Event Dynamics Reviews

Event Dynamics 3
Event Dynamics 4
Event Dynamics 5

Priscila · Married on 08/24/2012

My wonderful florist recommended Bobby and Event Dynamics and we could not be more pleased and happier with Bobby and his company. He did a great wonderful job giving our Wedding Venue (reception area) a special touch! My husband was the one talking to him and he REALLY liked Bobby. He did EXACTLY what I wanted and he made a "miracle" on some details that I hated on our venue reception area. We even got some tips for our Honeymoon trip from Bobby! We highly recommend Bobby and Event Dynamics! Great work! Thank you Bobby for everything you did before and the day our wedding.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Erin · Married on 08/04/2012

Event Dynamics were great! They turned the room into exactly what we were looking for and made it look even better than we could have imagined! We worked with Bobby and he was very responsive and gave us a lot of suggestions and help with what we were looking for with our lighting.

Sent on 09/19/2012

Jessica · Married on 08/04/2012

I am aware I am writing this two years late, but I have to write reviews now that I finally got around to purchasing my album and re-realizing just how truly spectacular all of my vendors were!

And Event Dynamics was just that - spectacular. Initially I had thought, "Oh, I don't need lighting, the Peabody Library will look beautiful enough on it's own." And while the Peabody Library is absolutely stunning, Event Dynamics took it to a whole other level.

I had peach-colored lights that lit up the columns and white spotlights on my flowers and just wow! When I walked into the room after our cocktail hour my breath was just taken away. The whole room had a glow to it that still is very vibrant in my memories (clearly, since I'm writing this many months later).

You could get away without lighting at your event, but I wouldn't if I were you. It redefines the whole space and turns it into something even you can't picture until you're in it. So, thanks Event Dynamics! I am grateful for your help in making my day so beautiful.

Sent on 04/13/2014

Laura & Patrick · Married on 07/21/2012

Bobby Dill with Event Dynamics was great to work with for our wedding. He was able to work with us and recommend the lighting we needed and liked for a beautiful setting. Everything looked perfect! Thank you, Bobby!

Sent on 09/11/2012
  • Lady Dyson

Kimberly · Married on 05/20/2012

Great company! My platform and steps for my ceremony was so elegant and clean. It was truly the setting I needed for the mood I wanted to create! Also, the up-lighting and pin lighting was GORGEOUS! The one thing that truly stood out was the Signature Custom Gobo on the dance floor....OMG!!! EXQUISITE!!! I feel like my money was well spent and that I probably should owe you more! Thank you for your professionalism and patience with my calls and for being very attentive to my requests. I would definitely recommend and utilize your services again.

Event Dynamics....You have ILLUMINATED my heart with precious memories!!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Julia · Married on 05/12/2012

Great company! They work with your budget and are extremely accommodating. The venue looked great!

Sent on 05/31/2012
  • W

Ellen · Married on 03/03/2012

Events Dynamics provided the perfect lighting for our daughter's wedding at the George Peabody Library on 03/03/12. This is a vendor whom the customer may never actually meet in person----arrangements are made by email or phone, and the lighting is set up and tweaked before the guests enter the ceremony and reception. Nevertheless, it was possible to have an excellent working relationship with Bobby because of his professionalism, promptness in responding, great suggestions, excellent knowledge of the venue, and great skill. We did feel that the lighting was an important enhancement to the beauty of the Peabody Library. Bobby's lighting plan created a magnificent and unique setting, first for the ceremony, and then for the dinner reception--same room, but with different lighting effects, each appropriate to the activitiy. The pinlights on the low silver bowls full of gorgeous, open red roses made the flowers "pop" into the beautiful elegance of the Library. The uplighting of the columns and the illumination of the dance floor added immensely to the atmosphere our daugther and son-in-law wanted to achieve. The lighting definitely helped make the setting a "Wow!" for us and for our guests!

Sent on 05/05/2012

Anne · Married on 05/24/2008

Bobby Dill created a magical nighttime setting for our tent reception both inside and outside. He showed us photos of the options. He knew just which trees to light and just which refinements to suggest -- an attractive panel for the front of the stage and a lamppost for the restroom area. I am very glad that a friend recommended him -- the extra expense seemed high but was worth every penny. Mother-of-the-Bride.

Sent on 06/29/2008

Pailin · Married on 06/02/2007

I worked with Bobby from Event Dynamics. They put up the stage, the cloth backdrop behind the stage, and the ambiance lighting.

Bobby met me before the wedding to take a look at the ceremony site. He had a lot of good ideas for what could be done to the space (which was pretty empty).

Everything he did was perfectly set up, and he did everything on time. I would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 06/30/2008

Laura · Married on 05/28/2017

Bobby at Event Dynamics was great to work with! We hired them for what they call "whimsical string lighting" for our reception tent. It was absolutely stunning! Since there was a morning wedding before ours, they set up the lights around 6am. So accommodating and the lights made such a great statement!

Sent on 07/04/2017

stephanie · Married on 09/26/2015

Great company! Even wrote to us the week before stating that they had a wedding at our location the night before and asked if we could share lighting, which definitely worked out for us: added to the aesthetics and helped us with our budget. So happy to have had them. The paper lanterns and cafe lighting were perfect.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Melissa · Married on 10/12/2012

Bobby with Event Dynamics was so friendly and easy to work with. He was extremely responsive and organized. We used them for up-lighting at our venue, the Peabody, which he knew in and out. I only took off a half star because one of the bulbs on one of our lights actually burnt out during the reception, but there wasn't much to be done at the time (and it wasn't noticeable to any one but me and the caterer). Overall, I'd highly recommend them for all your lighting needs!

