Events in Bloom Reviews

24 | Williamsburg, VA

24 Reviews for Events in Bloom

Rachel · Married on 03/28/2015

I'm so glad were able to find Jennifer to help us with our wedding flowers! She was so great to work with...responsive, friendly, and great to being very clear about exactly what we were getting. What I appreciated most about Jennifer is how she was able to figure out exactly what I was looking for. I showed her photos, but felt like I didn't feel like I was being very articulate. She was able to take those small pieces of information and somehow interpret my vision for the flowers. What she delivered was perfect - more than perfect and a testament to her skill and experience. You can't go wrong with Jennifer. She's fantastic!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Jessica · Married on 11/01/2014

I am so excited to share my personal experience with Jennifer at Events in Bloom. As a wedding planner in the Williamsburg, Va area, I had many vendors that I had worked with for clients, but when it came to picking for my husband and I's personal wedding, I knew Jennifer would be our florist. Jennifer is a phenomenal person inside and out. Her work is impeccable and her pricing for the quality of floral work is unbeatable. Jennifer is constantly offering ways to save money.

On the day of our wedding rehearsal, I had no idea what the decor would look like because i let my mother and father in law plan the event (it was hard to do that as a planner by the way :)). When I walked in the room and saw the gorgeous decor I immediately was pulling out my phone to take tons of photos of the design work! All of our family and friends were in aww of the beautiful floral centerpieces. She really went above and beyond to make it look incredible. On the day of our wedding, I asked the venue if we could see the room before all of our guests saw the room. This is something I always do with my clients and i wanted the experience. When I walked in that room, I literally cried. It took my breath away. The centerpieces were absolutely stunning. Jennifer went above and beyond anything she described in our consultations. Our guests literally gasped when they saw the centerpieces. Being in the business, I know prices of floral and there is no way we got what we paid for, we got a ton more! But perhaps, the most incredible thing Jennifer did for us, was our draping and chandelier at our ceremony. The week of our wedding the weather drastically changed and we had to get a tent. Jennifer was always going to do a chandelier and draping for us, but with the weather she ended up going above and beyond. She wired the chandelier and surprised me with a working chandelier. It literally was more beautiful than I imagined! Jennifer literally exceeded my expectations. HIRE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Niki · Married on 09/27/2014

Jen worked with my budget, saw my vision and made it happen!!! She is absolutely amazing and made my day stunning! Every guest complemented on the arrangements and center pieces!!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Emily · Married on 04/12/2014

Jennifer with Events in Bloom was very helpful with my wedding planning. She was open to my ideas and had a lot of advice when I wasn't sure what I wanted. She was always available via email and very responsive. She worked to make sure that my flowers looked exactly as I wanted them to, and they did - just as I imagined them. She was able and willing to make adjustments to my order within two weeks of my wedding.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Angela · Married on 10/19/2013

There are so many adjectives to describe the floral decor and bouquets, etc. Breath-taking, amazing! The list continues. Events in Bloom delivered exceptional services beyond my own imagination! Our guests were mesmerized by their work.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Events in Bloom's reply:

Thank you Angela for your kind words. You and Ernie were wonderful to work with! I had great fun designing for you as you allowed me to be creative with your suggestions. I can't wait to see pictures. Best wishes to you both!

Meghan · Married on 07/20/2013

I knew instantly that I wanted Jennifer as my florist. She is so easy to talk to and work with – she knows what your vision is and has ideas immediately on exactly how to create it within your budget. I had previously visited my venue 2 years prior to see a wedding that was taking place and knew I wanted to work with the florist – when I showed Jennifer the picture she said, “I worked that wedding!” I couldn’t believe our luck!
    Living out of state we had to be creative with how we communicated and worked through the details. Jennifer was more than accommodating. She met with my Mom, had conference calls with me when I could, and sent pictures through email. Jennifer always listened to what my vision was and offered fabulous suggestions on how to create the look we wanted. I do not think you could find a vendor more flexible and enjoyable to work with.
    Guests did not stop talking about the centerpieces and bouquets – we received so many compliments on them! My flowers could not have been closer to what I envisioned. They were perfect.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Events in Bloom's reply:

Thanks so much Meghan for the love! It was a pleasure working with you and your Mom!!!! I hope I get to see some pictures when you get them. Best wishes ~ Jennifer

Nikki · Married on 05/19/2012

Beautiful Flowers, and was so wonderful to work with, Thank Events in Bloom!

