Events at Independence Grove Reviews

Events at Independence Grove 5
  • Meir

Meir Hauser · Getting married on 06/06/2021

Absolutely Amazing

Marta at EIG was an absolutely amazing person to work with. We chose this venue specifically because of her (in addition to the beautiful venue) due to her professional, organized, and knowledgeable service when we met her for our initial venue tour. Throughout the planning process she was able to keep us organized and on track, clearly and efficiently communicated with us, and answered all of our many questions no matter when we asked or how small the issue may have been. On the day of, she kept us calm as the weather was not cooperating with our plans. She worked so well with all of our vendors and we did not need to do anything at all during our wedding. We couldn't recommend Marta enough as well as Events at Independence Grove for a perfect wedding.

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Krystyna

Krystyna Katz · Married on 11/05/2019

Our Dream Wedding Come True!

We had our wedding here! I can't get over how absolutely perfect every single thing was! Marta, our event coordinator, was PHENOMENAL!!!!! I emailed her a ton and every single time she got back to me right away! She truly loves her job and put so much love and care into our big day. We love how much direction she helped to give us every step of the way. Our wedding would not have been the show stopper it was without Marta!!! I actually started to tear up saying goodbye to her at the end, because I truly miss her already! Getting married at Independence Grove with Marta by our side was the best decision we made in our wedding planning! If you're reading this, Marta, we love you!

Sent on 05/31/2019

Stephanie · Married on 10/18/2019

Excellent - Can't recommend highly enough

Fantastic venue in all ways. The space is beautiful, the food is excellent (we've gotten nothing but extremely positive comments), and the people are great to work with. I can't speak highly enough of Marta, who works incredibly hard and is committed to great service. I can't say anything that hasn't been said 100x by other reviewers - all good, don't hesitate to book if this place works for you.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • O

October Gunawan · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing Night

Marta did an amazing job of making sure our whole wedding was amazing from start to finish! Everyone raved about the food (especially those with dietary restrictions)- both from Michael's Catering and Rickshaw Republic. Truly went above and beyond for us. Thanks EIG!

Events at Independence Grove 6
    Sent on 10/28/2019

Events at Independence Grove's reply:

We are thrilled that we were able to make your day so special! It was our pleasure to make it happen exactly how you wanted.
  • Cynthia

Cynthia Ngo · Married on 10/06/2019

Beautiful venue with great food and service

Marta was our event coordinator and took great lengths to organize everything, give us detailed instructions, and help us execute our vision. Everyone we worked with was incredible and our guests remarked on the beauty of the view and how much they loved the food. We felt like we were well cared for throughout the process and that we had chosen the perfect place for our big day. Thank you to everyone there and much love to Marta!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Sarah Feczko · Married on 10/04/2019

Incredible, Amazing & Perfect!

Our wedding was perfect and beautiful! Independence Grove made this possible with the beautiful scenery/location, delicious food, and incredibly wonderful & kind staff (including Marta the wedding coordinator/planner who went above and beyond for us). I had so many ideas and plans, and they made it all possible! Marta answered my questions almost immediately whether it was a call or email. They really care about their couples and it is so meaningful—especially while preparing for your big day. :)

Sent on 10/31/2019

Glenda · Married on 09/21/2019

Daughter's Wedding on 9/21/2019

I can't say enough about Marta and her team at Independence Grove. We had my daughter's wedding there last weekend and ended up moving the ceremony and cocktail hour inside due to the rain at the very last minute. What an amazing space inside and they did an amazing job with the set up. In addition, our guest could not stop raving about the food which they all said was the best food they had at a wedding. Marta was great to work with. We had an issue with a bus arriving late for the ceremony and she handled this situation with great ease and was a calming influence on a somewhat stressed out MOB. The wait staff and bartenders were so pleasant and fun. Beautiful wedding venue, inside and outside.

Sent on 09/27/2019

Amy Kreeger · Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful place with options

This place is fantastic. They have a coordinator that will handle vendor issues for you and direct them on the day of your wedding. Their baker and caterer for the cake and meal were fantastic. I've been told it was the best wedding food people have ever had. The staff are friendly and accommodating. We didn't have very many people (50), and while they do have a food and beverage minimum, it counts for the cake, food, bar, cocktail hour, and you can do favors. The minimum meant that we had a lot of extras that people really enjoyed. You can choose the patio and audoban hall, or the garden. Overall very very beautiful. I would highly recommend, even for those who have a larger guest count. They have a very wide range of options, and I think being able to condense a lot of the pieces made things so much easier, and way less stressful!

Events at Independence Grove 7
    Sent on 10/03/2019

Events at Independence Grove's reply:

Amy-Thank you for a very nice review. We are thrilled that you received everything you wanted and more!

Megan · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Venue!!

