Exceptional Events Reviews

Exceptional Events 3
Exceptional Events 4
Exceptional Events 5

D · Married on 05/27/2017

Very helpful and took care of all the details

Sent on 06/20/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks very much! We really enjoyed working with you all!

Cathey · Married on 04/22/2017

When we met with Melanie we knew she had the right chemistry with the Bride to make the decision easy. The flexibility in her packages gave me comfort that we'd have the right level of assistance. I feel every dollar was well spent and if I was doing it again I'd let her do the total thing. She was such a great knowledge resource that I'm sure she saved us money. As always happens the unexpected happened at the wedding, but the bride never knew because Melanie and her assistant were resourceful and calm under pressure. We are very grateful to Exceptional Events and would recommend highly.

Sent on 06/09/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We had such fun working with you all are are delighted we were able to make the wedding so enjoyable for you all. Working with people like you all certainly makes our jobs easier.

Tamara · Married on 04/01/2017

Review: Exceptional Events

Melanie from Exceptional Events recently coordinated our daughter's wedding. She met with us approximately three months in advance for several hours. She helped us create a timeline that included all the special moments we wanted, using her experience to guide us in making choices appropriate for our venue and offering a variety of suggestions for those elements of the ceremony the bride and groom were undecided about. No detail was too small... we came away completely satisfied that the wedding day would come together and be the dream-come-true/best day ever the bride and groom hoped for. As the mother, I felt a tremendous load of stress fall away. Once we got within a month of the wedding, Melanie contacted each vendor and provided them with their timelines and followed up with them, so that my daughter and I could enjoy the showers, brunches, and the bachelorette trip. When we got to the week of the wedding and the weather forecasts predicted thunderstorms for our outdoor ceremony, Melanie worked with the venue to re-address "Plan B" and make sure we were covered just in case (I'm happy to report the rains held off until after midnight!) But what a relief it was to know that months of planning would not be ruined, that Melanie, her assistant, and the venue would take on the last-minute changes had it been necessary. When the day arrived and I needed to be in the bridal suite with my daughter getting ready, I was relieved to have Melanie on hand to meet and direct the vendors upon their arrival. And of course no matter how much planning goes into an event, situations arise that throw the timeline off schedule or threaten to derail some of the special moments... here is where the professional, experienced wedding coordinator truly earns her part of the wedding budget! She redirects and improvises to make all those special moments happen. According to my daughter, "It was perfect!" Thanks, Melanie.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you Tamara! It was truly an honor working with you all. And I'm so happy we were able to make the day "perfect" for Caitlin and relaxing for you. This is why I love what I do!

Angie · Married on 11/05/2016

Exceptional Events did an amazing job helping us with our wedding! We would not have been able to pull it off without their help. I highly recommend Exceptional Events for your event planning. They were extremely professional, helpful, and there for us whenever we needed them!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you for the very kind words Angie! We loved working with you all and hope married life is going great.

Blake · Married on 10/15/2016

Melanie is the best of the best in wedding planning. I call her the beez beez, the cats pajamas. I personal love this woman. She took over every time my wife and mother in law called/had questions. Best of all they didn't fight through out this process. Melanie saved my wedding and helped make it the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks Blake! I am so honored you trusted me with helping your fiance, now wife, plan your beautiful and very fun wedding. I had a great time working with you all and wish you both many years of love, fun and happiness together.

Heather · Married on 10/15/2016

Melanie and her team are top notch! They are down to earth, friendly, and genuinely care about your wedding, big or small. I would use them again for any event!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks Heather! We had so much fun working with you on your very cool wedding. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day.

Kasey · Married on 09/24/2016

My daughter's wedding wasn't in our home town so we decided to enlist the help of a "month of" planner to help all the final details come together. We wanted to be able to really enjoy the day without worrying about whether vendors were showing up and who needed to be where, and when.
    Melanie was very helpful with suggestions/recommendations from the moment we hired her. Planning meetings were fun and Melanie and Natasha made rehearsal and wedding day flow SO smoothly. We didn't have to worry about any of the details...what a relief! And, when it was time to say goodbye at the end of the evening, I felt like I was bidding farewell to friends.
    I highly recommend Exceptional Events!!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you Kasey! What a fun family you guys are. We were thrilled to play a part in making this day exceptional.
  • Rebecca Vinton

Rebecca · Married on 09/10/2016

If you are looking for a wedding coordinator, stop looking because Melanie is your women! I thought I was going to be a DIY bride, I would have everything under control and taken care of the day of the wedding. I thought to myself, I'm superwoman, how hard can this be...... I was very, very wrong! I thank my husband still to this day for Melaine because I honestly don't know how we would have done it without her! We did not budget for a coordinator but I tell you she and her team are worth every penny! She helped me with so much, she had the answers to all my questions, she really took time to make me feel calm and stress free. As a bride I was told to enjoy the day and don't stress by many people and Melaine made that happen for me. I didn't worry about a thing, she had it all under control, because of her I enjoyed every moment and was so stress free on my wedding day and I can't thank her enough for making our special day such a success!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks Rebecca! We had so much fun working with you all. And we're excited for your future together and new things coming.

