Event Details by Edelina Reviews

61 | Chantilly, VA

61 Reviews for Event Details by Edelina

Ellie · Married on 10/21/2017

I truly could not have imagined our wedding planning process without Edelina. We hired her as our Day of Coordinator about 11 months ahead of our wedding, but she was so, so much more than that. She is incredibly responsive to emails, phone calls, texts, and is so patient with even the most Type-A of brides (me!). She has amazing insights, vendor recommendations, ways to save money, and I don't know what I'm going to do now that I'm not emailing her every day! :) Most of our wedding vendors told me the day of the wedding that they've never had a wedding actually run on time and even early, she was absolutely the biggest blessing and I would recommend Edelina to absolutely anyone and everyone that is getting married. You need a coordinator, and you certainly NEED Edelina!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Dorothy · Married on 10/21/2017

As the mother of the bride, Edelina was worth her weight in gold. She began assisting long before the day of reminding us of payment dates, answering questions, making helpful suggestions. She organized the rehearsal so that everyone knew exactly where they should be and what to expect. On the day of she was behind the scenes ensuring that everything ran smoothly so that we could relax, enjoy our guests and our daughter's special day. All I can say is...hire her and you will be so glad you did!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Janet · Married on 10/20/2017

Edelina was the event coordinator for my son's wedding, and we could not have asked for a better, and smoother event. She is prompt, patient, responsive, and truly ensured that everything went according to plan that day. She considers all the small details at the rehearsal so everything went perfectly during the wedding. Thank you so much Edelina for making the wedding a truly flawless execution!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Becca · Married on 10/14/2017

Edelina was AMAZING! She gave advice about certain things with the ceremony, she helped make sure all decor (for ceremony, cocktail hr & reception) were exactly how I wanted, and she made sure everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding, which is exactly what I needed. Edelina was wonderful to work with and made my wedding day stress-free!! I highly recommend her to anyone that needs either day-of coordination or the whole-shebang. She was great!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Laura · Married on 10/07/2017

Hi Edelina,
    Several months have passed since Katie and Paul’s wedding and I don’t think I thanked you enough for all that you did to make it a perfect day for the happy couple. We recognize that ours was not a typical wedding with Katie and Paul living in Scotland and the wedding taking place at a family farm in Southern Maryland. Until we found you, planning the wedding seemed completely overwhelming so we count our blessings that you were able to take us on as a client. Your assistance in planning, your preparation and your attention to detail were truly amazing. You managed to understand and capture my daughter and son in law’s vision for the wedding through FaceTime, phone calls and e-mail. Everything about the day was absolutely perfect and we will cherish the memories forever. Please extend our appreciation to Stephanie as well for all that she did on the day of the event. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping us put together a picture perfect day for Katie and Paul.

Sent on 02/02/2018

Ellen · Married on 09/03/2017

Edelina and her team were wonderful! They took care of everything down to the last detail. Edelina supervised the rehearsal, made sure everyone was where they should be for the ceremony. Her team jumped in to prepare the tables when the caterer was late and to clean up when the bartender didn't. She supervised the rentals (tables, chairs, etc) flowers, games coming in and made sure everything was set up as it was supposed to be. She made sure the caterers had the food out on time and kept the whole event on schedule.She is very professional and calm when things get hectic. Everything ran very smoothly thanks to her and her team. I am not sure what we would have done without her! I would use her again without hesitation. If you don't want to think about a thing during an event, Edelina is the person to go to.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/03/2017

Edelina was great in helping me find some miscellaneous vendors, but her real value came on the day of my wedding. Unbeknownst to us, the venue coordinator (i.e., the person in charge of the venue, not Edelina) had told the caterer to come two hours later than had been planned -- and neither the venue coordinator nor the caterer had seen fit to tell either Edelina or myself. So poor Edelina and her crew were stuck setting up all by themselves and wondering where the heck the caterer was. Thank goodness that I had taken Edelina up on her suggestion to hire two additional staff through her, because we definitely needed them! But to Edelina's credit, no one could tell that both the caterer + staff and bartender were super late. Long story short, it was invaluable to have her on the day of. And also the prices for her services are ridiculously good for the DMV area. It's so worth it, because something WILL go wrong on the day of!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Michael · Married on 09/01/2017

Initially, we were not sure if we wanted a planner at all, but in the end we decided to retain the services of a "day of planner" after several friends recommended it. We scoured the wedding sites and all paths led to Edelina. Deciding to hire Edelina was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. In addition to day of services, Edelina provided a incredible, thoughtful advice on everything from seat arrangements to decorations. She is incredibly organized and knowledgable. She was also very flexible with meeting us and was always available when we reached out. On the day of our wedding, everything went off without a hitch. Edelina worked well with our caterers, families and guests. If there were any issues, we were not aware of them. Neither of us can imagine what it would have been like to plan this wedding without Edelina's help. We feel lucky to have had her assistance on what could have been - but was not - an incredibly stressful process.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2017

Edelina helped us relax and enjoy our special day. We can't recommend her highly enough. We love how she has such a variety of service packages to choose from.

