Event Painting by Katherine Reviews

183 | Brooklyn, NY

183 Reviews for Event Painting by Katherine

Curtis · Married on 07/03/2016

We could not have been happier with choosing to have Katherine paint our wedding. Everyone, including us, loved going back to see the progress throughout the night. She was always quick to answer our questions and is one of the nicest people we've ever met. The finished product was absolutely perfect and now hangs as the center piece of our living room. It's nice to come home and have a wonderful memory greeting you every day.

If you're thinking you want a live event painter at your wedding, stop searching and call Katherine! She is incredibly talented and her schedule fills up quickly, so book early.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2016

Ok, I mean this was the biggest hit from our wedding! Not only do you leave with this AMAZING painting of your first dance with your husband, but everyone could not wait to see the final masterpiece. Katherine is such a sweetheart and so amazing to work with. My venue was extremely far from where she lived and even pregnant, managed to get all the way out to me and did such an amazing job. The next morning she delivered our painting and all my family members were snapping photos of it to show it off to people. Finding this was so special because who wouldn't want their first dance captured in this way!!! My painting is hanging above my bed and every time someone comes into our bedroom, people LOVE it! I highly recommend using Katherine, I have seen other live painters out there and I truly believe they do not compare to the quality of her work! Use her, you'll be so excited !!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/11/2016

If I could give 10 stars I would! Katherine was absolutely amazing, from the moment we exchanged emails. Guests were AMAZED that she was sitting their painting our first dance at our wedding and we were able to have a keep sake from such an beautiful day. I can't say enough great things about Katherine and the work that she does. I have seen some "imitations" out there of live paintings and you can't even compare their work to Katherine's. Check out her instagram I still love to see the amazing work she creates! If you are looking for some different at your wedding definitely choose her!

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2016

Katherine is absolutely amazing and incredibly talented! What an unique way to capture a special moment of your special day with a phenomenal painting that you will treasure forever!!! Having her at the wedding and having your guests watch what beautiful work she does was such an incredible experience and something they will talk about forever!! I will always recommend her!!!

Sent on 12/17/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/14/2016

I purposely booked my wedding date around Katherine's schedule because I knew I wanted one of her masterpieces and she sure delivered! She truly captured the moment brilliantly and we were thrilled to hang this timeless piece of art in our living room for all to see. Our guests are still raving about her work and what a unique and special treat it was watching her.

Kaitlin · Married on 04/01/2016

We got the idea for a live painter from a co-worker and saw Katherine had great reviews so we hired her. She did not disappoint! We had great communication up front, discussing what elements we wanted to see in the painting and just put our trust in her. She was at the venue early to start painting background details and as all the guests filtered in, they were surprised to see what she was working on and curious how it would turn out. She worked throughout the evening and at one point later in the evening I walked by and glanced over and did a double take. It looked EXACTLY like me! And she picked a perfect scene to paint of us dancing and me in mid-spin. It was amazing. She must've worked throughout the night because she delivered a finished product the next morning at brunch and it was perfect! All of our guests were in awe and have told us multiple times that it was the best/coolest idea ever. My husband and I agree - definitely some of the best wedding money spent - a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork that will last us the rest of our lives!

Sent on 04/14/2016

Emily · Married on 12/19/2015

The painting that Katherine created for us is absolutely stunning. We LOVE it, and our guests have not stopped talking about it. We even made it the cover of our thank you cards. I cannot thank Katherine enough for her time and her talent that she put into painting such a beautiful piece of art that depicts the night just perfectly.

Robin · Married on 12/12/2015

I saw Katherine's painting online and knew I had to have her paint for our wedding. One of the highlights of our wedding for sure! Katherine is professional and amazingly talented. Our guests were in awe of her painting during the reception and amazed at the final result which she presented at brunch the next day. The detail in the painting was incredibly accurate. This was the best money we spent on the wedding and we can not thank Katherine enough for her piece of art that we will treasure in our home forever. I highly recommend her!!

Kathryn · Married on 12/05/2015

Katherine's work is incredible! My guests were so impressed with her work, it made for great entertainment during the reception as well as a great keepsake for after the wedding. I highly recommend her!

Brew · Married on 11/14/2015

Katherine was outstanding! I wish I could book her again.

Sent on 12/22/2016

Lydia · Married on 10/30/2015

Katherine is amazing! My 2 men of honor gifted her services to me as a wedding gift surprise. All of our guests were blown away by her work, and you know she's good when even the staff was coming up and taking pictures of her work at the end of the night! Book her, you won't regret it!!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Stephanie · Married on 10/24/2015

Katherine did an amazing job capturing our wedding in the live event painting. Our guests came up and spoke to her throughout the night, and they loved experiencing watching her bring our wedding to life on canvas. She was able to finish the painting so we could have it on display at the brunch the next morning, and it was all anyone could talk about! Everyone was extremely impressed by her work. Katherine was great to work with, she was easy to talk to get everything set up. I recommend that everyone have Katherine do the live event painting at their wedding because it is truly one of the best things to have. We have already hung it up and love looking at it to remember our wedding. Thank you Katherine!!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Lindsay · Married on 10/17/2015

This was given to us as a gift--a very thoughtful and original gift. My guests were captivated by her talent and went over to see her progress throughout the night..You will be so impressed with her detail! I posted a photo of the painting on Facebook and I was immediately asked for the artists details. I'm amazed and can't wait to hang it on my wall. In my opinion...skip the photo booth, it's been done. This is truly special!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Sharyn · Married on 10/16/2015

