Essential Sounds Entertainment Reviews

166 | Belmar, NJ

166 Reviews for Essential Sounds Entertainment

Melody · event on: 06/20/2015

This is our 3rd time using Essential Sounds for our fundraising event and our 2nd time using Anthony- and we are still very impressed. Anthony kept everyone moving from the time they walked in the door until the very last minute! He was awesome, curteous, and knew how to read the crowd!! He played all genres of music and surprised us with the variety!! Everyone, old and young, had a blast! I will always use Essential Sounds and continue to reccomend their awesome services!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Mary · Married on 05/30/2015

Essential Sounds Entertainment (ESE) its one of the most premier DJs in the greater metro area. Bottomline, the owner, PJ, gets it. ESE put together a party that kept ALL of my guests entertained with the perfect mix of music. Other companies think that treating your wedding like a trashy shore bar is okay, but that's just an easy way to clear half the room after the cake is cut. PJ was fantastic and by the time the reception was over, he left the guests wanting more.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 05/22/2015

PJ was awesome!! He played all the songs we asked him to and stayed away from the ones we didn't like. I told him I wanted dancing ALL night (besides dinner of course); I don't like when I go to weddings and there's no dancing before dinner. He rocked it. He read the crowd perfectly. I have a dancing family and friends so it was perfect. Everyone commented on how great the music was. He is so friendly, flexible, and easy to work with. No complaints what so ever. He did my sister's wedding 3 years ago and I never stopped dancing. Now he's doing my other sister's wedding in September!

Sent on 06/12/2015

We met PJ with Essential Sounds Entertainment last summer at our friends wedding. He did such a great job that we hired him for our own wedding. He was always easy to get in contact with, and the wedding day went perfectly. He was able to incorporate different kinds of music genres to get everyone of all ages out on the dance floor. Everyone had a great time at our wedding, and We will definitely recommend Essential Sounds Entertainment to all of our friends!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Diana · Married on 05/15/2015

If you are looking for a dj, look no further. We hired PJ to be the dj at our daughter's wedding. From the first phone call through the entire event, PJ was friendly yet professional. He made the entire planning process seamless. The day of the wedding was impeccable. He really made the entire event so much fun and knew when to tone things down and how to get everyone on the dance floor at the appropriate times.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Mark · Married on 05/15/2015

PJ and his team recently did mine and my wife's wedding a few weeks ago and they did a fantastic job from start to finish. They kept the whole crowd up and dancing the whole time. They knew the right time to switch up the music to keep everyone involved and happy. I would recommend essential to any one that's having any type of party that requires a dj because he went above and beyond for us.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Pru · Married on 05/15/2015

My husband and I could not have been more happy with PJ and Essential Sound! From the first meeting through the end of our wedding, PJ was personable, professional, and went above and beyond to make sure our special day went as smoothly as possible. We loved that PJ took the time to get to know as a couple and seemed to just get us. He took all of our special requests and played each song at the perfect time. He got the party going from the start and played the right music at the right time keeping our guests entertained and on the dance floor. If you are still looking for a DJ for you wedding or event, PJ is your guy.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/02/2015

I first reached out to PJ when one of our other vendors fell through. PJ was very responsive, told me he did have avaialbility at our venue and had worked their before. Since he was also recommended through our photographer, he gave us a referral discount. PJ didn't try to upsell us on anything at all but did tell us about all of the other services that Essential Sounds offers - someone to sing, a logo on the dance floor, ceremony musicians and even a photobooth. Had we not been contracted with other vendors, I definitely would have taken him up on the other services.

PJ was not available for our wedding date, but put us in touch with Anthony. Anthony was very quick to answer any questions that we had. We met with Anthony in their offices to discuss the feel and flow of the wedding. The music was very important to my dad (as he put together his own version of a playlist) and to us as well. We wanted our guests (of all ages) to be up dancing most of the evening. Anthony made great suggestions about the flow of the event and was able to assist with setting up a small sound system for our officiant on the day of. They really went out of their way to make sure that every aspect was taken care of.

