Events by Elizabeth Ashley Reviews

70 Reviews for Events by Elizabeth Ashley

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

70 Events by Elizabeth Ashley Reviews

Linda · Married on 08/19/2017

In the first five minutes I knew Elizabeth Hempfling was going to be the best decision we made regarding my daughter's wedding. She is efficient, responsive, creative and compassionate. Elizabeth responds to your needs and handles ones you don't even know you should have! If I could bring her home with me or some how clone her, I would! I have to mention that our event was on HER birthday but she chose to help us and made it seem as though every task was her absolute pleasure. Just...WOW.

Kelly · Married on 09/17/2016

When planning our wedding I was hesitant to get a wedding planner. But, I am so thankful I did. Elizabeth was fantastic! The stress of planning a destination wedding can be overwhelming. Elizabeth made everything come together and our wedding could not have been more perfect!

Nikki · Married on 08/06/2016

I admire Elizabeth's confidence, organization, and patience. She is simply the best and will go above and beyond to make your wedding everything you want it to be and more.

Corina · Married on 12/03/2015

We are wedding photographers in the Boone/Blowing Rock area who have worked countless weddings with Elizabeth. We have collaborated on small weddings, elopements, large weddings, and everything in between. Elizabeth is always a calming presence on the wedding day and is always resourceful, no matter the situation. She makes the day flow smoothly and makes things work seamlessly so the couple can enjoy the day without getting bogged down with all of the details involved in making things come together. We strongly advise our clients to hire wedding planners, and it always makes us so happy to see when we are working together on an event. Elizabeth is truly amazing at her craft, and is incredibly knowledgeable about everything wedding related, problem solving, and is fun to be around. We just love her! We wholeheartedly recommend her!

Breanna · Married on 10/24/2015

I thought I was a pretty savvy planner but Elizabeth Hempling with Events by Elizabeth helped navigate me through wedding details that had never even crossed my mind! In the words of my Mother, "She is wise beyond her years and thank goodness we have her!". The results were a day that proved to be a truly stress free wedding and it was not a small wedding. Keith and I were able to enjoy every moment knowing she would solve any problems without having to worry us or our families. What a blessing. Thank you Elizabeth! Breanna Brown Shockley

Dean · Married on 11/01/2014

Elizabeth is well connected, knows everyone and everything in the industry, and is great at just keeping the bride and groom on track...even if you have to do it all via email or phone as we did. There are not enough positive things to say about Elizabeth and her ability to give you the wedding you always dreamed of having. Her personal connection is sincere and shows in her work. Her sense of style, her attention to detail, and her awareness of the big picture make her excellent at her job. For example, 3.5 hours before the wedding, we decided to move everything from the two tents we had set up (NorEaster and 55mph winds) to my parents' house...and she did not miss a beat or panic!

Rachel · Married on 10/25/2014

Elizabeth and her team were amazing to work with. I had a particularly difficult vendor to deal with, and Elizabeth handled the situation brilliantly. Elizabeth thought of all of the small details to make my wedding day incredible. She eliminated so much stress from my day so that I was able to really enjoy it.

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2014

Events by Elizabeth Ashley made my wedding beyond perfect. Working with Jessica and Elizabeth was such a fun and stress-free experience. They did everything imaginable to make every step of the wedding planning process easy and enjoyable. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a wedding planner in the Boone, NC area. I cannot thank them enough for everything they did to make my wedding day better than I could have ever imagined!

David · Married on 06/21/2014

Outstanding as a wedding planner! Extremely thorough. Made the day perfect.

Diana · Married on 06/14/2014

Elizabeth and Jessica created the perfect wedding for my daughter and her husband. They immediately sensed her vision, and the event they created was truly magical! They were our guide throughout the whole process, down to every detail. I told them from the beginning, I want you to create Katie's ideal wedding, and we just want to show up! They are flexible and accommodating, creative and clever. Jessica was with us the entire length of the wedding (and after) and I could come to her at any point and say "Jessica, can you get us.....", and she made it happen! I felt completely confidant that it would all be perfect, and it was. When the mother of the bride is able to literally kick her shoes off and dance the night away, relaxed and knowing that everything is taken care of, then you know she was in good hands! Events By Elizabeth Ashley was the top wedding planner recommended by our venue and now I truly know why! I had many people come up to me and say "that was the best wedding I've ever been to"!
    You will not go wrong in trusting Elizabeth with your most special day.