Sent on 06/14/2012

SCH · Married on 10/16/2011

My Favorite Things is a great choice. I was happy with all my floral arrangements and my reception was set up beautifully. They worked with my budget to get it down to what it needed to be.

Sent on 11/03/2011

Events in Bloom's reply:

Thanks Stephanie for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you. Best wishes to the two of you!!!

Tammy · Married on 05/21/2011

Jennifer at My Favorite Things is very talented. She made our centerpieces, bouquets, corsages, and boutonnières. They were all beautiful. The centerpieces were unique and full of color. I showed her a swatch of the bridesmaid dresses and she just went with it and created bright and full bouquets. I especially loved my bouquet as it had orchids in it and pearls. After the wedding, we had her shadow box the bouquet in a pretty silver frame. It came out lovely and we have it hung on the wall in our bedroom – it is a perfect keepsake of the day! I would definitely recommend Jennifer – she knows a ton about flowers and is very easy to work with!

Sent on 07/28/2011
  • Ann

Shirley · Married on 07/03/2010

Since our wedding was a destination wedding, we were nervous, but everyone including ourselves were extrremely pleased with the flowers for the bridal party, ceremony and the reception was a WOW effect. Jennifer the owner has an excellent creative skill and you won't regret usiing their services.

Sent on 07/08/2010

Pat · Married on 06/27/2009

Jennifer was great to work with. My daughter told her only what colors and some kinds of flowers that she liked and the number of bouquets, arrangements and boutonnieres needed. We were thrilled to see the bouquets, etc. at the chapel and then the table arrangements at the reception. All spectacular.

Sent on 08/07/2009

Heather · Married on 06/06/2009

My flowers were gorgeous! Worth every penny!

Sent on 06/23/2009

Megan · Married on 06/22/2008

My flowers were beautiful! They were better then what I imaged. If you wnat beautiful arrangements this is the florist for you and you won't be disapointed!

Sent on 08/27/2008

Anna · Married on 10/27/2007

Jennifer did a fantastic job. Since I was planning from MI, we did most of our correspondence via email exchange and she had no problem with this and was always fast to respond. I made sure to be very detailed (probably enough to drive her a little batty) in my pictures and descriptions so I knew we were on the same page. I LOVED all of our arrangements from bridal party to centerpieces, everything really tied in with my wedding stationery, location and attire. I loved the touch of grapes and pods in the centerpieces to give it a bit of an organic feel. Also, we had several tall arrangements on the food tables that were not included in my budget and I didn’t pay for (evidently she had extra flowers to use), it made the tables look much more elegant and I’m very thankful things worked out that way. The room looked beautiful, it went from a big dark empty room to an inviting, intimate romantic space.

Sent on 01/29/2008

Emily · Married on 03/27/2004

Beautiful, creative flowers!

Sent on 06/29/2008

Jennifer was not a big of a fan of changes as Laura but still very easy to work with and my flowers where awesome. When I close my eyes at night I can still see my beautiful boutique.

Sent on 01/05/2014

My flowers were just what I had always wanted and envisioned - only better :) Jennifer is very flexible and I thought the price was reasonable. She is definitely willing to work within a budget, and has so many creative suggestions (for instance, she suggested lanterns and glass bowls with floating flowers as an alternative to big floral centerpieces, which are much more expensive).
    I almost cried when I saw the bouquets - they were so perfect!

