Essential Sounds Entertainment Reviews

166 | Belmar, NJ

166 Reviews for Essential Sounds Entertainment

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2016

What can I say...besides PJ is AWESOME! Our wedding was a blast from start to finish. PJ played the right songs at the perfect times and kept our dance floor packed all night. We are a couple that loves to dance so a good DJ was a must have. Well we didn't hire a good DJ, we hired a GREAT one! PJ listens to you, gives great suggestions and ensures that your wedding is exactly what you want it to be. I will recommend him over and over again, I'm sure!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Robert · Married on 05/14/2016

My wife and I just got married on May 14th and I can tell you booking P.J. and the Essential Sounds Entertainment Team was the best decision we could have made. Do yourself a favor and just have one meeting with P.J. Windle. My wife and I knew after ten minutes of meeting with him that he would be managing all the entertainment for our wedding reception. It is the passion that P.J. has for his profession and the genuine interest to meet all your specific needs that will win you over immediately. We even had a live band at the end of the night that P.J. worked with to put together an incredible rendition of the Irish classic "Danny Boy". Thank you for your great work Essential Sounds Entertainment!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/01/2016

My husband and I highly recommend Essential Sounds Entertainment! They did our wedding in Point Pleasant, NJ on 5/1/16. They are quick to respond to emails, calls and answer numerous questions as well as providing lots of song examples. Our DJ, Anthony Yepez and PJ Windle ARE TRULY AWESOME! It could not have been a success without you! Anthony gave us great ideas for reception introduction songs, spoke clearly and has a humorous spin that made the night a night to remember, especially when the young kids caught the bouquet & garter!!!

Joseph & Lauren Kowtko
    Wedding date: 5/1/16

Sent on 05/04/2016
  • Y

Yasmin · Married on 04/30/2016

These guys did an awesome job of getting people of all ages on the dance floor. PJ is super professional and a really nice guy. We live in Boston, so we met PJ via Skype and knew on the spot that we wanted him as our DJ. Thanks so much for a fantastic reception!

Sent on 07/01/2016
  • User6320741 · 2+ years ago

If you are looking for a DJ, look no further. Essential Sounds Entertainment is the best around- there are no better other options for your wedding. PJ Windle is awesome. PJ made everything so easy. As soon as the music started, the dance floor was packed. And guests did not leave the dance floor all night. We left most of the music choices up to PJ and he knew exactly what to play to get our guests up and dancing. PJ promised he would ROCK our wedding and that's exactly what he did. Thank you to PJ and Chris for everything- everyone left happy and exhausted from dancing all night!!

Sent on 04/24/2016
  • Simin

Simin · Married on 04/15/2016

Honestly don't even think about it, just book PJ. He knows what he's doing and was amazing during the planning process. He kept everyone entertained with his MC and DJ skills and everyone had good time on our wedding day. Even my old Asian family members danced! Everyone was telling me what a great DJ he was and my husband and I couldn't agree more.

Sent on 06/13/2016

John · Married on 04/09/2016

When my wife and I got engaged and we started our wedding planning, there was no other choice than to go with Essential Sounds Entertainment. I had been to weddings previously where PJ and his team provided entertainment and the pacing, energy, and professionalism were head and shoulders above all the others I have seen. Once we started working with PJ he surpassed all expectations. He was constantly in contact with us, getting to know what we liked and disliked and custom tailored our reception to be what we wanted. We were making so many last minute changes and his response was always "No Problem". Also, a huge thing for me was that he never pressured us into any types of upgrades. He mentioned all the services he offered and left it at that unless we inquired further. We did add on the photo booth which I would absolutely recommend to EVERYONE as that helped create a lot of long lasting and some really funny memories! After the reception, I received a barrage of messages on how great his team was. PJ and Chris were constantly keeping the energy up and the pacing kept everyone on the dance floor! Not once did I ever hear him ask people to start dancing, because they were already there! Thank you so much PJ and Chris for making the reception as incredible as you did!

Sent on 04/12/2016

Kalpesh · Married on 04/09/2016

Very professional and reliable service along with the extra personal touch to make the evening better then you could imagine

Sent on 04/13/2016

Michael · Married on 11/21/2015

PJ and his team are just awesome. They help you every step of the way and make everything just simple. So glad we picked Essential Sounds and everyone kept saying how much they loved our DJ!!! Thanks again!!!!

Sent on 02/04/2016

Angela · Married on 10/10/2015

Pj was nothing short of amazing and made the night so much fun!!! If your looking for a dj who will really listen and make your night special then you have it. He even ignored my drunken brother asking for dirty trap songs when I obviously don't want my grandma boogeying to that hahah I would recommend essential sounds to anyone!!! When can I book for my 25th wedding anniversary?

