Event Team Entertainment Reviews

Event Team Entertainment 4
Event Team Entertainment 5
Event Team Entertainment 6
Event Team Entertainment 7

Marc Brooks made our wedding day! He met with me a couple times before, talked about how I wanted the whole day to flow, I let him in on what the guests were going to be like and he could not have delivered better. He took control of the reception while not taking any attention, made sure that everything flowed flawlessly and adapted when things needed to be without asking us. The DJ will make or break your reception and these guys will make it- no questions. Thanks!!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Event Team Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much to the new Mr. and Mrs. Stokes! It was my pleasure to host your wedding celebration! We had a great time at Camp Turnaround! Truly amazing to meet all of your family and friends, and to be apart of such a special night! Congratulations!

Lindsey · Married on 08/18/2012

Event team entertainment is amazing! Shawn Whittmore was the dj for my sisters wedding and i knew instantly i wanted him to dj ours! He was not only our dj, he was the "master of ceremonies". He was always aware of time and kept everything on schedule. He kept everyone on the dance floor. My husband does not dance and Shawn had him dancing with me all night long! Our friends and family could not say enough great things about our wedding and event entertainment made it all happen!! He put together slide shows, did all the lighting, and got in contact with my father and mother in law and played a special message for me and my husband during the wedding. I can not say enough great things about the company. My now brother in law has now booked them for their wedding in December! I would highly reccomend this company to anyone!!! Thank you event team entertainment!! :-)

Sent on 08/28/2012

Lynnae · Married on 08/17/2012

Hiring Shawn as our DJ was one of the BEST decisions we made during our wedding planning process. My husband and I saw Shawn in action at a friends wedding a year before our wedding and were so impressed we asked for his card on the spot. From the beginning, Shawn was excited about our event, had excellent ideas, and was attentive and flexible to our needs. Shawn is an incredibly organized professional, and as a Bride that was juggling a full time job, full time master's program, and planning a wedding, I was SO thankful! We had so many compliments on our wedding day about how organized the day was and how all of our "events" flowed smoothly together. There was never a dull moment during the reception and Shawn played the music that kept the dance floor packed all night. Shawn and his team are truly impressive to see in action!

Sent on 09/06/2012
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 07/04/2012

LOVE Shawn and his team! My wedding was the third I'd seen him at and every single one was spectacular! We got a ton of compliments on him and how organized and nice he was. I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders for things to coordinate at the wedding with Shawn. We love him!

Sent on 07/21/2012

Kathy · Married on 06/24/2012

Ceremony sound engineer and Reception MC: very talented, professional, pleasant and organized. Great to work with!! They also made our bride & groom picture slide show - well done. Great at expediting the activities and keeping the ambiance positive. Very perceptive to synchronicity and overall flow of the event, and tuned-in to reading the guests, consulting us, the hosts, appropriately periodically throughout. I whole-heartedly recommend this vendor with total confidence.

Sent on 07/11/2012

Kimberly · Married on 06/09/2012

Dear Shawn,

I wanted to let you know how happy we
    are that we got you for our DJ/Event Coordinator. Really, you are so
    much more than a DJ. You were so on top of things both at the
    rehearsal letting us practice both in the church and outside and
    especally on our wedding day. You really set the tone and helped to
    keep things moving. Thank you for working with our musicians and
    making sure that they could be heard outside and for bringng some of
    your own equipment for them to use as well. Thank you for building
    the slideshow, without charging us extra, and for testing everything
    to make sure there were no mishaps. Thank you for going above and
    beyond in every way and for being so professional and genuinally
    concerned that as a bride, I didn't have to worry about anything.

I also want to make sure that the speeches at my wedding take the cake
    for the longest, most drawn out speeches ever. Thank you for trying
    to cut them down. I don't know what happened. I showed them the paper
    you gave that layed out the guidelines for what makes a good speech
    and apparently it didn't register. I appreciate you trying to move
    things along, but I guess there was no budging them. I think we might
    of even lost some guests along the way. Overall, my wedding day
    was so wonderful and so much fun and a lot of that is credited to you,
    how you run your business, and how perfect you are for the wedding
    industry.

