Event Dynamics Reviews

102 | Pasadena, MD

102 Reviews for Event Dynamics

102 Event Dynamics Reviews

Linda · Married on 01/26/2013

Bobby was a dream to work with. Every problem we threw his way was no problem-for him. His drapes made the space beautiful and sexy. His lighting recommendations were spot on. This man and his team are professionals. He will work to make you happy.

Palma · Married on 01/19/2013

Event dynamics did an absolutely amazing job with lighting and drapery for our winter wedding and reception at the George Peabody Library! We worked with Bobby Dill, who was excellent. He was friendly, responsive over email and phone, and very open to all of our ideas. We wanted an intimate, romantic, low-lit ceremony, followed by a more dramatic reception with uplights on the columns. Everything turned out STUNNING! I remember when the doors opened for me to walk down the aisle, and I just couldn't believe how beautiful everything looked. We received so many compliments from our guests.

I would highly recommend Bobby and Event Dynamics for lighting and drapery! They provide a great value for their services, exceptional quality, and a friendly atmosphere to work with!

Cara · Married on 10/06/2012

We worked with Bobby Dill at Event Dynamics for lighting at our wedding at the Peabody Library. He was excellent to work with and was very quick to respond to e-mails and questions. We almost did not do pinlighting for our centerpieces and cake, but I am SO HAPPY that we did because it truly made the space. After spending all of the time and energy on centerpieces and money for our cake, I would have been incredibly disappointed if all of that effort was lost because it wasn't properly lit. Bobby and Event Dynamics were worth every penny and we would highly recommend them for lighting!

DubsNick · Married on 09/15/2012

Our wedding at the Peabody Library was truly magical and Event Dynamics really helped set the tone. The lighting scheme (uplighting of columns and ceremony backdrop, pinspotting centerpieces and illuminating dance floor) enhanced the spaces inherent beauty which resulted in a "WOW" factor for both and our guests. We received specific compliments on the lighting, which goes to show how beautiful it was as this is a detail that is often overlooked.

I have never met Bobby Dill, as all the preparations were made via phone and email, and the set-up took place before guests arrived, but I feel like I built a great relationship with him over the months leading up to the wedding. He always responded promptly to my inquiries and given his excellent knowledge of the space provided great suggestions and guidance. He is so kind and professional; it was a pleasure working with him- my only disappointment is that we have never met face to face!

Priscila · Married on 08/24/2012

My wonderful florist recommended Bobby and Event Dynamics and we could not be more pleased and happier with Bobby and his company. He did a great wonderful job giving our Wedding Venue (reception area) a special touch! My husband was the one talking to him and he REALLY liked Bobby. He did EXACTLY what I wanted and he made a "miracle" on some details that I hated on our venue reception area. We even got some tips for our Honeymoon trip from Bobby! We highly recommend Bobby and Event Dynamics! Great work! Thank you Bobby for everything you did before and the day our wedding.

Erin · Married on 08/04/2012

Event Dynamics were great! They turned the room into exactly what we were looking for and made it look even better than we could have imagined! We worked with Bobby and he was very responsive and gave us a lot of suggestions and help with what we were looking for with our lighting.

Jessica · Married on 08/04/2012

I am aware I am writing this two years late, but I have to write reviews now that I finally got around to purchasing my album and re-realizing just how truly spectacular all of my vendors were!

And Event Dynamics was just that - spectacular. Initially I had thought, "Oh, I don't need lighting, the Peabody Library will look beautiful enough on it's own." And while the Peabody Library is absolutely stunning, Event Dynamics took it to a whole other level.

I had peach-colored lights that lit up the columns and white spotlights on my flowers and just wow! When I walked into the room after our cocktail hour my breath was just taken away. The whole room had a glow to it that still is very vibrant in my memories (clearly, since I'm writing this many months later).

