so great. Charissa and Alberto made the process very easy and they were extremely responsive and accomodating. But on the wedding day, Alberto was just so awesome. Always calm, cool and collected...but more importantly, he was so patient, flexibile and really great to work with. He is CLEARLY knowledgeable about wedding flow and what works/what doesn't, but he also was so awesome about staying later as needed and ensuring we were happy. He extended his hours on the spot because people were having so much fun and never sacrificed quality. The guy is top notch - i can't say enough good things. You would be well-served to hire him.

Profile Picture Jackson, 11/30/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was the DJ at our wedding and he was fantastic. The fact that he had all of our guests packed on the dance floor during the entire wedding says it all (and this includes our parents and elderly relatives from Korea!) and shows that he is really able to read the audience. Our guests didn't want to stop dancing and got the venue to play 3 songs after our end time. We got so many compliments on the great music and fun wedding and clearly this is all due to David. He also MC'ed and has an amazing voice (listen to his podcast when you have a chance).

David was helpful in providing music suggestions and in the end, we gave him musical license to play whatever he thought was appropriate to keep the guests dancing, which worked out perfectly.

Profile Picture Eilleen, 10/26/13, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used DJ David Swirsky for our wedding yesterday. He did an AMAZING job. A lot of guests were telling me how great the dj was. People danced the most of the time, including me!
Good music+ people dancing = one happy bride :)
Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture jamie, 10/20/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Worked with Expressway for our wedding. Dan Kingman was our DJ. I highly, highly recommend them. My wife and I are very detail oriented, and had a lot of ideas about how we wanted each piece of the wedding to play out. Expressway and Dan worked with us every step of the way. We wanted to use nice oldies background music for the cocktail hour and Dan accommodated. We had a song play when I came out for the bedeken, and it came on at just the right time. We had several songs in the processional set to play for different family members and again Dan navigated that seamlessly, which really added to the vibe of the entire ceremony. During the reception he played our first song right on cue as well. Dan's real talents came out during the reception. We gave him a must-play list about 12 songs long, together with Israeli music off of a jump drive. He played everything we requested and gave him but also used that information to weave in other music he thought we would like, and we did love all of it. He was a master at reading the crowd and knowing when to keep the volume on a little lower and when to blast the sound. He kept people dancing all night and every time the music shifted, people had a smile on their face that basically said "oh wow, this is a great song to play right now." That really was the ultimate test for me - the fact that people were up on their feet through the evening and our Rabbi yelled "one more song" at the end, which of course Dan obliged even though we had already gone over the official ending time by a few minutes. Dan was also a genuinely nice, chatty guy who was ready to accommodate any changes to our plans or to toss in something new on the fly. Really recommend Expressway and Dan in particular.

Profile Picture Ruvym, 10/20/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave was exactly what we were looking for in a DJ and all our guests had an absolute blast at our wedding thanks in large part to the awesome music that he played throughout the night. Dave was a pleasure from the moment we stepped into his office months before our wedding to discuss our vision with him, and he brought a level of professionalism and sincerity that no other DJ we met matched. He was more than willing to go the extra mile in terms of playing whatever music we wanted at our wedding, and varied it up enough so that both older and younger guests felt welcome on the dance floor. We had so many compliments at the end of the night about our DJ, and I couldn't recommend him highly enough.

Profile Picture User3552924, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David was amazing! My husband and I were so happy with the music he played and the way he read the crowd. When trying to pick music, we weren't really sure what we wanted. We just gave a few suggestions to David and from there he totally got the vibe we were going for. He was able to accomodate the needs of our venue (with a very quick set-up) and he had guests from all generations out on the dance floor the whole evening. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ.

Profile Picture User3271705, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were absolutely thrilled with the great music provided by Expressway. Everyone at our wedding raved about the music--the deejay kept all of us. dancing all our night long. He created a fun, lively atmosphere, and was so warm, flexible, and easy to work with. We couldn't have been happier!