Lynn · Married on 06/14/2014

If you are planning a wedding in the mountains of North Carolina, don’t look any further than Events by Elizabeth Ashely for all your wedding related needs:

1) They know what they are doing. Elizabeth and her staff are very experienced event planners who know the area and available vendors. They were able to match us with vendors who could best meet our needs based on our vision and budget.
    2) They stay within budget. Having never planned a wedding budget before, I was concerned that I may have forgotten or mis-budgeted important items. Elizabeth reviewed our budget at the outset and let us know if any items were missing or needed to be amended based on her experience. Her staff ensured that we remained within our budget and never tried to “up sell” us or present us with an unexpected invoice. On the few occasions where our vision was larger than our wallet, we were given clear options and ample time to consider each one before making a decision that affected our budget.
    3) Their décor and floral designs are spectacular. Kristi was able to take very basic ideas and preferences and create a beautiful design board that reflected our vision exactly. She was also able to design multi-use arrangements that could be used at more than one event over the pre-and post-wedding time period. I can’t tell you how many compliments we received on the décor and floral design – everyone was in awe. Kristi was also able to make weather-related décor changes on the fly while maintaining the beautiful design quality.
    4) They direct all events so you are free to enjoy yourself. We had a health issue at the reception that required a complete change in program at a moment’s notice. Elizabeth worked quickly and quietly with the band, bar, and food staffs to change the order of events and keep the reception moving forward – none of our guests even realized that anything out of the ordinary had happened.

Elizabeth was able to deliver the wedding of my dreams and I could not have done it without her creativeness, attentiveness and knowledge of the area. She was able to take our ideas for a rustic, outdoor wedding in the mountains of Blowing Rock and turn them into a beautiful reality. The moment we hired Elizabeth as our wedding planner, my husband and I knew that we had picked the right woman to help us tie the knot. We were both thrilled with how accommodating and patient she was with us as she guided us through the wedding planning process. Her willingness to go the extra mile really made our dreams come true!

• Kassie

Kassie · Married on 02/01/2014

Events by Elizabeth Ashley is an absolutely amazing wedding resource for anything you can imagine! Elizabeth is a true professional who was there for every detail of the wedding, and made sure that every detail was perfect!

Elizabeth was the reason I got to have a beautiful wedding in Puerto Rico! She picked out the wedding venue, rehearsal dinner restaurant, and everything in between, and it was an absolutely perfect match for what I was looking for. Everyone at the wedding had an amazing time - I have received rave reviews from everyone at the wedding, and it is due to Elizabeth and her amazing talent as a wedding planner.

Elizabeth is truly talented, and I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding! She made my special day truly the best day ever!

• Natalia

Natalia · Married on 10/19/2013

We absolutely loved working with Elizabeth! We live in Florida, so planning a wedding in North Carolina would have been incredibly difficult without her help. She answered all of our (many!) questions and made the wedding day go very smoothly.

Laura · Married on 10/19/2013

I worked with Kristy Turbyfill from Events by Elizabeth Ashley. She was amazing! The prices were very convenient for what we were working towards and she truly fulfilled everything we had been envisioning for our wedding weekend!

elizabeth · Married on 09/07/2013

AMAZING JOB!! I still get comments on amazing our flowers and the entire set up was. My husband and I got married at The Craig Cottage in Blowing Rock (happens to be my moms house!), so we really needed someone that we knew we would be able to count on especially the actual day of the wedding so that my mom and i could enjoy such a special day together. Everything was phenomenal. My mom was not pulled away one single time, and everything was jaw dropping. It was such a smooth night with no hiccups and we certainly owe that to Events by Elizabeth Ashley. Can I get married again?!

