Event Team Entertainment Reviews

Event Team Entertainment 5
Event Team Entertainment 6
Event Team Entertainment 7

Jamie · Married on 05/27/2017

I would not recommend anyone else. They were amazing. Good price for more than what you are going to get. All of them were on time, professional, had amazing music and sound. They even worked on a special entry with us. Most amazing night ever and would not have been that way without them. Also used there photo booth which was a huge hit.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/25/2016

DJ Shawn and his crew are perfection! Our wedding weekend consisted of two nights with Shawn and his crew and they brought the party each night! He really did his reasearch when it came to Bhangra and Hindi music as well as your traditional wedding and party music! He perfectly mixed the two and kept everyone on our timeline as well! He was also able to do some beautiful uplighting and designed a personalized monogram for our weekend which added to the overall feel and decor even more! If you want to have an amazing party people will be talking about for the next few weeks make sure you hire Event Team Entertainment!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Adonica · Married on 09/16/2016

If you have Shawn Whittemore working your wedding, it's going to be the best day ever. Shawn and his team were extremely professional from the day I met them. He understood our vision and brought it to life. I was completely blown away by how quickly he would respond to me through email with any questions I had. He was in charge of the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and it was absolutely perfect. The ceremony/cocktail hour was romantic and light-hearted, whereas the reception was an absolute party. No one left the dance floor. Not only did he play amazing music, he kept the night moving. He was energetic and such a great MC. I had friends/family come up to me all night and say how amazing the music and DJ was. I literally didn't have to worry about a thing. I don't think people realize how important a DJ is to a party. They basically run the show, and with Shawn, you can sit back and fully enjoy the day!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Anna · Married on 08/13/2016

My husband and I couldn’t have been happier with Event Team Entertainment. Let’s begin with the highlights.

1) They hold to a strict rule that whomever you do your consult with, he/she will be the DJ at your wedding; No switch-a-roos like some other companies.

2) It’s true this entertainment company comes at a higher price, but they do so for a reason. If you want 5-star entertainment, you have to pay for it.

3) My wife and I never felt bored or awkward and there was never a moment where we noticed a lack of flow. The DJ’s were on point at the ENTIRE night (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) with music, announcements, and fill-in entertainment that kept our guests on their toes.

4) We had 275 rowdy guests and Event Team handled it like champs.

5) If you need extras: up-lighting, TV's, projectors, etc.- they have it.

6) Our head DJ, Shawn, never hesitated to take our requests for additions or subtractions to playlists, slideshows, etc.- and we made a lot of them. In addition, he was always willing to make great suggestions for pieces we needed help with.

We had many people come up to us the night of and in the following days telling us it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to. Folks, Event Team’s entertainment was single-handedly one of TOP reasons we keep hearing this.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Jackie · Married on 07/09/2016

Jesse was great! He met with use twice prior to the wedding, to discuss details. He is very experienced with weddings of all types, so it was comforting having him on our team! The wedding went off without a hitch and everyone had a fantastic time.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Katey · Married on 06/18/2016

Shawn was Great!! I highly recommend him to all my Brides and anyone that I know needs a DJ/Master of Ceremony. Shawn kept the music going at all times, there was never any dead air and was my aka-Coordinator the day of my wedding. As a wedding photographer myself, I have been to many weddings. I feel that what keeps the party going is have a great DJ to get your guest up and dancing. Shawn is the right person to do that!

Sent on 09/10/2008

Molly · Married on 06/11/2016

Working with Shawn and Event Team Entertainment was a great experience! He didn't just provide the music for our wedding, he made sure that the whole event was a fun, memorable experience! My husband and I both live outside of Oregon, so all of our communication had to happen over the phone and via email. Shawn was extremely communicative, and we always felt confident that on the day of, he would be able to help us put on a great event, and we were not disappointment! Up until the day before the wedding I continued to ask for changes, whether it was our first dance that I wanted to change, or adding my brother as a live musician during the ceremony. Shawn made the changes seamless, and helped provide the necessary equipment for our live musical interlude. We received countless compliments during and after our wedding about how much fun it was, and so much of that is because of our DJ. Thank you, Event Team Entertainment!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Rosalyn · Married on 06/03/2016

This review is embarrassingly overdue, but I felt it was important to still do it.

I worked at a wedding venue for several years, and during that time, I saw my fair share of DJ’s. Shawn at Event Team was always my favorite. I knew that when I got married, he would be the DJ.

Well, this year, I did get married. And I did call him.
    And a handful of my co-workers also got married, and they also called him.
    I think that really says something about Shawn and the quality of his work. We all worked hundreds of weddings, and saw many different DJ’s – yet we all picked Event Team Entertainment.