Profile Picture Holly, 8/18/13, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Dan did an amazing job at our wedding reception. He promised us when we first met him that he only plays full songs and doesn't talk unless introducing the wedding party which was important to us. He created the perfect playlist for our wedding based on minimal suggestions from us. We gave him a list and he organized it in a way that kept everyone dancing all night long! He played everything we asked and also honored our do not play list, to the point that he pulled me aside to let me know people were requesting one of my do not play songs and did I want him to play it or not! We cannot say enough good things about him and hope all of our friends use him so we can see him again!

Profile Picture Brianne, 8/3/13, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Expressway exceeds the standard for professionalism, quality, and value. David and his team were beyond anything we could have hoped for in a wedding DJ. Our crowd was up dancing the entire night to a variety of well-mixed, diverse music. Expressway Music is an absolute necessity for an unforgettable wedding.

Profile Picture Jenn, 5/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We specifically hired David to dj at our event, and from start to finish he was amazing. He took the time to meet with us twice, and find out what we were really looking for in a dj.
He kept the crowd dancing the whole night(which was really important to us). Our group was small and diverse and he made everyone feel extremely comfortable. The guests and other vendors had only great things to say about him. He is warm, professional, personable and phenomenal at reading a room - I promise that you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Tammy, 3/23/13, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Expressway created a night that was spectacular! David and Charissa worked with me and helped to make the music perfect. All of my guests keep raving about how great the music was!

Profile Picture susanna, 12/1/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Absolutely fantastic! David Swirsky is a total pro and you can tell he really just loves music. He was happy to humor our few requests and overall played a great selection of music. Our guests didn't stop dancing the whole night. People that never dance we're dancing. I swear. He's great and really reasonably priced for NYC.

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/20/12, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

David Swirsky and his team are the best! We are so happy with our choice. David has an extensive music knowledge and library. But perhaps the most important factor was that it was clear from our first meeting that he doesn’t just play his favorite music. He spent the time to understand our taste in music, and he also knows how to read the crowd. Our party really felt like it was just for us. He and his team were extremely easy to work with, professional, helpful and fun. He kept all of us on our feet the entire night!! We could not have asked for a better DJ!!

Profile Picture Diana, 9/7/12, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

David and his team were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. They were always responsive and reliable. He took care of every little detail, we didn't have to worry about anything with him. He was an excellent DJ who read the crowd well, played everything we requested and kept the flow of the party perfectly.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/1/12, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

The DJ we had from the company was professional, introduced himself right away, took care of everything, and played a perfect mix of music for us. He played a great blend of requested songs and music that kept everyone happy!

Profile Picture Marie, 8/18/12, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave was a super easy to work with. He followed our very specific requests for do not play (which wasn't an easy task); he was flexible during the wedding when things went off schedule. He followed up in a timely manner (emails, calls). He worked with our vendors (venue, celebrant, photographer, and caterer) super well. Most importantly he kept all guests dancing all night long! Nice guy and great DJ – definitely recommend him hands down.

Profile Picture ina , 8/17/12, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired David to DJ at our June 2012 wedding, and we couldn't have been more pleased. He had such a nice energy about him and was so easy to work with during the planning stages. I must admit that I spent the majority of the wedding reception on the dance floor, and that's a testament to how good a job David was doing with the music selection. When he tells you that he can read the crowd and sense what will make them get up, he's totally telling the truth. Everybody was dancing and it was so much fun!! I recommend David 100% for your event and would hire him again in an instant.

Profile Picture Joanne, 6/16/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave is an absolute gem. From the first day we met with him he was warm and welcoming. His highest priority is to provide you with the ambiance of the wedding of your dreams. At our wedding he balanced his music choices ranging from the 60s to recent hits, which got literally every single guest on their feet. One of my friends asked me if we put aphrodisiacs in the drinks, because every couple looked like they had fallen in love for the first time. Dave created that ambiance. Could not have asked for a better DJ. To boot, he has an infectious positivity that seeps into everybody. The entire time he works he has an enormous grin on his face. You cannot help but be happy in his presence. He absolutely gets our highest recommendation.

