Events By Nouveau Reviews

Events By Nouveau 1
Events By Nouveau 2
Events By Nouveau 3
  • User6092087 · 2+ years ago

Carley and her team made my daughters wedding magical. She far exceeded herself. From the girls flowers, to the endless candles and beautiful arch at the alter. Could not have asked asked for more.

Sent on 01/09/2017

Laurel · Married on 04/08/2011

3.5

Nouveau was an easy choice to do my wedding flowers and decor - all of their work is beautiful, whether it's on the vintage side or more modern. My only criticism of Nouveau is that sometimes it took a long time to receive responses to my questions. That said, the end result was magnificent and more than I hoped for. They went above and beyond with the decor - the flowers were the prettiest arrangements I have ever seen, and the tablescapes were gorgeous. Nouveau also set up a lounge area for us (at Bentley's on the Bay), and it was a huge hit. I loved everything they did for us!

Sent on 05/03/2011

Janna · Married on 05/22/2010

4.2
      2.5

Christina and her team created an absolutely gorgeous setting for my daughters fairytale wedding. The flowers and decorations were stunning. My only problem was a lack of communication toward the end which created a little stress. But overall we had a very positive experience.

Sent on 06/20/2010

Stacey · Married on 09/28/2013

3.8
      2.5

I was really excited to work with Nouveau for our wedding last year. After doing a lot of research on vendors in the area, I consistently found myself loving Christina's designs and I had very high expectations for our wedding being just as beautiful. However, I was a little disappointed with our florals. Specifically, I did not like the color of the flowers in the bouquets at all (we had talked about peach to light coral and many of the flowers were yellow and orange, which are 2 of my least favorite colors!). I liked the shape and actual flowers used in the bouquets, but to me the colors of the different flowers clashed and did not look nice at all. On the other hand, our boutonnieres were exactly the color we were looking for! Nouveau also designed our arbor for the beach, which was lovely but I think the heat made some of the flowers look a little droopy. For the reception, I loved the centerpieces for our outdoor cocktail tables (again these were more what we were looking for color-wise and they were much "fuller" than what we ended up with inside). The dining table centerpieces were ok. I liked her design as far as the layout of the centerpieces, but again the colors of the flowers seemed to clash, and there were only about 10 to maybe 20 stems (i.e. one rose) on each table, so it felt a little bare and definitely over-priced for the amount of flowers!

For future brides, I would suggest being very specific about what you want (and don't want!). Overall, I have seen other weddings that Nouveau has done, and they look gorgeous. My wedding was just not one of them. If I could do it all again, I would probably still work with Nouveau, I would just be much more specific about what I wanted everything to look like.

Sent on 01/24/2014

3.6
      1.0
      2.0

The flowers and decor were absolutely gorgeous, and we got so many compliments, even from other wedding planning friends who attended the wedding.

Sent on 05/15/2016

Linda · Married on 04/24/2010

3.6
      3.0

I was duped in the initial consultation regarding pricing and thought Nouveau Flowers would be a reasonable choice. However, I soon found out there were other hidden fees that were not explained to me before I signed the contract. I did not think to ask about these hidden fees because I had price compared with other local florists before hand and they did not have these additional costs. Nouveau did work with my budget after this issue, but I had to cut out many items from the order due to their prices. Our two large floral arrangements that were order turned out beautifully. I was really disappointed with the boutonniere. I provided a photo of 'their' fishing fly boutonniere that I saw in a magazine and said that is what I wanted to order. Feeling confident that it was their product, I believed my husband's boutonniere would look much like it (just different color fly, yet same flower)...but unfortunately, it did not look nearly as nice as what I had ordered. Our guest could not even tell what the boutonniere was supposed to be and it was very small and limp. In the end...the value for cost was overpriced.

Sent on 06/08/2010

Lindsey · Married on 05/09/2010

2.6
      3.0

My family, groom, and I were disappointed with Nouveau Flower's services. After flying down to Florida and going through every detail, Nouveau still showed up hours before my wedding having added purple flowers to all of my pink bouquets. In addition after emailing a final list to Nouveau weeks before the ceremony, they still showed up with the wrong number and types of corsages. In addition, they completely forgot the flower arrangement for my honeymoon suite!

A few days later we were looking at the vases that were used as centerpieces. Four out of eleven were the size they were supposed to be. The other seven vases were various smaller sizes despite the fact that we were charged equal amounts for each. My own bouquet was approximately the size of a volleyball (not large) and I believe we were charged three hundred dollars. As my make-up was being done in our air-conditioned cottage, a few of the flowers were already browning on the edges of the petals.

Unfortunately, we would not recommend this florist to any future wedding parties.

