event1013 Reviews

117 | Plano, TX

117 Reviews for event1013

Taylon · Married on 09/06/2015

We had an AMAZING experience with event1013. Every employee who helped us was friendly, professional and truly made us feel confident that our wedding would run smoothly. We got so many compliments from guests about the building and am so glad we chose it.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Pamela · event on: 09/06/2015

Our faith community met on a weekly basis from February through August on a weekly basis at Event1013. What a beautiful venue! The staff was always so helpful and accommodating. You can tell they really care about this place and the people who use it. Oh! And the bathrooms are amazing! No detail has been overlooked.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Christopher · event on: 09/03/2015

event1013 hosted a corporate meeting event for a Non-Profit organization with which I am affiliated (Collin County Homeless Coalition). With nearly 70 in attendance, the event1013 staff did a wonderful job accommodating all of our needs. The lighting, tables, room arrangements and background music were set perfectly and even beyond my expectations. Every little detail was finely addressed from floor to ceiling. I highly recommend event1013 for your corporate event needs!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Rosma · event on: 08/28/2015

Awesome staff members and love the venue. Our guest was very pleased!

Kelly · event on: 07/28/2015

event1013 was an outstanding venue! We had a week long planning meeting for work and it was a wonderful location. The staff was helpful, friendly and went above and beyond to make our experience top-notch. They kept the drinks and snacks filled up, checked in regularly and made us feel so comfortable. The location was great because we had access to several restaurants and a park within walking distance. We hope to return every year for this meeting!! Thank you Melissa and Denise!

Sent on 10/11/2015
  • User5408266 · event on: 07/08/2015

Absolutely loved working with event1013!! Their staff is amazing and so, SO helpful with everything. Their venue is also quite incredible, and definitely worth hosting an event at!

• User5408472 · event on: 04/04/2015

event1013 worked with us to make sure the event was exactly how we envisioned it!

• User2621964 · 2+ years ago

We absolutely loved event1013. It definitely has it's quirks due to it's small size however that just added to the charm. The building is so beautiful on it's own you can go minimal in your decor and still turn out with an amazing look. We had tons of compliments on the unique look of the place and how much people loved it. It is the perfect venue for a smaller, more intimate wedding. We had around 80-85 guests and it was the perfect size. CoryAnn Shelton was amazing and helped us all along the way to make sure all our vendors were there on time and knew what to do. The day of she was a life saver! Our wedding day was 'blessed' with huge Texas sized storms and Cory had to be very creative with moving me from place to place and keeping me dry! The team at event1013 was wonderful to work with and very flexible to fit our needs and budget. I love this venue and recommend it to anyone looking for a more urban feel and a unique look!

Sent on 04/14/2014

kerri · Married on 11/02/2013

Loved this venue! So many compliments on the location and atmosphere. The exposed brick was a huge hit

Sent on 11/09/2013

Bethany · Married on 09/21/2013

We got so many compliments on this venue. It's unique and the perfect size for a fun, small ceremony and reception (we had about 70 guests). The apartment was great for some photos and changing into the dress, and the alleys out back made great backdrops. The coordinators were very accessible, even when they changed coordinators a month or so before the wedding. We used their screen and equipment for a slideshow and several of their suggested vendors and it all went great. We also used one of the hotels they suggested that provides a shuttle for guests. The street is full of shops and bars so our guests were able to hang out beforehand and go out after. Make sure your photographers have flashes though; it gets pretty dark for photos.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Barbara · Married on 06/20/2013

Event 1013 did a fantastic job preparing us for our daughter's wedding reception. We met with Aimee several times in the 12 months of planning and were very reassured that the event would be a great one. The venue is beautiful and full of history set in downtown Plano. I had reservations about finding enough parking spots for all of our guests since it is such an active downtown, full of shops, pubs, and restaurants but that was not an issue at all. All of our guests were very pleased with the service. We used JC Bartending and Kimberly was more than efficient and kind to everyone. Spagetti Warehouse supplied all the food and went over and above. Lorenzo from SW provided wait staff to take care of all of our needs and went over and beyond what we expected. To top it off, Albert Martinez and his partner from Kaotic Music provided the music and was an integral part in making the reception flow. Denise , our coordinator, arranged the tables, ligting, everything perfectly to our satisfaction.

Sent on 06/23/2013

judson · Married on 09/01/2012

Event 1013 is the best!!!!! Couldn't ask for anything better the level of care and professionalism from the Event1013 staff was wonderful. The venue itself is beautiful my wife and I wanted to have our wedding at a venue that we wouldn't have to pay thousands to dress up for our special day and it is that nice inside urban and chic with a garden room in back. We tried to do everything ourselves and last minute we decided to go with a day of coordinator from the venue best investment ever! Aimme and was truly awesome went above and beyond with everything and was more than a day of coordinator from helping us with a slideshow that just wouldn't work to pinning my sleeves when I forgot my cufflinks to organizing the seating of our large families just...WOW. Staff, location, price, and venue cannot be beat if you are planning any event you can't miss with booking EVENT 1013.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Anthony · Married on 07/19/2012

My wife and I had our wedding reception at Event 1013 and it was perfect, from Aimee working with us to get everything diagramed and situated to Denise actually staying for our event and helping out with numerous odds and ends. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and our guests had a great time!

I would definitely recommend Event 1013 for your event!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Tonya · Married on 07/01/2012

All the staff at event1013 were amazing!! My experience was nothing short of phenomenal!! I had to plan my wedding in less than 6 weeks and they were so accommodating when I had to come back 4 different times with the wedding planner, event co-ordinator, my mother, my mother-in-law. I had an emergency at home and had to cancel the rehearsal at the last minute. They were nothing but courteous. Aimee wanted to make sure I was OK and to let her know if there was anything she could to help.

