Events by Peter's Wholesale Florist Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

1 User photo

Events by Peter's Wholesale Florist 1

JADE · Married on 10/15/2011

After a proposal so many things start racing in your head. Flowers for the wedding was one of them...I checked out so many places.. I chose Peters florist because Teddy showed such an interest with me. He matched the colors and made it so affordable for us. He was very personable understood exactly what we wanted....Thank you so much Teddy and staff for taking the time to know me and my needs and making our special day filled with beauty and vibrance..I highly recommend Peters wholesale Florist , if 5you truly want your day to be that much more special. thanks Peter.

Sent on 01/04/2012

Leigh · Married on 10/02/2011

Our daughter had her wedding ceremony and reception at the Fox Hill Inn in Brookfield, CT this past Oct 2nd. We shopped around for flowers and decided on Peter's Wholesale Florist. They gave us a great price and Teddy was very easy to work with. They delivered the most beautiful center-pieces we've ever seen. The bouquets were everything my daughter asked for and more. People are calling me to rave about the gorgeous centerpieces. We can't say enough about them. They were much more than we expected. Teddy did a fantastic job and we will recommend him whenever possible. Thank you Teddy for helping to make our day absolutely perfect !

Sent on 11/01/2011

Lianna · Married on 08/20/2011

We were extremely happy with the flowers on our wedding day. Teddy worked with us to make sure our price range and expectations were met. Everything was fresh and as expected! The price was right as well! We would recommend Peter’s Wholesale Florist to anyone.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Adi · Married on 04/03/2011

Teddy is awesome. Flowers were very low on my priority list. All I wanted was something pretty, interesting, a little creative, that matched my wedding colors, and was not thousands of dollars. Teddy listened, gave me the best quote of anyone around, and let me leave it up to him. All I did was show him a few examples of what I liked, and he did the rest, which I really appreciated. The place looked lovely, I didn't break the wedding budget, and I'd recommend him to any bride who just wants someone to do a good job for a reasonable price.

Sent on 05/01/2011

Hagen · Married on 12/18/2010

What a great decision to give this assignement to Peter's Wholesale Florist with the amazing supervision by Teddy. To have a wedding this close to Christmas seemed a little risky when we innitially started planning this big day and we were scared to be with a stressed and pre-occupied florist that whould have trouble focusing on this event the way we wanted it to be. Well, Teddy and his team exceeded our expectations. There was no reason to worry at all. They basically read the wishes of our lips and understood perfectly to put the gold leave around our special day. The flowers, the lighting, the candles, simply everything was more than perfect and it made this day the absolute perfect day and all they have done for us will never been forgotten. Thank you very much.

Sent on 12/22/2011

jason · Married on 10/10/2010

From the first time we met with Teddy at Peter's Wholesale Florist, we knew he would be our wedding florist. On our first meeting, he showed us a slideshow of all of his work and it was breathtaking! The best part was that he gave a quote right away! It took a little longer, but was well worth it! Teddy is the owner and he is the one who works with you all the way through to the wedding day. He is very down to earth and flexible. He also will work within your budget and doesn't try to push you into getting more expensive flowers. He also totally got our "vision" for our wedding flowers. He arrived himself on our wedding day with the flowers and made sure everything was just right. Our flowers were gorgeous!! The colors and freshness were amazing! Our guests commented on how great they looked! We were so pleased! Make Peter's Wholesale Florist your first and last stop! No need to shop around..Teddy is your man! Kristis & Jason Cartozian 10-10-10

Sent on 11/27/2010

Emily · Married on 06/25/2010

My wedding flowers were beautiful! Not only did they do our wedding flowers but they understood I didn't want flowers at the reception so they set up beautiful candle arrangements. And finally the price can't be beat. They worked with my $1,000 budget and made it look like $2,000

Sent on 07/14/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2007

Teddy was just wonderful! He stayed in touch with me from the time I booked him until the day of the wedding. the flowers were amazing and he is fantastic to work with! Cant beat his prices.

Sent on 06/05/2008

Jennifer · Married on 12/01/2011

Teddy and his team at Peters Wholesale Florist are absloutely amazing!! I have done many many events with them ranging from small affairs up to 600 people thoughout the year, and in each event they have exceeded my expectations in all areas!
    They are a fabulous company from start to finish and I would highly recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 12/23/2011

M · Married on 05/30/2015

Wedding flowers were fabulous and service on the day of the wedding could not have been better! The day was hot and sunny and the wedding was outdoors. Teddy and his staff held off setting up outdoor flowers until the last minute to keep them fresh and beautiful for the event. They also delivered bouquets early for the bride and bridesmaids for photos and gave instructions to keep them fresh for the ceremony. The flowers and the service exceeded our expectations! And the flowers were just beautiful. Bride knew what colors and what sort of flowers but had no clear opinion on how arrangements should look but Teddy and staff did an amazing job creating beautiful centerpieces and more!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Sean · Married on 10/01/2011

We used Teddy and his team for our recent wedding - for centerpieces, bouquets, and additional arrangements. Teddy worked within our budget and had great ideas. Our flowers were beautiful - the bouquets looked great and our centerpieces/arrangements worked perfectly with our linens/scheme. The outdoor arrangments for our ceremony were elegant and alltogether, the flowers just looked beautiful!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Roseann · Married on 10/24/2010

Teddy was great, as well as his staff members whom I know also helped a lot behind the scenes. I ended up changing my mind about the flowers about a million times and he had the patience to be okay with that. He was interested in giving me exactly what I wanted. He listened to my ideas and showed me a lot of his previous work as well, so that I could get more ideas. The Flowers looked beautiful the day of the wedding and really made me happy! Thanks again Teddy!!

