Event Team Entertainment Reviews

Event Team Entertainment 4
Event Team Entertainment 5
Event Team Entertainment 6
Event Team Entertainment 7

Marc was very helpful during the planning process and a complete pro the day of the wedding. We are very happy with our decision and thank Marc and his team for making our wedding so memorable!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Neticia · Married on 08/25/2013

Look no further. Shawn and his team are what you need! It was important for Shawn to get to know his bride and groom and understand what we wanted for our wedding day. He met with us twice and was very quick to respond through email as well. He covered everything and not once was I ever worried! He did an absolute fantastic job coordinating the rehearsal and the wedding day activities. He surprised us with a personal last dance song that included our own vows from the ceremony! We highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Kathleen · Married on 08/03/2013

Of all the aspects of our wedding, I cared the most about getting a great DJ. I interviewed a handful that were recommended by friends, but Shawn was by far the clear choice and he did not disappoint. From my first conversation with him, he was professional, fun and knew exactly what he was doing. We didn't want a DJ that was cheesy, but rather someone that was cool, hip, but that would appeal to all audiences.

We met with Shawn for a few hours a couple months before our wedding and he was so much fun. He played a bunch of different songs for the different key parts of the wedding (first dance, father/daughter, mother/son, garter, bouquet, cake cutting, etc). All of his suggestions fit our style and were spot on.

Shawn came to our rehearsal as we he was also doing the music for our ceremony. He took charge and made sure everyone knew where they needed to be and when. The day of the wedding, everything went perfectly thanks to Shawn. He kept things moving and was a great MC for the night.

He kept playing the best songs and we had a 3 hour long dance party where everyone (old and young) was dancing all night. At the end, he did a special surprise and replayed our vows from the ceremony which was such a special treat.

My husband and I have been to a ton of weddings and Shawn is by far the best DJ we have ever seen- several of our guests echoed the same sentiment. I would wholeheartedly recommend Shawn for your wedding- he went above and beyond to make sure our special day was perfect.

Sent on 08/13/2013

Erica · Married on 07/21/2013

Jesse was so much fun to work with and really made our wedding night great. Our guests said he was very responsive to their requests and kept them happy. His experience and professionalism was apparent. He's very knowledgeable about all types of music, easy to work with, professional, and flexible. For example, he drove all the way from Vancouver at 7pm on a Sunday to meet us in Beaverton at a local restaurant to meet our scheduling needs. He even had a beer and glass of wine waiting for us after the ceremony was over.....It doesn't get better than that!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Megan · Married on 07/19/2013

I worked with Event Teams for my wedding this past summer. I was very impressed with the professionalism shown and that every problem/question I had Shawn seemed to have a solution and was already 3 steps ahead of me. On top of being a pleasure to work with, Shawn and his team made me feel very confident and relaxed that they would make sure everything at the wedding ran smoothly and there would be no bumps along the way. I have been to weddings where it is clear that the DJ/MC does not know what he is doing or did not listen to the couple's likes and dislikes, Shawn was amazing in being SO detailed and prepared and really made sure our wedding reflected our style and what we wanted from the day. Event Teams was a little more expensive than some of the other options we looked into but it was totally worth it and probably the best money we spent for the wedding. And lastly, Shawn always got back to me very promptly, like seriously 30 minutes tops, and worked around our busy schedules for meetings.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Jesse was AWESOME! We didn't have a coordinator and my grandpa was officiating for the first time so Jesse helped run our rehearsal. We also had surprise bridal party dance so he stayed to play the music so we could practice right after the rehearsal. On the day of he helped everything run smooth and kept everyone on the dance floor. I was shocked by the amount of people dancing at our wedding it was so much fun and it was because the music and DJ were so great. We got so many comments about how awesome the DJ was. Jesse was also super easy to work with before the big day, planning took no time at and it was super stress free. Overall he did an amazing job and was so easy and fun to work with. Engaged friends at the wedding were asking me for his info because they want him for theirs :)

Sent on 08/01/2013

Mindee · Married on 07/06/2013

Shawn and his team were amazing to work with. They truly listened to what my husband and I wanted and what type of feel we wanted for the wedding. Shawn even came out on the dance floor and taught all of our guests a line dance! He was professional and so much fun to work with.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Working with Jesse from Event Team Entertainment was a breath of fresh air! He is so full of positive energy that easily transfers to the dance floor, creating a dynamic and fun filled event. Not only was everyone on the dance floor having a great time on the wedding day, but the lead up to the big day was also a stress free process with Jesse. He is beyond reliable, responsive and a true pleasure to work with!!!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Lindsee · Married on 06/29/2013

Shawn and his team at Event Team Entertainment are simply amazing!! From the very first meeting with Shawn everything was easy, fun and enjoyable! Working with Shawn while planning our wedding was not only fun and enjoyable but it was so helpful! He had answers to all our questions and even had the answers to questions we didn't think about asking! When our wedding day arrived Shawn did an amazing job keeping the mood up and getting people on the dance floor!! Choosing Shawn and Event Team Entertainment to DJ our wedding was one of the best decision we made!! If your looking for a DJ I couldn't recommend anyone more than Shawn!! Promise it will be one of the best decisions you will make!

