Event Floral Reviews

67 | Loves Park, IL

67 Reviews for Event Floral

Heather · Married on 10/10/2009

Deb had wonderful ideas and really took the time to figure out what I wanted for my wedding. Deb included many special touches and her team thought of some very unique ideas! I've had tons of compliments on my decorations.

Sent on 11/02/2009

Event Floral's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! You are a joy to work with. Please let me know if there is anything else we can ever do for you.

Sabrina · Married on 10/06/2012

There were a few things that we had talked about that were not done, but they were somewhat minor.... Overall, they did a BEAUTIFUL job with all the flowers!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Mari · Married on 07/05/2008

I ended up changing my florist at the last minute from someone I didn't feel comfortable with to the people at Event Floral. Debra was very accommodating especially considering we met for the first time less than 2 months before the wedding! I was also looking for someone who could understand what I wanted without me telling her exactly what flowers (since I don't know much about flowers). She was able to understand what I wanted by how I described the feel of my wedding. The only "complaint" I had was that the topper for my cake was not as large as I had hoped, but it still looked pretty. Deb was wonderful and my flowers were beautiful! I felt that they really went out of their way to make my day special.

Sent on 07/12/2008

Event Floral's reply:

You are a sweetheart! Thank you for the wonderful review! Please let us know if we can do anything else for you!

Jane · Married on 10/15/2016

We worked with Erin at Event Floral. I loved that she was able to do all of the decorations, linens, and flowers all in one person. We met with her and gave her some ideas, some of which seemed too dreamlike to be true. She executed our ideas and made our wedding look like a fairytale. Seriously, it came out much better than even we imagined it would be. Our guests were complimenting the decorations the entire night, and some of the staff also said that our wedding was one of the most well-done weddings they have seen at the venue.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Kristin · Married on 01/22/2011

Deb and the girls at Event Floral were great to work with! You can tell Deb loves what she does. The flowers were gorgeous and photographed beautifully! The only downfall to Event Floral was that 2 of our coursages had flowers fall off the before the end of the church ceremony. :(

Sent on 11/09/2011
  • Kimberlee

Kimberlee · Married on 02/28/2010

The flowers were beautiful!!! Everything i wanted. I didnt provide a picture so when i went to check a few days before the wedding they were not exactly what i wanted but they were very accomidating and tweeked them perfectly! thanks so much!!

Sent on 06/01/2010

Lori · Married on 06/30/2007

3.0

My flowers were absolutely everything i ever wanted!!!

Sent on 11/20/2008

Event Floral's reply:

So glad you came to us for your wedding flowers!
    Thank you!

Corinne · Married on 10/19/2013

All I had to do was provide an idea and my colors and they took care of the rest! My centerpieces were beautiful as were the bouquets and aisle decorations. The grooms flowers were made from shotgun shells which were a big hit!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2010

3.0

We ordered 10 very simple centerpieces from her and they gave us a great deal. They were delivered early and looked fantastic. It is a little crazy when you go in to work with her but I think pictures would help. I highly suggest calling to confirm everything is correct week of. I'm only giving 4 out of 5 stars because they don't think of everything, I had to bring up drop-off times, pick-up times etc. and arrange all of that myself.

Sent on 06/20/2011

Jamie · Married on 08/12/2017

2.5

We got so many compliments on our flowers, which says a lot considering our floral budget was small compared to most weddings. I was afraid my bridal bouquet would be small with our budget, but it was very full and actually weighed about 5lbs. My bridesmaids and I were joking that we should have been lifting weights to prepare for holding our bouquets for photos. The centerpieces turned out better than I ever dreamed. Erin even attached my something old to my bouquet for me, tiny photo charms of my horse who passed away so he could walk me down the aisle.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Paula · Married on 04/30/2011

3.5

Event floral provided all of the flowers for my April wedding in Beloit, Wi The staff is all highly creative. I came prepared to my first meeting armed with dozens of pictures of bouquets, centerpieces, etc. I gave Deb an idea of my style and theme and let her and her staff work their magic and I was thrilled with the results. They are worth every penny!

