Event Entertainment Reviews

286 | Reisterstown, MD

286 Reviews for Event Entertainment

Holly · Married on 11/11/2016

I had the privilege of working with Dave, the owner of Event Entertainment. While planning our wedding, I quickly realized that vendors really lack communication. I can say that Dave was the ONLY vendor that was very communicative. He would respond to my emails right away, and answer all of my questions (another thing I realized, some vendors wouldn't answer all questions). Our makeup artist/friend recommended Event Entertainment and I am so happy that she did. We wanted a fun wedding, and we got that with Dave. Everyone was dancing right from the start and that was important to me. Dave was very professional and even had his wife at our wedding to help out. She recorded a lot of our wedding, and we received a very nice video. Dave met up with us at the venue during our tasting, so he could make sure he had the proper cord to connect to their system for the cocktail hour. A week prior to our wedding we met again, and he went over songs that we wanted, or didn't want played. It was nice, because he even asked if I had a song from my college years that he should play. Dave was even flexible when we weren't sure if the weather would be decent enough to have our ceremony outside. It is hard trying to decide which vendors to go with while planning a wedding, unless someone is recommended. We would highly recommend Event Entertainment and even had several people tell us how great our DJ was.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Kelly · Married on 10/28/2016

My husband and I would like to thank Event Entertainment for making our daughter’s wedding day a day we will remember for the rest of our lives. Dave and his wife Helen truly know the entertainment business and we cannot thank them enough for making the evening a night our guest will not forget. They truly know how to engage the crowd and keep the evening upbeat and fun. We would also like to thank Event Entertainment for offering photography services are part of their package. Rob G. is an extremely talented photographer and made everyone feel at ease while taking photos of the bridal party getting ready to the traditional and fun photos before, during and after the ceremony. Thank you again for everything. We are truly grateful to work with such professionals and will would definitely recommend your services to anyone looking for a professional, upbeat company. Sincerely Jim and Michele P.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Karen · Married on 10/23/2016

We considered Event Entertainment for our DJ services based on a friend's recommendation. After reading several online reviews and watching videos on their website, we decided to book them for our October wedding in Taneytown, MD. We made sure to specifically request DJ Dave Holmes, and it ended up being the best decision ever. Throughout the planning process, DJ Dave was extremely professional and responsive. We especially loved Event Entertainment's planning website, which ensured that we were all on the same page regarding song preferences, reception logistics, etc. About a month before the wedding, we met with Dave in person to finalize any last-minute details and go over things like name pronunciations. During the reception, Dave was an excellent MC...he said just enough without distracting from the main events. Once our guests made it to the dance floor after dinner, nobody left. Dave really knows how to keep the party going and feel out a crowd. Several guests told us that they were planning to take a break to get another drink or use the restroom, but as soon as one good song ended, another good song started, and they didn't want to leave! Other guests have told us that Dave was the best DJ they've ever seen at a wedding. And we agree! Dave Holmes with Event Entertainment is a great DJ for a great value.

Susie · Married on 10/08/2016

The company Event Entertainment truly stands to its name! If you need a DJ, Videographer, Photographer and Photobooth please use this company! I had them all through Event Entertainment and It was absolutely easy throughout the entire process. last thing you need on your wedding day is to contact multiple vendors when instead all you have to do is ask Dave! Best EVER!! Now onto DJ Dave! He is absolutely professional and makes sure that you are 100% satisfied with all of your choices at you pre wedding consultation meeting. By the time of your wedding, you have nothing to worry about because Dave has taken care of it. He monitors the other vendors that were booked with in Event Entertainment to make sure that they are on time so you won't have to worry about that! Dave is truly an amazing DJ and makes sure to get the crowd moving and grooving the entire night! Please pick Dave as your DJ!The photo booth that I had was absolutely awesome and I had so many people take pictures, I was so happy to make that choice! The quality and the detail was perfect also, there were SO many props to choose from a it's definitely a great time! For the Videographer Alex, Dave assigned him to me and I must say I absolutely lucked out! Alex was so professional and so detail oriented, he truly made me thankful to have him as my Videographer. Plus, the "movie" that I got. Ask for my wedding made me cry more than at my wedding. It was truly touching and I couldn't ask for anything else! My photographer was Nizam and he knocked it out of the ball park! I had Nizam and his assistant taking pictures throughout the getting process until the end of the wedding night. I had soooo many pictures and I was extremely happy with every single one.

