Erika Smeltz Photography Reviews

23 | Lancaster, PA

23 Reviews for Erika Smeltz Photography

Valeria · Married on 05/18/2018

Erika was our photographer this past weekend for our wedding and she was amazing!!! She was awesome to work with and our engagement pictures were amazing so I can't wait until we get to see the wedding photos! All of our vendors worked amazing together and made our dream come true!! Our wedding day was PERFECT :)

Sent on 05/21/2018

Melinda · Married on 06/25/2016

Erika was very responsive to my initial inquiry, was willing to meet me in another city to discuss her work, and a pleasure to work with at all stages of wedding preparation. Her professionalism at our first meeting over coffee immediately put me at ease. At the conclusion of our meeting, I was quite confident that we had chosen the perfect wedding photographer. Erika was willing to do engagement photos in multiple locations, unique wedding shots from rooftops and shots taken from the ground to capture the church architecture. She and her assistant were attentive to every detail on the wedding day, including things we requested and those which she captured with a knowing eye. The end result of 16 months of planning?!? FABULOUS PHOTOS!!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/14/2016

Erika was accommodating, thoughtful and creative. Our final albums had pictures taken that I had no idea were taken! That's the whole idea right?! Thank you erika!

Sent on 08/18/2016

n · Married on 10/10/2015

Great photographer, she did our engagement photos and our wedding. She was very professional and creative, making sure to get all our requested shots. I loved the hard copy album! it is so easy to share with family, i plan on ordering more for close relatives, I highly recommend the album!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Haley · Married on 09/06/2015

Erika was great from right from the start. She was very organized and prepared from the beginning consultation, to the wedding day. All the photos that were taken came back awesome! I could not have asked for a better photographer for my wedding day! I would Highly recommend Erika for any photography needs.

Sent on 03/29/2016

Emily · Married on 07/25/2015

If I could provide Erika a 10 out of 5, I would! I can't say enough about her and the quality of her services. My husband and I said hands down she was probably the best investment for our wedding besides our wedding planner. I have already recommended her to various friends and family and can't wait for babies some time so I can have her take those pictures and just see her! Everything with the process was thorough and smooth, professional and fun! I loved my engagement photos and wedding photos so much and Erika really strived to incorporate new and unique ideas that matched our style... come on, she even let us take photos with our dog for the wedding!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Angela · Married on 06/21/2015

We came to Erika after having a lot of trouble with the photographer we originally hired for the wedding. Erika was quick to work with us on our price point since we had already sunk a good bit of money into the first photog, and helped us with a payment plan. She was very professional and made us feel like friends rather than customers. At the wedding, she got so many great shots despite us not wanting to be a "staged couple." The candids turned out wonderfully. Additionally, we had a miscommunication about the time she was done for the day, and she was more than obliging to stay later and capture the rest of our wonderful day. We also took her advice on the First Look and loved it. We got so many great pictures from it, and Matthew and I were able to connect just the two of us before the craziness of the day. Plus, we got to attend our cocktail hour! The timeliness of the photos was also great. It was just a day shy of 8 weeks, and we had OVER 1200 photographs. If you're looking for a great price, and a personal relationship with your photographer, Erika is the way to go.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Amy · Married on 05/09/2015

We were thrilled with our choice to have Erika as our photographer. She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, got all the pictures we wanted in a timely fashion between the wedding and reception, and worked well with our large wedding party.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Cristen · Married on 04/11/2015

Erika and her assistant were an amazing photography choice for my wedding day. The week of my wedding Erika and I talked on the phone and planned out our whole wedding day/schedule of photography, and the day of my wedding everything flowed perfectly. We were able to take tons of photos before, during, and after the wedding. We also traveled to an outside destination to take pictures as well. Erika was on top of everything and very prompt. She kept us all on schedule the whole day and produced WONDERFUL photos. I have only received a few sneak peeks (which came a few days after the wedding), and I am already in LOVE!!!! I cannot wait to see the rest of the pictures and look forward to creating the photo album as well. If you are looking for quality photos at a reasonable price for your wedding day, then hiring Erika for your wedding day is the way to go.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Vicky · Married on 08/24/2014

I love working with Erika. She is completely professional and made sure that we had our photos done well, but also in a timely manner so that we could enjoy our party. She is organized and her photos are great. I hired her first for my sons newborn photos when he was born, and then again for my wedding. If I have any events in the future I will be sure to hire her again.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Erika was wonderful start to finish we had a lot of switches and did somethings differently and she went with the flow and accommodated us, Professional doesn't begin to describe the service we were given

Sent on 09/03/2014

Denise · Married on 10/05/2013

Erika was awesome. She was great to work with....whatever I wanted, I got. I would higy recommend her for sure!

