48 Reviews for Events by Sherri

Destination (1)
Non-Religious (1)
Religious (1)
47 Events by Sherri Reviews

Sherri and her team did a fantastic job planning my daughter's wedding in Christiansburg. Without her local knowledge, we'd never have found the vendors to do all the work we had to do to make it a great occassion. In addition, she worked with each vendor to ensure that they delivered what they promised and were there on schedule.

During the final week and on the day before and of the wedding, Sherri managed every single part of the logistics so that we were able to relax and enjoy our family, friends and the beauty of the wedding. The value she brought and savings we realized by having the right vendors more than compensated for what she was paid.

Profile Picture Paul, 6/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Events by Sherrie made our wedding day perfect! I shared my ideas and vision Kaitlyn and she went beyond my expectations. Kaitlyn was so easy to work with, she cared about the little details and made sure everything went smoothly. I highly recommend Events by Sherry to everyone!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My daughter had the wedding of her dreams thanks to Sherri. We had already contacted vendors and had them scheduled. Our problem was we had no idea how to put it all together. The wedding was held in Blacksburg, VA. I live 2 hours away from there and my daughter lives 2 hours away from there. Sherri was literally the "middle man". She took all the information we had, asked several questions about what my daughter wanted, and that was it. She kept in constant communication with both me and my daughter. If something came up, she immediately contacted us.

The greatest thing about working with Sherri was her timeline. She coordinated everything and had given us a detailed timeline to follow. Everyone knew where to be and when to be there. There was no rushing around. No one was late. It was amazing. We had plenty of time for everything without any stress of worrying about what was going on. She told my daughter she didn't want her to have to think too much on her wedding day and she didn't have to. All she had to do was wake up and enjoy her day.

On the day of the wedding, everything flowed perfectly. We all had an amazing time, especially the bride. There was zero stress. I had heard horror stories of how stressful wedding days can be, but not this one. My daughter had carefully picked out the music for her day and Sherri made sure it was exactly how she wanted. I seriously do not know how she and her assistant, Trish, did it.

My daughter's wedding was absolutely perfect. My daughter, as well as all the other guests, laughed, sang, and danced all night. It was the wedding of my daughter's dreams. Sherri made it happen. She started out as the wedding planner, but I now consider her a friend.

Profile Picture Sherry, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sherri and Trish were awesome! The two really helped make our rehearsal and wedding both so seamless and easy. They told my new husband and I that their goal was for us to not even think about anything on our wedding day - and they accomplished that goal right out of the gates. They helped everything run smoothly and really made for an amazing day. I cannot thank them enough. I would recommend Sherri and her team to anyone looking for a professional, organized, and friendly planner.

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I think the best decision I made while planning my wedding was hiring Events by Sherri! What a pleasure it was to work with Sherri and Katelyn. They made wedding planning a breeze and really allowed me to enjoy the moment. Quick turnaround to responses, awesome suggestions when something needed to be switched, and lots of good advice along the way. They helped me to think of things you wouldn't think of trying to do it alone, handled and dealt with all and any issues that came up and honestly care of everything! I am so happy to have met Sherri and would highly recommend her services especially if you are planning a wedding! Don't do it alone!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Civil, Destination, Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I am an extremely anxious person who wanted a laid back wedding. Even worse - unlike some ladies, I had never thought about what kind of wedding I would want. In fact, I proposed an elopement, but my now husband requested a full wedding with a reception. I knew he would never have the time to plan such an event, so I immediately asked for a wedding planner. Sherri was top on the list of suggestions provided by our venue. From our first meeting, I felt an immediate rapport with her. She spent a lot of time getting to know us and what we liked, and even our family dynamics. Furthermore, she never balked at some of my more unorthodox suggestions for our ceremony (I really loathe the more sexist elements of weddings, and was determined to not have anything like that at ours). I think in my mind I always thought of wedding planners as a bit..supercilious? Sherri has no such trace of pretense. If you want it, she'll find a way to make it happen. At the same time, she's no pushover. With her abundance of experience, she wouldn't hesitate to tell us when something was a terrible idea, and why.

due to character limit, the rest of my review may be see at this image: http://i.imgur.com/ij9ZgQ7.jpg

Profile Picture Nikki, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Sherri Box (Events by Sherri) to be the wedding planner for our daughter's wedding was one of the best decisions that I made.