Anthony curated the perfect playlist for our wedding. It was exactly what we wanted. I would reach out to him with last minute request the week before the wedding and he was very responsive acknowledging the requests and making sure it was taken care of. Everyone said that the music and DJ were amazing. Anthony had everyone was dancing the whole night. Anthony was familiar with our venue which was a huge plus. We can not thank Anthony and Essential Sounds enough for making this a memorable night for us.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Christina · Married on 10/25/2014

Essential Sounds (specifically PJ Windle) did an absolutely fantastic job providing DJ an Emcee services for our wedding on October 25th. Not only did several guests comment on the fabulous time they had dancing to the wide range of music genres, but some of our guests even admitted that they had more fun at our wedding than at their own!

PJ was extremely easy to work with and helped me feel comfortable leading up to the big day by providing an anticipated timeline and order of events for the entire reception. He even came over to us several times throughout the reception to make sure we were happy and enjoying our night.

By far my favorite part was the beautiful color monogram spotlight that was shining on the dance floor all night long. It was BEAUTIFUL and it really added an extra special personal touch.

I would highly recommend Essential Sounds to any bride, but especially if you are feeling a little anxious about making sure your day goes smoothly. With Essential Sounds as your music professionals you'll know what to expect and enjoy every second of your celebration!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Hannah · Married on 10/04/2014

After a truly hellish time trying to find a DJ, we were referred to Essential by one of my husband's coworkers.

Immediately after filling out the request form on their site, I got an email from PJ quoting a price and offering to set up a call to get started, which was a big deal because the wedding was only a month away. He set us up with Anthony Yepez who was awesome and incredibly easy to work with.

Anthony was incredibly helpful with helping us set up the structure of the event and choosing the types of music we wanted to play throughout the night. He went out and downloaded the stuff that I wanted to hear and he didn't already have. He was incredibly accommodating to our slightly unconventional ceremony.

Throughout the wedding day itself he was always on hand, making sure we were hearing what we wanted to hear and we were happy with the tone of everything.

I highly recommend Anthony and Essential Sounds.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Kevin · Married on 09/27/2014

We were recommended to PJ and Essential Sounds Entertainment by another vendor who knew we were having a tough time finding a DJ. Within moments of meeting PJ my wife and I knew we would be using him. He blew us away by starting the first meeting asking and learning about us instead of selling himself. This refreshing approach to business was consistent for the entire year we worked with PJ. He continued to treat my wife and I as friends, taking the time to learn who we were so he could provide exactly what we wanted. Leading up to the event he was always easily accessible, taking notes on everything we asked and providing excellent suggestions along the way. He set a meeting a few weeks ahead of the big day to go through all the details one last time. This really helped us feel confident that this was one aspect of the day we didn't have to worry about. On our wedding day PJ was incredible. He set up the music for our cocktail hour following the exact playlist we requested and then did an excellent job emceeing the night. He added the perfect amount of spark to the party, and read the crowd all night long to give everyone the atmosphere they wanted. In addition to dj services essential sounds also provided our uplighting - which added a beautiful element to our ballroom - as well as a photobooth that was the hit of the party. Unlike some of the other booths we looked at, this one was literally huge which resulted in some incredible pictures with crowds of people. All told we couldn't have asked for a single thing more out of the entire experience.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Risa · Married on 09/05/2014

PJ and Jamie were our DJ dream team from Essential Sounds Entertainment. From the minute we met with PJ via bridelive and put our full faith in him and the company, we knew we were going to have something truly special for our wedding day. They FAR exceeded any and all expectations. We told everyone before the wedding how excited we were about PJ and Essential Sounds, and they delivered everything far beyond what our imaginations dreamed up and what we described to our guests. People are still in awe with how much everything went perfectly, let alone music from our beach ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception. PJ was more than accommodating and helped us make all the right decisions to make this day one to remember. I will never forget how amazing they made everything and how much they pulled everything and everyone together. They worked perfectly with our venue, and a history between the two helped, but rest assured these guys can entertain ANYWHERE! In them we have found forever friends for all they've done for us. We can't say enough "thank you's!" to them. They are amazing!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Stacey · Married on 08/02/2014