Meredith and Bill · Married on 06/18/2016

Melanie Hill is the perfect wedding planner. We had the opportunity to work with her for our daughter's recent wedding in Dallas. She is friendly, outgoing and fun to work with. Our daughter and we were impressed with Melanie's organizational skills, as well as with the planning sheets, calendars, and timelines that brought us to the wedding day. Every vendor, every family member, every member of the wedding party knew the plan for the day well in advance; and they knew exactly where they fit in.

The result was a perfect day. We relaxed and enjoyed every minute of it knowing that Melanie was in the background making sure everything ran smoothly. We can't imagine how we could have achieved this result without her. We are so grateful to have found Melanie and recommend her without reservation.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you! What a wonderful family you all are. We are blessed to know you and grateful we were able to make the day extra special and relaxing for you.

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2016

Melanie was an absolute godsend in planning our wedding, especially since I was planning a Dallas wedding from Virginia. She worked so gracefully and professionally with both my mom and me. I really can't imagine having done it without her!

My favorite things about working with Melanie:
    1. Our first conversation was all about my vision for the wedding. Melanie was hugely instrumental in both helping us stay true to that vision and fleshing it out into a real, wonderful event!
    2. Working from afar, I didn't have time to meet with a ton of vendors in person, fully vet them, etc. Working with Melanie meant that she'd give us 2-3 vendor options (I'm sure she would've given us more if we wanted). I knew from her standards that they would all be excellent at their jobs, and it allowed me to streamline the process. She also was great at working with the couple of vendors that we had already chosen on our own!
    3. There are a MILLION tiny details that someone planning their first wedding would have never known to think of. Melanie flagged those for us, or was always ready with a quick and helpful answer when we brought those types of questions to her.
    4. She's just so nice and fun to work with. Every appointment was insanely productive but also truly enjoyable. It was like hanging out with a (crazy smart and experienced) friend!
    5. The day before the wedding started to get a little stressful (my husband's family's flight was cancelled, etc.) it was SO NICE to be able to say "tomorrow, Melanie's in charge." It calmed both me and my husband immensely. Wedding day was absolutely stress-free - I didn't even know that was possible. Almost everything went exactly according to Melanie's thorough and foolproof plan - and when it didn't Melanie was right there to swiftly solve the problem.

It's been almost a year since our wedding, and I wish *all the time* that we could relive that perfect day. I say with absolute certainty that Melanie is to thank for that!!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks so very much Jessica! Working with amazing people like you all makes our jobs so much more fun and lots easier. We are delighted we were able to make your day perfect and relaxing! And Happy almost 1 year Anniversary!

Shannon · Married on 05/06/2016

Every detail of my wedding went so smoothly thanks to Melanie Hill and Natasha Hume. They are amazing ladies who worked hard to make my day perfect!! Definitely use Exceptional Events if you don't want to stress on the day of your wedding.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Peggy · Married on 05/01/2016

Melanie and her staff were amazing! If you are looking for an event planner stop and book her now!!! My daughter lives in a different state and time zone from the event and Melanie was able to keep communications open and also able to help with last minute emergencies. I would recommend Melanie and exceptional events without reservation!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you Peggy! We so enjoyed working with you all.

Dustin · Married on 04/23/2016

Melanie and the crew at Exceptional Events are consummate professionals. You can rest assured that they will provide the two things that are most important on anyone's wedding day:
    1. The whole day will run smoothly and look absolutely gorgeous.
    2. They will take care of everything so the bride and groom can be stress-free, and able to focus on having fun and enjoying their special day.

Sent on 06/03/2016

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you Dustin! We appreciate your kind words and are happy we made the day a bit more fun.