Susie · Married on 10/08/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/08/2016

We worked with DJ Brandon for our fall 2016 wedding in Thurmont, MD! Brandon was amazing to work with- easy going and very responsive. The website for selecting music and adding event schedules, etc. was very easy to use, and their prices are very fair as well. The music for event was absolutely perfect, and Brandon was amazing!!! I highly recommend Event Entertainment, especially DJ Brandon, for your wedding or celebration!!!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Ramona · Married on 10/02/2016

DJ Dave was very professional and accommodating. His prices are very affordable and he did a great job at our wedding. He is also very thoughtful and can roll with the punches when last minute changes are made. My grandparents were added to the list (last minute) to walk into the reception room with us and he reacted quickly by jotting down their names and asking us to verify the proper pronunciation of their names. He pronounced their names fairly well for someone who does not speak Korean!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Kelli · Married on 10/01/2016

We used Brandon from Event Entertainment for our October 1st wedding and we couldn't be happier! From start to finish he did a great job. We met with him twice prior to the wedding and he was always available to answer questions leading up to the day. He cared about the type of music we wanted and how we wanted the day to flow. Overall, we loved the mix of music he chose. There was something for everyone. Also, we appreciated that Event Entertainment was pretty affordable for the Baltimore area but they didn't sacrifice quality. We highly recommend Brandon and the Event Team!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Kristina · Married on 09/30/2016

From the moment we sent our first email to Dave inquiring about his services, he was extremely responsive and appeared genuinely excited and prepared to help us make our wedding day everything we wanted and more. That on top of his reasonable prices made him a no brainer choice for us. Dave’s responsiveness to all of questions and requests never changed and he always worked to ensure that everything is what we wanted. I had a few surprises for my husband and he made sure that my husband did not find out about them and confirmed those details via email with me. On the day of the event, he arrived with plenty of time to set up and ensure everything was functioning properly. Our minister is soft spoken and that with a windy, outdoor wedding, he was able to ensure our guests could hear our ceremony by providing a small microphone and speaker. We gave Dave the freedom play the music he felt would keep our guests dancing, and he did an amazing job because our dance floor was never empty!
    Dave’s wife was also in attendance to assist him, and she was just as amazing as he was. We found out after our wedding, that during our ceremony, one of grandparents was cold, and Dave’s wife took it upon herself to give up her coat to ensure that our grandparent was comfortable. She was generous enough to allow our grandparent to wear the jacket until the time that our grandparent left. Dave and his wife were so amazing to work with and made it their goal to ensure our day was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Debbie · Married on 09/24/2016

Event Entertainment played a big part in the absolutely perfect day for my daughters wedding, from start to finish. The DJ Brandon was excellent. Very professional, while being very personalable and also making it such a priority attending to the bride and grooms needs. Highly recommend getting the uplighting and photo booth. Which was such a huge success and so much fun for our guests. With Brandon, definitely feeling as if we were family.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Valerie · Married on 09/24/2016

I was so excited to be able to hire a Dj and Photographer all in one package. I was a little concerned at first, and was not sure what to expect. My Dj Phil, was awesome, he was super helpful and walked through every aspect of my ceremony/reception the week before. I definitely felt at ease knowing that he was so well versed on everything. Our Photographer Nizam was also awesome, he understood how important the photographs were to us and made sure to capture as many as he could throughout the night. I cannot wait to see the shots he got.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Janine · Married on 09/17/2016

My son's wedding was at Grey Rock Mansion. We had to find a new DJ about three weeks before the wedding. My son and his wife had been at a friend's wedding recently and Dave Holmes' DJ company did a great job at the event.
    We contacted Dave who immediately responded and notified us that DJ Steve was available. He was amazing! He was in contact with the bride and groom several times and made the whole process seemless. He provided cordless microphones for the ceremony and did some uplighting in the tent for dinner. He was very professional and the dance floor was full all night. Thank you Steve!!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Jonathan · Married on 09/16/2016

DJ Brandon provided us exactly what we wanted. We gave him a list of music to get a feel for what we wanted and it was right on the money. Planning a wedding from the opposite coast provided challenges but the DJ situation was one that was easy to plan and provided a perfect night.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Hilary · Married on 08/27/2016

It was absolutely great working with Dave and we are so thankful for the fantastic job he did as our wedding DJ. He was very responsive leading up to the event and took the time to meet with us a few days beforehand to go over the final details. He brought a great energy and was able to keep us on schedule throughout the night to help everything run smoothly. Our guests were on the dance floor all night! We would definitely be recommend Event Entertainment to anyone looking for a professional, experienced, and fun DJ for their event.