Sent on 05/21/2010

Events By Nouveau's reply:

I'm very sorry you were unhappy with our service, you had requested hues of pinks which is in all your descriptions and the peony your referring to in the bouquet and the corsages is a hue of pink and not purple (there are no purple peonies). The honeymoon bouquet was stolen at Rosemary and was there, in fact it was quite beautiful and you were credited for it. When delivering the flowers you told me your bouquet was beautiful, I'm sorry you changed your mind. The centerpeices had the same amount of flowers in each one and you could not tell that some of cubes were smaller till you took them back to room as you said. I made extra bouts and changed the corsages for you, and tried to make you happy, I'm also disapointed you weren't happy, I worked very hard please you. I stayed and watched your procession down the street and you were a very beautiful bride, I wish you well in married life.

Sincerely and Concerned,

Marja
    Events by Nouveau

1.8
      0.5
      2.0

Very long story short, it took 6 months to get a proposal because my wedding “slipped through the cracks". When I did receive it, it was nothing like we had discussed on the phone so I sent pictures of what I wanted. A few months go by and everything is fine, although their communication is still poor. 3 weeks before wedding, I notice they are over-charging us by $300. I sent multiple emails with no response. It is now 2 weeks before the wedding. I had to call office to actually get a response and the person who answered was rude. Things get changed. I was still weary that things were not going to be what I wanted on the wedding day, but read a review that their communication is horrible but their delivery makes up for it. Not at our wedding. There were multiple things not how I requested but the thing that made me the most mad was that I explicitly said no yellow flowers. At all. I did not want any at the wedding. Well not only were the in every centerpiece and the bridesmaids bouquets, they were also in my bouquet. I am fully confident there are other vendors in the area who will actually respond to your emails in a timely fashion and that will also deliver what you want. They are not worth the headache or stress. Their communication is very poor and you are lucky if you get a response within 2 weeks. I would not recommend Nouveau.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Events By Nouveau's reply:

Ouch, this review hurts our hearts as we do our best to customize, listen, respond and please all of our clients. Although we strive for perfection... we arent perfect. We sincerely apologize for your disappointment namely in our response time in regards to our contract with you. The designer you initially spoke with employment was terminated due to unsatisfactory performance which initially delayed your proposal. Although we regret you were affected in any way, we feel we followed up with a cohesive phone/email correspondence and completed an initial proposal and were prepared and happy to make any necessary design or budgeting adjustments. Sometimes emails with requested adjustments can be plentiful, frequent and/or come during our busiest seasons so a slight delay in revisions may be expected at times. We are truly sorry you do not feel we communicated enough for your comfort level.
    In regards to "yellow" flowers... absolutely no yellow flowers were ordered for your event, nor were they received. This afternoon, I had just viewed pictures of your gorgeous wedding. The Nouveau Team went above and beyond to create a beautiful wedding for you and we are so upset to hear of your dissatisfaction. Sometimes "white" Flowers can have a cream or yellowish hue especially roses and hydrangeas. We ordered white hydrangeas from our supplier and the ones utilized in your event are considered "white"...we can't change the natural dye lot of flowers. Your negative review comes as a shock to us as we have received many compliments on the beautiful florals at your event.

Kelly · Married on 09/12/2009

1.8
      1.5

We did not ask for much in way of flowers and we really did not get much....I had asked for certain center pieces and was told in the first meeting that yes, we can have those. During the first meeting I gave specific requests and ideas of what I wanted, Christina never really seemed like she was paying attention....and no, come to find out she wasn't. After we got our first bill, she had listed things on there that I did not want. I would send several emails and days later would get a response saying ok, we will change or fix it for you. At this point we were taking things off...not adding. Also, I had asked for specific center pieces and I thankfully asked about them later and was told that it was my responsibility to provide them to her. At the first meeting she told me she had them and we could use them. We did not want the tall vases on the tables....we got tall vases. At the second meeting, I had to "retell" what I wanted, because she did not update my file. And again....I took things off, not add.
    Overall the experience was not something I would recommend to another bride. I wish I could have had another choice for my florist. She was expensive, unprofessional and her and her team do not respond well.

Sent on 03/05/2010

Dear KG,
    I am truly sorry that your experience with myself and Nouveau was not a good one. I am truly amazed to hear your opinion of our services and how you degraded me and my staff. We all scrambled and went above the call of duty to make the rain plan a wonderful experience for you and your family. The entire Meeting house had to be re-set after the Ceremony was over for your dining. We had to move the pre-planned tall vases of Bittersweet which were at the Alter on a woodgrain table which we provided to the dining tables (this was all pre-arranged and typed into your proposal) in order to make space for the cake. I had to make the decision to place them on the tables or remove them all together from your reception site in order to make space, as space was a big issue. I thought you would like to see them remain in the venue as you had paid for them. We stayed for the entire transfer as it was imperative to help coordinate the transfer. At which time I was extremely pleased with my staff for their time and effort, we really cared about the comfort of you and your guests and went above and beyond to please you. I know that in the moment of your event it would be hard to realize the role that we played, but I can assure you that every phone call, email and transaction which took place between us was taken with great care and attentiveness, as we provide to each and every one of our clients. I was listening every time you and I spoke and tried to help you visualize every facet of your wedding. I am disappointed that you did not recognize that and I wish that your experience could have been different as well. I wish you the best in marriage and appreciated your business.