Thanks again,

Kimberly Peterson

Sent on 01/20/2013

Melissa · Married on 05/26/2012

Our DJ, Jesse Bearden, was everything we wanted in a DJ and more! He was so easy to communicate and get along with before and during the wedding. All of our guests at the wedding absolutely loved him and all the music he played, we had a 576 square foot dance floor and it was packed all evening long! If you choose Jesse to DJ your event, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Amy · Married on 05/18/2012

When we finally decided to go with a DJ instead of a live band at our wedding, our wedding planner really only had one recommendation: Event Team. We set up an interview, and Shawn was willing to drive up to Vancouver to meet us close to our house. Meeting with him was a great experience.  Not only was he easy to talk to and professional, he seriously had his ducks in a row about his business.  He had some great materials to share about what we should expect from a DJ, and then provided plenty of materials demonstrating why Event Team met those expectations. He also had some great planning me trials to help us figure out the entertainment components of the wedding. When we walked out of the meeting, we immediately knew that we would sign a contract with Shawn.  He did not disappoint throughout the planning process or at the wedding. He was both a consummate professional and someone who listened to our requests and accommodated them in every way possible. We had some particular ideas about how we wanted to be announced and the music we wanted, and Shawn asked lots of clarifying questions so he could completely understand what we wanted. At the wedding, the music went almost flawlessly, and at the reception Shawn kept everyone dancing and having a good time. We recommend Shawn and Event Team without reservation.

Sent on 09/16/2012

Holly · Married on 03/16/2012

Shawn was AMAZING, he completely set the tone of our wedding and without him it would have been chaos! He offered to work with us at the last minute ( I believe it was one week prior to the wedding). He helped throughout the rehearsal and tremendously on the wedding day! This guy knows weddings! He was so nice and professional. Played every song and more that we could have ever wanted and even made us our own special last dance mix! Shawn was the best thing that happened to our wedding and I reccomend him with a 20 out of 10!
    Thank you so much Shawn!!! My husband and I along with our entire family are SO greatful for you!!!
    ~Holly&Anthony Dotter

Sent on 04/19/2012
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 03/03/2012

Well worth the money!! My number one favorite vendor! Pretty sure Shawn and his team was the reason my wedding went so smoothly!!! Music choice was perfect and the flow of the wedding was perfect! They are extremely flexible!! I could go on and on!! Book them as your DJ you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 03/12/2012
  • Mallory

Mallory · Married on 02/22/2012

Jesse was our DJ and he was great!! Had no issued with anything. He was professional, planful and really made sure all aspects of the night went smooth!

Sent on 04/13/2012

Randi · Married on 11/12/2011

From beginning to end, Event Team Entertainment went above and beyond our expectations. Shawn was very professional, helpful, readily available and most importantly a great DJ. He and his team were on time and helpful for both our rehearsal and wedding. He was much more than a DJ, he made sure everything happened just as it should have and we were so thankful he was there! We would recommend Shawn or anyone at Event Team Entertainment as your wedding DJ. It is a difficult decision to make, but you will not go wrong if you choose Event Team Entertainment! Thank you again Shawn!

Brian and Randi Norton

Sent on 02/21/2012

Libbi · Married on 10/09/2011

Very thorough! We met a few times and he had an out line to know when and where we were doing things. A friend sang at the reception and he came early to set up and do mic checks the morning of the wedding...it was more than I would have expected from a DJ! He made the wedding night flow smooth and had great music!

Troy · Married on 10/08/2011

Shawn and Event Team Entertainment were fantastic at my wedding on 10/8/2011. I got married outdoors at a vineyard, had a separate harpist for the ceremony music and then had the reception inside at the vineyard. Shawn and his team had everything mic'd - me (the groom) the officiant and the harpist. The sound was perfect and everyone could hear throughout the ceremony - even the people in the back row. After the ceremony and through the reception Shawn kept things moving and on track, coordinated with other vendors at the wedding, was accommodating and flexible, and basically I just can't say enough. He was a pleasure to work with and I would not hesitate in recommending him. I think we when shopped around for DJ services he was a little higher then others - but you get what you pay for and he is definitely 1st class in his field!

Sent on 11/15/2011

Rochelle · Married on 09/18/2011

I chose Event Team because, after a high price quote, my DJ Neil worked with me to find a quote that was within my budget and met my needs. He was great to work with, offering advice on how to lay out our reception so everything runs smoothly from one event to the next, and did a great job at the wedding itself.