Janet · Married on 12/04/2015

My Anchor sister Melanie Hill with Exceptional Events, was my wing woman for my son's Rehearsal Dinner. She was so detail oriented and thorough. She took care of the details and the Rehearsal Dinner was wonderful and enjoyed by all the guests. Most importantly, the bride and groom had fun. I can't thank her enough.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Alise · Married on 07/18/2015

Melanie was amazing through the entire planning process. We had so many unforeseeable obstacles, I just don't know how we could have maneuvered through them with out her. Best investment you could possibly make for your big day!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Steven · Married on 06/20/2015

Exceptional Events really does live up to its name. They allowed me to sleep well at night knowing that everything was being taken care of. Every groom and bride should use this company!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Juanita · Married on 06/20/2015

Exceptional Events provided great service during the event and prior to the event making sure that all of the details were taken care of. I had no idea how much effort went into planning a wedding and Exceptional Events really made my wedding go smoothly.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks very much Juanita! It was such a pleasure working with you and Steven on your beautiful wedding. Wishing you more than a lifetime of love and happiness!
    Melanie

Julie · Married on 05/02/2015

Melanie Hill did an amazing job with my daughters wedding . She was always professional and on top of things to insure all went smoothly. The wedding day went with out any issues!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Gloria · Married on 03/28/2015

The two best decisions my daughter and I made when planning her wedding were booking the venue, The Brooks at Weatherford, and hiring our wedding coordinator, Melanie Hill with Exceptional Events. From the day we hired her until the wedding day, 9 months later, Melanie was indeed “Exceptional”! We did not live near the venue and we needed help hiring all the various wedding vendors and making all of the arrangements. She was a wonderful resource for me since this was the only wedding I had ever planned. Melanie had great recommendations and assisted us every step of the way. She read through all the vendor contracts, communicated with the vendors regularly, planned an extensive timeline the day of the wedding and coordinated the wedding party during the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. Melanie also attended the cake tasting and traveled with me to Weatherford several times to finalize plans. On the day of the wedding, my whole family was able to relax and enjoy the whole experience while she coordinated all the vendors, set up for the wedding and reception, and made sure everyone involved in the wedding knew when and where the needed to be. It was so special to be able to focus on our daughter and her fiancé and enjoy the day without having to worry about any of the details. The wedding went off without a hitch due to Melanie’s organization and attention to detail. I am happy the wedding is over, but I’ll miss talking to Melanie on a regular basis. I highly recommend Melanie for any event you have planned. She is truly “Exceptional”. Thanks Melanie!

Sent on 04/05/2015

Alison · Married on 03/28/2015

Melanie can be described in one word, heavenly. She has the best wedding coordinator we could have asked for. During my 9 month engagement, I lived in another country for a month, finished my master's degree, found a new job, and moved to a new city. Needless to say, my "wedding planning" time was limited. Melanie made the whole process fun and easy. We had our wedding in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but I am from Arkansas and knew nothing of the area. She gave us recommendations on vendors and reviewed the contract. She went cake tasting with us and visited the venue with us several times. She always answered my emails in a timely fashion, and I never felt like I was bothering her. Melanie's bubbly personality combined with her organizational sense makes her the perfect planner. She thought of issues that we would have never thought about. And on the wedding day, I wasn't worried about the cake arriving or how the chapel was set up. I knew Melanie had it covered. Now that the wedding is over, I'm sad that I don't get to talk to her as much. She wasn't just my planner, but she became a friend. She was one of the best decisions we made when it came to my wedding, and I would recommend her to anyone! She brought the dream i had for my wedding to life.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Terrie · Married on 03/28/2015

I don't provide reviews unless the service is either horrible or extremely exceptional. Melanie and her crew so Exceptional events are the best in the DFW area. As mother of the groom, she helped me with appropriate wedding etiquette and fabulous ideas to make the day memorable for Ali and Nathan. She and her team are top notch!

Sent on 04/25/2015

Blake · Married on 11/29/2014

I was in attendance at a wedding Melanie worked on. It was phanoninal!! It's was so beautiful and well planned and scheduled! I highly recommend Melanie and Exceptional Events to everyone who needs a wonderful wedding planner.

Sent on 11/29/2014

Shannon · Married on 11/29/2014

Melanie is so easy to work with and can provide whatever you need to bring your vision to life! Great experience!

Sent on 12/14/2014

Shannon · Married on 11/29/2014

Melanie was our wedding planner and she was just AMAZING! She was on top of things from the very beginning, even right after our first phone call. Our wedding was in Dallas/Plano area and we live in Illinois which can make planning difficult, not to mention we had less than 8 weeks to plan..however because of Melanie, everything went so smooth and was perfect! Melanie is so pleasant and wonderful to work with! She takes your vision and makes it happen. Choosing a wedding planner is not easy especially because there are so many to choose from, but we were so pleased with our choice, Melanie!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Melanie is Exceptional!! I envisioned as the Mother of the Bride and living in Illinois and trying to plan a wedding in Dallas a very stressful year of planning. But Exceptional Events quieted my fears. From the moment i met Melanie I knew she was one that i could trust and count on to give my daughter the wedding of her dreams. Melanie has a list of wonderful vendors that she works with and she knows where to find what you need to make your daughter's dream come true.

Sent on 11/04/2014