I would definitely recommend Event1013 if you are having a smaller event or don't need tables and just want to party. My wedding was set up for 60 people. 45 people came and we all had a blast! The sound was great for the DJ, the furniture we used fit in perfectly for our candy buffet, food and drink buffet, gift tables, etc. I cannot say enough good things about Event1013.

The venue is located near Haggard Park in Plano near a beautiful gazebo, lake/pond, and old train caboose that is awesome for pics!!

Thank you SOO much for providing the PERFECT venue for my intimate wedding! I am forever grateful!

Tonya Mitchell

Sent on 07/19/2012

megan · Married on 04/06/2012

I loved Event 1013. The employees are very easy to work with and very helpful. You are allowed to bring in all of your own vendors which is very different from other venues. I would definatey reccoment Event 1013 to have your wedding and reception!

Sent on 04/23/2012

Tori · Married on 03/10/2012

I loved working with Aimee and Deborah at Event1013! They are so helpful and they made sure our reception was everything we wished for! I even had a complete stress ball moment and wanted to push our wedding date back a few months (I found my to do list too long with not enough time) and they didn't even blink! They were happy to help us out and even when we decided to keep our original date, they never acted annoyed or inconvenienced! Every time I apologized for being so back and forth on the date, they insisted that it was no big deal and told me they understood how stressful things can be! They reassured me that this was our day and wanted it to be the best it could possibly be! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone and everyone! I had an amazing wedding and it was due in most part to Aimee for being so helpful!

Sent on 03/20/2012

Danielle · Married on 01/20/2012

We absolutely LOVED this venue and got so many compliments from our guests about it as well! Aimee and Deborah were very easy to work with and I really felt that Aimee went above and beyond her call of duty to make sure everything went smoothly for us!

The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and carries so much character and charm that you don't find many other places! It certainly is not your "cookie cutter" wedding venue and does not need much decor but a little bit of candlelight! We can't say enough good things about Event1013 and I would absolutely use the venue in the future for other events because we loved it so much! If you are looking for something small, unique, and romantic, I encourage you to go take a tour!

Sent on 01/27/2012

Jessica · Married on 01/14/2012

I reviewed a lot of venues before deciding on Event 1013 and the deciding factors were location, uniqueness of the venue and flexibility of the staff. Event 1013 allows clients to choose outside catering, floral, entertainment, rentals and beverages; therefore, my husband and I were able to find the best fits for our budget and tastes.

We had so many positive comments about the venue from our guests that we know that we made the right choice. People loved the atmosphere, staff, location and general layout. We were married in a local Catholic church, but had a cocktail hour in the "garden room" of Event 1013 that allowed us to hire an acoustic guitarist to play while drinks and appetizers were being served. In the main gallery, tables were set up for dinner and our DJ.

The venue allows for so many options, it is really a wise choice for a wide variety of events and client selections.

Sent on 03/21/2012

marissa · Married on 12/30/2011

This was the best venue! Aimee was very nice and professional with the entire process! i was very happy with everything the provided and did for my wedding!

Sent on 01/31/2012

Jacob · Married on 11/26/2011

Great place, easy to work with. Very personal and willing to do what they can to meet your needs. All of the associates were very understanding of our special situation and we felt like old friends by the time it was over. Aimee was our main point of contact and we couldn't have asked for better help.

Sent on 12/16/2011

Joanna · Married on 11/25/2011

Event1013 was wonderful for our wedding and reception! The space is so versatile and beautiful, with it's hardwood floors and brick walls, it works for any taste. It was so nice that they provided tables and chairs for all of our 150 guests, had a great working kitchen for the servers, and a projector we used during dinner! Aimee and Deborah were so great, really worked with us in planning and getting every detail worked out so our wedding went smoothly and without problems. Everything about that day was perfect, from getting ready in the super cute apartment they provide, to the setup, to the picture ops in a neat downtown area, to the service of the staff. Thank you so much for making our day memorable!!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Macy · Married on 09/17/2011

I loved this venue!! All of the staff was so kind during all of the preperations for our wedding. Any questions or concerns I had they addressed them in a timely manner and always gave me the best advice. Everything was perfect! I had so many guest say that it is a beautiful, original venue. Thank you so much event1013!!!

Sent on 12/14/2011

Tiara · Married on 09/16/2011

Thanks to all the vendors, our wedding and reception couldn't have gone more smoothly or more perfectly. Aimee and her assistant were very helpful the day of the wedding (even in the rain!). The size of the venue was great for us (approximately 75-80 guests), and the rentals they offered were just what we needed. Since they opened this year, their pricing was competitive with other loft-like venues in the Dallas area. And they allow you to use your choice of vendors. As for decorating, the only thing that wasn't certain was what ceiling decorations they would have. Luckily, we already had a back-up plan and it came out perfect!
    The location of this venue (in downtown Plano) was great as well. There was free parking in the area and we liked the feel of the historic properties. Overall, we had a wonderful experience and a memorable night!!! Thanks Aimee & Deborah! We will be sure to post pictures on your facebook.
    Tiara & Cody

Sent on 10/10/2011

Rachel · Married on 08/27/2011

My husband and I could not have had a better reception venue! This was seriously the perfect venue for us, spacious enough for 100 guests but it retained the intimate feel we wanted our wedding to have. It is so unique and not your average "hotel ballroom" venue. The staff is wonderful and so accommodating! They were incredibly helpful from the day we first visited to the wedding day itself! We loved everything about this venue!!

Sent on 10/10/2011

RE · Married on 05/28/2011

Wonderful setting, great people and service!!! Love it!

Sent on 10/17/2013