Marlie · Married on 09/10/2011

When planning my wedding I was a little apprehensive about spending a "ton" of money when it came to the DJ lets just say THANK GOODNESS we did! Jesse with events team ent was outstanding. Looking back now I spent a ton of money on my flowers they looked great but the value I paid to have jesse was well worth it!

He did everything from run our rehearsal, the wedding, giving us water when seemly we couldn't find time I felt like he went above and beyond to meet with us and get to know us we were even able to take him to lunch to get to know him better!

He took the time to get to know my husband and I and was so easy to work with

He always was timely and efficient the day of the wedding he looked professional, acted professional, and again went above and beyond we truly felt like he was a friend who did our DJing. He helped us make everything personable and unique!

HIRE THEM you will not regret it!!

Lindsey · Married on 09/10/2011

Shawn is worth every penny! We have been to many weddings in the past few years and have never experienced a DJ like Shawn. To call Shawn just a “DJ” is almost unfair. He was an event planner, a day of coordinator, and an entertainer, just to name a few. The special touches he adds to every wedding is worth the money you will spend. We will never forget the end of the night when Shawn and his team gathered all of our family and friends to circle the dance floor for our last dance. In between the lyrics of the song “At Last” Shawn had dubbed our wedding vows from hours early. It will always be our favorite memory.

If you are planning a wedding, do yourself a favor and book Event Team Entertainment ASAP!

Sent on 01/03/2012

Event Team Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Lindsey & Eric. It was an absolute pleasure to work with the two of you. I wish you all the best!

Marcella · Married on 09/03/2011

THIS is your DJ!!!!! Everything was perfect; they made our wedding flow and everyone had an AMAZING time!!!! People are still calling it the wedding of the year and they are definitely to thank for that!!!!!!! I can't say enough great things!!! Book them now :)

Sent on 11/22/2011

brandon · Married on 08/27/2011

Amazing service and job. They pretty much took over the night so we didn't have to worry about a thing. I'm still getting comments about how good Event Team Entertainment was for our wedding.

Kristy · Married on 08/22/2011

Jesse Bearden, from Event Team Entertainment, was just brilliant. From the first phone call to the last song on our wedding night, Jesse was such a dream to work with. He's professional, sincere, very caring and attentive to his clients' wishes. He covered all of the best songs from our playlist and even incorporated songs that came to mind during some of the toasts that fit so perfectly, ie. Star Wars theme song (my husband's name is Luke)! He exceeded our expectations and really made our wedding night a magical, unforgettable event! (I wouldn't change one thing given the chance to do the night all over again!!)

Sent on 09/05/2011
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 08/19/2011

We had Jesse as our DJ and he was more than we could have asked . My husband and I connected with Jesse right away. At our wedding I had two separate guests ask if he was a family member because how well he was with our children and family. I would recommend him to everyone I know!! He reads people and really captures how you want your special day and nails it. Jesse brought our ideas to life and created everlasting memories for us forever. He does what he loves and it shows.
    Thanks Jesse!!

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/19/2011

Event Team Entertainment came highly recommended to us. We went with Shawn and couldn't have been happier with his personality and services. Everything was PERFECT with the music, entertainment, etc. at our wedding. I still have friends and family tell me how impressed they were with our DJ and how much fun they had dancing at our wedding (and we were married 3 months ago)!! Even though it's one of the more spendy DJ services around, I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything in the world.

Tristan · Married on 08/18/2011

As soon as Shawn arrived at our wedding reception and introduced himself I felt assured that the our wedding celebration and after dinner dancing would be a success. Shawn Whittemore is a total professional and before I knew it he was loaded in, set up, and ready to roll. Despite some rather complicated coastal logistics and travel limitations Shawn made our reception effortless and fun for everyone. Cannot recommend Shawn enough! - Derek and Tristan

Sent on 01/29/2012

Virginia · Married on 08/13/2011

Neil stepped in for us last minute when we had issues with our original DJ. He picked up on who we were and what we wanted right away and gave us a wonderful wedding with lots of fun dancing! Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/18/2011

Kari and Lars · Married on 08/13/2011

Jesse was an awesome DJ! He really went above and beyond for us and we were more than happy to have him as apart of our day. Thanks so much for everything Jesse and Event Team Entertainment! :)