You could get away without lighting at your event, but I wouldn't if I were you. It redefines the whole space and turns it into something even you can't picture until you're in it. So, thanks Event Dynamics! I am grateful for your help in making my day so beautiful.

Laura & Patrick · Married on 07/21/2012

Bobby Dill with Event Dynamics was great to work with for our wedding. He was able to work with us and recommend the lighting we needed and liked for a beautiful setting. Everything looked perfect! Thank you, Bobby!

• Lady Dyson

Kimberly · Married on 05/20/2012

Great company! My platform and steps for my ceremony was so elegant and clean. It was truly the setting I needed for the mood I wanted to create! Also, the up-lighting and pin lighting was GORGEOUS! The one thing that truly stood out was the Signature Custom Gobo on the dance floor....OMG!!! EXQUISITE!!! I feel like my money was well spent and that I probably should owe you more! Thank you for your professionalism and patience with my calls and for being very attentive to my requests. I would definitely recommend and utilize your services again.

Event Dynamics....You have ILLUMINATED my heart with precious memories!!

Julia · Married on 05/12/2012

Great company! They work with your budget and are extremely accommodating. The venue looked great!

• W

Ellen · Married on 03/03/2012

Events Dynamics provided the perfect lighting for our daughter's wedding at the George Peabody Library on 03/03/12. This is a vendor whom the customer may never actually meet in person----arrangements are made by email or phone, and the lighting is set up and tweaked before the guests enter the ceremony and reception. Nevertheless, it was possible to have an excellent working relationship with Bobby because of his professionalism, promptness in responding, great suggestions, excellent knowledge of the venue, and great skill. We did feel that the lighting was an important enhancement to the beauty of the Peabody Library. Bobby's lighting plan created a magnificent and unique setting, first for the ceremony, and then for the dinner reception--same room, but with different lighting effects, each appropriate to the activitiy. The pinlights on the low silver bowls full of gorgeous, open red roses made the flowers "pop" into the beautiful elegance of the Library. The uplighting of the columns and the illumination of the dance floor added immensely to the atmosphere our daugther and son-in-law wanted to achieve. The lighting definitely helped make the setting a "Wow!" for us and for our guests!

Anne · Married on 05/24/2008

Bobby Dill created a magical nighttime setting for our tent reception both inside and outside. He showed us photos of the options. He knew just which trees to light and just which refinements to suggest -- an attractive panel for the front of the stage and a lamppost for the restroom area. I am very glad that a friend recommended him -- the extra expense seemed high but was worth every penny. Mother-of-the-Bride.

Pailin · Married on 06/02/2007

I worked with Bobby from Event Dynamics. They put up the stage, the cloth backdrop behind the stage, and the ambiance lighting.

Bobby met me before the wedding to take a look at the ceremony site. He had a lot of good ideas for what could be done to the space (which was pretty empty).

Everything he did was perfectly set up, and he did everything on time. I would definitely recommend him.

Laura · Married on 05/28/2017

Bobby at Event Dynamics was great to work with! We hired them for what they call "whimsical string lighting" for our reception tent. It was absolutely stunning! Since there was a morning wedding before ours, they set up the lights around 6am. So accommodating and the lights made such a great statement!

stephanie · Married on 09/26/2015

Great company! Even wrote to us the week before stating that they had a wedding at our location the night before and asked if we could share lighting, which definitely worked out for us: added to the aesthetics and helped us with our budget. So happy to have had them. The paper lanterns and cafe lighting were perfect.

Melissa · Married on 10/12/2012

Bobby with Event Dynamics was so friendly and easy to work with. He was extremely responsive and organized. We used them for up-lighting at our venue, the Peabody, which he knew in and out. I only took off a half star because one of the bulbs on one of our lights actually burnt out during the reception, but there wasn't much to be done at the time (and it wasn't noticeable to any one but me and the caterer). Overall, I'd highly recommend them for all your lighting needs!

Charlotte · Married on 04/07/2012

They did such a great job with my lighting! Very happy with their work! I would highly recommend them!