Trust me when I tell you a DJ is what will make or break your wedding. Their energy, their personality, everything about them is crucial to the vibe of your big day. Picking a good DJ is likely the most important thing you do!

And Shawn and Event Team are amazing! He is so professional and so kind. From the very first phone call, he made us feel like we were the only couple he was working with. He has forms for you to fill out on his website ranging from must-play songs, to what order your bridal party should be announced in.

I felt completely at ease knowing it was in his hands. And he did not disappoint!

Due to a couple traffic accidents, we were late getting started with the ceremony, which threw off our entire timeline. But Shawn didn't skip a beat. Things got so rushed, that we weren't even going to get to enjoy our reception. Our departure time was quickly coming up, and we hadn't even gotten to just dance and relax. Well he and the venue talked, and decided to extend our time, in order to make our day. I can't thank them enough. That decision changed the course and our attitude about the whole evening. They truly saved the day.

Give him a call! He is the best in the biz. He will take good care of you!

Sent on 03/05/2017

What can I say?! Jesse Bearden ROCKED it! He did such an amazing job! The wedding went flawlessly and the transitions were seamless. My husband wanted karaoke at our wedding and Jesse was totally accommodating and to my surprise the karaoke was a total hit at our reception. He did a perfect job with sound support and music during the ceremony and had a perfect mix of music for my reception. Everyone had such a great time. I would happily recommend Jesse for any event. He made my wedding a hit!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Saundra · Married on 10/09/2015

We so appreciated working with Shawn and his team! He was great at communicating throughout the planning process. As the mother of the bride, I was especially happy with the way he covered every detail at the meetings, always genuinely concerned with what the bride and groom wanted. At the wedding , he was so professional and also engaging and fun. He really draws the guests together! We loved the things we were able to add to our package! The photo booth was a big hit with our friends and family and we have had so much fun looking at the book that was created from the evening. We brought all the materials and our guests placed their photos and greetings on the pages. We also chose the up lights for the space and the monogram above the bride and groom's table which added so much to the venue! I really can't say enough to express our thankfulness for Shawn and the great job he did for us. So much more than we expected and wonderful to work with!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Maggie · Married on 09/27/2015

Shawn was one of the very first people we booked, and he was by far one of the most valuable vendors at our wedding. Being a wedding vendor myself for the last 10 years has given me a special insight into events and weddings. I have seen over 300 weddings, and a large variety of DJs/MCs/Entertainers/etc. Time and again, Shawn and his team rise to the top, and now we have even more proof from our own wedding as to why they are THE BEST. You spend so much time and money planning, and then when the day arrives, you have such little control over the day. You have to be a bride and enjoy the day, and trust everyone else to make your plans come to life. You have to trust that vendors you selected will step up and do an incredible job. I not only trusted Shawn and his team, but I knew they would do an excellent job. They were professional, the sound was exceptional - even on a windy beach, they treated our guests with kindness and care, and they created the best environment to dance and party the night away. The biggest compliment I can give them is that I hardly recognized they were there. Everything was so flawless from them, that we were able to go and enjoy our guests and our day. What a gift! The only time we interacted with them was to keep the event rolling along. They would check in and make sure we knew what was coming up next, and they made our day unfold exactly as we had planned it. The fact that there was no complaints or issues, and they blended into the day so seamlessly is a testament to what an incredible talent they are. Your DJ/MC is a vital component to making a seamless and fun ceremony and reception. You want someone to take control of the schedule, and someone who will know exactly how to keep the flow of the day moving forward and in the direction you want. Shawn and his team are exceptional people and wildly talented and what they do. I promise you will be nothing but thankful you hired them.

Sent on 12/19/2015

I cannot possibly say enough good things about our experience with Shawn and Event Team Entertainment. All of our guests to a one have shared that our wedding was one of the very best parties they have ever attended. And, for that, we have Shawn and his team to thank. The music was flawless, the transitions were seamless, the professionalism was unerring and the party nearly took the roof off our venue. Every. Single. Person. Danced. There was not a single dead moment during the entire six hours from the beginning of the ceremony to the last encore song. I have attended a great many weddings and know that this is not necessarily a given. Shawn is responsive by e-mail, engaging in person, and a true showman at events. If and when we have another event or need to provide a recommendation we will definitely turn to Event Team for our event coordination and sound needs. Shawn is not just a DJ. He provides a full seamless experience acting as your very own master of ceremonies. He is all of the things that you will not get from a well-intentioned friend with an iPod. Hiring Shawn and his team was undoubtedly one of the very best decisions we made while planning our wedding. He is truly worth every penny. Our wedding would not have been the same without his expertise.