My husband and I got married on August 2nd, and we were SO LUCKY to have PJ as our DJ!!! He is such a nice guy, and so easy to work with. My husband and I were so worried about having a hokey DJ or "clubbin'" fist pumping DJ- and we are both so glad we found PJ- he was classy, enthusiastic without being annoying, and he made the night flow perfectly. Anything we wanted played, he had it and was excited to play it for us. My husband and I can be particular about our music, and he went above and beyond to listen to our requests and keep the party going!! He also did sound and music for our ceremony which was flawless. Everyone could clearly hear us at the outdoor, lakeside ceremony and he played all the ceremony songs with perfect transition. PJ even found some deep tracks of our favorite artists, which were so fun to hear throughout the cocktail hour. The reception was an awesome party thanks to PJ. So many of our guests said he was the best DJ ever and he actually READ the word document I send him with "Must-plays" and "Other suggestions". He truly nailed it! We had the best wedding ever - and PJ was a big part of that. Thanks PJ!!!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Ellen · Married on 07/26/2014

PJ and his team were very professional and helped to give me the best wedding ever. He is an amazing DJ. I would highly recommend Essential Sounds to anyone.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/19/2014

We found PJ through referrals, and knew it would be easy to trust him, but once we saw his amazing reviews we were even more excited to see him in action! We had the pleasure of keeping in touch with him all year, it felt like a good friend was there for us on wedding day. Whenever we had a question, he literally responded within minutes, and that's how we knew we could trust him to handle our special day. Leading up to the wedding, we were able to message PJ at any time with last minute changes or requests and he took care of it right away. He was professional, fun, classy and of course entertaining. We received numerous compliments that night as well as the following days about how great our DJ was, and asking how we found him. We are thankful that he helped make our wedding so memorable, and made our family and friends feel so special. The last thing a bride wants to do is worry about anything on her big day and I can say I completely trusted him to take care of everything. PJ provided the sound for our outdoor ceremony, reception and photo booth. I would refer him to anybody and not have to worry about a thing! We thank you PJ for being a great partner on our wedding day, and now friend!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Theresa · Married on 07/19/2014

We hired Ryan from essential sounds to work our wedding on July 19th. I don't have enough words to express my deep gratitude to Ryan for making our wedding seamless and fun. Everyone had a great time, danced and enjoyed the evening.

The great part about having Ryan is that he's not just a DJ, he really is intuitive when it comes to reading the crowd and getting a sense for what will engaged them and keep them dancing. During the planning before the wedding Ryan took the time to go over all the little details with me and I directed him on what to play. The day of I learned really quickly to trust Ryan's instincts and we had a full dance floor and engaged guests the entire evening.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! to Ryan for EVERYTHING!

Sent on 07/23/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/12/2014

PJ and his staff are incredible! They played all the best surrounding our choices! They were right on point with everything! Everyone had a blast at our wedding and they rave about the music! Good luck and best wishes to your new addition to your family! We hope to have another need to use your services again and we will definitely refer you!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Rina · Married on 07/04/2014

Have you ever been to a party where the dance floor was packed the whole time and you had trouble getting people back to their seats to eat? Well, I have: my very own wedding - and it was thanks to the FANTASTIC music choices made by PJ the DJ and Essential Sounds Entertainment. The party was amazing and everyone had a blast. I HIGHLY recommend using Essential Sounds Entertainment for ANY party big or small. BEST PARTY EVER! Thank you PJ!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/21/2014

PJ is AMAZING! He had everyone on the dance floor from the moment the reception started which is exactly what we wanted. He was with us every step of the way in our planning, not just as a DJ but as someone who gave us guidance with our entire wedding every step of the way. He made us feel like we were his only clients but his friends. PJ truly valued how important this day was to us and it showed throughout the night as the music selections were exactly what we envisioned. I was recommended by a friend to use PJ and I am forever grateful because he made our night one awesome celebration! Thank you PJ and Essential Sounds Entertainment!!