Sent on 08/04/2017

Kinyatta · Married on 07/08/2017

I can't begin to express how Edelina's experience, confidence, leadership and friendship led to an extraordinary wedding and reception that my guests will not soon forget. From my initial contact with Edelina I felt at ease because she certainly had the experience, but upon getting to know her I learned that she has the best personality, is committed to the process and has a fierce work ethic. Edelina was totally responsive from beginning to end (when I say responsive I'm not talking about response with in 24 businesses hours, I'm talking about responses within minutes)...I would often send very early morning emails and to my surprise I would receive early morning responses since she too was working! Edelina went above and beyond by volunteering to do extra things like pick up my bouquets or picking up my sparklers (just because it was 4th of July and of all things she as thinking about sparklers for my sparkler send off!) My guests, interestingly enough, commented on how organized everything was and that everything flowed nicely. This is thanks to Edelina. Edelina was on top of it from the morning the wedding started until the very end. She left no stone unturned. Part of her job was to pack up all of our belongings and load up our designated vehicles, and let me assure you that absolutely nothing was left behind! And we had a ton of stuff! The wedding was absolutely flawless - Edelina is really a well organized and assertive Wedding Planner. She knows what needs to be done and how to get in there to get it done. I was even impressed with random things that she knew about DJ sounds systems, event lighting etc. I'm telling you, she has a lot of knowledge on a lot of areas as it pertains to managing a large scale event! We thank you so much! I'm on my way to the airport for honeymoon but did not want to depart without leaving this review. Our day was everything we hoped it would be and we are so very pleased with Edelina. She's a total sweetheart!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Nal · Married on 06/10/2017

I hired Edelina six months out from my wedding. She went above and beyond to help me stay organized, think through numerous details, and was supportive every step of the way. We definitely required a lot of her - we had two ceremonies in one day and there was a parade happening in the city on the same day as our wedding. She was able to execute everything we asked of her and more. She's very responsive to emails, professional, and thoughtful. My venue told me I didn't need a coordinator and in hindsight, there's no way I didn't need Edelina. I could not have enjoyed my wedding day without her ensuring that the run of show went as planned. I wouldn't think twice about hiring her again. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/02/2017

Tom · Married on 05/13/2017

Working with Edelina was a great experience. She is exactly what you want in a wedding planner. She's organized! Throughout the entire process, she knew exactly what needed to get done and gave us clear, realistic advice about how to do it. She's experienced! She was able to anticipate any problems we might have both beforehand and during the ceremony. She's accommodating! We were doing a lot of the wedding planning from a distance, but she was able to work around our schedule. She met us when we were in town, and when we weren't, she responded to emails quickly and even jumped on Skype to chat with us. She listens! From start to finish, she makes it clear that this is your wedding. She doesn't run the show. You do. Our wedding celebration went off without a hitch! We have Edelina and her assistant Stephanie to thank for it!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Sharon · Married on 01/28/2017

I contacted Edelina to help me plan my daughter's wedding ceremony on short notice. Edelina was prompt to return my correspondence, answer all my questions and met with us in person to discuss our vision. Since we did not have a rehearsal prior to the wedding, Edelina organized a quick run through when we got to the Chapel, first with the bridal party, then with the groom and groomsman. We had a very tight timeline and Edelina's organization and direction kept us on task from beginning to end. The wedding was incredible, better than I could have imagined. I highly recommend Edelina and her services as a wedding planner.

Sent on 02/01/2017

Edelina offers a wide variety of services and we were on a budget, so pick the ones you most need, like we did. She was amazing and went above and beyond what we expected.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Sierra · Married on 11/11/2016

Edelina did a fabulous job and really went above and beyond! She would check in regularly, and had the best timeline and budget trackers. The officiant of our wedding didn't have the reading that we wanted, so she found an office and printed it for us to give to him the day of, which was a huge life-saver. 100% recommend her!

Sent on 11/19/2016

Susan · Married on 10/15/2016

In our case, the couple had done some legwork but frankly, didn't know what they didn't know about planning this kind of event. Edelina stepped in with just the right amount of help.