Sincerely,
    Emily & Robert

Sent on 11/05/2015

Kathryn · Married on 09/20/2015

I can say that Shawn literally saved my wedding. We had booked another DJ that failed to show up on our wedding day. Our planner/coordinator got in touch with Shawn who agreed to drop everything and come fill in for not only the reception, but also for the audio during the ceremony. With literally less than an hour’s notice he was there and had everything set up and going. And it was perfect. Everything was just how we wanted it (the right songs at the right time) and he was the perfect MC for our reception (gracefully making announcements to alert guests about what was happening next like cocktail hour time, speeches, and cake cutting). Afterwards he also sent us a recording of our ceremony, something I didn’t know we would get and can say I’m going to treasure forever. Had I known how amazing he would be I would have booked him in the first place!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Shawn did a great job at our wedding. He was one of only two DJs we reached out to and after meeting we knew it was the right choice for us. He was helpful with questions and planning along the way and on wedding day I knew I had nothing to worry about. He was great at reading our crowd to find the right tunes for us starting with classics and Motown to ending the night with some classic hip hop to keep me and my siblings dancing and singing the whole night!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Emily · Married on 07/04/2015

I can't even put into words how wonderful Shawn was at our wedding. He helped us out after a fiasco with another DJ and stepped in and blew our expectations out of the water. He helped guide guests to where they needed to be, made sure everything flowed perfectly and played the best music. Our dance floor was full for over four hours and I didn't leave it once. Everyone loved it and many people asked who the DJ was. Shawn is hands down a perfect choice. Hire this guy if you want a perfect wedding night!!!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Tasha · Married on 06/27/2015

Shawn was AMAZING! He responded to emails so quickly that it made us feel like we were his most important client. He did so much more than provide music for our reception and I would recommend him and Event Team every time! We had so many comments from guests saying we had the best wedding they had ever been too and I know Shawn had a lot to do with that!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Kelly · Married on 06/20/2015

We decided to have a DJ at our wedding kinda late in the game. Event Team Entertainment was on our venue's preferred vendor list and they had good reviews so I contacted them. We were set up with Neil Kirkpatrick and Sam. Ours was a destination wedding so we had to do meetings via Facetime and email. Shawn and Neil were great at helping us get our timeline in order! We added a photo booth option and they even designed a photo template from our wedding colors and other elements from our wedding (like the invites and favors). Neil and Sam were not only great at playing exactly what we wanted but he kept everything moving. Many commented how the whole night was seamless. The photo booth was a really fun addition and they had a ton of props. The DJs were professional and really cool and friendly. They nailed the music. We had some unusual music requests and it was not a problem. I was very happy we made this decision. If you're thinking of an iPod wedding (like we were) just reconsider it for your own good...I know it saves money but you get what you pay for. Think about it...someone has to man that thing and nobody is reading the room to change it up, if needed. Do you really want to worry about that on your wedding day? I am convinced that day wouldn't have been as fun an stress-free as it was if we had to worry about an iPod all evening. Event Team Entertainment made our wedding fun and seamless...exactly what we needed. And they are very responsive...a quick response from a vendor is just what a stressed out bride needs. Thank you so much, guys! You helped make this one of the best days of my life and you were a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 06/28/2015

logan · Married on 03/27/2015

Jesse from event team entertainment was Awesome from our first meeting with him through our wedding and still weeks after the wedding. He played bridal trivia and helped us find music and even got some songs into the reception that we wanted for certain people including a bone thugs in harmony song and it fit perfectly. This company is awesome and Jesse Rocked.

Sent on 04/13/2015

Marianne · Married on 01/18/2015

Jesse Bearden was our DJ. He has a great personality, and is non-judgemental when it comes to playing non-traditional and/or um, "interesting" song choices. He was really flexible with being able to meet in person, and very quick to respond via email/text/phone. Even though Jesse was our DJ, I did have contact with Shawn a few times (business end of things), and Shawn was great to work with as well.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Rodd · Married on 10/05/2014

Working with Shawn and his team at Event Team Entertainment was a real joy! Shawn was professional from start to finish. He took the time to really get to know us and understand what it was that we were looking for. From the initial gathering, to the ceremony and through the conclusion of the reception the whole day seemed seamless. Shawn asked us a lot of questions along the way and the time and energy he put into our wedding showed in a big way. Shawn really is more than just a DJ and our wedding would not have been as perfect without him. All of our guests raved about ‘The DJ’ and the things he did to keep everyone engaged the entire day. We absolutely recommend Shawn! Thank you Shawn!