Sent on 11/05/2010

Peter's Wholesale Florist did a great job-the flowers arrived on time, were beyond beautiful and lasted days after the wedding...Teddy was very accommodating and he exceeded our expectations. We highly recommend Teddy and Peter's.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Peter's Wholesale Florist did a wonderful job with my wedding flowers & decor.
    The arrangements were absolutely stunning & I received many compliments from my guests.
    Although, we had a minor hiccup on the day of, Teddy quickly responded and all was at ease.
    I enjoyed working with Teddy and his staff & hope to work with him again for future events.

Thanks Teddy!

Kristin · Married on 01/30/2010

Loved working with Teddy. There were some communication issues when we'd have a conversation with someone else at the store, and not Teddy, then have to repeat the info back to Teddy. But the quality of the flowers, the bouquets, and the value were just awesome. The flowers arrived on time and everything was exactly as we had discussed so I would definitely recommend using Peters Wholesale Florist for any occasion that needs flowers!

Sent on 02/16/2010

samantha · Married on 07/26/2008

Teddy (the owner of Peter's Wholesale Florist) is a really nice guy who has been in business for 25 plus years. If you are looking for a fancy show room with display's this isn't the guy to book. He has a big warehouse that he works out of with his office but it's nothing fancy. It's not like it's not nice, but it's not like you are walking into Arcaida Floral in Mamaroneck is my point. His store might not be showy but his work, however, is great and our flowers were beautiful.

We had gone to another florist at first who acted like our $3,000 flower budget was pennies to her and then went to Teddy. He was totally willing to work with us and showed us lots of pictures to give us ideas of centerpices, bouquets etc. He even offered a discount if you pay in full within 30 days of booking him which saved us about $350.
    He is a really nice, down to earth guy and we spoke so highly of him after meeting him, my mother used him for my bridal shower too!

Our wedding flowers came out gorgeous and everyone that took the centerpieces home said they lasted for almost a week after the wedding. I'd definitely recommend Teddy to anyone looking for a great florist!

Sent on 08/12/2008
  • AdriM

Adriana · Married on 07/26/2008

The flowers were gorgeous...

Sent on 10/01/2008

Sarah · Married on 08/23/2014

I enjoyed my experience looking and listening to Teddy's advice on flowers for my wedding. He is very knowledgeable and will work with your concept. I loved the church flowers, they were way more than I expected, my bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets were delightful.
    The men's boutonniere's were sweet and small, my only surprise was the groom's flower as it was huge. I was disappointed the rose was not closed and more defined but as the groom is a tall man he carried it well and we all had a good laugh about it.
    He works with your budget and offers good deals. You will be very happy going with Teddys

Christine · Married on 10/06/2012

3.5

Teddy at Peter's Wholesale did an amazing job for my wedding. He was able to bring my vision to life and did exactly what I wanted for my bridal party flowers, my bouquet, our ceremony and reception. Teddy is personable and professional and I highly recommend his services for your wedding day or any other occasion where flowers are needed.

Sent on 01/07/2013

4.2
      3.0

When we changed the number of items a few weeks before our wedding Teddy was not going to issue us a refund. That was frustrating. Other than that, no problems, but definitely a no frills florist.

Sent on 08/29/2013

3.0

Teddy will do almost anything you want, but he can be a little irresponsible with money and can overcharge is you change your order to downsize.

Sent on 10/30/2013
  • User2052382 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Teddy was easy to work with and I appreciated his relaxed vibe. The flowers were beautiful!

Sent on 10/23/2012

3.6
      3.0

I would recommend Peter's because of the incredible value! Getting in touch with the shop is difficult. After several times failed trying to contact the business, I began to get worried. The flowers turned out very pretty and were delivered on time-- I wish there was better communication leading up to the day.

Sent on 10/06/2014

3.4
      1.5

I was not very impressed by the flower arrangements we received. The vendor does not allow you to fully envision your arrangements- all you get are very poorly put together approximations and his assurances that you will be delighted with the final results ("look at our reviews online!"). We weren't. The table arrangements looked sparse and underwhelming. On the other hand, the bouquet and smaller decorative flowers were fine and a good price- I'd be more inclined to refer a friend here for these.

Sent on 11/11/2012

Events by Peter's Wholesale Florist's reply:

To this anonymous bride, please call us so we can clearly understand what displeased you. We strive to have every bride as happy as possible!
    We always are looking to improve so your direct feedback with us would be helpful.
    We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Peter's Wholesale Florist
    203.325.2608

M · Married on 06/16/2018

3.0

If I had to rate my experience based on the time before the wedding and solely on my bouquet: I would give 5 stars. Leading up to the wedding Teddy was very nice and helpful, my bouquet was gorgeous. I would also like to mention that I am not one to post negative reviews, I like to give people a chance and deal with them directly; I have emailed Teddy twice and called him once with no response. Which is why I am writing this review in order to share my experience.

When I got to my reception and saw my centerpieces and table arrangements I was taken aback. They were smaller in size than the sample we had agreed on (and taken pictures of) which I paid extra for. I also had two arrangements per table (as I wanted) but the vases were two different styles/sizes. The arrangements were also all missing greens. All of which was indicated in my contract. At the end of the day, I was disappointed in the centerpieces as I felt it wasn’t what I paid for based on what was discussed and documented.

Sent on 07/17/2018