Event Dynamics Reviews

102 | Pasadena, MD

102 Reviews for Event Dynamics

102 Event Dynamics Reviews

Lauren · Married on 04/11/2015

I worked with Bobby Dill of Event Dynamics for lighting for my wedding. I had up-lighting and pin spot lighting around the room. Bobby was a pleasure to work with. He was flexible, professional, and I didn't have to worry about anything once we discussed what I wanted for my wedding. I was also pleased with how affordable the lighting was. The lighting turned out incredible! I was truly stunned when I walked in the room and saw my vision in reality. The pin spot lighting made the centerpieces stand out, and the up-lighting created such a warm and romantic feel to the room. I would highly recommend their services to anyone.

Annika · Married on 12/13/2014

Event Dynamics was very easy to work with and sent us pictures of what the even space would look like the day of. The lights and draping were perfect for our wedding. Everything was set up and ready to go on our wedding day! I would recommend Event Dynamics to anyone needing lighting/drapery for an event.

Alberta · Married on 12/13/2014

My planner suggested I talk with Bobby at Event Dynamics about some draping and lighting for my ceremony and reception which were both held at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Hunt Valley. I was cautious because I didn't want to overspend but I also wanted to make the ballrooms look more soft & feminine than the "convention" look they currently had. My winter white wedding had cobalt blue highlights, but I didn't want a blue room. I only wanted a touch of blue distributed throughout the room. What a fabulous decision it was to hire Bobby to take care of all that for me! He worked in conjunction with my planner and really made the ceremony space and the reception space pop with elegance! He also installed spin-spot lighting for my beautiful tables to bring all the sparkle of my winter wedding out where everyone could see it. Bobby's ideas were not as expensive as I thought they might be, and I am very glad I chose to have him help make my space so beautiful.

Cate · Married on 10/04/2014

We used Event Dynamics for lighting over our dance floor for our wedding at AVAM earlier this month. Bobby was great to work with – they know what they are doing and they know that space well which made the whole process really easy from start to finish. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Bobby at Event Dynamics was great to work with. He was very quick to answer e-mails and questions as we decided on our rentals. When we changed our minds, he immediately revised our proposal. The uplighting and the pipe and drape for our ceremony and the pin lighting on our reception tables were great.

Bobby was great to work with. Cafe lights and draping looked great for our wedding at the Gov. Calvert House!

Bobby Dill was a pleasure to work with. He was responsive, helpful, and knowledgable. We made changes to our lighting plan numerous times and Bobby was always quick to provide updated estimates and helpful suggestions. The lighting at the wedding was beautiful and I would recommend Event Dynamics to anyone looking for a great lighting, sound, and decor vendor!

Event Dynamics does a fantastic job and is very flexible with your budget. I was married at the Evergreen Museum & Library and was unsure if lighting was necessary in the Carriage House. Once I decided, it was necessary, I wanted to keep the lighting subtle and minimal. Bobby did a great job of understanding my taste and needs over the phone and executed the event perfectly. You can't go wrong with Event Dynamics!

Erika · Married on 05/31/2014

Our wedding venue was aboard the USS Constellation in the Baltimore Inner Harbor. Needless to say, it’s a rather unique venue and we needed someone that was familiar with it to make sure the ship was lit well. The venue recommended Event Dynamics as someone they used frequently for their events, and we are happy to have gone with them. Bobby Dill was a pleasure to work with. He was responsive, helpful and knowledgeable. When we needed to make changes, Bobby was always quick to provide updated estimates and helpful suggestions. In addition to regular lighting, we had an unusual request for parallel string lights (or b-lights as Bobby called them) to be hung up under the awnings on the ship. This was a labor-intensive job and Bobby’s crew did it beautifully. We also ended up buying some paper lanterns ourselves and Bobby’s crew was able to hang those for a small fee. Coordinating the drop off and pick up of the lanterns were very easy, and Bobby took care of coordinating with the venue directly and well in advance. The b-lights and lanterns were worth every penny for great effects in pictures. The lighting at our wedding was beautiful, and we would highly recommend Event Dynamics!