Early on, I was on the fence as to whether we needed a wedding planner. I had already signed a lot of contracts and wondered whether we really needed a planner. I am so glad that I came to my senses and hired Sherri. My biggest mistake was waiting so long to do it!

From the time I contracted with Sherri, she was always available to answer any questions that I had. She has numerous contacts with different vendors in the wedding industry and can recommend the best (which doesn't always mean the most expensive). If I had signed with Sherri earlier, I feel like she could have saved me even more money by using her expertise on choosing vendors.

Sherri's help the last few weeks before the wedding, and on the wedding weekend was priceless. She and her staff basically took control of everything. She contacted all of the vendors to confirm and coordinate their timing for set up the day of the wedding. She developed a detailed timeline for the wedding day which included all vendors and the wedding party, coordinated when guests would arrive to the venue, and kept all parts of the wedding ceremony, pictures, and reception on time. She and her staff thought of everything and left no detail forgotten. She also ran interference with any issues that arose. I never even knew about them. I had no worries the entire day--I knew she was on top of it and she truly was. I was able to thoroughly enjoy the day and my only worry was trying to talk to as many friends and family members as I possibly could.

The entire wedding weekend went off without a hitch and it was the most picture perfect wedding day that I could have ever imagined. I would recommend Events by Sherri to anyone, and when my second daughter gets engaged to be married, hiring Sherri will be one of the very first things I do!

Profile Picture Mary, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Planning a wedding is truly a very stressful event. There is the constant "Did I forget something?", "Have we followed up with that vendor?", "Have we sent out the final timelines?", etc. Working with Sherri and team allowed us to relax while they took care of the details. I never had to worry whether things would get done because Sherri kept me in the loop as we knocked things out.

Sherri also has a lot of knowledge about different vendors in the area and is able to make suggestions and answers questions as soon as they come to mind.

Not only was working with Sherri reassuring and helpful while planning, but the week of the wedding she took care of finalizing everything. This allowed for us to really soak in all the memories and just enjoy the experience! I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Lindley, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked with Sherri and Kaitlyn for our wedding and they are a rockstar team! They were experienced, well organized, professional, and have a vast resource of local vendor relationships. When a few things changed last minute that were out of our control they were able to go above and beyond to put together the event that still was in line with everything discussed in our meetings. The selection of rentals they have on top of their planning services really helps bring everything together too. We truly couldn't have had a successful event without them and I will use them again for any events in the future!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Events by Sherri, specifically Kaitlyn and her team, exceeded my expectations. We had a wonderful wedding for our daughter and her new husband, coordinated by the planners. Having had another wedding just 8 months prior to this one, I knew how essential a wedding planner was. This was a destination wedding for everyone. Since I live 250 miles from Blacksburg, VA, there would be no way I could have the knowledge or time to plan a wedding there. Planning is so much more than coordinating all the vendors. All the decor items we rented from EBS were in great shape, and with the flowers added, the tables were lovely. I give Events by Sherri my highest recommendation!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

We worked directly with Kaitlyn to plan and coordinate our wedding. We cannot say enough to express how helpful and professional she was! She was so great at managing the multiple moving parts of the day and ensuring we were paying attention to all of the aspects of the day. I honestly don't know how we would have pulled it all off without her! The staff that was assisting the day of was also very professional and helpful. We had multiple friends and family also comment to us on how great a job they did throughout the day and night. Events by Sherri also assists with decor and provides rental items at cost to prevent excess spending on decor items we would likely have only used once. I would recommend hiring Sherri and her team for anyone planning an event or wedding!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Events by Sherri and Sherri Box did a fantastic job planning and coordinating our daughter's wedding on June 3, 2017. She is friendly, warm and fun to be with, as well as full of energy, ideas, and advice. We chose many, many pieces from her vast array of décor and also rented beautiful linens from her supply. The rehearsal, ceremony, and reception were flawless and the day went off without a single hiccup. We would (and have!) recommend Events by Sherri for your wedding or any other event. Sherri Box is one amazing lady!

