Event Concepts Reviews

Event Concepts 5
Event Concepts 6
Event Concepts 7
  • User4716665 · event on 12/30/2014

Steve was the most incredible DJ for our vow renewal reception! He engaged every single one of our guests and made the event unforgettable!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Great DJ! Paced the reception perfectly. Guests had a great time and complimented our choice in selecting Steve! The bride and groom were extremely happy! Everyone dancing throughout the reception from start to finish, both young and old. Respected our music choices and played our music selections. The party could not have been better!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Kasi · Married on 12/12/2014

Steve Dunlap is the most incredible DJ there is!! If you want a fun, high energy, interactive reception, look no further! We had the most incredible, fun reception that everyone is still talking about! Thank you so much for the awesome memories!!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Steve, you did such a great job!!! I am so glad you were able to do our wedding. It was exactly what we wanted, especially all the video game titles! Thank you so much for all your help on my song!! You said exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you for making it such a magical night for us!!

Sent on 12/24/2014

ashley · Married on 11/08/2014

Event concepts are amazing. The dj gets really involved. Best dj around.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Megan · Married on 11/01/2014

Steve was incredible!! He interacted with our guests and got almost everyone out on the dance floor. Our guests are still raving about how awesome Steve was and how much fun they had.

Sent on 11/11/2014

James · Married on 10/13/2014

Emily and I used Disney's wedding planning service, who hired Steve Dunlap as our DJ. We chose a DJ over a live band mostly so we could have an MC, and we’d make the same decision again in a heartbeat.

I say this without hyperbole: Steve was unquestionably one of the best parts of the entire wedding. This is not an exaggeration. Steve met the two of us in our waiting room and spent a good ten minutes simply getting to know us and our preferences. My wife and I are more than a bit nerdy (if the Disney wedding didn't tip you off); his face brightened as he floated a few suggestions by us. We took a chance and told him to get creative and use his own judgment.

He did, and it was absolutely the right choice. Steve summoned up a tapestry of everything from classic swing to rare and beautiful instrumental arrangements of nerdy video game music (no seriously - he had stunning versions of music from Legend of Zelda and Chrono Trigger!) to club music. He also provided a great dance medley where he taught everyone some moves from Elvis, Saturday Night Fever, Michael Jackson, and that obnoxious "What Does the Fox Say" song. Everyone had a blast.

Not only that, but Steve was relaxed, a natural showman and MC. He didn't come off as trying too hard. He was warm, friendly, and emotionally invested in our reception. Again, I'm not exaggerating - nearly everyone we talked to, no matter their age or musical preferences, raved about Steve's performance. Everyone remembered "that really great DJ [we] had."

If you have an event, especially a wedding, and ESPECIALLY if you have an offbeat sense of humor and an appreciation for the hard work a truly great DJ puts into his craft, you owe it to yourself to get Steve. His work is memorable, funny, and touching. He has a real appreciation for what he does, and Emily and I are enormously thankful that he was there to share this moment with all of our friends and family.

Sent on 11/14/2014

Lesley · Married on 10/12/2014

THE BEST DJ ON EARTH!!!!! every single person from ages 15-75 was involved and entertained by him. everyone said it was by far the best wedding reception ever all because of the DJ! Steve Dunlap is a must! Worth every single penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Jenny · Married on 10/12/2014

Hi Steve!

I've actually been trying to find some time to sit and write you about our wedding. As I'm sure you here from so many brides about how they envision their wedding to be. From the cake to the flowers, to the food, etc... For me the biggest part of my wedding, aside from getting married(woo hoo!), was the DJ. My wedding planner was spot on when she told me you were my guy. I cannot thank you enough for everything you did for our wedding. Thank you for making my ideas a reality and for taking our guests to an experience they will never forget.

Every single one of our guests, and I mean every ONE, told either Boris or I how incredible you were and that you were hands down the best DJ they ever had. From a professional stand point you were the best I have ever experienced as well. You made me want to throw a party every day! I was so lucky that my guests were so open to participating and being interactive with you. You had everyone smiling, laughing and choreographed dancing! It was everything I could've hoped for and more! You were such a pleasure to work with! Your high energy, creative execution and sparkling personality was the perfect combination to make our night so unforgettable!!!