Laurie · Married on 07/04/2013

I was in Australia when my daughter informed me of her wish to have a wedding in Boone. There was no decision to be made here -- I needed the help of a wedding planner! If you are still dithering about whether you need one, STOP dithering and call Elizabeth! Elizabeth knows what she is doing and you can trust her to take care of everything. Instead of spending my time frantically hot gluing burlap to mason jars or some silly thing, I could enjoy our family coming together and see my beautiful daughter get married with no worries, as they say in Australia!

Tiffany · Married on 06/15/2013

Elizabeth was so professional and was fabulous to work with! She doesn't miss a detail and was always one step ahead of me. I would highly recommend her. If I had another wedding to plan I would fly her anywhere, I couldn't imagine hiring anyone else.

Caity · Married on 05/18/2013

I cannot say enough good things about the girls of Elizabeth Ashley. My husband and I live in Boston but got married in Boone, North Carolina. Planning a wedding from such a long distance away should have been exhausting and complicated but Elizabeth and Kristi made it easy and smooth for us. Despite my ever changing mind, they kept up with me, even when I decided a week before the wedding that I didn't like the colors I chose, it was no problem for Kristi, she just changed the colors for me and brought in new beautiful flowers. When my wedding dress came in, it was the complete wrong dress (seriously.) The store refused to fix the mistake until Elizabeth drove it back down to Atlanta (5 hours away) worked her magic and the store gave her the proper dress. I mean, how many girls have wedding planners this fabulous? I have and will continue to recommend Elizabeth Ashley to all my friends. I had a dream wedding because of these women.

Elizabeth was wonderful!! She was our event coordinator for not only my wedding by also my two sisters. She is very professional, but also approachable. She really tried to understand what we wanted and made it happen. She will do everything from console you when you are losing it to assisting in unruly guests to making your vision a reality! I am so glad that she was there every step of the way and I couldn't have handled all the stress without her! She is absolutely worth every penny and then some!

• User2051083 · 2+ years ago

Events by Elizabeth Ashley is fabulous! From the moment I sat down with Elizabeth and discussed my "dream wedding" I knew she would have to be our wedding planner. Being from the high country I wanted to support the local businesses but I was living and planning my wedding in Savannah, Georgia, I thought it might be impossible. But needless to say Elizabeth helped me every step of the way, even making several trips down to Savannah (6hrs away) to discuss venue,ceremony,etc. She is very professional and I would highly recommend her for any of your wedding/event needs.
    THANK YOU Elizabeth for creating our "Savannah Dream Wedding".

Rebecca · Married on 10/13/2012

Fantastic company to work with for my daughter's wedding. Affordable, professional, fun, on top of EVERYTHING!

Heather · Married on 10/13/2012

The flowers for our wedding surpassed my expectations. The flowers were better than I envisioned. Kristi is very easy to work with and accommodates for the indecisive bride. I would highly recommend Kristi she made our wedding beautiful!

Anna · Married on 07/14/2012

From the first day I met Elizabeth I felt like I was in good hands with my wedding planning process. She had the confidence and expertise that allowed me to not stress. I planned my wedding with everything my husband and I had wanted and that is exactly what was executed on our special day. Elizabeth understood and supported all of my decisions and therefore delivered a wedding that I will always remember and be proud of.
    My family thanks her for not only working for the bride and groom but for the entire wedding party. She ironed out details and kept everyone calm so that they too could enjoy themselves.

Sara · Married on 06/23/2012

I worked with Kristi for our wedding in June and was blown away with her services! She is so laid back, flexible yet extremely organized and effective. I had a few difficult requests that she gladly accepted and did an absolutely amazing job with. While we did not use the entire event planning option(my mom wanted to do a lot of it) we did use them for flowers, decoration and directing the wedding party down the aisle. I would recommend them to any bride that asked! Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without their help! Beautiful decorations and flowers at a reasonable price and the best customer service I could ever ask for!!