Espresso Dave's Specialty Coffee Catering Reviews

58 | Boston, MA

58 Reviews for Espresso Dave's Specialty Coffee Catering

Jamie · Married on 12/31/2012

Dave was amazing to have part of my wedding. My guest enjoyed it and raved about his services. Dave was a pleasure to do business with, great communication. Highly recommend him for your next social event.

Sent on 02/24/2015

John · Married on 10/28/2012

I can not say enough about Espresso Dave and his wonderful espresso bar! I wanted to do something that was never done before and Dave was a little reluctant to do it but I'm so glad he stuck with it because it was one of the highlights to my Spectacular wedding!!! I won't give it away but my wedding will be on TLC's four weddings on 03/01/13 and you can see what he did first hand. Guests are still talking about it.
    His cart was so cool and his espressos was deliouses and not 1 complaint from the many Italians (including myself!) that attended our wedding, which is a HUGE compliment in itself!
    Would I hire espresso Dave again? In a heart beat he is a class act all the way!

Sent on 02/15/2013

John,
    Thank you for the kind words! It was a great pleasure to participate in your wedding. Looking forward to the upcoming airing of TLC's Four Weddings!
    All the best to you and your lovely bride!
    Dave

Espresso Dave is a coffee lover's dream! He was the highlight of my wedding - I had a daytime brunch theme and the coffee hit the spot for my guests. It was extremely hot that day and his Frozen Mochaccinos were DELICIOUS! Dave helped me plan out a personalized coffee menu with cute names like "Kiss-the-Bride-ccino". He was extremely creative. He served my wedding of 85+ guests with ease. My husband, his family, and I are extreme coffee enthusiasts who drink Starbucks french roast only. His drinks met our standards and more! I would highly recommend him for your event.

Sent on 08/31/2012

Hannah · Married on 12/05/2015

He was very professional, a one man show! Everyone loved the drinks, and he was very flexible as far as additional hours, etc. The price seems a little steep, but there's no one out there like him! His basic menus has quite a wide variety, not to mention the additional menu items that you can add!

Sent on 12/14/2015

gloria · Married on 04/25/2015

Espresso Dave and his cappuccino cart was a last minute addition to the wedding. I googled coffee catering and found Espresso Dave. I was excited at the prospect of custom hand crafted espresso beverages. I hired him, only to find out that although he offered cappuccino, lattes, mochaccino, chai lattes, all in regular or decaf, hot or iced, flavor shots, and non-dairy options, he did not offer… coffee just plain old Joe. I was worried the older generation would be overwhelmed by the fancy schmancy coffee, but it turned out fine. I didn't have any complaints about the lack of normal coffee. My husband thought the cappuccino cart was awesome and enjoyed an iced mochaccino to cool off from the dancing.

Dave was on time and friendly to all my guest. People loved him.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2014

3.5

We hired Espresso Dave to provide espresso cart beverage at our wedding. My husband and I met at Starbucks and both have a daily coffee habit. Between that and my being from Seattle where coffee carts are a part of the landscape, we thought that Espresso Dave would be a perfect way to personalize our wedding, and we were right! Dave was very flexible in when he would serve, for how long, and when and where he would set up. The drinks were delicious and guests loved his frozen selection since it was over 90 degrees that day. The only thing I would keep in mind was that it was a bit difficult to communicate with him via email, but once my husband picked up the phone, everything went much more smoothly.

Sent on 04/01/2015

Espresso Dave's Specialty Coffee Catering's reply:

Jessica, thank you for all of your kinds words about the service we provided at your wedding. We try our best to respond to clients in a timely fashion. We have exciting news: our new website (just published this week) features a "Request Quote"form for brides to use. Once a bride submits her request, we respond within minutes! And, for us, the best part is that all the event information is captured immediately which allows us to start a virtual file for the event. We're excited!

Andrea · Married on 09/28/2014

3.0

We booked Espresso Dave a few weeks before our late September wedding. Guests LOVED the drinks - in particular the special frozen ones which we added just a few days before, as we had an unseasonably warm day (85+ degrees!) - they were absolutely deeeelish and so much fun!

However, if I had to give a concern, it would be communication - response time was ok, but I felt a little uncared for which was surprising after reading so many amazing reviews about the personal attention given, custom drinks designed, etc. I never got the chance to speak directly with anyone from the company even though I requested a call, and was a little surprised no one approached me at the wedding to say hello and make sure everything was as I had hoped.

All in all, having the cute cart there as a surprise during dancing was a total hit and I'm glad we chose to have espresso drinks for our health-conscious crowd vs. a more extensive dessert station or ice cream. I would absolutely hire them again, and hope to do so for other parties, ideally with more time to meet to discuss the menu, etc.

Sent on 11/06/2014

Espresso Dave's Specialty Coffee Catering's reply:

Andrea, thank you for all of your kinds comments about the service we provided on your big day! We try our best to respond to clients in a timely fashion. We have exciting news: our new website (just published this week) features a "Request Quote"form for brides to use. Once a bride submits her request, we respond within minutes! And, for us, the best part is that all the event information is captured immediately which allows us to start a virtual file for the event. We prefer email over phone calls. While we're at an event, it is rare that we leave our station to say hello to the happy couple; in fact, we rarely take a break to eat or use the restroom. We apologize for not reaching out during the event. Usually the bride (or a representative) stops by our cart/station and we prepare something special for her.
  • StopAndMeetTheRoses

Heather · Married on 09/17/2016

2.4
      0.5
      2.0

Before Wedding: Dave and his wife are very accommodating, creative and offer a truly unique and treasured service! Flexible to incorporate unlimited beverages at a flat rate, willing to extend services for ceremony, cocktail hour, etc as well for a small additional cost. Very impressed by selection of drink options and additives like personalized message to commemorate the couple, wedding date, etc on an edible disk that rests on the foam of a latte! highly recommended!! Only issue was with responsiveness for discussion of flavors, options, next steps etc, follow up did take place but not promptly or at the agreed time discussed.
    After Wedding: Barista We hadn't met with came to be the only server for our Mocktail Hour and Reception, serving smoothies for an hour and then espresso delights for 2hrs. We had a #nowastewedding where everything was compostable. Dave had reassured us that all cups were compostable and/or recyclable and that they manage taking all of their recyclable cups to fit with the no waste wedding initiative..this was not the case. The Barista was not aware of this and all of the cups got mixed in with the compost which we had to sort through the next day. The Drinks themselves were delicious, but we were told many times to "keep it simple" instead of designing a menu of options and had to negotiate for two specialty drinks to be named. Very difficult to get a hold of, would probably not recommend for another wedding as they did not honor or initiatives and goals of no waste wedding effort.

Sent on 05/11/2016