My husband was telling me how much he respects how you are always challenging yourself and finding ways to make yourself the best. I too have a ton of respect for how hard you work and your incredible amount of effort to make yourself the best. And I absolutely believe, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

So from all of us, family, husband, guests and myself, THANK YOU for making our wedding amazing! I hope our paths cross again! I wish you lived near us so I could use you at every event I have!

Keep in touch Steve and thank you, thank you thank you!!!!!!!

Jenny and Boris

Sent on 10/15/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/10/2014

Steve was our wedding DJ and we had the time of our lives!!! He was very professional, up-beat, and pro-active about what our needs were for our very special day. He was interactive with our guests and got almost everyone out on the dance floor and even showed us some moves. Our guests cannot stop Raving about Steve and how amazing he did!!! Ive neverbeen to a wedding with such a fun DJ. From dedication songs and personalization of our night, we could not be more pleased.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Paula · Married on 09/29/2014

There are really no words to describe how AMAZING DJ Steve Dunlap was at our wedding!! He was engaging, enthusiastic, funny, friendly and more! From the beginning of our reception to the end DJ Steve played the right music, made the right announcements, engaged our guests, and overall kept the party going. We are very blessed to have had such an experienced, all around great DJ at our wedding!! If DJ Steve is not available on your wedding day.... change the date!!!! He is that good!!!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Amy · Married on 08/18/2014

Steve was absolutely amazing. We had a small wedding, but he made it seem like there were so many people there by keeping everyone on the dance floor. I was so impressed with his enthusiasm and knowledge. At other weddings, I've noticed times where a DJ realized that the song wasn't a good choice for the crowd, but they still let it finish out with no one on the floor. That was not the case with Steve. He quickly transitioned to a new song to keep everyone excited and having fun. It was an absolute pleasure having him at the wedding. Everyone is still talking about how fun it was and I attribute much of that to Steve.

Sent on 09/07/2014
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/16/2014

Steve was amazing! He did a great job working with us on customizing our reception. He was very engaging with our guests. Everyone came up to us and told us how much they enjoyed Steve. He has a great sense of humor and again does a great job of tailoring event style to fit your needs! Hive fives all around!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Victoria · Married on 08/09/2014

I absolutely loved the services from Event Concepts!, Steve & Adriana Dunlap were wonderful with providing information and making me feel at ease from first contact, they were excellent!, and my DJ Melody was exceptional , elegant, and on point for my wedding!! she went above and beyond in DJ part of it as well as in requests, to top it off her presence was so wonderful overall she interacted perfectly with everyone and made my day even more special!! love the services!!! I would highly recommend Event Concepts, exceptional and amazing!!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Brynn and Robert · Married on 07/05/2014

We recently got married at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and not a day has passed in which we haven't reflected on truly how perfect our big day was.

One person we have to thank - Our DJ, Steve Dunlap of Event Concepts! Throughout the night, Steve's energy was perfectly appropriate and everyone had such a good time dancing to some really great tunes.

Looking back, our original thought was that if Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings recommended Event Concepts, we had nothing to worry about; and as expected, Event Concepts didn't disappoint. From the survey Steve sent us before the wedding to his professionalism at the event, we could not have ended up with a better DJ! And, we were so happy to have him be a part of our special evening!

Without hesitation, we recommend Steve and Event Concepts for event DJ services!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Steve Dunlap is an incredible wedding DJ - I really cannot say enough about how great he is! His questionnaire helps you decide what kind of mood you're going for in each phase of the event, and then he really takes it from there. We only provided a handful of suggested songs, but he really got it right away. Steve has a great sense for the feel of a party - 1. he listens to what you ask for and 2. he has a sense for how your guests are feeling at a given moment. He knows how to pick up the pace and how to give everybody a chance to rest!

