Essential DJ Service Reviews

Essential DJ Service 3
Essential DJ Service 4

Lara Raymond · Married on 08/26/2018

Accompdating

Jon went out of his way to find my processional song, which could not be found on iTunes. He gave lots of suggestions, but I always felt listened to. When there was about a half an hour left of the reception he came over and asked me what songs I really wanted to hear from my list.

Jamie · Married on 07/14/2018

Jon was in touch with me to firm things up with our wedding and was a very easy going DJ to work with!! Great taste in music and the lighting he brought really got the party started after all the formal wedding event stuff!!!

Essential DJ Service 6

Brandon · Married on 04/28/2018

I highly recommend Jon if you are looking for a DJ who can read a crowd and keep people on the dance floor!

Prior to the wedding, Jon drove up to meet us at our reception venue for an afternoon and he gave us a ton of advice on setup, the flow of the night, and was able to help us with lighting to fit the venue and everything. He helped us decide on so many small but important details about the reception that we hadn't even thought about yet. He's truly an expert at what he does and he went above and beyond the call of duty to make our event spectacular.

We honestly didn't spend as much time as we should have providing Jon with a list of songs we wanted to hear, but based on our list of maybe 30 songs and a short do-not-play list he was able to expand a full nights playlist that we loved based on our taste. He kept my 20-something year old friends on the dance floor, he kept our 30 something year old cousins on the dance floor, and he somehow kept even our 40 to 60 year old aunts and uncles on the dance floor for the entire night. It was so much fun!

An evening of dancing and celebration was what we wanted out of our reception, so choosing an awesome DJ was one of our biggest priorities. Jon absolutely delivered!

Essential DJ Service 7
    Essential DJ Service 8

Alison · Married on 08/29/2015

Jon kept everyone dancing all night! Throughout planning the event and the wedding itself, Jon was very laid back and able to go with the flow - our timelines shifted a bit here and there and he made sure everything went smoothly when it came to the ceremony and the entire reception. There were many things that we had a hard time selecting music for, and Jon was a great help with recommendations. Jon was extremely professional, and very easy to work with. He may come at a slightly higher price than other DJs, but it was well worth having a vendor I didn't need to manage, could trust, and pulled his job off flawlessly.

Tricia · Married on 07/18/2015

John was absolutely fantastic. He was a part of the reason our wedding was perfect! He listened to exactly what we wanted and put together a great song list. We keep getting compliments on how great our wedding was and we owe a thank you to John for that. We didn't want all the typical wedding traditions and John was very easy to deal with. He did exactly what we wanted and had some great ideas himself. We really couldn't be happier with his service and would highly recommend him for any event.

J. · Married on 06/06/2015

Essential DJ Service was very thorough and accommodating! After the wedding our friends and family kept commenting on how amazing the music was throughout the whole reception (cocktail hour, dinner, and dance). My husband and I have very eclectic tastes in music. We knew that what we normally love to listen to, is not what people can dance too (or for that matter may even be familiar to them). So after discussing this with Jon at Essential DJ Service we found that playing a list of our favorites made nice dinner music. I felt like this made everyone happy in the end. When it came to the dance music, Jon knew what people wanted to dance too. My husband and I definitely needed help in that department and Jon knew how to compose a great mix of newer music plus some of the classics. He even took some of our suggestions and threw them in the mix of music too. This appealed to the young and old at the reception and made everyone get on the dance floor at least once or twice, which was awesome to see!
    Also, we met with Jon (either in person or on the phone) a few times before the wedding to go over the order of the evening. He was very responsive to any email we sent. Essential DJ Service also has a great selection of colors for uplighting available too which made the reception venue look amazing. I recommend Essential DJ Service because he knows how to make everyone happy and have a good time!

Mary · Married on 08/02/2014

Jon is an exceptional DJ and maintained the highest level of professionalism during every interaction we had with him. We even had a mixup with our vendor, causing us to have to leave the site earlier than intended. He was unflappable and courteous to all. I would heartily recommend his services for any event.

Nicole · Married on 10/05/2013

Essential DJ Service was awesome! He met with us more than once before the event so that we felt comfortable with everything throughout the night despite the fact that we did not have a rehersal dinner! He recommended our officiant to us, which we loved. He was more than willing to do anything it took to make our night special. My husband loves batman and our introduction was a batman themed skit...Essential DJ Service went above and beyond to make sure that it ran smoothly and was even able to get the origional batman theme song for us! Thanks Essential DJ Service, for making our day special!

Tammy · Married on 10/05/2013

Jon was a wonderful DJ. He not only helped us with the music, he ran our whole evening. He met with us several times and offered great suggestions to help our wedding be so wonderful. I would highly recommend him .

Great experience! Jon listened to our requests and worked with us to make our day special. We really enjoyed the dance party at our reception! I would definitely recommend using him!

Lindsey · Married on 06/29/2013

Jon was excellent! He made the wedding perfect with his flexibility, great ideas, and awesome choices in music. I've told everyone I know that is engaged about him and would highly recommend him! Thanks so much Jon!

mike · Married on 06/29/2013

Awesome job. Did everything we asked and more. Conducted event superbly. Many complements from the guest and many thanks from me. Helped to make our special day that much more special. Thanks for everything, will definitely use again.

Nicole · Married on 06/22/2013

Jon was very responsive and showed that he cared about our event. He met with us several times before the event to go over all the specifics and called us a few days before just to make sure everything was set. Also, on the day of the event, our string trio, which we booked for ceremony music was running late. Jon setup a speaker outside as a backup plan which was not part of the original plan. He was ready with an extra small speaker and willing to help cover for us just in case in order to make sure that our event went smoothly. He showed that he was willing to go above and beyond his original promise.

