Essense of Australia Reviews

50 | Laurel, MS

50 Reviews for Essense of Australia

I drove up from Salt Lake City to try on a dress they ordered in for me. These lovely ladies not only had the gown all ready for me when I got there but they were so incredibly helpful in the process. They suggested things I never thought of with the dress I decided on and it was wonderful. I highly recommend this bridal shop to anyone looking for a dress! I ordered my dress and they shipped it to my house to save me a 4 hour drive to pick it up. I am so very impressed with the dress I ordered, Stella York has an amazing line up of gowns and I am very happy I made the drive to see the ladies at this store. I will recommend anyone to them. They are fantastic!!!

Sent on 05/10/2014

I ordered my dress through The Bridal Loft in Pensacola, FL.

The store and employees were incredible!

The dress was stunning and the best quality I have ever seen (I worked in a dress shop for 4+ years)

Loved my dress!

Sent on 01/02/2015

Dawn was a breath of fresh air! You visit her shop by appointment only, so you are the only special bride there and does she make you feel special! She is very knowledgeable and her sample sales were a lifesaver for us on a budget. The gowns were gorgeous and for a small shop the selection was perfect.
    Loved the entire experience.

Sent on 02/17/2013

Harriet · Married on 06/22/2013

Essense of Australia has the most elegant dresses I've ever seen. Their quality is just amazing and the style is so unique. Bought a beautiful wedding gown from them and I couldn't be more satisfied with my decision.

Sent on 05/16/2013
  • Kerly And Diego

kerly · Married on 10/17/2015

I found my perfect dress!, the staff was friendly, courteous, helpful, they worked with my budget and my short timeline for dress alterations, very happy with the service.

Sent on 09/04/2015

since my wedding was a forest one and i had ordered a dress from Tbdress, I decided to order another for the night party after the wedding since my wedding dress wasn't perfect for a night event. This is the greatest site that shipped it to me.

Sent on 05/08/2014

Beautiful, quality dresses. I worked in a bridal shop and modeled gowns for years, and I insisted on this designer.

Sent on 04/06/2013

Dress ended up costing more than I was hoping but I honestly had a 'this is THE dress' moment when I tried the dress on. It's so lovely, I'm not typically so flustered by things like this but it makes me feel so beautiful.

Sent on 10/14/2015
  • User5191354 · 2+ years ago

3.0

I purchased my Essense of Australia gown from CC's Boutique in St. Petersburg, FL. It's everything I dreamed of and more! I'm very pleased with the gown. There was some fraying on the lace when I tried it on in the store. My seamstress said it wouldn't be a problem to fix so I am not too concerned. I'm very excited to wear this dress on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Beautiful dresses! Great fit and quality. Love my dress!

Sent on 02/10/2014

Ak · Married on 07/19/2014

3.0

I loooove essence of australia dresses. I bought myself one and everytime i see it is better. 100% recomended

Sent on 04/22/2014

Dress was so beautiful. I wanted zipper back but they could only do it with lace up back. In the end it fit amazing and looked great on the day!

Sent on 04/06/2015
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 09/26/2020

Quality of Dresses

Love there dresses, I got the style D2810 and am so happy about it. Its beautiful and the dresses are reasonably priced.

Sent on 10/16/2019

4.2

Good company with great prices!

Sent on 03/10/2015

3.0

Great dresses at a great price point. I used it as a "starting point" and had by tailor customize the beading and fit.

Sent on 09/24/2015
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/14/2016

3.6
      3.0

This beautiful dress completely made my day. Thanks.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Lynn · Married on 07/28/2018

2.4
      2.5
      2.0
      1.5

My Essence of Australia dress was ordered in January 2018 and came in in plenty of time- early May 2018. The upper bodice is entirely lace and is beautiful but I was very disappointed in the finishing work that was done. The end of a piece of lace trim on the short sleeve was not tacked down and was left to flap around and fray. That made me look more closely and there were several long clear and solid threads hanging in different places from the bodice, both inside and out. My mom is experienced in alterations and was confident she could deal with this rather than send it back but honestly, for what it cost it should have had much more attention paid to the final finishing details. It's a shame because I had been recommending this line of dresses to my friends and now I'm not sure about it.

Sent on 05/05/2018

Essense of Australia's reply:

Lynn, We are so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your contact information so we can look into this further. Best, The Essense of Australia Team

jessica · Married on 11/24/2018

1.2
      1.0

BEAUTIFUL DRESS. However, I haven't even received it yet. The bridal shop told me that they haven't even shipped it yet. My wedding is in less than two months and my dress STILL is not here. I ordered the dress and paid for it LAST YEAR in July 2017. WHERE IS MY DRESS.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Essense of Australia's reply:

Jessica, we are so sorry to hear about this. Please send us a private message with your contact information and the bridal shop you have been working with so we can look into this further.

Best,
    The Essense of Australia Team

Julie · Married on 06/21/2014

1.0

I found my Essence of Australia dream dress (D1367) at a salon and when trying to order it, was told that it did not come in my size. I then went to another salon in search of a new dream dress since I couldn't order the one I wanted. They pulled the same dress (D1367) and when I said I loved it but that I was told it didn't come in my size they told me that I had been misinformed- and that they COULD get it. So, I ordered it then and there.

Later, the first salon called to follow up with me- and I told them that I did order the dress that their salesperson told me I couldn't get. The owner stated that she personally called Essence to double check and was told they DONT make it in my size.