Thank you Jennifer for making this integral component of my wedding everything I had ever dreamed of.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Events in Bloom's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you. Best wishes to the two of you :-)

Natalie · Married on 07/12/2008

She did a BEAUTIFUL job on the flowers. All I told her is that I wanted "happy flowers", and she did just that!!! She was absolutely wonderful, making sure we were with her on each step of the way. I highly recommend her....she goes without the fru-fra of silly things like babys breath that take away from the beauty of the REAL flowers.

Sent on 08/13/2008

Events in Bloom did the flowers for my wedding on June 3rd. I was thrilled when I found them. I had a very low budget for wedding flowers, and I thought I was going to have to buy flowers in bulk and make them myself. Then I drove by Events in Bloom and decided to go and talk to them. The florist sat down with me and looked at a bunch of pictures of what, ideally, I wanted for flowers, but thought I could never afford. But she found a way to make them work, and I ended up getting exactly what I wanted within my budget! I was so happy with my flowers - they turned out beautiful! She also recommended an amazing cakery to me, which I ended up using. I recommend using Events in Bloom - they are very talented, helpful, and flexible, and the flower arrangements are lovely!

Sent on 11/10/2012

Vanessa · Married on 04/18/2009

My Favorite Things did a fabulous job on the flowers! I was very worried because I have heard horror stories about other florists, but My Favorite Things put my worries to rest. I could not have asked for any more beautiful arrangements than what they gave me. They really listened to what I was looking for and made my vision a reality. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/15/2009

Shaina · Married on 10/25/2008

The staff at My Favorite Things were wonderful! Unfortunately we had several venue problems and they were able to quickly make a few changes during the course of the day and the weather! I met with them twice and both experiences were professional and they really listended to our vision for the day. Everyone loved all the flowers and the centerpieces were just what I wanted. Also, when I called Jennifer about picking up our columns afterward and all my venue problems, she was reassuring and said it was no problem they would handle it with the venue. My only issue was none of the bouquets or bouts were labeled and I couldn't remember who was who because there were a couple differences. Thankfully my bridesmaids figured it out and handled it for me. I would recommend My Favorite Things for any Williamsburg event.

Sent on 08/04/2009

Irene · Married on 05/31/2008

Jennifer did a wonderful job on the flowers. She was really easy to work with. I told her some ideas I had and she ran with them and everything turned out beautifully.

Sent on 06/24/2008

Jennifer · Married on 07/26/2008

4.2

All of the flowers in the arrangements, corsages, boutonnieres, and bouquets were absolutely beautiful and precisely what had been described to us in the multiple correspondences with Jennifer! Her professionalism and insight into many aspects of our wedding truly helped in making decisions regarding the selections we made for each venue.

Sent on 09/26/2008

Angela · Married on 06/12/2010

3.6
      3.0
      3.0

We had a look in mind for our flowers and when I met with Jennifer I felt like she really grasped what we wanted to do. I had a picture of the bouquet I wanted that i gave to her. It was not the bouquet I received and that was disappointing. Also we did not see a mockup of our tablescapes (we didn't ask to see one, this was our decision), but what I thought we would be getting did not turn out to be what we received. I thought my bouquet was going to me looser and less formal than it was and I thought the tablescapes would be fuller than what they were. Those are the negatives. On the positive side, the flowers were still gorgeous, the colors were beautiful, she made beautiful swags at the last minute for the backs of our chairs. Everything looked gorgeous and coordinated well. It was more a matter of having something in my head and it not being what we got. In retrospect, we could have been more specific and communicated more, but in the end it didn't really matter and I didn't focus on it. Everything was still really really pretty and the service was smooth and easy. If you are considering using this florist then know that you will get beautiful flowers, but either don't be hung up on one thing or be very specific about what you have in mind and check in to make sure that is what is being created for you.

Sent on 06/30/2010