Events by Dream Makers Reviews

113 | Boynton Beach, FL

113 Reviews for Events by Dream Makers

a · Married on 11/12/2011

we used submerged centerpieces with votives . the room glowed . all the bouguets and boutineers were beautiful

Sent on 11/29/2011

Dianna · Married on 03/20/2011

Overall, I was happy with my flowers, centerpieces and bouquets. Rose does a great job of narrowing down all the details. The bouqets were outstanding!! I was so in love with them.

Sent on 09/27/2011

Linda · Married on 02/20/2011

As the Mother of the Bride, selecting a florist can be difficult. Dream Makers makes it easier by also taking care of the Decor at the same time. Rose has great ideas but allows the Bride her own vision also. Our daughter had many suggestions which were revealed on the Wedding Day. We were all very pleased with Dream Makers centerpieces & Decor. It was truly magical. Thanks to Dream Makers and their staff for all their hard work our daughter had her Dream Wedding.

Sent on 03/02/2011

Katie · Married on 01/31/2009

Dreammakers is definately a value compared to many florists. I spent nearly what I wanted to, which was a fairly moderate amount, and got more than I was expecting. It is sometimes hard to get ahold of Rose, but if you leave a message she will call you back. Flowers were very nice, and Rose had lots of great ideas. Note to other brides - hydrangea in bouquets doesn't last too long before wilting. I wish I had been warned, but luckily we did pictures before the ceremony. My biggest negative was that I was using seaglass and floralytes (that I provided) in the vases, and provided 1 large bag full expecting her to order more or the same/similar color. I wasn't supposed to provide any, she was, and I just passed it on as I had recieved it from someone else's wedding. Instead, she used that bag only so there was barely any seaglass and the lights were showing. It wasn't exactly the effect that I was expecting, I wish there had been a few inches of sea glass in each vase and it had a more glowing-colorful look. I also didn't get my lights back, and they were pretty expensive. Overall I was pleased for the value and I don't know what I would have done with the lights anyway.

Sent on 04/28/2009
  • Private_User185

Alexa · Married on 11/12/2016

These guys made me beautiful flowers for my wedding! They were very responsive during the planning process and I would recommend using them for your wedding too.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Sara · Married on 04/14/2012

4.2
      3.5

Rose is awesome and a true professional. She helped us with the design planning all throughout the process, helping us choose linen colors and charger colors, even though we were not getting them from her. Everything came together so beautifully and I believe it's in large part due to Rose's eye. Our flowers were exactly what we wanted, and we got them for a great price. Our chuppah was the prettiest I've ever seen and looked exactly like the picture I showed them. They came early and I was just in awe at everything they were doing from the minute they got there until I saw the final product.
    We did have an issue with the chuppah set up crew, though. It was pretty windy that day, and they kept pressuring both my husband and I to move the ceremony inside. I was worried the chuppah might tip over, but was assured that wouldn't happen. Well, since the chuppah won't fall, then why are you being so pushy about moving it in?? The whole thing was really odd and not something you want to be dealing with 3 hours before your wedding. First the people needed to leave right away, then she was going to make them wait to put the flowers on, then they needed to leave. It was a little crazy. At one point, the chuppah lady, wedding coordinator, photographer, videographer, and I were in a room staring out a window for 5 minutes. I was saying I wanted it outside, the lady kept suggesting to move it inside, and finally the videographer just kind of took the reins, said that it will be outside, and let's just talk about a way to solve any issues that could come from the wind. The conversation about the chuppah was over at that point, it went outside and it was AMAZING! It really was great, but this whole thing just left a bad and lasting impression.

Sent on 04/25/2012

Alyson · Married on 05/07/2011

4.2
      3.0

Overall, my experience was good. The first meeting went great, Rose was very friendly, but my final meeting was very rushed. They told me the meeting would be about 45 minutes and mine ended up being maybe 15 minutes. She quickly went through questions about the final details of the wedding, and I left feeling very overwhelmed. In the end, everything was delivered on time, and the flowers were very pretty. The bridesmaid bouquets were gorgeous, and my bouquet was nice, although smaller than I expected. We had silks on our gazebo outside, which were nice, but not all of the flowers were the ones we agreed to.