Sent on 12/31/2013

We have NOTHING but good things to say about Shawn and his team. They were amazing. He had great suggestions for us, provided not only DJ services, but went above and beyond by helping us with the flow of our wedding and keeping things on track, and was nothing but professional and supportive throughout our time working with him. He even surprised us with some awesome mixes and a great last dance song that incorporated our vows. SO cool. He will by far be your best choice for DJ.

Sent on 10/05/2013

Shawn is the greatest DJ of all time. I literally could not have asked for something more. So fast and responsive, so sweet to meet in person, so affordable. He was our coordinator at the rehearsal and everything went flawlessly!! He is a great MC so the whole wedding knew when to be where. It was always on-time or ahead of schedule! And he kept the dance floor JAM-PACKED all night. He was the best person to work with. If you want the BEST WEDDING EVER--hire this guy! You WON'T regret it!!

Sent on 07/04/2013

Lea · Married on 06/11/2013

DJ Shawn and DJ Jesse were absolutely phenomenal!

Initially we were going to manage all of the music ourselves. Our photographer encouraged us to think about getting a DJ to help facilitate the event and take any and all stress away from us and our families.

We met with DJ Shawn and immediately felt relieved to be in his hands. The level of thought and prep he put into getting our wedding right was really impressive. Hiring him and his team was probably one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Many guests made note of how impressed they were by the DJ's handling of the evening.

Luckily, we had a mid-week wedding so we were able to take advantage of reduced pricing.

Sent on 06/23/2013

Andrea · Married on 06/01/2013

Shawn at Event Team was awesome to work with!! We wanted everyone to stay and dance during our wedding and he made that happen. He kept the reception going and all of our guest said that they had a ton of fun and enjoyed the evening. We would definitely recommend Event Team to others!!

Sent on 06/02/2013

Jesse at Event Team Entertainment was FANTASTIC. We liked him the minute we met him. He has an obvious love and knowledge of music and was very down to earth. He wasn't cheesy or over the top. Our guests rave about the music and the DJ the most from all of our wedding vendors. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Carolyn · Married on 05/25/2013

Outstanding, Outstanding, Outstanding. I could not have been more pleased with Event Team Entertainment. Shawn was much more than a DJ; he was the master of ceremony and ran the reception. After reading the numerous awesome reviews, we knew we wanted Event Team Entertainment. So as soon as the wedding date was set, Event Team Entertainment was the first vendor we booked. Event Team Entertainment more than lived up to their reputation. We did not have to worry about a thing. Shawn kept track of the time line he setup with us prior to the big day so the bride, groom and parents could enjoy the reception. The clever and upbeat way he introduced the bridal party set the tone for the entire wedding. The wedding game he played with the bride, groom and guests was fantastic and fun. Our guests loved Shawn, and we are still receiving compliments. I highly recommend Event Team Entertainment!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/11/2013

Erica · Married on 04/13/2013

BEST.DJ.EVER!!! I've been to numerous weddings/events and have not had a DJ as great as Shawn and crew at Event Team Entertainment. I feel extremely lucky to have had him recommended to me. Shawn was so great at getting the attention of the audience without being cheesy or goofy. Event Team Entertainment is really the best of the best. I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 05/13/2013
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 03/28/2013

Shawn with Event Team Entertainment was a perfect choice. All of our guests raved about Shawn's energy and how he kept the party rollin', even while the groom and I were sneaking for some picture opportunities.

Shawn arranged a little bride/groom challenge, which was not only fun to participate in, but was entertaining for our guests. And he also provided a HUGE surprise for us during our last dance. I won't provide details, cause I don't want to ruin the surprise for any other couples, but I will say that it caught everyone off guard and made most of us tear up.