Sent on 09/01/2016

John · Married on 08/06/2016

DJ Dave Holmes was easy to work with and exceeded our expectations of a DJ. He was very accommodating of our special requests. He played appropriate music for the dinner and dancing. The music was not too loud so it was still easy to have conversations during dinner. He was dressed appropriately for the event.

We would definitely use him again and recommend his services to others.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Kristin · Married on 07/16/2016

I cannot thank Event Entertainment enough for all of their hard-work for my wedding on July 16, 2016. DJ Dave Holmes was AMAZING! He met with my husband and I before the wedding to go over all the details! He wanted to make sure that he had everything correct before the day of. We weren't exactly sure of what music to play during the ceremony, but Dave had a whole bunch of ideas to help us decide! We also decided to use their photography and photo booth services. These services were just as exceptional as the DJ service!! Rob was our photographer and he was just outstanding! Very professional, but very relaxed at the same time! He took AMAZING pictures and returned them to us on a CD very fast!! The photo booth was a BIG hit with my family. They loved all the props and the fact that everyone got their own copy of the pictures. I received a CD 2 weeks later that had all of the photo booth pictures on it. Dave even took a video of the wedding which was GREAT because I didn't even think of that. I also received a DVD of the video that was made! I enjoyed each and every picture. My day was captured perfectly and I am so happy that I had Event Entertainment there to help make my special day perfect!!

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/26/2016

DJ Dave Holmes was wonderful! He was friendly and respected all of our requests. We had guests of many different ages and backgrounds, and Dave played music that appealed to everyone. He was also flexible when we had last minute schedule changes and helped ensure the wedding ran smoothly. Everyone keeps telling us how much fun they had.

Sent on 07/15/2016

DJ Brandon did a great job at our wedding! He went above the duties of a DJ - asking if we needed drinks while we were taking pictures, keeping us on schedule, giving us a CD with all of our must-play songs, etc. We had a packed dance floor and several people commented on how fun the music was. I didn't have to worry about a thing on the day-of, Brandon set everything up for both our ceremony and reception, and made sure everyone who needed a microphone, had one. He was flexible and always kind (even when dealing with a stressed out bride)! We would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Brandon was our DJ, and he was great! He gave great suggestions, had a complimentary CD for us after the wedding, and even during the wedding went so far as to ask if there was anything we needed. He was very personable, friendly, and professional. We loved working with him and Event Entertainment.

Sent on 07/13/2016

We were so pleased with DJ Dave for our wedding reception! He was very professional, flexible and fun to work with! He even came over a few days ahead of time to see the layout and go over some logistics! What really impressed us was that he truly enjoyed his "job" as DJ! And he had a perpetual smile the entire evening! His wife ran the photo booth and she was lovely and helpful as well.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Rebecca · Married on 06/03/2016

He was wonderful! He met with us and was really patient as we took time figuring out songs we wanted!

Sent on 06/21/2016
  • User6190344 · 2+ years ago

Great experience with event entertainment! Steve was an awesome DJ and working with Dave to set everything up was great as well. I would recommend them :)

Sent on 06/21/2016

Katie · Married on 06/03/2016

Dave Holms was a phenomenal DJ! Everyone loved him. He respected our values and wishes. Throughout the night he was good about sticking to our timeline and was able to go with the flow when the apron dance took longer than expected! My husband and I had a first dance made of several mixed songs and Dave had no problem working with the CD we provided for him. In addition to his services the night of, Dave provided us with a 22 minute edited video within 24 hours of our wedding. This was a total surprise and such a great touch!

We look forward to the videography video in the upcoming weeks. The videographer was also on top of his game the night of our wedding. He made sure he arrived early to capture our first look!

My husband and I look forward to reccomending Event Entertainment to all of our friends and family.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Chrissy · Married on 05/27/2016

Great music selection, made for a fun reception! The video of the day was such a wonderful bonus, we've already watched it numerous times and sent to guests who've enjoyed it as well!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Tiffany · Married on 05/14/2016

Dave was awesome!! Helped put together the music for my fathers daughter dance and was just an email away! We met 2 weeks before the wedding so he knew what we wanted and everyone had a great time! I would highly recommend his services.

Sent on 06/23/2016