Sent on 06/27/2014

Karli · Married on 06/20/2014

What can I say that will even begin to express the gratitude my husband and I would like to say to PJ and his team. They were AMAZING!!!!! Truly made a dream come true for us. From the moment I first spoke to PJ I knew he was the one and he did not disappoint. The music they played was exactly what I wanted it to be. The dancing did not stop all night long. We also got the photobooth from him and I will look at those pictures everyday and just laugh. We are still getting calls saying it was the best wedding my guest have ever been too. Thank you for everything!!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2014
  • User4222061 · 2+ years ago

PJ is the best. He was the DJ at my brothers wedding a few years back and I didn't even shop around I just booked with him. We had a multi cultural wedding where half the guests were Indian and he played a couple songs for them. Which went over really really well. We received multiple comments throughout the wedding from guests that they really like the DJ. I would instantly recommend essential sounds for whatever event you're having.

Sent on 07/03/2014

Mary · Married on 06/07/2014

Finding a DJ for our wedding was a daunting task. Not only is the list of prospects so large, but we were also planning our wedding out of state and were not going to be available to interview and meet in person with each vendor! Essential Sounds Entertainment was perfect from the beginning. They "Facetime"ed with us through their custom software (and at one point, iphone to iphone), and were incredibly responsive. We made a custom play list, and they accomodated every request. Our dj Ryan made sure that we were on the same page about the playlists, requested what we needed, and kept the tone of the wedding exactly where we wanted it to be. Additionally, the owner, PJ, was in constant communication. We felt from day one that we were in good hands. Ryan kept our guests dancing through a six hour reception, delivering messages, dedications, and helping orchestrate the agenda of the evening. We also asked Essential Sounds to do uplighting in our wedding colors, and it absolutely made the room perfect. We could not have asked for better services. If you are looking for high quality service, responsiveness, and a way to make your event flow, I cannot recommend Essential Sound Entertainment enough.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Alexandra · Married on 06/07/2014

PJ is amazing!!!!! My biggest fear of my wedding was that no one would dance and BOY was that far from the case! PJ read the crowd perfectly and we had a full dance floor the whole time! He was amazing with planning and coordinating with us! I highly recommend essential sounds - they made our wedding perfect!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Paul · Married on 05/30/2014

There is nothing that I could possibly say negative about our wedding , especially PJ and his team at Essential Sounds. PJ was nothing but accommodating to our schedules making time to do our first web meeting after I was done working during the evening. That level of attentiveness and care carried through from the start of our planning to our last meeting when we selected the playlists and tunes for our wedding. PJ took great care ensuring that we understood our options and made sure that our wedding was our own, not cookie cutter or common. I can't appreciate that enough.

All of the pre planning was a pleasure, but the actual event itself was unbelievable. From the moment we came in the energy in the room was electric. All our guests were ready to roll after the great music played during the cocktail hour. Once the first dances were done, we sat down for some salad and were astonished to see our guests up and dancing. That energy continued throughout the event. Literally, there were people who did not eat because the party was contagious! PJ played songs from all genres and even sourced some great portuguese music for my side of the family.

PJ and Essential Sounds were the perfect vender for our wedding. I can't thank them enough for all they did to make our day amazing. You really can't do better for your event.

Sent on 06/06/2014

Kristen · Married on 05/09/2014

PJ was great

My husband and I are incredibly happy with PJ and the DJ services he offered for our wedding. He took the time to go through our requests and make sure we were comfortable and knowledgable about the sequence of events on our day. Our guests had so much fun dancing - PJ really kept it going for everyone throughout the night! Everything was perfect and we highly recommend Essential Sounds!

Sent on 01/03/2019