My experience working with Katherine was excellent! There are a few live wedding painters out there, Katherine's portfolio is by far the best. My husband and I knew immediately that this would be something we would treasure forever and that Katherine was the one. Our painting is absolutely AMAZING!!! We can not thank Katherine enough for the treasure she created for us!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Lisa · Married on 10/09/2015

Katherine is amazing. The portrait she created for our wedding is absolutely breathtaking. Guests loved watching her paint and interacting with her during the reception; also having her there added a unique element to the evening which everyone loved.
    We cannot thank Katherine enough for her time, talent and hard work.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Katherine is amazing and so, so talented. I found her/her work through Instagram and I knew I needed her to live event paint our first dance. She was easy to work with and a pleasure to have as part of our special day. Even though the wedding day goes so quickly, it was really important to me to remember the painting process. I found myself walking by multiple times throughout the night to check on the progress and see our piece of art come to life. It's one of my fondest memories from our special day.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Jamie · Married on 09/26/2015

Katherine is an insanely talented artist, who perfectly captured the first dance I shared with my husband. I will forever treasure the painting she created of my wedding. The image realistically captures the emotion and ambiance of the room. I would highly recommend having Katherine for any of my friends!

Chelsea · Married on 09/20/2015

We loved having Katherine paint at our wedding. I think this is the PERFECT gift to give to a close friend or family member or to have at your own wedding. I would highly recommend hiring her. She is truly talented and very easy to work with. Guests loved to watch her paint throughout the night. While having a live artist paint at your wedding is not a "must have", she created a beautiful painting that captured the evening perfectly. The details of my dress, the parents of the bride and groom, and the venue itself were spectacular. We cannot wait to hang it in our new home together for years to come. I also enjoyed working with Katherine because she was extremely flexible in making a few touch ups to the painting for us so that we could be 100% satisfied.

Sent on 02/16/2016

Once I saw one of Katherine's paintings online, I knew I needed to have her on our big day. Katherine is nothing short of amazing! She was so easy to work with and very responsive leading up to my wedding. My guests were in AWE!! So many of them came up to my fiancé and I completely impressed. Having her there was one of the highlights of the night. Her work is extraordinary and we couldn't have been happier. One of the best parts was that she finished the painting in time for us to showcase it at our brunch the next day. Our guests were able to see the final product, and it was really special. I would recommend Katherine if you are looking for an unforgettable way to capture your special day!!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Tiffany · Married on 09/12/2015

I am so thankful that I had Katherine at our wedding painting our first dance. The painting is incredible and the best part is that we will have it forever. It was also amazing for us and our guests to have Katherine there painting throughout the night. Our guests were in awe and are still talking about it now, months later. Katherine was wonderful to deal with before, during and after the wedding. She answered my many questions and dealt with my indecisive about what and where she would paint professionally. I love the finished product. You are getting so much for your money with Katherine--an amazing keepsake, as well as a source of entertainment for your wedding guests. I also must say that while live event painting may be growing and more artists may be becoming available, for me, there was no substitute for Katherine's distinct and beautiful style.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Alison · Married on 09/06/2015

We had Katherine as a live event painter at our wedding in Brooklyn, NY at the Liberty Warehouse. Katherine was so easy to work with and let us know exactly what to expect on our big day. She provided an amazing spectacle for our guests - you really cant believe how good she is - as well as the ultimate wedding keepsake. We look like we are going to dance right off the page (check it out for yourself #OnCloudKlein9615 on her instagram)!! Highly highly recommend.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Thomas · Married on 09/01/2015

One of the most talented, and present people to work with. Our original event watercolor painting was fantastic. I plan on using Katherine's service as future wedding gifts

Sent on 12/22/2015

Christina · Married on 08/30/2015

Katherine is the best!!! She provides a special touch to your event!! We were beyond thrilled with our decision to book her for our wedding!!! The guests loved it but not as much as we did!! They are all still talking about how unique and gorgeous our painting is!!! Please book her ASAP you will have the most amazing experience!!! At the end of the day you will have a beautiful piece of artwork to admire everyday!!! Katherine is extremely professional, organized, friendly and extremely talented!!! You will not be disappointed...thanks again Katherine!!!! Hope to have you at a future event soon!!!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Corey · Married on 08/28/2015

The live painting that Katherine did at our wedding is by far the greatest highlight of the night. Her work is truly amazing - she captured our first wedding dance perfectly. Our guests were amazed by her talent and enjoyed looking at the progression of the painting throughout the night. Katherine presented the finished work to us at the brunch the morning after our wedding. I couldn't believe she finished it so quickly and everything was flawless. Our guests loved coming over to look at the painting that morning and said they have never seen anything quite like it. Such a unique feature to have at your wedding - something your guests will enjoy and something the bride and groom can treasure forever. I cannot wait to hang this up in our new home! I highly recommend using Katherine at your wedding. She is so professional, responsive and her work is just perfect.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Nicole · Married on 08/21/2015

Katherine was wonderful! My husband initially had a hard time understanding why I wanted to have a life event painter and was against the idea. After much convincing and the help of my bridal party, we asked Katherine to be our painter and we could not be any happier we did! Katherine sent us a detailed questionnaire regarding different topics that we wanted/did not want in our portrait. It was so much fun watching the portrait transform throughout the night. Katherine really captured every detail of the room and portrayed our emotion in the painting perfectly! We are so excited to have this painting hanging in our living room. Thank you Katherine for your amazing work!!

Sent on 11/22/2015