I cannot say enough about Marta and her team and Independence Grove. My husband and I got married here on 9-21-19. I did a lot of venue searching and as soon as I left IG, I knew immediately it was the right venue. It is truly beautiful inside and out. From day one, Marta was SO helpful. She responded quickly to all my emails and was sincere in her feedback. The day of my wedding, Marta was an absolute ROCKSTAR. We had to move our wedding inside at the last minute due to rain and she made the whole process so stress-free. They made the inside look beautiful and so elegant and it worked out perfectly. My friends and family are still raving about the food and I have had a lot of people tell me the food was the best they ever had at a wedding, which says A LOT. The whole team helped us the next day to get our stuff and everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Marta was a fun part of the day and the entire bridal party talked about how efficient she was. I would recommend IG in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Anjelica

Anjelica · Married on 09/20/2019

The Best Service for the Best Day of Our Lives

Independence Grove is the perfect picturesque location for a wedding. The service is what really locks in the reason you should choose Independence Grove for your wedding venue. From the food tasting to the day of the event, the food and hospitality of the staff were PHENOMENAL. Our guests made it a point to tell us how good the food was and that it actually came out hot! We were also well taken care of with all of the appetizers waiting for us in our bridal suite and were sent home with 2 full meals - so thoughtful! The cherry on top of everything was the coordinator at Independence Grove, Marta. Marta is so well organized AND she responds to e-mails within hours, sometimes even within minutes! It is evident that she truly cares about her couples when she insists on helping to coordinate our outside vendors in addition to everything else she has to deal with. She made the entire planning process as easy as possible. On the day of our wedding, she blew us away when she had all of our decorations in place, when we were expecting to setup some of the items. Thank you so much to everyone at Independence Grove and Catering by Michaels for the best night of our lives!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Steven

Steven Tobiasz · Married on 08/24/2019

Simply Amazing Venue with the Best People

A good venue for a wedding is everything and that's what we got with them. From the initial walk through to the day of the wedding they took care of us so well. All the information was laid out easily for us to understand, there was no added pressure for doing anything related to our wedding we didn't want to, and they made our special day feel truly special. I also would like to mention Marta, who helped us through the entire process. She was absolutely amazing from day one. She helped us make all our tough decisions, made sure our day went as smooth as it possible could, and was just the most down to earth person we could have asked for. You want a venue that is there for you, not pushy, and a beautiful place to get married then this is that place. We will never forget our day there and its because of the wonderful staff there that made that happen. :)

Events at Independence Grove 8
    Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Adrianna

Adrianna Muñoz · Married on 08/23/2019

Get married here

If you even come across Independence Grove as an option, chose it. This was the best decision my husband and I made during the entire wedding process. We worked with Marta (the most organized and on-it person I know) and Catering By Michael's, which is the exclusive catering company for this venue. The planning process was easy and laid out for us. Marta was so responsive, and she made the day-of the wedding so easy; she even brought me tums when my stomach was upset during the reception. She went above and beyond to make sure my wedding was personalized and ran smoothly. Catering by Michael's: AMAZING. I have 1 professional chef in the family and 15 foodie family members, everyone approved the food. Admittedly, I was a little nervous about moving forward with this venue and its exclusive catering company, but it couldn't have worked out better. The food was amazing; even if you don't pick this venue please look into Catering by Michaels. We had great (authentic) palomas and late night tacos, dinner, and desert; they especially cater to those with allergies and special diets.

I cannot emphasize enough how easy Marta and Catering by Michaels made planning my wedding. Everyone was on the same page and planning wasn't too stressful. This was such a great venue and it has so much natural beauty.

Sent on 08/31/2019

Events at Independence Grove's reply:

Adrianna - Thank you for the amazing review. We are thrilled that Marta did such an awesome job for you and made your wedding planning experience and wedding day wonderful. Your detailed comments about the food are amazing. As we are a "food-forward" company, we love to receive positive comments about our completely "scratch/homemade" food and sauces, and even our drinks. We are very proud of the quality and taste of our food, as well as its presentation, and could not be happier that you appreciated it. Wishing you and Kyle a wonderful future!
    Stewart Glass, President
    Catering by Michaels
  • I

Ivee De Seno · Married on 08/11/2019

Absolutely perfect!

Stewart and Marta are truly professionals in every sense of the word! Marta was absolutely amazing she thought of details that we didn’t even think of! We knew that we didn’t have to worry about a thing because Marta had everything covered and our special day was going to be everything we wanted. As it turns out our wedding day was even more beautiful than we dreamed it was going to be because of Marta’s attention to detail.
    Thank you Marta for everything you did to make sure Frank and I didn’t have to worry about anything and we could just enjoy our day!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Rosalee · Married on 08/10/2019

Our dreams come to life

We picked the venue because we wanted an indoor/outdoor experience and an on-site ceremony. EIG was the first place we looked at and we fell in love. It was perfect; from the moment we started working with them, they were incredibly helpful. They sent a timeline immediately so I knew where I needed to be with respect to the planning process. Our planner, Marta, reached out to us when it was time to start getting into the details of the day/night, and she did not forget even a moment! She would bring up ideas and questions in our planning meeting that I hadn’t even thought of before, and she kept me and my family focused on the things that not only mattered, but what we wanted as a bride and groom. She answered my emails and phone calls super promptly, even when she was sick or out of town. And on the week of, she was splendid. Her attention to detail is so exacting that she sat at the front of the processional and made sure every groomsman’s tie and boutonniere was straight. The ceremony was beautiful, the reception was perfect, and the staff was superb. I couldn’t recommend them further, I would host every event there if I could. Also the food was some of the best we’ve had at a wedding, the tasting was exactly what we had at the wedding, and guests are still coming up to us saying it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had. Stop your searching now and book Events at Independence Grove!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Molly

Molly May · Married on 07/26/2019

Wedding 7/26/19

Wedding of my dreams. Guests are still talking about food and how gorgeous the venue was.