Sent on 02/03/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/09/2013

Professional, attentive, efficient, and amazing work. I'm also keeping her information for when I need a newborn photographer!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Cindy · Married on 12/29/2012

I hired Erika for my daugher's wedding on Dec 29th, 2012. I only had four months to plan her wedding being her then husband to be was in the military with a limited window of time to do this. Erika listened to what I wanted and was very helpful with her suggestions. She also gave me a discount being the groom was in the military. She also worked out a fair price for me since I did not want any pictures printed just on CD since my daugher would be leaving right after the wedding. The pictures turned out beautiful and captured their special day. I would recommed her services to everyone.

Cindy Baxterr

Sent on 02/18/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2012

We had Erika do our engagement pics back in feb of 2012. We fell in love with her work and now she did our wedding in oct of 2012 along with Robert sleeper. They were so awesome and we had such a blast working with Erika. Our wedding pics were more than what we expected and we loved every single one. The quality of work is so awesome and she worked with us on everything. Our wedding pics went off with no problems at all, . Erika was on top of everything and we got a lot of pics.l would not go anywhere else for pics but to Erika. She was so much fun to work with and listened to what we wanted. Awesome job. Love her work.

Sent on 02/06/2013

Sarah · Married on 06/18/2016

Great photographer! Very creative and great to work with!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Jessica · Married on 11/07/2015

It was a pleasure working with Erika for our November wedding! My husband and I came across her at a bridal show in Lancaster and wanted to speak with her further, but had to return to Maine where we were living at the time. Erika set up a Skype account to work with us and even e-mailed a document to show examples of her work as we talked. She worked with us to take our engagement photos in an area close to where we live, and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. At our wedding, Erika brought an assistant, and they were both extremely professional and dressed professionally. They were both a pleasure to work with and our pictures are beautiful. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Caitlin · Married on 07/11/2015

Erika was extremely helpful in guiding us to make decisions about our wedding pictures. I loved getting to know her at our engagement shoot first it was a great way to get comfortable with her behind the camera. She was very focused on our wedding day and made sure to take all the photos we wanted to be taken. Erika is very knowledgable in her field and we were glad we chose her.

Sent on 12/30/2015

McKenzie · Married on 12/05/2014

3.5

Erika has the kind of personality that makes you feel comfortable and natural during photos. I felt like myself all through my wedding photos, which was great for me because I didn't want to look back at my photos and find myself fake-smiling in all of them. She took charge and did a fantastic job recreating a lot of the photo ideas I wanted. The venue for the wedding and reception were mostly candlelit (which made me worry about photo quality), but Erika managed to capture the evening more clearly than I could have asked for. I'm incredibly pleased with her work.

Sent on 03/23/2015

On the day of the event Erika was professional and took charge. She was organized and ready for the job. Getting proofs back took longer than anticipated as well as receiving our sneak peak photos a few days after the wedding.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Angela · Married on 05/31/2014

4.2
      3.0

Only gave less than 5 because I have not received a response on questions I had about the album and product credit that come with our package. It also took a little longer than anticpiated to receive our photos. Other than that I have nothing but good things to say about Erika and the quality of her work. The pictures were well worth the wait.

Sent on 08/31/2014

Kia · Married on 12/13/2014

2.5

Erika did a wonderful job of really trying to understand the flow and overall theme of our wedding. She took the time to ask what my details were and use her talent and creativity to capture our special day.

Thanks for everything!

Sent on 04/03/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2015

3.4
      3.0
      3.5

I really wanted to only have good things to say. Overall, we're pleased, but not thrilled. Our biggest complaint is that the photo return time for our engagement and wedding pictures was longer than originally agreed upon. We realize this type of thing takes time, but a verbal commitment that falls through (twice) is a little disappointing. Most of our photos are beautiful, but others are sloppy. We noticed some crooked photos, photos that aren't centered and other similarly amateur mistakes. Our lighting also appeared to have created a challenge because many of our photos appear dark. All in all, Erika is very professional and good to work with. 80% of our photos are great, 20% are disappointing. We're on the fence if we'd hire her for again.

Sent on 08/08/2015