Exceptional Events Reviews

Exceptional Events 3
Exceptional Events 4
Exceptional Events 5

Kali · Married on 10/11/2014

Melanie stepped in after we had a horrible experience with Tina Pope (at the Cotton Mill in McKinney). Thanks to her, we had the most amazing wedding and everything went off without a hitch! Thank you so much to Melanie and Exceptional Events for helping us make our special day perfect!!

Sent on 10/29/2014

We went back and forth on whether we needed a wedding planner or if so, for what period. We finally decided on Exceptional Events and Melanie Hill. We are very glad we did. She made things much easier every step of the way. I don't know how we would have managed to select all of the vendors needed without her help and guidance. The last week, it was wonderful to spend our time with our guests and know that Melanie was handling all of the details for us. Everything went just as we planned and was beautiful.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Lauren · Married on 03/30/2013

Melanie is AMAZING at what she does. She talked myself and my mother off the ledge a few times regarding wedding issues. She answers all questions and concerns ASAP! Melanie met us for tastings and many meetings. She took care of everything from decor to sending me a special assistant to help me the day of! She's fantastic, sweet, friendly and everything you could ever want/need in a wedding (or event) planner!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Rebecca · Married on 03/10/2013

Exceptional Events stepped up in everyway thinkable to assist us in our daughter's wedding. It was great to count on people who are so put together and so professional...they think of everything and I loved that they took the pressure off of us so we could focus on all the moments.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Jason · Married on 03/09/2013

Melanie was extremely helpful at planning and suggesting plans for our wedding. She extended all her contacts to us to help us save money where we could and spend it where we should. Thanks to her everything in the wedding went exactly as planned except for the rain, but we won't hold that against her. Whether you have a clue as to what you want or not, I would highly recommend her to anyone with a party/wedding to plan!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 01/05/2013

Melanie was absolutely wonderful! I can't imagine doing my wedding without her! We used her for coordinating the rehearsal and reception, and it was the best decision we ever made! Everyone has to use Melanie at Exceptional Events!

Sent on 01/30/2013

Kim · Married on 01/05/2013

Melanie ran the weekend for us. She kept everything running smooth so we were able to concentrate on the most important part-our daugther's wedding.

Sent on 03/05/2013

Melanie did a wonderful job and because of her my husband and I had the wedding of our dreams. I cannot thank her enough! :D <3

Sent on 04/17/2013

Joe · Married on 06/04/2012

Having Melanie coordinate our wedding and having her there the day of the event was amazing. Took so many things off our plate and made everything go smoothly. Helped make our day perfect!

Sent on 07/19/2012

Megan · Married on 03/17/2012

Melanie helped make planning my wedding stress-free!! We had so much fun working together before the wedding and she and her team were AMAZING during the wedding! Melanie is incredibly organized, professional, and has fabulous ideas! I am soooooo grateful that we used Exceptional Events... our wedding was even more magical then we could have ever imagined! Thank you!!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Nancy · Married on 03/17/2012

Melanie and staff provided a wonderful, stress free environment so my husband and I could truly enjoy our daughter's wedding with no worry. Thank you!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Robin · Married on 06/11/2011

You and Lynelle did a fantastic job! My wedding day ran with perfect precision. No stress for me! Thank you so much for making my wedding day so special.

Sent on 07/13/2011

Tami · Married on 07/04/1997

Melanie has a great talent for putting together fantastic events. I used her for my wedding and she ensured that my day went seemlessly easy for me. Even though I was nervous about the nuptials, I had no worries about the whole event and organization of every aspect because Melanie handled it all with perfect precision. She made sure that I focused on the important things like enjoying the day, greeting guests, dancing and having a memorable time, while she took care of all the set up, organizing the agenda, paying of the vendors, etc. I will always be grateful for her involvement in the most special day of my life!

Sent on 05/05/2011
  • User2731913 · 2+ years ago

Melanie worked very hard to make our daughters wedding magical. I'd recommend her services to others!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2012

We both enjoyed working with Melanie. I was a bride that had no idea about what elements went into a wedding. Melanie helped us with vendors and the 'day of' was a fairy tale. We would recommend Exceptional Events for a novice bride or seasoned pro!

Sent on 03/10/2013

s · Married on 10/15/2016

Mother of the Bride perspective here! Melanie was recommended to us by the Groom – a great beginning! Wonderful to work with. Great vendor recommendations whom she’s worked - jump started our planning process. She’s got organization down!! Gives a lot of “food for thought”! We already had our venue picked out. She arranged and participated in all vendor meetings – but left the choice to us on our preferences. We had issue with one vendor – but Melanie a great mediator to a fair resolution. Her by-the-minute timeline for rehearsal and wedding day – well – it made it happen! Realizing the wedding is for the Bride and Groom after all – she made sure their wishes and choices heard by this MOB! Way it should be!

Sent on 10/19/2016

3.8
      3.0
      2.5

Exceptional Events made my wedding so wonderful and helped take away a lot of the stress that goes into planning a wedding. Melanie is by far the sweetest and most professional woman I have met in the wedding planning industry. She is very focused, detail oriented and personable. Her recommendations on photographers, bakery’s, venue’s, caterers, etc. are superb. However, there was one issue with a makeup artist she recommended, Kelli Teague. Kelli’s makeup was super cakey, made my face oily and my hair looked crunchy. Her makeup was also super cheap. But Melanie was understanding and didn’t take things personally. I’m really glad I did a trial run, because I ended up going with Tease to Please to do my hair and makeup for my wedding day! I would recommend Exceptional Events for any and every bride getting married in the DFW area.

Sent on 02/28/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you Stacy for your kind words! We loved working with you and Blake and wish you many years of happiness together.