Profile Picture Connor, 6/2/12, 15 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Expressway Music, specifically DJ Alberto, for our wedding on June 2, 2012 at The Foundry, L.I.C. and could not have been happier! This company is very well run and professional. From start to finish they were extremely responsive and no detail was left undone. The price was fantastic for the level of service we received.

As mentioned above we went with DJ Alberto. What an amazing guy! From the moment we met him we knew he was our DJ. He was so concerned with making sure the music spoke to our style but also made sure something was played for everyone. His announcements were very professional and he kept the dance floor packed all night long! Alberto was very responsive and open to all ideas that we had. He was even very cool about our “do not play” list and even took it a step further to clear all requests with me or my husband the day of the wedding. His personality is so radiant and his professionalism is incredible. If you want your guests dancing all night and walking out the door with some swag then DJ Alberto is your man!

Profile Picture Marian, 6/2/12, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We have DJ Dave to thank for helping us throw such an amazing, unforgettable wedding reception. I would never have predicted that our family and friends would not get off the dance floor but that is exactly what happened. (And on a Sunday evening!) Dave put together such a fantastic soundtrack that guests could not resist. We have had so many people tell us that they have not had that much fun in a long time.. It was such great feedback to hear. Dave was right on cue about song selection, timing, mood, volume, etc throughout the entire night – cocktail hour was mellow, dinnertime music was appropriate, and the post-dinner dance party was perfect apparently. I can’t express how much fun we had that night – and the atmosphere that Dave set had so much to do with that. (My husband and I were even able to sit and eat dessert while the party continued on the dance floor!)
I have to say that researching DJ’s was tough for us as it’s not something you can taste, sample, or view in a look book. However, once we met Dave we hit it off immediately. He is so nice, professional, passionate about music, and trusting. He received rave reviews from our other vendors who see him in action regularly and now I know why! Thanks so much, Dave to you and your terrific staff.

Profile Picture Annie, 4/29/12, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

David at Expressway Music was a pleasure to work with! He met with us before the wedding and really listened to what we wanted in terms of music. At the wedding itself, everyone had so much fun- David played a great selection of songs, and literally got some of our eldest guests out there on the dance floor!! Go David!!! His Bose speakers were very impressive- our only complaint were at one point, they were so impressive that it was a bit hard to hear conversation over them- but when we went up to him and asked him to lower the music a little, he was great about doing that. David is a huge part of why our wedding was such a fantastic day- would definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/14/12, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Alberto with Expressway Music did an excellent job. After spending a little time with us, he knew exactly what type of music we were looking for during the cocktail hour and reception. His music and enthusiastic energy had the guests on the dance floor until the very end. Our guests commented on the great music provided by DJ Alberto. We will definitely be recommending the services of Expressway Music and DJ Alberto to family and friends.

Profile Picture James, 12/3/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

David Swirsky from Expressway Music DJ'd our wedding back in September, and it couldn't have been better! When we met him, we were sold. Hiring David was one of the best decisions we made. From start to finish he made the planning process fun and easy and on the day of he was AMAZING!

David was great from the very beginning - offering great suggestions on how to keep the party going. My guests were glued to the dance floor all night long (and so was I). David knew exactly what to play to put a smile on each one of my guests faces.

One of the best things about David was the minimal effort that went into song selection. He basically asked us about the type of music we liked and about the guest experience we were looking for. We got to know each other, and that was it. With little information, he played our favorite songs and provided music that everyone liked. We let him do what he does best - DJ an amazing wedding!

I can't say enough great things about him and his team!

Thanks, David! It was a blast!

Profile Picture Marissa, 9/16/11, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

David is a great wedding DJ. We had a small wedding so we were looking for somebody to play music as well as make announcements. We gave David a list of songs we wanted to hear at the wedding and asked him to use it as a sample of what we'd like to hear for the remainder of the evening. We also provided him with some mp3s of Russian music. He was great at reading the crowd - everybody was dancing all night long. David and his assistant were working with the venue staff to make sure everything goes according to the schedule. He was great to work with!

Profile Picture Anna, 9/3/11, 5 Reviews