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 07/13/2019

We loved our IG Wedding! Beautiful Place for a Wedding!!

We absolutely loved our wedding at Independence Grove! It was so beautiful. Guests LOVED the cocktail hour with the lake in the background. Appetizers were awesome and food was excellent. If you are looking for an indoor/outdoor wedding option filled with nature- this is the place for you!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Events at Independence Grove's reply:

Thank you for an awesome review. We think the view is amazing also and are thrilled that you were so pleased!
  • Loren

Loren Martell · Married on 07/12/2019

The very best

Marta was our event coordinator and really our selling point! She was so personable and made me truly believe that we would have the wedding of my dreams there, and we did. My husband brews his own craft beer and we were able to serve it to our guests, which many other venues would not. We were able to bring both sets of our parents to the food tasting, and we had so much fun. All the food was outstanding, best wedding food I’ve never had and the bar never had a line. The service all night was amazing. Such a beautiful venue, with so many different places to take wedding photos- especially in the summer. The scenery, food, service, and price for a Friday wedding here can’t be beat!!

Events at Independence Grove 9
    Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie Scrivner · Married on 07/09/2019

legit amazing!

HUGE Kudos to Marta and the entire staff and IG! They seriously go above and behind for their couples to make sure that EVERYTHING goes off without a hitch! They are very responsive and helpful. They will work behind the scenes with your other vendors so you do not have to be a middleman. They are AMAZING! I honestly wish they could help me throw a party every year! Book with them and you will not be disappointed! I wish I could give them 100 stars in all categories!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Amanda Wine · Married on 07/03/2019

Fabulous Wedding!

We were absolutely blown away by our wedding at Independence Grove. The food was fantastic and we keep hearing from family and friends that it was the best wedding food they've ever had. Everything was beautiful and everything went smoothly. This is largely in part to Marta, who coordinated the event. She is ON TOP of things and very detailed oriented. We always felt like we had Marta "in our corner" when making decisions, working with other vendors, etc. It would not have been the same without her! Thank you to all of the staff at Independence Grove for helping us have the most perfect day!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Events at Independence Grove's reply:

Thank you for the awesome review. It makes us all happy that our hard work pleased you! Good luck to you and Cam in your marriage!
  • Sarah

Sarah Lancaster · Married on 06/29/2019

Personalized, Detail-Oriented and Enthusiastic Venue

We had an incredible experience with Marta at Independence Grove for our wedding reception. Their experience shines through from the initial tour and throughout all stages of the planning process. Marta was SO responsive and goes above and beyond to make sure the day goes exactly as planned. We also had a fantastic experience with Catering By Michaels, the appetizers were our favorite and we had a great time at our tasting! I so appreciate the attention to detail, personalization and enthusiasm shown to us leading up to our big day! Thank you!!!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Events at Independence Grove's reply:

Sarah - Thank you very much for all of the compliments. We are very happy that you enjoyed every part of the Events at Independence Grove/Catering by Michaels experience. Best wishes to you and Eric for an awesome lifetime together.

Mark · Married on 06/21/2019

Best Coordinator Ever!

Marta is the best coordinator to work with. She was always there whenever we needed help or if we had questions. Planning a wedding isn't easy but Marta made sure we covered every single detail needed to make the best day of our lives live up to its full potential. On wedding day, she made sure everyone on the staff worked together. We couldn't have asked for anyone better. We would and will recommend Marta to anyone who look to get married in the future! A++

Sent on 07/10/2019

Rebecca Segal · Married on 06/16/2019

Fabulous Wedding Venue

We loved having out wedding at Independence Grove! We knew it was perfect from the moment we walked in. Marta was fabulous with planning and was very quick to respond to us when we had questions. The food was delicious as well. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Howard

Howard Petty · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing group to work with

We worked with Marta and couldn't have been happier with her knowledge and willingness to help us. She was incredibly responsive and made sure our wedding day was as smooth as possible. There were so many little things that she made sure went off without a hitch, it would be impossible to list them all. I recommend Marta and the entire staff to anyone looking to have their wedding or event at Independence Grove

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Vincent

Vincent Rock · Married on 05/26/2019

Wonderful wedding at Independence Grove

The venue itself is beautiful and has lots of options for indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies and receptions. The staff (especially Marta) are very professional, kind, courteous, and accommodating and did everything they could to make our wedding special. The caterer they work with (Catering by Michael's) is excellent in terms of food quality, options and service. We had a wonderful wedding experience and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Alexis Carr · Married on 05/19/2019

Mathews-Carr Wedding

Marta was amazing! She made our wedding look beautiful and worked within our limited budget! She always got back to me within a day or two! The food was incredible, the service was incredible! The venue view is to die for!

Events at Independence Grove 10