Sent on 05/19/2011

Jennifer · Married on 11/04/2011

3.0

I was very impressed with Rose of Dream Makers! We had a fall wedding so I chose all the beautiful fall colors and Rose created amazing centerpieces. I used Dream Makers for everything from ceremony decor to reception from linens, chair cushons, napkins, you name it and the price was very reasonable. The only thing I would recommend is that you be VERY SPECIFIC on what you want and what you expect from them as I was very unhappy with my centerpieces when I first saw them at her shop a few days before my wedding and made them redo everything! I made them spray all my white flowers yellow as there just wasn't enough color. But I was very impressed with the end result and when I walked into my reception room, it completely took my breath away! I would definitely recommend them but just add to be very specific down to every little detail!

Sent on 08/13/2012
  • jsalansky

Jillian · Married on 11/19/2011

3.6
      3.5

Overall my wedding decor turned out wonderful despite the few mishaps with this vendor along the way.

Sent on 12/06/2011

b · Married on 01/03/2009

3.4
      3.5

The flowers were beautiful. Recommend to be very clear and precise about what type of flowers you would like and if there is anything you absolutely do not want.

Overall very professional, arrived right on time and the flowers were very fresh, very good quality.
    They also provided chair covers, bows and chargers.

If you need other vendors Dream Makers has a list of vendors they have worked with that they can recommend.

Sent on 03/12/2009

Marlika · Married on 04/03/2010

3.4
      3.0

Dream Makers delivered my flowers on time, but it wasn't at all what we discussed. I asked for full medium to large size bouquet. My bouquet was almost the smae size as my bridesmaids. I also asked for cabbage roses to be in my bouquet. There were none. When my wedding planner called and asked what happened to the cabbage roses, they responded that the cabbage roses hasn't opened up yet. Which I knew wasn't true at all. I also asked for the bottom of the bouquets to be wrapped with a satin cloth. Dream Makers used a cheap ribbon to wrap the bottom of the bouquets. She also used a 1980s bow and tied it to my bouquet and used glitter in my bridesmaids bouquets. Which we did not discuss at all. She pretty much messed up my bouquet and all my bridesmaids bouquets. I was surprised that my centerpieces was exactly how I wanted it.

Also Dream Makers also decorated my cake. I asked for roses to be placed around each tier. It seems that they ran out of flowers and there were no flowers behind my cake. I was very disappointed to see that. During the consultation I provided them with a picture of how my cake was going to look like. So I expected them to bring plenty of flowers for the cake.

I'm not sure if I would recommend Dream Makers. I think their style is stuck in the 80s and has not revolved to hip and modern. During our counsulation, I made sure I expressed what I wanted exactly and even showed Rose Kish pictures of what I wanted and she failed to deliver my dream.

Also don't expect Dream Makers to show you a mock up of your bouquet or your centerpieces. She'll tell you that she is unable to show you using real flowers and would want to use silk flowers. Which should have been a red flag for me.

If you're on an extremely tight budget I would recommend Dream Makers, but be precise on what you want and stand your ground on what you want.

If you have a good budget for flowers, go somewhere else. I wish I did. Although I was happy with my centerpieces.

I hope this review helped.

Good Luck!

Sent on 05/29/2010

Kristin · Married on 05/03/2018

2.8
      2.5
      2.5
      2.0

Upon consultation Rose Kish was great. She promised me everything I wanted within my budget. The contract she gave me was a handwritten explaination of everything. She wrote the total price in the corner of the document. When I went back just before the wedding to go over the specifics she told me she couldn't do everything she had promised before. If it's not written on the paper she refused to do it even though she stated she would. If there was a question mark written next to anything that meant it wasnt' included & then charged me for those items (I ended up spending another $600). I brought pictures of everything to the initial meeting but when I went back to review everything she told me I was to specific. She also snapped & me to tell me to sit down when I was looking over at what she was writing on her final planning sheet.
    Dream Makers delivered my flowers on time, but I was very disappointed. I asked for hot pink rose bouquets with a few white roses for the bridesmaids but I got white with a few hot pink roses. The orchid corsages looked bruised & very small. I said the one flower I hate is the hydrangea but she still put those in my centerpieces & ceremony flowers to make them look bigger. I saw her work before the wedding & knew she made very small arrangements & bouquets so I made sure I specified for them to be big & without green filler. At least she got that part right.

Sent on 06/05/2010

2.6
      2.0

The flowers that were provided were fantastic! The rental linens and chairs were poor quality and were not delivered or picked up as promised by vendor.

Sent on 07/09/2015