Sent on 06/01/2011

I was definitely happy with my flowers and in the end would totally work with them again. They're so excited and enjoy what they do, however don't leave much room for you to say you don't like something. Once you do though, they're happy to fix things. Wish they honed in more on exactly what you ask for, but things turned out just fine.

Sent on 07/15/2012

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2012

3.5

Event Floral really helped because not only did they do all of my flowers, but they also did my centerpieces too! I'd rather pay to rent their stuff than buy it myself and have 20 vases leftover. It wasn't cheap, but for what we got, it was worth it. I was a lot less stressed because I felt confident that they would take care of everything.

Sent on 07/26/2012

Mariah · Married on 06/20/2009

3.8
      3.5

Event floral was very kind, but did not take time to get to know exactly what you wanted as a bride. I went in for a second consultation and she thought I was visiting for the first time. She had no idea who I was, then she found my paper work.

When I saw my bridal bouqet I did not like it. I didn't provide a picture of waht I wanted, but the month before the wedding I called in to tell them that I had wanted an entirely white bouqet and my bouqet ended up being blue and white. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK TRIPLEY TO MAKE SURE THEY DO WAHT YOU WANT.

Sent on 07/23/2009

Event Floral's reply:

Thank you for your comments. We do see a lot of Brides (approx. 8 per week) and I apologize for not recognizing you right away.
    As for your bouquet I'm sorry we added a touch of blue when you wanted all white. When you came in the day before to see it we still could have had time to change it if you wanted us to. That's why we have Brides come in to view the flowers before the wedding.
    Thank you for the privilege of working with you on your wedding.

Leah · Married on 08/08/2009

3.2
      2.0

After meeting with several florists, I chose Event Floral because Deb's personality & attitude made me REALLY excited about my wedding and flowers! She was enthusiastic and seemed to know exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately, although I made many phone calls and trips out there to make sure we were on the same page....many of the arrangements were not what we talked about. Still pretty, but basically Event floral changed the colors of my wedding! It was supposed to be a white & baby blue wedding...but all of my bouquets & centerpieces ended up having lots of dark DARK blue and purple in them! I was also REALLY excited about what we talked about for my centerpieces...but when I got to the reception place the vases (which were supposed to have strings of pearls in them) were filled with greenish beads??? Bottom line: very enthusiastic, and FUN to work with...but I'm not sure if they listen to a word you say.

Sent on 01/18/2011
  • markandnicole2009

Nicole · Married on 08/01/2009

2.8
      2.0

Let me first start off by saying that the flowers turned out beautiful, but as of the day before my wedding when I was supposed to go see what they had made for me and approve everything, I did not have ANY flowers! They had lost my paperwork and supposedly Debbie said that she hadn't heard anything from me, so she thought the wedding was cancelled. Funny that I was in meeting with her to go over everything a final time before she ordered the flowers only a week and a half before this! And amazingly the girl who was there when I was coming to approve my flower arrangments found my paperwork after only about 2 minutes of looking! We did end up with flowers the next day, and they were beautiful, but they didn't even deliver them to me in my hotel room like they were supposed to and just set them in the reception room. I would have liked a chance to look them over with someone from the company there incase there were any problems!

Sent on 08/18/2009

Nicole,
    I'm so glad you were pleased with the flowers for your wedding! We have a great staff. I am sorry that we did not have them ready for you to view the day before and so sorry the delivery person did not take the flowers up to your hotel room.
  • User2692006 · 2+ years ago

2.6
      1.0
      2.0

Deb is all over the place. There were countless times that we had appointments that we'd show up for that she didn't remember she had, so we were rushed through the appointment. She did not write anything down, and things were forgotten. My mother's corsage was wrong and we didn't have the flowers for the flower ceremony delivered; someone had to go get them. She does use spray paint quite a bit. The end result was fabulous, though. And her pricing is very good. If you can deal with the craziness and remember to take deep breaths while working with her and can keep her on track, I would definitely recommend using them. The flowers looked absolutely amazing.

Sent on 10/03/2012