Jeanne · Married on 01/14/2012

Bobby Dill was very kind and patient with my fiance and I. He answered so many questions and was very responsive to our requests. Bobby works with the Peabody Library and is familiar with the space and was able to suggest what he thinks works best for that space. The lighting looked phenomenal and really made an already beautiful venue magical for us. Thank you!!!!

• Mika J.

Mika · Married on 06/14/2014

We worked with Bob at Event Dynamics to customize draping and an all white dance floor for our wedding. Bob was professional and stayed in constant contact with me throughout the process. Everything turned out beautifully. Event Dynamics services cost us slightly more than several other vendors had quoted but the quality of their work, customer service and product surpassed all others.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/01/2013

My husband and I had been working with another vendor to do draping for our wedding who had been TERRIBLE about getting back to us, and at the last minute we went a different direction and kind of fell into Event Dynamics. Even though we were only two months out from our wedding, Bobby was amazing to work with, and even helped with the cost of everything we wanted by pulling double duty with the wedding the night before - we paid for something they were able to use - they paid for something we were able to use. When I came down to start getting ready the morning of the wedding, I noticed that our drape to close off the ceremony space (We were in the Governor Calvert House in Annapolis) was missing pieces and was backwards. My husband called Bobby right away, and he was there by early afternoon to help fix everything. We came across another issue or two while trying to fix the first problem, and Bobby was AMAZING in walking us through all the options - even explaining it twice since my husband and I didn't want to see each other before the wedding. Once everything was said and done, we received SO many compliments on the beautiful draping, and I truly hope that more people use Bobby - he was so accommodating and so quick to fix the mistake -- very comforting to find that in a vendor!

Elyssa · Married on 10/13/2012

My husband and I had decided that we wanted to have uplight at our wedding about a month before the wedding. We got in contact with bobby who stated he was able to do our wedding. Without even meeting and talking only through email bobby was able to put on the perfect uplighting and ceiling draping. I would highly recommend using event dynamics to make your reception hall pop!

• User2102044 · 2+ years ago

3.5

I got married at the AVAM, and had Event Dynamics set up some lanterns for our reception. I called them last minute, maybe 4 days before the wedding, and they were still willing to do it. Their prices are about the same as everyone else that does lighting (most places will charge about $400 for lanterns, and $1000 if you get a fancy stage for the ceremony as well). Although it seems silly to pay that much for basically borrowing some lights for a few hours, it definitely enhanced the ambience, and made the reception pictures look so much better.

Sandi · Married on 05/05/2012

I booked Event Dynamics for my wedding on May 5, 2012, and it was a great experience. They set up everything as I asked and we got lots of compliments on our lighting. We definitely recommend Event Dynamics for lighting!

Margot · Married on 07/06/2013

3.0

We decided very close to our wedding day to hire a professional company to do our white paper lanterns over our dance floor at the American Visionary Art Museum and we appreciate how flexible and helpful Bobby was to work with us so last minute.

The lanterns were a better price than the other lantern companies we had explored.

The lanterns looked lovely at the start of the night, but we did have an issue since the lights in the lanterns were never turned on during the reception which is what we were paying for so that was a problem.

Becky · Married on 06/15/2013

3.0

Got married at AVAM and had Event Dynamics string some cafe lights + hang some pom poms over the dance area. Bobby was really helpful giving suggestions and sending pictures of possibilities for the space. I had looked into another decor/lighting vendor, but decided to go with Event Dynamics because of how responsive Bobby was to all my emails/inquiries. He took a lot of time to respond to my e-mails and assist me in making decisions even before I signed a contract.

Like another reviewer mentioned, its kind of shocking how expensive hanging lights can be. I was there when the lights were strung and it took them no more than 15 minutes to get them up. Albeit, they are professionals and I probably couldn't have done it myself in an hour. Regardless, the lights/poms definitely added to the ambiance and was exactly what I wanted.