We couldn't be happier with how our special day turned out.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Taunja · Married on 02/16/2013

Amazing service. Professional and excellent at their job. Would strongly recommend to anyone.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Nick and Amanda · Married on 12/01/2012

Jesse is no DJ, he is an angel sent from God to make your wedding rock. A better way to describe him is your ultimate event coordinator. Each time we met with Jesse before the wedding we were put at ease and excited again for our big day. Wedding planning is stressful but Jesse makes it fun and exciting. He was prompt for set up and kept the reception moving. He played all the music we wanted at exactly the right time. He was able to quickly understand our musical style and keep our guests happy. He played non-cheesy games with our guests to make dinner smooth for over 200 guests. The photo slide show he played was exactly how we wanted and we didn’t make that easy on him. We honestly think there is no one better in the field them him. Jesse showed up the day of the event completely organized. He was the one who kept our venue on time for our cocktail hour, entrance, dinner, speeches, cake, etc. He coordinated with all our other vendors to make sure everything came together smoothly and perfectly. We could not be happier with our experience.

Sent on 05/29/2013

Stephanie · Married on 11/17/2012

Shawn embodies professionalism and made our wedding/reception perfect. We knew we didn't want to look any further after meeting with him the first time because he was so nice and the packet that he presents is amazing. After looking through it, we knew we wouldn't need a wedding coordinator for the day because he handled it all from making sure everyone was where they were supposed to be to making sure to hit the men with lint rollers..seriously.
    We used a brass quintet for the ceremony and had a friend sing a special song and Shawn made sure that everyone sounded perfect including us (without ostentacious mics).
    For the reception, Shawn kept everything moving and brought our crazy personalities into it. We had so much fun with his Newlywed game for releasing the tables as well as other little games. He made sure that anyone who needed help or support (my sister was nervous to give her toast) got it. The music selection was huge and he played just the right songs at the right time. I won't give away the surprise at the end of the night, but there wasn't a dry eye...
    In these last couple of weeks, people have raved about him and how much fun it was. If you want a great guy to host your day, book him now! You won't regret a single thing.

Sent on 12/04/2012
  • User2010549 · 2+ years ago

Sean and his team are absolutely exeptional. I attended a friend's wedding last year that had Event Team as their DJ and MC. I was beyond impressed and told my fiance later that we could hire no one else. Event Team made my night such an incredible party, and they were the talk of the wedding. I cannot tell you how many of my guests have commented since that the DJ we selected was absolutely amazing. He appeals to absolutely everyone in the crowd and everyone is feeling the need to boogey by the time dancing arrives. Sean goes the extra mile, meeting with you a few times prior to your event getting to know you and your fiance. He offers amazing extras to ensure your wedding night is exceptional. I feel I didn't just hire a professional; I hired someone that genuinely wanted to get to know us and create an evening full of laughter, wonder, fun, excitement, and joy. Event Team Entertainment is an AMAZING company to hire. Do not look any further when selecting a DJ/MC. I promise you will be amazed at the quality of service you receive, and look back at your wedding knowing you could not have hired anyone else with better qualities.

Sent on 11/29/2012

Danielle · Married on 10/26/2012

My husband and I were left in a bind when our original DJ cancelled three weeks before our wedding. Shawn came to our rescue and was AWESOME!!! There are no words to express our true gratitude for everything he did for us!! He wasn't just a "DJ." He kept the entire night flowing smoothly. I received so many compliments from our guests. I would highly recommend him to anyone getting married or planning an event. He was fantastic!! There was nothing I would have changed. He listened to what we wanted and didn't disappoint. We are forever grateful to have hired him!! I really wish we would have gone with him in the first place!

Sent on 01/04/2013
  • Y

Yelena · Married on 10/06/2012

Shawn and his team did a phenomenal job for our wedding that took place at the Abernathy Center in Oregon City! Our experience was amazing. Shawn went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. He was very professional. I highly recommend the Event Team!

Sent on 12/20/2012

Craig · Married on 09/15/2012

Shawn and his team at Event Team Entertainment saved the wedding! We contacted him the afternoon before the wedding after we found out via KATU Problem Solvers that the original DJ (with another company) was going to be a "no show". Shawn stepped in, apologized for his profession and told me that he would "rally" the troops to make sure we were not disappointed. Event Team Entertainment actually pulled in three of their staff to make sure everything went smoothly. I am convinced that we ended up with a far and above better DJ then we would have. I cannot thank them enough. They are extremely professional, their DJ's are fantastic and they actually care about the day being special and fun for everyone.

Sent on 09/18/2012

Erin · Married on 09/15/2012

Shawn was very professional! He really made our wedding ceremony and reception memorable and perfect. Whenever we emailed him with questions, he responded quickly and was always helpful. We are very detail-oriented people, and Shawn did not let us down once! He played every song I requested in the thorough pre-event questionnaire and even put in a few very special secrets in the father-of-the-bride toast and last song. We could not have been happier. Thank you Shawn and Event Team Entertainment. We will DEFINITELY recommend you to others in the future!

Sent on 09/27/2012