Recommended by 91%
Ann H · Married on 04/22/2018
Beautiful grounds, delicious food, great service.
Beautiful Golf Course with trees and lakes. The Terrace Room has wrap around windows overlooking the gorgeous grounds. The food is delicious and the service is impeccable. Blanca is great to work with! I Highly recommend having any type of event at this venue!Sent on 10/18/2018
Rachel · Married on 08/27/2016
We absolutely loved working with Margaret and the Evanston Golf Club staff. The food was amazing, the space is lovely, and we got endless compliments from our guests on the staff. Margaret was especially helpful holding my hand through the entire planning process. She really made sure everything was perfect and they way I wanted it. I'm especially grateful for the way she was able to listen to all the various family members input and reassure them while still making sure my and my husband's vision of the day came first.Sent on 10/14/2016
Jen · Married on 10/13/2012
We recently had our wedding reception at Evanston Golf Club and cannot say enough good things. Everyone (especially Haley and Dale) were extremely responsive and helpful throughout the whole planning process. We felt completely comfortable that they were really on top of things and our big day would be exactly what we were hoping for. The club coordinated directly with all of our vendors and did not involve us at all as far as delivery times, ect. That really helped to lower the stress level the day of the wedding! When we arrived to the reception, we were blown away with how beautiful everything looked. It far exceeded our expectations. We had cocktails and appetizers in the room that overlooks the golf course which was absolutely beautiful. The appetizers were delicious and service was impeccable. We had a seated dinner in the main ballroom (choice of filet, chicken or vegetarian). The food was amazing. It was all served hot and on time. Service was fantastic the entire night. We provided a list of each guests' dinner option prior to the wedding and also placed a decoration on each persons name tag designating their choice. We had no issues with people receiving the correct entree. We also had an open bar all night as well as servers taking drink orders. We never wanted a guest having to wait for a drink and I'm confident everyone was well taken care of! We could not believe how many compliments we received from guests on the food, service and the club in general. We are confident we picked the perfect place for our wedding reception and would not change a thing. If you have an opportunity to hold your reception at EGC, you will not be disappointed!!Sent on 11/07/2012
Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2011
We had our wedding at EGC, and everything was just wonderful! The staff was a real pleasure to work with. They were responsive to calls and emails and never seemed rushed when meeting in person. They were also extremely flexible - not like at a hotel downtown where you feel like you are being nickel and dimed for every change you want to make from what is "standard." They even had their chef learn to make a dessert when we provided the recipe because we wanted something different from a traditional wedding cake. It was so delicious - I still get compliments on that, the cream of asparagus soup, and the rest of the food they served! We were able to bring in the wine for dinner (with a corkage fee of course) because we had a connection with a vineyard out in Napa, allowing us to serve better wine than we could have otherwise afforded. The day of the wedding everything was perfect. We took pictures on the golf course and had cocktails in the room with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the course. Appetizers were plentiful and the servers who passed them were excellent. Dinner was fantastic - we served a plated dinner with a choice of 4 different entrees. The only negative was that there was a fair amount of time between courses. If I did it again I would just do one less course (minus sorbet) and it would be perfect. We did a late night food station that was a big hit. We had open bar all night and there were always servers taking drink orders. I wish they would have had my vodka behind the bar but they changed their liquor selection just before the wedding. No harm done though, someone just ran out and got me a bottle. :) I can't recommend EGC highly enough for your event!Sent on 04/23/2013
User2514130 · 2+ years ago
Staff were friendly & quick to respond, very organized.Sent on 10/19/2013
Michal · Married on 10/06/2012
I had my wedding reception at the Evanston Golf Club on October 6th, 2012. It was a wonderful beautiful experience and I highly recommend the club for your wedding/wedding reception. First of all, Haley, the wedding/event coordinator over there is a super sweet person. In the months leading up to the wedding, Haley was a little slow in responding to e-mails and phone calls, but she did always respond and gave accurate and helpful information. Haley was very flexible and always willing to work with me and my vendors to make sure that the day went off without a hitch and she was there the whole night during the wedding to make sure everything went the way it was supposed to.Sent on 10/17/2012
The food at this place is amazing. I have never had so many compliments on appetizers and dinner. We had the skirt steak dinner with the bruschetta salad. We also had an open bar during the cocktail hour, and wine during dinner, and a cash bar after for the dancing. I did have a lot of guests tell me that the cash bar was expensive: $10 for a beer. We did not want anyone being over served at our wedding, so it worked out well for us, but if that is something important to you - an open bar may be the way to go.
The only thing during dinner that I was peeved about was that I had 22 vegetarians at my 175 person wedding. One of my bridesmaids was a vegetarian and had 3 plates of beef put in front of her. Each time she asked for a vegetarian dish more forcefully until I stepped in and asked the waiters to pay attention to her request. I heard later on that other vegetarians had this same issue. I'm not sure why the waiters were not trained to ask at the table: "Who had a vegetarian dish?" Put those out first and then fill in the rest at the table with the steak. This was especially frustrating because I had sent over a PDF showing each table and how many vegetarians were at each table.
All in all, a very happy bride.
Leah · Married on 07/19/2014
We have mixed emotions about Evanston Golf Club. Here are the details:Sent on 08/25/2014
1. Our contact person changed 4 times, so we had to explain our wedding day specifics 4 times over because none of the previous employees left notes.
2. They told us two weeks before our wedding that they doubled booked our desired room. They did, however, give us a larger space at no extra cost.
3. We were running late the day of the wedding, and they were flexible with the times of our reservation and food.
4. Although we requested this service, no one served myself or my husband food. We had to go up to the buffet line ourselves.
5. They were very flexible on our desired liqueur options. We bought the wine to be offered to the guests, however we found out later that most didn't even know there was wine available. Sure enough, they gave us back a majority of the bottles. A nice savings, but a bummer for our guests.
6. We dropped off most of our decorations the morning before, which was convenient. They even watered our centerpieces and kept them cool. They did however misplace a bundle of large helium balloons. They couldn't be found the day of the wedding. How does someone misplace balloons!?
7. We were under the impression that our entire cake was eaten because nothing was given to us after the reception and no one called saying otherwise. Several days after the wedding, we called out of curiosity (and to see if the balloons were found) and they said they had the top of our cake and they were going to either "eat it or throw it away" that day. This was extremely rude, especially considering no one told us they had kept the top of the cake. Had we not followed up, it would have been gone.
8. 5 days before our wedding I was able to do a tasting of the food. The food is excellent!
My advice: Keep on them. It's very clear that they care only about the bottom line, so keep it all business and you'll get by with a beautiful wedding at a reasonable price.