Event Dynamics created the most magical lighting for our daughter's wedding in the Evergreen Carriage House. Bobby Dill was a pleasure to work with. He knew our venue very well and recommended what would best create the mood we wanted without spending more than necessary. We were delighted with the result.

Colleen · Married on 01/04/2014

Event Dynamics supplied cafe lights and the draping at my wedding at the AVAM in January. We couldn't be happier with them! They were a breeze to work with, always responding promptly to my emails and they gave us a significantly cheaper quote than other companies. On my wedding day I got an email from Event Dynamics telling me that they needed to use double the amount of lighting that they quoted me because the band's stage was in a different area then they thought, and it wouldn't have been even/symmetrical if they went with their original plan. In their email they told me that they put up the additional lighting so that it would look good, and that they weren't going to charge me for the additional lighting because it just seemed like the "right thing to do". We were so impressed and grateful for all their help, and I would highly recommend them for any event in the area.

• W

Wes · Married on 12/21/2013

10 out of 10 A+. The team at event dynamics are consummate professionals, and added an extra level of style and class to our wedding. Their draping and decorations took our reception venue and made it perfect and memorable. Bobby and his staff and prompt and flexable, and very competitively prices. They will fulfill your wedding decor needs.

Brooke · Married on 11/09/2013

We worked with Bobby at Event Dynamics for some draping and up-lighting at our wedding. Bobby and his team were fabulous to work with. We changed directions a few times and Bobby didn't miss a beat. Everything he did turned out perfect and really completed our wedding decor. Bobby was great to work with, professional, and truly took pride in his work - you could tell it from talking to him. He and his team (his sons!) work hard, and it truly shows in the final product. I'd highly recommend Event Dynamics for your lighting/staging/decor needs!

• Vickie

Vickie · Married on 11/02/2013

My husband and I got married at the George Peabody Library in Baltimore, MD and we used Event Dynamics for the ceremony backdrop and reception lighting. Bobby Dill from Event Dynamics was great to work with. He was very responsive and worked with us to meet our budget.

The George Peabody Library has some venue restrictions due to its affiliation with John’s Hopkins University, one being that you cannot use open flame/candles to decorate your wedding for obvious reasons. This was not a huge deal to us since we weren’t planning on using candles heavily in our decorations, but we had been planning on using tea light candles around our centerpieces. Instead of using candles, we hired Bobby to pinspot our centerpieces, sweetheart table, and cake, which I believe was truly beautiful and worth the expense. Without the pinspotting of the centerpieces and cake, these aspects are easily passed over and not highlighted as they should be, especially for brides that have beautiful floral arrangements or want the cake to stand out. The peach uplighting was also a nice touch to create a warm glow in the library and add to the ambiance of the evening. Last, the piping and draping that Event Dynamics provided for the ceremony was absolutely breath-taking. If you are on the fence about doing this, just look up pictures online! The beautiful white drape makes all the difference in setting the scene for a breath-taking ceremony backdrop. It creates an amazing visual effect and defines the ceremony space and it will make your pictures all the more beautiful versus not having a drape.

Although we did not get to meet Bobby during our year of planning since the ceremony draping and lighting was setup prior to the wedding, he was fabulous to work with. The draping for the ceremony and lighting for the reception really highlighted the natural beauty of the Library. Highly recommend!

Seetha · Married on 10/11/2013

My husband and I got married at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, MD and we used Event Dynamics to help us bring together our reception décor. I cannot adequately express how much I loved working with Bobby Dill from Event Dynamics and discussing the décor with him over the telephone. Sadly, I never met him on the wedding day, but I could feel Event Dynamic's genius work throughout our venue.