Sent on 10/11/2015

Antoinette · Married on 10/03/2015

From the moment we started planning our wedding, booking our DJ was a no brainer. I've known PJ since high school & have been to other weddings over the years where Essential Sounds was their entertainment and they rocked!
    Planning was effortless & PJ was always there to answer any questions we had along the way. From our introduction music, to our first dance, and other songs we never thought about PJ was so helpful. PJ even got ordained to handle our ceremony! It was exactly what we wanted, light hearted, funny, and perfect.
    From the moment we were introduced, to in between every course PJ & Chris rocked the dance floor! Everyone commented what a great time they had! Chris even stayed and handled our after party. So much fun! We can not thank you guys enough for making our day so perfect! I highly recommend using Essential Sounds Entertainment for any party youre having!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Antoinette · Married on 10/03/2015

Sent on 10/07/2015

Kristin · Married on 09/26/2015

PJ and Essential Sounds Entertainment is a must book for your wedding. From our initial meeting to the day of our reception everything was great. PJ makes you feel like he wants to be a part of your day and make it the best it can be. He is very genuine with his approach to helping with your event even if it has nothing to do with his services. I was in a panic looking for a limo and his suggestion was great and affordable! PJ is very thorough with what kind of music you like and don't like. He helped us pick songs for every part of the reception and gave us a huge list of suggestions for items we couldn't choose like the garter off and entrance songs. A month or 2 before the wedding we decided we wanted a photobooth and there was no problem booking this service so close to the wedding. So happy we ended up going with it because it was one of the highlights of the evening. Everyone had so much fun with all the provided props and the book of pictures and well wishes we received at the end of the night was great to look through after the wedding. The music at the reception was always going and everyone was out dancing. One of the best moments was the tarantella and we even got to do it twice after somehow I missed the first part of it the first time around. We highly recommend PJ and the rest of the staff at Essential Sounds Entertainment for any event!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Albie · Married on 09/20/2015

Just like the name states, its essential to have PJ and his staff on your wedding day to keep the dance floor packed all night long. From the start we explained to PJ we wanted to keep an upbeat tempo throughout the wedding cause we love to dance and he delivered. From the initial interaction with him, PJ is very thorough and well organized to ensure he customizes the day to what each bride and groom is looking for. We utilized him for a few other services to enhance the day with a photo montage and up lighting which was a great touch to add to the atmosphere.

Overall the night went as planned and essential sounds delivered with the perfect blend of music that we wanted on our wedding night. His attention to detail helped make this the perfect day for us. Thank you so much to you and your staff for making this the best day of our lives!

Albie & Nicole

Sent on 09/30/2015

I cannot recommend PJ and Essential Sounds Entertainment highly enough!!! I had contacted many DJs, but none of them had made me feel as confident as PJ did. From the first time I emailed him for information on his company and services, I knew he was the one we wanted at our wedding. He was SO responsive every step of the way. I don't think I ever waited more than 5 minutes for a response from him - and that's not an exaggeration! :) As someone who was very stressed out about the details (especially in the few weeks before the wedding), I can't tell you how amazing it was to know I could rely on PJ to answer my every question and listen to my every request - within minutes!! My husband and I also didn't want too many bells and whistles, and PJ never once made us feel pressured to do or have more. He respected our every wish.

We lived a little far from PJ, but he was always willing to make the time to talk to us via webcam. This was also huge and put us at such ease. Even though we couldn't have an in-person interaction with him before the big day, we still got to talk to him face to face over the computer, which was so great.

And the day of was perfect! He had everyone dancing, he listened to our every music request, and he emceed perfectly without being obtrusive (which was exactly what we wanted). He even made sure to check in with both us, both before our entrance into the reception, and during the reception to make sure everything was going well. It was a perfect night and everything that we hoped it would be. Thank you so much Essential Sounds Entertainment!!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Melissa · Married on 08/28/2015

My Fiance and I went to a wedding last year in May and PJ from Essential Sounds Entertainment who DJ-ed the event just blew us away! We knew then that we needed to book him for our wedding in August 2015. Like our friend's wedding in May, people were up dancing at our wedding this past Friday immediately after the introductions and first dances. Leaving their salads to sit lol. PJ just knows how to work the crowd and get the party going. Everyone loved him and his staff. So many compliments poured in from our Guests. We had a photo booth which we booked through him and also got our place cards from him as well which were beautiful. They were done in photo frames so the guests could then have a frame for their strip of pictures from the photo booth! We also had lighting which really enhanced the room. He is a complete professional and made sure he took care of everything. Ensuring that everything went smoothly. It was such a joy to work with him and I would HIGHLY recommend him and his company and his staff. Whether it's for a wedding or a party, PJ is your guy! Thanks PJ and Essential Sounds Entertainment! From Missy and Charles :)