Sent on 10/18/2016

T · Married on 10/15/2016

Amazing. Hard working. Exceptional. Enjoyed working with her throughout our wedding experience.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2016

Edelina was a great wedding planner! She was really there for me every step of the way! When I needed something she was just there to take charge and offered me many options for different situations! I would totally recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 10/10/2016

I can't recommend Edelina highly enough. She was super helpful during our planning process, sending friendly reminders for us to complete tasks while also being extremely responsive when we had questions. On our wedding day, she was invaluable in helping us navigate the chaos while ensuring we had fun. She is focused and firm while also being friendly and laid back. She was great!

Sent on 10/04/2016
  • Elaine778

Elaine · Married on 09/25/2016

Edelina is a wonderful planner. She was the first vendor we booked, and we are so glad! She offers several flexible packages for all budgets, as well as depending on how much planning support you need.

Edelina helped us find our venue, caterer, officiant, DJ, photographer, videographer, cake baker, and hair stylist. We also rented our centerpiece vases from her. Of course, you could find your own vendors as well, which I did for our florist and makeup artist, and she'll reach out to them to coordinate the logistics so that everything goes smoothly without you having to worry about it.

On the day of, she decorated our aisles and reception tables, distributed our final payments to our vendors, and kept us on schedule. Our wedding came in under budget and ahead of schedule, and neither would have been possible without her! Even if your venue comes with a coordinator, as ours did, it's just so great to have someone on your side, taking care of issues before they're escalated to you.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Emily · Married on 09/24/2016

Edelina is absolutely fabulous. We originally hired her for "reception only" but we were so impressed by her we upgraded our service. Edelina understood our low-key and whimsical vibe which was really important to us but she also clearly had experience with all other kinds of weddings - which was fabulous b/c she had brilliant ideas that we never would have thought of on our own. And she is incredibly organized so you don't have to worry about something slipping through the cracks with her. Edelina is also able to gently get you to figure out all the details without making you feel overwhelmed at the amount of work ahead. She made everything so easy and simple before the wedding with her helpful charts and responsiveness to questions/concerns, too.
    Edelina charmed all of our vendors - she foresaw and handled any and all things that could go wrong w/vendors (like DJ set up, arrival times, etc.) long before the wedding day.
    And the day of the wedding she was brilliant. We had a few unpleasant surprises/issues the day of but Edelina was already fixing the issue before we had time to worry about it.
    Hiring Edelina was the BEST decision we made for our wedding. Hands down.

Sent on 10/08/2016

TOMOKO · Married on 09/24/2016

Edelina was by far the best wedding planner we could have hoped for. When we didn't know where to get something she had an answer or suggestion that helped us tremendously.
    We would gladly recommend her for any other couple looking to get assistance for their wedding.
    She truly went above and beyond the requirements by keeping us on budget with her alternative suggestions to help save money.
    We can not thank her enough for her assistance and efforts.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Cathy · Married on 09/17/2016

Edelina is wonderful. She thinks of everything and executes all perfectly. We were the parents of the groom and highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/21/2016
  • Jenny and Stephen

Jenny · Married on 07/16/2016

When I met Edelina at a good friends wedding a year prior to our engagement I was blown away on how amazing and professional she was. When Stephen and I became engaged, we also quickly realized we had little knowledge of all the itty bitty details that goes into wedding planning. It was a no brainer to hire her and her expertise!

Edelina was always either a text or email away for ANYTHING, no matter how early or late in the day it was. We met several times to see where we were with our planning. She had a spreadsheet to keep us all on track and organized leading up to our big day! She worked extremely hard to make sure that we were understanding all our of contracts (helped review before we signed), found the best "deals" for everything down to the name place cards, and was just a great person to bounce ideas off of.

Edelina was also my day of coordinator and I can not thank her enough for making our day PERFECT and without a glitch. It rained as they were setting up the ceremony so she came to me and asked if we should move it inside and see if the rain passed. Everything was moved in, then the sun came out and she came back to me and asked what to do. I said "Is it possible to move back outside?" She replied, "Of course!" Edelina worked with the venue hand in hand throughout the evening all the way to the final clean up after our fairytale wedding!

I would recommend Edelina to any bride who wants professional and personable service!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Stephanie · Married on 07/04/2016

Edelina was wonderful! We booked her as our "Day of Coordinator" but the amount of love and attention she gave us throughout our process really made us feel like we had her helping us much longer than just the day. She coordinates and plans with her heart and really wants to make sure your day goes as you want it to. She went above and beyond for us. One example of this is when I completely forgot to buy the sparklers for our sparkler exit, remembering only 2 days before and not having time to go and get any myself, in a sheer panic I just cancelled the sparkler exit all together.... until Edelina went out of her way, and took it into her hands to make sure we got the sparklers. She found them online in a day, picked them up for us and brought all of the materials with her so we could have the sparkler exit we wanted. We felt so loved on this day, and Edelina was one of those people we felt it from! Thank you for your hard work and kindness, Edelina!

Sent on 08/02/2016