Profile Picture Vicki, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sherri was delightful to work with. She was always right on top of everything on the wedding day. She even managed to get the Virginia Tech Hokie Bird to come and it was a blast. Everything went so smoothly. I highly recommend her and the connections she has as an excellent source for wedding information in the Blacksburg, VA area.

Profile Picture A, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We, as well as the bride's family, used Sherri for the planning and coordination of all activities/vendors for the rehearsal dinner and wedding. She and her staff were excellent, and we could not have been more pleased. Everything looked beautiful, went off with absolutely no problems, and was exactly what we wanted.
Sherri was flexible, affordable, available, experienced with great ideas, knowledgeable about all aspects of planning/budgeting, familiar with vendors, and a great value. Sherri was essential to the success of the rehearsal and the wedding, and we could not have done it without her. She made everything so much easier! We would highly recommend Events by Sherri and her team for any event!
Bob & Julie Sterrett

Profile Picture Bob & Julie, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Events By Sherri was the best decision we made for our wedding by far. Sherri and her entire team went above and beyond throughout the wedding planning process and our entire wedding weekend. We were not worried about a single thing because Sherri took care of every single detail.

We had a Hindu-Christian blended ceremony and Sherri took the time to understand all the details and execute them to perfection. We had 2 traditional hindu ceremonies prior to the wedding that Sherri helped plan and coordinate. Both the Mehendi ceremony and Haldi ceremony went incredibly well and encompassed all the Hindu and Indian cultural aspects my family and I wanted. She listened to us and executed what we wanted exactly. My Indian family was so impressed and we have Sherri and her team to thank for that.

Events by Sherri is sooo detail oriented and professional. I only have good things to say and would HIGHLY recommend them to EVERY bride looking to get married in her region. She is patient, respectful and knows exactly what she is doing. She helped us select all of our wedding vendors and all of them were phenomenal. If you cant tell, we love Sherri and her entire team.

Profile Picture Yamini Rao, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I highly recommend Sherri's wedding planning services to anyone planning a wedding in Southwest Virginia! She's highly responsive, organized, and has well-established relationships with leading vendors in the area. I'm in graduate school and don't currently live in Roanoke, so it was essential for me to have someone on the ground helping to keep momentum going. Sherri always kept me on track and, as I can definitely be guilty of micromanaging, always assured me that everything was in order. She was able to develop a strong sense of trust in our relationship so that, by the time our wedding came around, I was confident that she could handle any hiccups that came up. For example, when our venue failed to follow through on an obligation that interfered with our cocktail hour location, Sherri quickly (and quietly - I had other things on my mind that morning!) came up with a back-up plan - and I'm certain no guest even noticed.

What I also love about Sherri is that she is very protective of the bride and groom, in almost a motherly way. For instance, she made sure caterers (who were incredible - check out Blue Ridge Catering) brought us one of everything to our sweetheart table, and ensured we had a quiet moment or two to eat before making our rounds to speak with guests. I know that her utmost concern leading up to and during the wedding was to make sure we had the best night of our lives, which meant a lot to us.

Again, highly highly recommend Sherri's services. If it's an option, consider using her for full planning services, not just day-of. It will make your engagement much more pleasant!! :)

Profile Picture User7358835, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

Sherri and her staff were absolutely awesome! Prompt, attentive, extremely helpful, and very professional! Would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User7248193, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I want to sincerely thank Sherri and Kaitlyn and Trish for all they did to make my daughter's wedding so special, beautiful, and stressfree!
Sherri was wonderful to work with throughout the process. She kept my daughter on track with all the steps and decisions as she needed to make them. She guided us through the best vendors based upon our budget and the best decision making options along the way. She navigated a tough process with one of our vendors and the results were flawless in my mind!
Her selection of inventory was awesome allowing us to use what we needed to minimize costs in other areas. The reception decorating and use of her items was wonderful and so nice to have them set it up and tear it down!
The most invaluable part in my mind was on the day of the wedding -- Sherri and her staff had complete control and command of the day in a professional and yet sweet and caring manner. The ceremony was beautiful and ran smoothly from the timelines with shuttle pickups all the way to getting the bridal party to the reception. Once at the reception, again everything was directed beautifully allowing us to just enjoy and have fun with the day we had planned!
I am so truly thankful for Sherri and the fun we had with the entire process but most importantly on the wedding day -- everyone is talking about how beautiful it was and the fun they had!!! Thank you, Sherri, and staff!! We are recommending you to all our friends and will certainly be calling you again when daughter #2 is ready!