Sent on 12/05/2013

Charlotte · Married on 04/07/2012

They did such a great job with my lighting! Very happy with their work! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/24/2012

Jeanne · Married on 01/14/2012

Bobby Dill was very kind and patient with my fiance and I. He answered so many questions and was very responsive to our requests. Bobby works with the Peabody Library and is familiar with the space and was able to suggest what he thinks works best for that space. The lighting looked phenomenal and really made an already beautiful venue magical for us. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 01/17/2012
  • Victoria

Victoria McGrath · Married on 09/28/2019

Gorgeous lights

You can’t have a wedding at the Peabody library without the gorgeous hanging lights and Event Dynamics is truly the best! Thank you to Bobby for a seamless experience and for setting up the gorgeous lights. Last minute, Bobby and his team also hung some pipe and drape for us in the exhibit hall and it was the perfect touch. The professionalism is top notch and they truly go above and beyond to prove why they are the best at what they do!

Event Dynamics 6
    Sent on 10/03/2019

Kelsey G · Married on 09/14/2019

Easy to Work With

Event Dynamics was probably my easiest vendor experience. Bobby installed drapery for our recent wedding at the Frederick Douglass Maritime Museum. He was super responsive and easy to work with. He was even willing to add on additional service at the last minute. While I didn't actually meet him or his team, everything was set up just as I wanted and looked beautiful.

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/14/2018

Easy to Work With, Beautiful Dance Floor

We rented a dance floor from Event Dynamics and it worked out perfectly. They were familiar with our venue and had a relationship with them, which made the installation and pick-up seamless. I was little worried about using a white dance floor, but it was clean and looked great in our white, tented venue. We highly recommend them for dance floor rentals.

Sent on 01/26/2019
  • Mika J.

Mika · Married on 06/14/2014

We worked with Bob at Event Dynamics to customize draping and an all white dance floor for our wedding. Bob was professional and stayed in constant contact with me throughout the process. Everything turned out beautifully. Event Dynamics services cost us slightly more than several other vendors had quoted but the quality of their work, customer service and product surpassed all others.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 09/01/2013

My husband and I had been working with another vendor to do draping for our wedding who had been TERRIBLE about getting back to us, and at the last minute we went a different direction and kind of fell into Event Dynamics. Even though we were only two months out from our wedding, Bobby was amazing to work with, and even helped with the cost of everything we wanted by pulling double duty with the wedding the night before - we paid for something they were able to use - they paid for something we were able to use. When I came down to start getting ready the morning of the wedding, I noticed that our drape to close off the ceremony space (We were in the Governor Calvert House in Annapolis) was missing pieces and was backwards. My husband called Bobby right away, and he was there by early afternoon to help fix everything. We came across another issue or two while trying to fix the first problem, and Bobby was AMAZING in walking us through all the options - even explaining it twice since my husband and I didn't want to see each other before the wedding. Once everything was said and done, we received SO many compliments on the beautiful draping, and I truly hope that more people use Bobby - he was so accommodating and so quick to fix the mistake -- very comforting to find that in a vendor!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Elyssa · Married on 10/13/2012

My husband and I had decided that we wanted to have uplight at our wedding about a month before the wedding. We got in contact with bobby who stated he was able to do our wedding. Without even meeting and talking only through email bobby was able to put on the perfect uplighting and ceiling draping. I would highly recommend using event dynamics to make your reception hall pop!

Sent on 10/30/2012
  • User2102044 · 2+ years ago

3.5

I got married at the AVAM, and had Event Dynamics set up some lanterns for our reception. I called them last minute, maybe 4 days before the wedding, and they were still willing to do it. Their prices are about the same as everyone else that does lighting (most places will charge about $400 for lanterns, and $1000 if you get a fancy stage for the ceremony as well). Although it seems silly to pay that much for basically borrowing some lights for a few hours, it definitely enhanced the ambience, and made the reception pictures look so much better.

Sent on 10/21/2012

Sandi · Married on 05/05/2012

I booked Event Dynamics for my wedding on May 5, 2012, and it was a great experience. They set up everything as I asked and we got lots of compliments on our lighting. We definitely recommend Event Dynamics for lighting!

Sent on 05/11/2012

Margot · Married on 07/06/2013

3.0

We decided very close to our wedding day to hire a professional company to do our white paper lanterns over our dance floor at the American Visionary Art Museum and we appreciate how flexible and helpful Bobby was to work with us so last minute.

The lanterns were a better price than the other lantern companies we had explored.

The lanterns looked lovely at the start of the night, but we did have an issue since the lights in the lanterns were never turned on during the reception which is what we were paying for so that was a problem.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Becky · Married on 06/15/2013

3.0

Got married at AVAM and had Event Dynamics string some cafe lights + hang some pom poms over the dance area. Bobby was really helpful giving suggestions and sending pictures of possibilities for the space. I had looked into another decor/lighting vendor, but decided to go with Event Dynamics because of how responsive Bobby was to all my emails/inquiries. He took a lot of time to respond to my e-mails and assist me in making decisions even before I signed a contract.

Like another reviewer mentioned, its kind of shocking how expensive hanging lights can be. I was there when the lights were strung and it took them no more than 15 minutes to get them up. Albeit, they are professionals and I probably couldn't have done it myself in an hour. Regardless, the lights/poms definitely added to the ambiance and was exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Bobby Dill was great to work with. We communicated mostly through email and he made sure that my event was set up seamlessly.

Sent on 06/20/2014