Events by Gina Harris Reviews

11 | Catharpin, VA

11 Reviews for Events by Gina Harris

Libby · Married on 06/03/2017

I cannot recommend Gina highly enough! Throughout the entire process, she was responsive, enthusiastic, informed and helpful. During the wedding day and the day before, she went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and have things run smoothly. I knew I could always have confidence in her experience and her advice, and trust her judgement. She truly felt like the captain of our team and part of our family, and everyone spoke so highly of her work. Even when she was swamped, she took the time to answer questions, help me get scheduled and make our day 100% perfect!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Gina came highly recommended by our vendor, Khimaira Farm. After working with her the months leading up to my wedding and on the big day, I highly recommend her as well!

Gina was such a pleasure to work with throughout the process. She was very quick to respond to emails/texts and was available for phone calls whenever I needed to talk through something with her.

Gina also makes a point to meet with all her clients before the wedding which I really appreciated. My husband and I enjoyed meeting her prior to the wedding to run through the schedule and details in person. Gina provided us with new ideas and ways to make our vision come together at the venue.

The day of the wedding, I was confident that everything would go well with Gina's help! Gina was great at communicating with all the vendors onsite and keeping things on schedule.

Along with Gina's event planning skills, she is also a very kind person who is full of energy and always smiling. As we sat down for dinner the night of the wedding, Gina kindly offered to get us food from the buffet line and asked what we wanted from the bar. She really went above and beyond to make sure that we were taken care of and everything went smoothly!

Both of our families also raved about how well Gina communicated their responsibilities and roles during the ceremony and reception.

If there were any hiccups that occurred the day of the wedding, no one noticed which is much to Gina's credit for ensuring that everything seemed to go so perfectly!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Shirley · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I weren't sure we could afford a wedding coordinator, or if we even wanted one. As the big day got closer, we committed to wanting the ease of a wedding coordinator to help with an unexpected situation: approximately 3.5 months before our wedding, our venue ended their contract with their caterer (which we were required to use). Talk about a doozy in trying to recreate all the work we had done with the caterer the first time around, and work with a new caterer (who happened to be new to catering). So of course, no brainer, we wanted a coordinator to handle all of that, help the caterer and venue figure out what needed to be done, and just have one single point of contact to communicate. Problem is finding someone in northern Virginia on such short notice, right in the heart of fall wedding season, that was available AND reliable. Luckily, we got an excellent referral about Gina, and she knocked our socks off!

She quickly got ramped up with our current situation at the time, asked us what kind of services we were looking for, and together, we laid our expectations for each other. Nothing bothers my husband and me more than passive aggressiveness, lack of commitment, slow response, etc. Gina was none of those things, and after a week of phone and email conversation, we were completely at ease with her, and feeling comfortable with how our big day was going to end up, especially with the venue and the caterer, etc.

Minus one miscue during the ceremony (which was quickly resolved and undetectable to anyone other than my husband and I), the whole night went off without a hitch. Everything was on-time, everyone was fed (which I hear rarely happens!), hydrated, and the end of the night was drama-free. I don't think we could have pulled off our wedding without Gina!! I have already refer her to friends with upcoming weddings. She will do whatever it takes to make YOU happy, while still maintaining a positive relationship with vendors. Amazing!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Megan · Married on 08/16/2015

We hired Gina as our day-of coordinator, and she was awesome! She was super responsive to all my emails and questions, and it was great to get advice on everything from someone who does wedding planning professionally, rather than just turning to Google for my questions. The day of my wedding was completely stress-free thanks to Gina! I knew if any issues popped up (and they did) she would be the one to handle it and I didn't have to worry about anything.

I watched guests entering the vineyard just before the ceremony started, and realized that one guest who had RSVP'd "no" was there... no worries, I sent Gina a text and she got an extra place setting added to the correct table. And then one of the shuttles bringing guests from the hotel to the vineyard broke down on the side of the highway...another shuttle was sent back to pick up the guests, but I didn't even know about it until after the ceremony! I highly recommend getting a day-of coordinator so that problems like that don't come to you, they go to a professional haha. Gina was so great to work with, if you are considering wedding planning or day-of coordination services definitely get in touch with her!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Kathy and Brian · Married on 07/26/2014

We hired Gina for "day of " services on our big day and the work she did proved to be invaluable! She made the tedious details of our wedding day a breeze and she was so easy to work with. Though we were somewhat leery of hiring a coordinator at all, Gina quickly dissolved any concerns we had with her professionalism, work ethic, and humor. If you're at all hesitant about hiring a coordinator (like we were), talk to Gina. She made everything incredibly easy for us on a day that is already filled with time constraints and too many details. Hiring Gina as our coordinator removed so much stress and worry from our backs that we were able to really focus on the most important part of the reception: our family and friends.

PS This review was completed by the groom (Brian), if that tells you anything. Gina, if you're reading this, thank you! You were awesome and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Lindsay · Married on 05/17/2014

At the start of my wedding planning I thought I would be able to plan my wedding without a planner... after about 2 months of looking at all the details that are involved, I realized I was going to need a planner!

Gina has been a family friend for many years, and as soon as I emailed her that I was engaged she was anxious for details and ready to help! She was always available by phone or email for any questions and she definitely helped relieve a lot of the stress that goes into wedding planning.

I am so thankful that I hired a planner, because Gina made it clear that she had everything under control so I could relax! I would definitely recommend Gina to anyone looking for an event planner!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2012

Gina was an absolute pleasure to work with. She put a lot of effort into understanding what we wanted for our wedding and she offered great advice during our planning. Our minds were completely at ease knowing she was making sure everything was running smoothly on our wedding day - we couldn't have done it successfully without her! I would highly recommend Gina to anyone looking for wedding or event support!

Patricia · Married on 10/09/2010

Gina makes it effortless and fun. Everything came together perfectly and I was relaxed and happy as Mother of the Bride! Beautiful memories. I highly recommend Gina for your event.

Christy · Married on 03/20/2009

Gina Harris provided a complete package of service for our daughter's wedding reception. She organized all the necessary items, set up the reception, decorated the hall, cleaned up and kept us in the loop about everything. She is very professional and has a wonderful personality. She interacts with people very well and has a knack for really understanding what people want and how to present it. I would highly recommend Gina Harris for any event that you may need help with. Thank you Gina ~ the reception was beautiful!

Gina · Married on 09/01/2003

Mrs. Gina Harris was a wonderful planner! She was able to stay within my budget, knew all the local venders and their products, had fantastic creative ideas, and thought of all the little details I could never have done myself.
    Gina is personable, knowledgeable, organized and efficient. She also shows great flexibility, my fiance was deployed when the planes were being made. We had to have "contingent" plans for the event if his tour was extended. She was able to handle all of the eventualities and how it would effect food, location and flower orders, (he arrived 5 days before the wedding.)
    She is magnificent. I enjoyed working with her and look forward to a "renewing vows" ceremony to be planned next.

Sent on 02/26/2013

Vickie · Married on 12/29/2012

Our daughter's wedding will always be a wonderful memory. Gina Harris became a part of the family as she organized, directed and created the environment and the event. Turning a winter wedding into a beach theme was no easy task! Gina moved throughout the event with ease being sure to know the wishes of the bride and mother of the bride. She orchestrated the events of the day by knowing wedding protocol, getting aquainted with the all members of the family and working with the vendors. We didn't want the wedding to ever end. Thanks Gina for your continued support!

Sent on 03/19/2013