My husband and I were operating under a tight budget. We spoke to a couple of different vendors recommended to us by the venue. All of them told us that we couldn't achieve what we wanted within our budget. Bobby was the only one who confidently assured us that there were options and we could work within our budget and make the expansive space look beautiful. From the minute I spoke to him, I knew that he would be the right person to work with. He is very responsive and takes the time and effort to explain everything to you. Not having planned anything to this extent before, I didn't know the first thing about uplighting and piping and draping. Bobby very patiently explained all the different décor options to me and asked me to describe my vision to him. He even emailed me examples of different lighting so that I could feel comfortable in knowing what the actual decorations would look like.

Bobby's generosity and kindness are transparent. He put up amazing lights over our dance floor and added a beautiful pipe and drape at one end of our reception room. He also generously added some breathtaking peach uplighting to the wood walls of our venue, which added a surreal, beautiful glow to the entire space. His personality, love for his work, and supreme talent are unparalleled. I can't recommend him and Event Dynamics highly enough.

Meghan · Married on 10/05/2013

I worked with Bobby from Event Dynamics to do some uplighting and drape the space to separate the cocktail hour from the dinner area. The cost was less than I expected and the uplighting and drapes looked great in the space and really helped create the affect I was looking for.

Emily · Married on 09/28/2013

There are some things you just don't think of when it comes to wedding planning. Event Dynamics was brought to my attention by our venue. We merely wanted some lighting so guests were not tripping over themselves after dark. Bobby provided a simple solution we could afford. As soon as the sun began to set, we were bathed in a beautiful peach lighting, bright enough to keep the party going and pretty enough to set the mood.

• Megan

Megan · Married on 09/22/2013

I only worked with Event Dynamics over email, but our ceremony pipe and drape and our reception lighting looked great. They are very familiar with working at the Peabody Library and with our caterer. The price was exactly what I had expected to spend. I had no complaints with their service.

• Kenney

Kenney · Married on 09/21/2013

Our venue was a great site, but the reception area was a large room with brick walls. When we explained to Bobby that we wanted uplit columns, he actually built them to give us the effect we were looking for! The room took our breath away when we walked in, and gave off this beautiful glow! Bobby is a talented designer and helped bring life to the room.

Nikki · Married on 09/20/2013

We used Event Dynamics for uplighting and draped organza over lighting within the mansion. Made for a very elegant evening and it was truly beautiful. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Great final touch!

Noel · Married on 07/26/2013

Event Dynamics provided beautiful lighting/ambiance for our wedding at a great price! They were very easy to work with and accommodating!

Stephanie · Married on 05/31/2013

BOBBY DILL & TEAM! Thank you so very much for making our reception look amazing with the up-lighting. We recently got married at the Peabody Library in Baltimore and lighting was one of the later add-ons. Bobby was so helpful over the phone and very responsive to emails. We went without pinspotting since Bobby said that with our flower arrangements, the existing light should be okay without it. He gives honest, professional opinions and doesn't try to push anything that you don't want because he keeps your budget in mind when working with you. We are so glad we decided to add on the up-lighting on the columns. We wanted a natural, warm light so we went with the amber color on the columns. It really helped to bring out the beautiful architecture of the library. Thank you Bobby again for your services.

Jenee · Married on 04/20/2013

The lighting was just a perfect addition to my day!

Heather · Married on 03/23/2013

WOW did our venue turn out to be a dream with the help of Event Dynamics. My (now) husband was in charge of doing everything with this company and only had good things to say. I never imagined that what I had talked about with him actually was exactly what was produced on our day. They have great prices and great services. They are a very reliable company! To know that I could entrust in someone to hang our 1,000 paper cranes that were folded and strung by my family and friends, and get them all back the day after the wedding was so me meaningful to me.

Brittany · Married on 03/09/2013

We used Event Dynamics for uplighting and pin spot lighting for our reception, and it added a wonderful effect to the room. Could not have been more pleased!