Sent on 08/31/2015

Erin · Married on 08/22/2015

PJ was outstanding! From the first time I contacted him until the day of the wedding he was very professional, responsive and easy to work with. He put us at such ease and we had total confidence that he'd do a great job. When I talk to people about the wedding they always comment on how great the DJ was and how much fun they had. I really appreciate how easy he made things for us. We met him at the time we booked and then two weeks before the wedding. He asked great questions and made sure he understood our style and what we liked. Him being so easily reachable via email was a huge help when I had questions. I never felt like I was bothering him when I did have a questions. Other vendors can definitely make you feel like that. Thanks PJ!!

Sent on 09/16/2015
  • tmartino18

Taylor · Married on 08/21/2015

PJ at Essential Sounds was a pleasure to work with leading up to our wedding and our guests loved dancing the night away. Thank you for helping make our wedding that much more memorable!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Julie · event on: 08/15/2015

Anthony was amazing! Very personable, very professional - gave us EXACTLY what we wanted, when we wanted it to make the evening a total success! I unreservedly recommend Essential Sounds and Anthony Yepez and will definitely use them again!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Sandy · Married on 07/24/2015

It was a real pleasure to work with PJ. He is so quick to respond to emails (it always felt like he responded before I even hit send!) and he has great recommendations on songs and how to structure and time the reception. He's easy going and pleasant to work with, and we would recommend him in a heart beat. We also got so many compliments on how much fun our guests had at the reception, mostly because of PJ's great song choices! He also works with a very talented pianist, Jerzy Jung, who we were honored to have play for our ceremony and cocktail hour.

PJ is also one of the recommended vendors for Doolan's Shore Club. He really knows the space and staff and it made the whole day come together very smoothly.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Cathy · Married on 07/12/2015

We had the best time at our wedding thanks to PJ and Essential Sounds Entertainment! From start to finish, it was a pleasure working with PJ. He was always very quick to respond to emails, and he made sure to play all the songs we wanted to hear. He also sat down and went over every detail of our wedding with us, from the ceremony to the last song. It really put us at ease and calmed our pre-wedding jitters!

We first contacted PJ because he had been recommended to us by a friend. We wanted to shop around and look at other DJs before committing to someone, but after speaking with PJ, we knew he had to be our DJ! PJ is so down to earth and he really knows how to read a crowd. If you want everyone to be up dancing and having a blast at your wedding, I highly recommend Essential Sounds Entertainment!

Sent on 08/03/2015

PJ did both my ceremony music and reception for my July 10, 2015 wedding. Initially I booked with him because he is so fast with responding to my emails. He always responded within 10 minutes of the message going out. I also liked that he did meetings via web cam, which was important to me because my husband and I lived out of state. The day of my wedding went perfectly. All the music was the way it should be my guests had a great time. PJ even checked in with my husband and I throughout the evening to see if we needed anything. I had a great experience with Essential Sounds and it was the one part of my wedding I didn't have to worry about!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Megan · Married on 07/04/2015

PJ Windle was awesome. I had a couple last minute changes and he happily took care of them for me. I would recommend Essential Sounds to anyone!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Sent on 07/08/2015

Nick · Married on 06/26/2015

PJ provided absolutely incredible service and I recommend him without qualification or hesitation. Many of our guests commented on how impressed they were and he helped my wife and I have the wedding of our dreams. Here are a couple of reasons why:

-Communication: PJ was incredible with communication. Chloe and I live in India, yet he was able to accommodate our scheduling and communication needs. He was responsive, thorough, and proactive while also being flexible.

-Professionalism: PJ takes his job very seriously. I am a huge "music guy," as were many of our guests. Speaking with PJ, it was clear that this was somebody who sees DJing as a true profession. His experience helped guide us through every decision.

-Music Selection: Our guest list involved a difficult balancing act. A portion of the guest list involved indie and alternative musicians, while others wanted top-40 and oldies. PJ helped guide us through a list that balanced this brilliantly and all of guests were extremely satisfied.

Whether music is the thing you care about most, or something upon which you want to defer completely to a DJ, I recommend PJ 100% and I have never seen someone do it better.

Sent on 11/14/2015