At our wedding, he went above and beyond, checking in with us, helping coordinate special moments, and he even helped out when a glass was broken near our table! Honestly, without our even asking, Steve became an indispensable extra set of hands throughout the night, and he helped carry out the most perfect wedding reception!

Thank you from both of us!!

Chris · Married on 05/24/2014

Steve exceeded our high expectations on every level. He is very talented and excellent! We have had several people comment that that was the best and most fun wedding they have ever been to. He made our reception PERFECT!

Sent on 06/07/2014

Ryan · Married on 05/22/2014

Steve was an absolute star at our wedding, delivering above our high expectations and seeing to it that everyone had a great time.

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2014

Hands down the #1 talked about thing at our wedding. "Your DJ was FANTASTIC" and "the best DJ I have ever had at a wedding" were both common phrases post wedding. I was beyond thrilled with the level of entertainment and attention we were given. If we could fly Steve up for all future event we ever have, we would! I can say with certainty that I will never be a wedding or similar event with such an energetic, entertaining and professional DJ. There was never a dull moment, and it was all done with such class and experience. Everyone wanted to be a part of the dancing! (Even my Husband who hates to dance was cutting a rug on the floor)

Sent on 06/01/2014

Emmy · event on 05/04/2014

DJ Scott King was the bomb!! He DJ'd at my son's 8th grade dance and all those kids never sat down once!! He kept them going the whole night long. He's so enthusiastic and knew how to entertain 8th graders!! He was more than perfect!! I'm going to keep this memory of my son's dance for a very, long time. Thank you, DJ Scott King!! You are so awesome!! I would give DJ Scott King 10 stars if I could!!

Sent on 05/05/2014

John · Married on 05/04/2014

One of the best moments of our lives. Steve Dunlap made the wedding ten times better. He was arguably the best I've seen at a wedding or an event. Highly recommended.

Eric · Married on 05/04/2014

Steve was amazing. Very entertaining and got everyone on the dance floor. Helped make our wedding an event that all of our guests keep talking about.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Rene and Lisette · Married on 04/19/2014

We contacted Steve and Adrian with less than a month for ceremony and reception, they responded promptly and we were able to have get everything set.
    Steve and Adriana did an amazing job at our wedding ceremony and reception. They are very professional and made sure everything went well. Steve made sure everyone at the reception had fun, he brought incredible energy and made the reception a memorable one. My wife and I were just blown away with how great the event was, Steve and Adriana made it happen. Everyone asked how we got such an amazing DJ. Steve and Adriana are the best!

Sent on 04/22/2014

WOW is all I can say about Event Concepts! The DJ got everyone dancing including mom and grandma which has never happened. Even guys that do not dance were dancing. We have been to ten weddings in the last several years and they all have been the same where the music is playing and only a few couples were on the dance floor. When this happens, guests that do not dance tend to get bored and will leave early. The DJ from Event Concepts were great in teaching everyone to dance while the music is playing. Definitely go for the Uplighting package if your event is at night or indoor. I was hesitant at first since mine was indoor but in the afternoon. Upon going to the venue several times and having them shut the blinds, I still was not sure if it was dark enough. Event Concepts said it would work but it's up to me to make the call. They were VERY HELPFUL in answering all my questions, gave me suggestions based upon their 18 years of experience and let me make the final call. I decided to go with the uplighting and boy did it make the ambiance so much better.

I interviewed three DJ's before coming across Steve at Event Concepts. He was very nice in asking me what I want for the wedding. He never try to sell me on anything. He tailored it to my style which is why I ended up booking with him. I already referred a friend of mine to him. If you already have a DJ, cancel it and book with Event Concepts if you want a PARTY! If you don't have a DJ, stop looking elsewhere because this is it. Last, I have no affiliation with Event Concepts whatsoever. I'm a very picky and thorough person but when I see an exceptional service, I will let others know.

Sent on 04/26/2014

Great DJ!!!
    Our wedding was very intimate. We were worried that because of the small guest list that our reception would be dull but that was not the case!! We had a wonderful time!
    Great music! Professional service! Awesome guest interaction!

Sent on 04/14/2014