I tried calling Essence Customer service to find out once and for all of they make D1367 in my size, or if the salon where I have already paid in full for the dress (and where they stated they already ordered it from essence.) Essence customer service REFUSED to Tell me if that dress comes in my size- because I am "just a customer and not a retailer." They refused to tell me if they have received an order for my dress, or even tell me which retailer has the correct information.

Now, I have paid over $2300.00 for a dress and I don't know if one will come in the size I need- to the place I ordered it.

Sent on 01/23/2015

Sheila · Married on 05/27/2017

0.8
      2.0

Tried on a gown in a blush color-loved it! Ordered it in an Ivory option which was shown online (didn't want to be in a light pink dress for the wedding day) and when the dress came in-months later, it was SHEER on top. I could see my skin through the lace. The blush color gown I tried on was not at all sheer-I would have never ordered anything that was see-through on top? I called and spoke with someone in customer service (he was actually really nice and listened to my whole story while I cried) but in the end I was told each gown is specifically made for the person ordering it and there was nothing they could do but offer me the advice to get the gown lined with additional fabric. I had already spent $1600.00 on the gown, it came in differently from what I had tried on (and different from the ivory color showed online-the model is in no way wearing a sheer top gown) and the only advice or support they could give me was to find a good seamstress. I was really sad, disappointed, and I felt the company did a really poor job of supporting a customer who was disappointed in their product. I cried for several days thinking about how uncomfortable I would feel in the gown, on my wedding day, wearing something that showed my skin through the top. I also just felt angry and as though it was unfair for me to be spending more money to have a seamstress fix the gown I had already spent so much money on, that was show so differently than what it was in person. I hate writing bad reviews for anyone or any company and I never do it, but in this case, and after sharing my story and photos with so many people, everyone agreed the gown that I tried on and the gown shown online looked so drastically different from what I received- I had to get my story out there. Do not order a dress from Essence unless you have tried on the exact color that you order. If it comes in and you can see through it and it looks like a completely different dress-there will be no resolution offered.

Sent on 06/08/2017

Hi Shiela,

We are so sorry you are unhappy with your dress. In order to help you out, we will need to collect some more information from you. Please send us a direct message or a response with your full name, the style number of your dress and the store that you purchased the dress out.

Thanks and we'll talk soon!
    The Essense of Australia Team

Mary · Married on 08/01/2017

0.6
      0.5

Do not choose essence of Australia d2042!!!! They do not train staff and you get the wrong dress!!! contacting company direct is a waste of time!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Mary,

Lisa · Married on 10/06/2018

0.5

I purchased Essence of Australia D2027 at a store in Gaithersburg, Maryland. The store measured me and told me to get a size 8, which i did based on their expertise. The dress arrived and it is way too small. The fabric is pulling in every direction and the dress barely zippers. The manager admitted that they should have ordered the 10--I was in between sizes and the size 10 sample was too big, so they ordered down, but really should have ordered up in the end. The owner will do nothing to rectify the situation (they will not try to get a larger size or give me a refund). There is no way to contact Essence of Australia for help with the matter. You would think there would be at least some customer service with Essence. Now I am out hundreds of dollars with no dress prior to my wedding in 3 months.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Essense of Australia's reply:

Lisa, we are so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your contact information so we can look into this further.
    Best, The Essense of Australia Team

Janell · Married on 08/18/2018

0.5

Absolutely horrible. Save yourself a headache and go with a dress company that actually cares about their actual customers vs retailers. Bought a dress months ago and finally arrived went to try on the dress and it was a complete disaster. Wrinkled, discolored, with beads falling off and the wrong size and no tags. Looked worst then when I tried on the sample. Their authorized retailer “rushed” me another one and sent me the order number. I contacted essense through multiple vechicals and finally got a response on fb only to tell me they won’t tell me anything and they only will work with the retailer. Absolutely ridiculous. Weeks away from my wedding and minutes away of just buying a whole new dress and no one will help me. Brides save yourself a headache and find a different dress manufacturer that actually cares about their customer and their quality of product. Oh and I got charged for shipping too so crazy.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Essense of Australia's reply:

Janell, we are so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your contact information so we can look into this further. Best, The Essense of Australia Team

Aimee · Married on 01/01/2016

0.5

On January 17, 2015 I purchased my wedding dress in full. The shop, Bridal Sophisticate, did not notify me that they were closing...in fact, I found out accidentally. I just received word that Essense of Australia will in fact not be sending me the dress to my home as promised to me on the phone. They will be holding my dress in NY until another authorized retailer is found to send the dress to. Wait, there's more...I will then have to REPURCHASE my dress from the authorized retailer. Yanno, the dress that I already PAID FOR IN FULL. So Doesn't that sound like Essense of Australia will be paid twice?

Essense can still make this right by giving me the dress I paid for, at which time I will modify your review from .5 star perhaps to 2. If you do something to make up for your egregious mistake and show that you can actually provide excellent customer service above and beyond, I might consider a 4.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Emma · Married on 07/14/2017

0.2
      0.0
      0.0
      0.5

I ordered my dress in Novemeber 2015 because I loved the sample dress I tried on. Received my dress in April 2016 and it looked NOTHING like the dress I ordered. Even though the dress I ordered was a smaller size, there was much more fabric than the sample which made me look heavier. Not a dress I would have picked for my wedding day. I now have to send the dress back to Essense of Australia to see if it qualifies to be returned, even though it looks nothing like the dress I originally wanted. I am so upset with this company and how this dress looks.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Emma,

We are so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your contact information so we can make sure the correct person gets this taken care of for you.

Best,