Sent on 12/03/2014
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/28/2014

Shawn and Jesse created the BEST dance party at our wedding! We danced the night away with our family and friends and every song was a crowd pleaser that kept the party going! After personally attending many weddings with bad noise and feedback issues, this was something I was worried about. The sound was perfect and flawless! The vintage microphone added a unique and awesome touch, especially in the photos. The subtle, yet mastered direction from Shawn was great to keep the crowd in the know and interested. We didn't really have anything planned for our exit and Shawn encouraged everyone to make a tunnel for us to run down....Seriously so fun and a great lasting memory with awesome photos at the end of the best night of my life. Thanks Event Team! We love you guys and highly recommend you and your team!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Amy · Married on 08/31/2014

We worked with Shawn Whittemore from Event Team Management. He was awesome. We had a huge choir and a bunch of musicians for our outdoor ceremony - and he took care of all the complicated sound needs (microphones, speakers, sound mixing, etc.) Shawn also took care of the sound needs for our live band during our reception. And then on top of that, he was a fantastic DJ and MC for the entire evening. He was personable and genuine, and found the flow and feel of our wedding with incredible ease. We highly recommend Shawn and Event Team Management!!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Mary · Married on 08/30/2014

Our DJ was Jesse Bearden and we could not have been happier with him. We got married at an outdoor venue on August 30, 2014. The ceremony, dinner and reception took place in 3 different locations/buildings and everything sounded great and transitions were seamless.

It poured for hours in the morning, so when Jesse arrived early to set up the sound, we had constructed Plan B at an indoor location. After he had everything set up and had done sound checks (and less than 2 hours before the ceremony was set to start), the sky started to clear up so we made a last minute decision to move the ceremony back outside. Jesse & team tore down their equipment and had everything set up outside in time for the pre-ceremony music and the ceremony was perfect!

We loved the music selection during dinner - it was appropriate, but not cliche. Jesse interacted great with the guests and made sure everyone knew what was going on and when. He kept the guests informed well and the sound for the speeches was great.

The highlight was the reception though. Jessie obviously listened when we talked through the types of music and party we wanted and he incorporated everything we had talked about leading up to the wedding. He played a wide variety of music - from hip hop to polka to country - and all of it was well-timed. There were people on the dance floor the entire night, right up until the closing song at mid-night when we had 30-40 people still out on the dance floor.

Multiple people commented to us after the wedding how much fun it was and how great our DJ was. We met with Jesse once in person a few weeks before the wedding (he came to us, which was super convenient) and we had follow-ups via email after that. We always felt like he had everything under control and he added no stress to the weeks leading up to the wedding and the day of the wedding.

We would absolutely recommend Jesse and Event Team Entertainment and hope to be at a wedding they are working soon!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Mia · Married on 08/24/2014

Hiring Sean for our wedding was the smartest thing we did! Within our Romanian community it is very rare that we have DJ's at weddings, The norm is that a friend or family member of the couple will MC the event. We decided that we wanted to be risky and try something different! We didn't really know what to expect so we met with Sean (we had LOTS of QUESTIONS)! He was so patient and came prepared with lots of information on how he works! Boy, did that help!

Sean is very professional and he makes himself available to communicate easily! He responds to emails promptly! Sean made sure he was able to come to our rehersal and had his iPad with our songs for the ceremony ready. He stuck around until we were happy with everything!

On the day of the wedding Sean and his team came early to make sure everything was set-up to perfection. The photo station was also a hit with our guests! He made a template to match our wedding invitations, and had prints available for us, and each one of our guests! He had a ton of props available for our guests to have fun and express their silly side!

Sean knew how to capture the crowds attention! He spoke clearly with a pleasant voice so the guests would understand him! The music was played perfectly (not to loud and not to soft)! He followed our timeline and our requests of what needs to be done at the wedding! We had a few out of town guests that came from Australia and Romania and he made sure to make them feel extra welcomed! Everyone Loved Sean and his team, and at the same time they were expressing to us that it was a great idea to have a DJ! I think we started a good trend! Hopefully you will have lots of people contacting you Sean!

I also want to add that Sean and his team came dressed professionally, they were well groomed, and everyone always had a smile on their faces!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Having Shawn and his team be apart of our wedding was the best decision we made! Shawn literally made the wedding a hit! He was so professional, reliable and FUN! Everyone we talked to after our wedding couldn't stop talking about how incredible our DJ was! I would recommend him and his team to anyone looking for a fun DJ!

Sent on 09/06/2014