Allen · Married on 06/15/2013

Although the state of Maryland has embraced marriage equality, we were apprehensive about finding an experienced DJ who would feel comfortable being the DJ and MC at a gay wedding. We didn't need a "gay-DJ"... but we did want someone who felt at ease with our family, friends and colleagues... and Jon Carpenter EXCEEDED ALL OF OUR EXPECTATIONS!

He was friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Jon helped us with our music selection, and was flexible with our needs. He met us at the venue to preview where he'd be setting-up and to give us some "real-life" examples of the uplighting.

The sound system was SUPERB! Full range, high quality, rich tones...we LITERALLY had random hotel guests wander into our reception because they thought the hotel had opened a night club. It was JUST THAT GOOD!!

Even BETTER was Jon's light show! We assumed that portable lighting could not match night club lighting. But we were wrong about that! Portable-lighting does NOT mean "inferior". Jon's lighting was OVER THE TOP... and TRULY helped with our celebration!! Jon also helped us by making a special effort to arrange the rental of a follow-spotlight for the Cher impersonator that we'd hired.

Jon kept in touch with us during the weeks leading up to the wedding day. Jon arrived early, set-up quickly, and at the end of the night he packed-up quickly too.

We provided our own playlist, a do-not-play list... and we gave Jon the flexibility to judge the crowd's energy level to play his own selections as well. The dance floor was FILLED THE ENTIRE NIGHT.

We wanted a DJ with a professional-sounding announcer's voice (check!) who would speak and announce when needed (check!) but who wasn't one of those silly DJ's who talk constantly (double-check!).

My husband and I sincerely and wholeheartedly recommend Essential DJ Service! One-stop shopping for EVERYTHING you need! His pricing was the perfect fit for our budget, and we received MUCH MORE than we expected.

Ryan · Married on 05/18/2013

Jon helped make the overall process very easy for us. From beginning to end, Jon was very professional and responded quickly to any questions or concerns we had.

I would highly recommend Essential DJ Service to anyone looking for a DJ in the future.

Thanks again, Jon!

Christina · Married on 03/23/2013

Awsome, John is amazing. Very flexiable with working with you and around scheduals. He can get anything you want.

Essential DJ Service provided an excellent set-up for our wedding ceremony and for our reception (which was on two floors). They definitely made our wedding memorable by taking into account our preferences on music and by keeping our guests dancing! Additionally, they responded quickly to all emails/phone calls when we had questions and were professional/willing to work with us throughout the wedding planning process! We would definitely recommend Essential DJ Service to anyone looking for an outstanding DJ company for their event!

Jon from Essential DJ Services was the DJ for my wedding reception and cocktail hour. Working with Jon was an awesome experience. He is very knowledgeable and helped guide me to set up my perfect day! He really got the guests going even though our wedding was small. I would absolutely recommend Jon!

Abby · Married on 08/11/2012

We booked Essential DJ Service for our wedding, and we could not have been happier with our choice. From the beginning, Jon was professional and proactive, helping us plan the perfect reception from cocktail hour through our final song. Jon was patient as we made changes through the planning process even up to right before the introductions when we threw him a curve ball with a major alteration in our introductions. At all points, Jon was composed, graceful and instructive. He helped me as a bride by taking the reception completely off my stress list, and he helped my new husband as a groom by guiding us and giving him a voice (when he wanted one) in all parts of the party process.
    The night of the event, Jon arrived early, set up quickly, and promptly checked in with us when requested at our arrival. All night, he kept us on a schedule, executing our activities/events flawlessly while still being flexible to allow our reception to flow naturally. Our guests are still talking about the great music, light show and great organization at our event.

Thank you Jon! You made our night!

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2012

Jon was very easy to do business with and he was a pleasure to have at our wedding.

Diane · Married on 04/14/2012

Jon Carpenter is a wonderful DJ and quite the professional! The music played through out the day was fantastic and included a college of upbeat tunes, paired with classical and contemporary songs too. He arrived on time and even changed his attire to a suit with a matching red tie, to match our wedding theme of red and white. Thank you Jon for being a part of our wedding day you made it all the more special!
    David and Diane Boggs

Chelsea · Married on 02/04/2012

Jon provided us with a lot of great ideas that we wouldn't have thought of otherwise. He made the focus of the day about us and made sure we would be pleased with everything. He went above and beyond what most djs would have done, gladly undertaking special requests that we had throughout our wedding reception. There was a great atmosphere, thanks in large part to Jon's positive, open attitude and the amazing equipment he provided. We would definitely use this service again.

Alisha · Married on 09/10/2011

Jon was very professional and showed experience throughout the entire process. He worked with us so that our reception would go as smooth as possible. He met with us before the wedding and was very attentive to our music preferences giving us valuable advice, input, and ideas. His prices were also very reasonable. I would hire Jon again.

madison · Married on 07/16/2011

I could not have been happier with my dj choice for my July 16th wedding in Gettysburg, Pa. The previous year, I was able to see Jon in action at my sister's wedding. I was thoroughly impressed ,and with high reccomendations from my sister, I hired him asap! I gave him a detailed song list and he was still able to add music choices that everyone loved! The dancefloor was packed with dancers, including the little ones! He asked all the right questions to keep me organized and to make sure my day would be perfect. He made accomadations to suit my preferences, including a duet in lieu of a father dance. He showed up dressed to impress, and I was surprised to see a light fixture on the floor that stated our names over the dance floor; a notable special addition. I was also VERY impressed by Jon's remixes! He mixed three of my favorite songs which was a huge hit of the night, and he even played a song again for me when I had missed it! After the wedding, I asked Jon to send me a copy of the wedding music and he immediately responded with a yes! I can not thank Jon enough for all he did to make our wedding day so special, and know you will not come away dissapointed when you choose Jon.