Profile Picture User7081425, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Our wedding day would not have ran as smoothly nor as effortlessly without Sherri and her staff's help! During planning, Sherri worked with me and my mother to determine how to make my dream wedding on our budget-and we were successful! She told it like it is and I appreciated that 100%. The day of, I knew everything would pan out perfectly because of her attentiveness to detail. Thanks again!

Profile Picture MC, 8/6/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Sherri and her incredible team were outstanding! My husband and I chose her "Weekend of" package for our July wedding, and it was undoubtedly the best investment we made for our wedding. Having years of experience with weddings and events, Sherri knows the game and she plays it well. She is prepared for every possible scenario (Example: the power went out at our rehearsal. Not a problem!), she makes sure that everybody (vendors, wedding party, guests, etc.) is taken care of and knows where to be and when, and she provided so much guidance in every aspect of planning and hosting the wedding. In addition to that, she and her team are extremely professional, friendly, and all-around fantastic. Thanks to Sherri and her team, our wedding was wonderful, it went off without a hitch, and it was as stress-free as it could've possibly been. Events by Sherri was undoubtedly the best investment we made for our wedding.

Profile Picture Tara, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sherri was absolutely the best investment I made for our wedding! As with any wedding, there are lots of little moving pieces that need to work together...and I didn't have to worry about ANY of it on our wedding day! I initially hired her because I wanted to be able to sit back, relax, and have someone else tell me when I needed to show up places on our big day- and Sherri and her team far exceeded my expectations! They were all very understanding and accommodating throughout the planning process, and just made our wedding day an absolute dream come true!

Profile Picture Kimmie, 6/25/16, 4 Reviews
3.9

Sherri was SO great the day of our wedding and for our rehearsal dinner. She made sure that Matt and I had a wonderful night and made sure that everything was coordinated with our vendors. She was always very helpful for anything that Matt and I needed and ensured that the wedding went as planned.

Profile Picture Georgianna, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The day I met Sherri, I knew she was exactly who I needed to help me plan my wedding. She made it so easy to pick a location and great vendors who meshed with our style. She was very responsive to emails and questions throughout the planning period. On the wedding weekend, Sherri and her team took care of so much! I never had a moment's stress about anything on my wedding day -- Sherri took care of the few things that did arise, so I just got to enjoy a special day. I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I would absolutely recommend Sherri & her team to anyone planning an event! From recommending vendors, keeping us on track with what needed to be done and when, to running the whole day smoothly, Sherri was the best! The day of the wedding, I felt completely comfortable with the event in Sherri's hands. I knew without a doubt that if any issues were to arise, there would be no questioning but finding a solution immediately. Sherri & her team are the exact group of professionals you want on your side during one of the biggest days of your life!

Profile Picture Joanna, 4/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I live in DC. My daughter wanted to get married in Roanoke...240 miles away...on a Sunday...two days after Christmas...in an art museum. A daunting challenge until I found Events by Sherri and Sherri Box. She knows everyone, manages vendors wonderfully, and knows how to move a process forward and get things done. I suspect I was a bit of a challenge for Sherri as I once did events for a Fortune 500 company and was not without my own opinions. When I was right, Sherri said so. And when I was wrong, Sherri gently steered me back onto the right course. Thanks to Sherri, my daughter's wedding, with all of its challenges, was perfect. I recommend her to you highly whether you are local to SW Virginia, or further away like me.

Profile Picture User6300537, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Transportation, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil