14 Reviews for G.O. Events and DJ

Ian did a fantastic job for us. He helped with logistics, picking songs, gave tips and advice having been through tons of weddings. Day of, he kept everyone on time without being a task-master. He arrived well before the ceremony with plenty of set up time and was possibly the best-dressed at the wedding. After a brief meeting (where I was all but tied up in the makeup chair) everything was ready to go without issue. He did sound for our ceremony, lined up all the people, gave cues for when to start walking and kept everything running smoothly. I didn't worry about any of it. Ian and GO events were wonderful and I would 100% hire them again.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/26/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

I had done a lot of research to find the best DJ for our wedding and couldn't be happier with choosing GO Events and DJ (Ian Guerin). We were lucky to be able to book him just 4 weeks before our wedding. We live in Charlotte, but our wedding was at Litchfield Beach. Ian made the communication so easy with phone/text/emails with the planning having to be done remotely. He coordinated the rehearsal for us and the timeline for the ceremony and reception - his execution was flawless! He went above and beyond and even after the reception long after my husband and I left, Ian stayed to help my family and friends clean up and break down everything in the venue since we had to be out by midnight.

You will not be disappointed when you chose GO Events and Ian as your DJ for the biggest day of your life!

Profile Picture Laura, 7/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

The experience working with GO Events and DJ was great. They are experienced and knew what they were doing. Working with GO Events was easy, and they played the songs we asked for. They even gave us a cd of some of the wedding songs at the end of the night. That was a pleasant, unexpected touch. They also were reasonably priced. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User5202147, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ian did an amazing job not only DJing but coordinating the events of the ceremony and reception. What's great about hiring him is that you get both services. Normally his wife assists with the coordinating but because of their newborn he brought another guy out with experience in the industry. Ian came out to the rehearsal and directed it. He always was quick to respond by email, text or phone (even with a newborn) and very thorough in order to not miss any detail.
On the wedding day itself it rained and he assisted in any way he could as well as getting his own equipment set up inside. We only started about 5 minutes late and it was a huge success! During the reception he checked on us in order to keep things moving at a good pace. You won't be disappointed with Ian and he had people dancing the whole time! People afterwards told me they never dance and they did at our wedding!
Thank you Ian for everything. If you get in touch with him he can give you my phone number if you have ?'s

Profile Picture Linda, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We just got married in Myrtle Beach and did a lot of research trying to find the right dj. I hope this review helps you save some time because G.O. Events (Ian Guerin) was perfect. Way more than just a DJ he helped us in planning and mapping out a timeline of the evening, even guided us through the rehearsal and ceremony. From the moment we hired Ian he was completely professional and more than any other vendor gave us a feeling of confidence and peace of mind. Through phone calls, texts, emails and skypes we worked out everything and it couldn't have been better. He asked questions we hadn't even thought of and always gave really great advice. The music was great every step of the way and everyone had such an amazing time but to just thank Ian for that wouldn't even start to cover all that he did to make our special day truly perfect!

Profile Picture David, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

When my husband and I were ready to start planning our wedding, there was never any question about who we wanted to DJ our wedding. From the very first meeting we had with G.O. Events and DJ, we felt very comfortable and 100% positive that they would help to make our day as memorable and easy as possible. They thought of things that in my cluttered bride mind, I had simply overlooked. Over the course of the few months before our wedding day, we received e-mails and had several meetings with G.O Events and DJ, which made us feel confident that nothing would be overlooked and that they genuinely cared about making our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be. I didn't bother hiring a wedding planner, because when you hire G.O Events you can rest assure that they go above and beyond. The day of our wedding, I didn't have to worry about anything because I was in good hands. They even pinned my fathers and husbands boutonniere on their lapel. Our wedding day wasn't just a party or one day in time, it became so much more because of G.O Events. They created memories for us that we will cherish for a lifetime. Without a doubt, hiring them was the absolute best decision we made in our wedding planning process and we would highly recommend them to anyone planning any event.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/30/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

My wife and I contacted one DJ for our big day and were blown away by what G.O. Events and DJ offered and it lived up to everything it promised. Ian and his wife Katie agreed to travel across the state of South Carolina (5 hours) to DJ our wedding reception.
We thought it might be difficult not having a face to face meeting with Ian might, but he was more than willing to Skype with us until we felt comfortable. His attention to detail was key as my wife and I had no idea how much went into planning a reception. Ian has great taste in music and created a great playlist based on the songs and artists we selected.
He even played a crucial role in the introduction of our first dance which came from the movie "Pulp Fiction." The rest of the night went off without a hitch and by the end of the night nobody wanted to leave the dance floor.
Thanks Ian and Katie! Our reception wouldn't have been a great as it was without you!
Adam and Allison Regan

Profile Picture Adam and Allison, 6/15/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I used G.O. for our wedding day and we could not have been happier with them. Whenever we had questions for them or needed help with song choices they were more than happy to meet with us in person, over the phone or via email and work things out.

Profile Picture Bob, 3/23/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We can't say enough WONDERFUL things about this team - you want them for your big day! They helped create the most personal experience you could possibly imagine from a DJ team. If you work with G.O. you will get so much more than just a DJ you will get a support team to help your event go exactly the way you want. They are so much fun to work with - you won't regret it!! We would give them ten stars if we could!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/29/12, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Wedding Planning

If you are searching for a DJ... Look no further. Best day of my life went flawlessly due to the fun, amazing attention to detail and professionalism that was provided by DJ Ian and his sweet wife Katie. Our guests always knew where and what was going on and felt included in all the dancing and festivities. Our wedding party, my husband and I were given plenty of notice to be in position when it was time for the events of the evening. I didn't have to worry about a thing and everything was perfect. Something that is absolutely priceless to me and am forever grateful for them making our special day a fairytale come to life :)

Profile Picture Katie, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ian did a great job orchestrating my ceremony and keeping my reception hoppin! We also played the newly wed game which was fun! Best value AND quality around Myrtle Beach. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Britney, 7/13/12, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ian and Katie are the best! Not only did they DJ our ceremony and reception but they helped coordinate the ceremony as well. They have a lot of experience and definitely know what they are doing. They played everything we wanted and nothing we didn't. If Ian doesn't have a song in his long playlist he will find it for you. Ian created a CD for us with our songs from our reception. They were very professional but also a lot of fun at our reception. We thoroughly enjoyed having Ian and Katie be a part of our big day. We definitely recommend their services for any important event!

Scott & Courtney Cullum

Profile Picture Scott & Courtney, 5/25/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Ian Guerin was recommended to me by a friend of mine when I started my wedding planning. I never imagined that at such a great price, I would find the perfect DJ for our big day. Ian was very interested in doing exactly what we wanted. He stayed in contact with my new husband and I throughout the entire planning process and was always willing to lend a helping hand when he saw that it was needed. He really understands how stressful and important a wedding day is to a couple in love. Ian made a sample listing to ensure that the music played is the music we were looking for and even made sure to get a list of the songs we did not want played to ensure that we were pleased. Ian went so far above and beyond what we expected. He even put together a slide show with pictures of us together and played it during the reception. I can't thank Ian and his wife enough for everything they helped us with. I would say, without a doubt, they are the best.

Profile Picture Jennifer and Eric, 9/25/11, 5 Reviews