Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist Reviews

Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 5
Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 6
Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist 7

Charlotte · Married on 06/24/2017

Erica is nothing short of amazing. I worked with Erica twice this past year, once for my sisters wedding and then again for my wedding. She was not only amazing at doing our make-up, but she was so easy to be around the day of my wedding and sisters wedding. No one in my family wears a lot of make-up, and she totally understood that and made us feel comfortable in our own skin. She completed a very natural look for each of us, and the make-up did not move the entire day. I was definitely impressed. I can’t wait to use Erica again for another event in the future.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

There aren't enough positive words in the dictionary to describe Erica. She did my make up twice as a bridesmaid (where I KNEW I needed her for my own wedding) and most recently as a bride! She is truly special. She is warm, super passionate about her work and incredibly talented. Every time I leave her chair I feel like a glowing goddess-- never overdone, yet never an aspect overlooked. She is professional-- always on time and moves according to whatever schedule you give her-- yet the most down to earth person you will ever meet. I was so thankful to have her calming energy around me as I got ready for such a special yet high stress moment. Erica is amazing and if you can steal her before she is booked up you will walk into your wedding looking naturally flawless and radiant!!! So happy to have had the opportunity to work with her--- she's simply fabulous.

Sent on 06/29/2017

K · Married on 04/28/2017

An incredibly talented artist and a lovely person! Erica did makeup for six of us ranging in age from 30s–80s. Erica is careful and thoughtful, with a fun personality that makes you totally comfortable. Each of us looked and felt gorgeous, all with different styles. My mom, who’s in her 70s and was very afraid of looking “made-up” was absolutely thrilled at how naturally beautiful and young she looked. And I couldn’t have been happier with my look- in a mastery of subtle drama, Erica made my eyes look amazing behind glasses, and she found the perfect lip shade to complement my complexion and brightly patterned bridal outfit. My sister in law wanted more glam and the result was stunning. Our makeup held up all day and night. Erica is brilliant!

I don’t wear much makeup and wanted to look like myself…and as soon as I met Erica I knew it was a great decision to work with her. We had a trial, then emailed to refine a plan. She was so enthusiastic every step of the way; it was a fun process. And the travel fee to NYC? Worth every penny.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Anne · Married on 03/25/2017

Erica was perfect! She was everything I was looking for in a makeup artist for myself, my bridesmaids, and my family. She is not only extremely talented, she is professional, punctual, accommodating, and a lovely person to have as part of your team for your day. She truly took the time to make sure not only I was happy but each of my other girls as well. I would not hesitate to recommend her! Thank you so much Erica!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist's reply:

Anne--You were everything I was looking for in a bride too! Total dream to work with you. Impeccable taste and the sweetest disposition--it was truly an honor to be a part of your day and I will never forget it! Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write them for everyone to see xoxoxo
  • F

Fiona · Married on 03/11/2017

Erica is absolutely fantastic! In the words of my mother, "she is truly an artist". I found Erica through reading reviews on this website and she was the first and only make-up artist I spoke to for my wedding. I had few photos of inspiration to show Erica at my make-up trial and she understood what I was looking for right away (even if I wasn't a 100% sure what look I was going for!). On the day of my wedding (3/11/2017) , I was a little stressed with the hubbub of my family getting ready and the timing of the day. Erica saw that I was a little stressed and was able to help calm me down, by asking my sister/matron of honor to put on some music in the background. In addition, she did a fantastic job with my sisters' make-up, and my mother. My mother was very nervous about getting her make-up done but once Erica finished with her, my mother could not stop raving about how great she looked and felt. She truly made my mother feel like the mother of the bride.

Erica did such a great job with my make-up, I felt comfortable the entire night. I felt like I looked like myself, only a better of myself (which is absolutely how I wanted to feel that day).

I truly could not have asked for a better make-up artist than Erica! I never felt nervous about how my look would turn out, I completely trusted her!

Fiona Ellis

Sent on 03/15/2017

Jacqueline · Married on 08/27/2016

I can not say enough great things about Erica! She did the makeup for me and my bridesmaids in August 2016 and I was blown away by her work! She has an approachable yet very professional way about her which made me feel very comfortable. The airbrush and individual false lashes that she applied had a perfect balance of elevating my look without making me look too over done and the makeup lasted all night long!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Allison · Married on 05/14/2016

I had hired Erica to do makeup for my wedding in Danbury, CT. There were 5 of us getting makeup done, with two being moms. From my first call with Erica, I thought she was wonderful to work with. She's super friendly and has a very easy demeanor that set me at ease in one of the decisions that was most important to me for the big day. Erica also managed to come to NY for my makeup trial, which was incredibly helpful, as we were planning on a shortened timeline and it also allowed us to combine the day with a test shoot with our photographers. The day of the wedding went very smoothly and she coordinated easily with the hairdresser I had there, even though they hadn't worked together previously. Everyone was thrilled with their makeup and I thought she made everyone look truly gorgeous. I wear makeup on a daily basis and my sister-in-law wears none, so we ran the gamut of different styles, and Erica flawlessly accommodated each of us and had everyone looking beautiful. I was especially blown away with the makeup she did for my mom. I've never seen her eyes brought out like that! She looked amazing and everyone left for our first look pics feeling fantastic and it just really set the whole evening on a perfect start. I absolutely loved working with Erica and very highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Erica T. Martell, Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you Allison! It was truly such a pleasure working with you and your entire family!

Sarah · Married on 02/24/2016

If I could include 5 million heart emojis in this review, I would. Erica is absolutely amazing. We met when I started doing MU trials for my wedding. Our initial trial sealed the deal for me - she did what I thought was an incredible job with my makeup. But within an hour of leaving the trial, Erica texted me to let me know that she had been thinking about me and on 2nd thought she might make some changes for the big day. I'm not even sure she remembers this...but I was so impressed that even though I appeared happy with the work she had done, she was still thinking of ways to make it even more amazing hours later. Low and behold, the changes she suggested were on point and I felt even more beautiful than I did the first time (I didn't even think that was possible).

Beyond her obvious talent, Erica is also one of the coolest, calmest, down to earth yet professional people I know. Any bride can tell you that the day of your wedding is beautiful and wonderful...and REALLY stressful! Getting ready before the ceremony can be super stressful because it's the last bit of time you have to make sure everything is done and ready for the big day. Erica is exactly the kind of person you need at that time. She's so professional - shows up promptly, with a smile and is ready to get to work. She also knows how important "getting ready" pictures are to her brides, and she knows what looks good on camera. While getting ready as our photographer snapped away she knew when to pull away from me to give the camera the perfect shot. Things I would never think of! She's also incredibly calm and collected - she's eager to help in whatever way she can to make sure that you're feeling relaxed (and gorgeous!) during your big day.

Since our wedding day, Erica and I have remained friends. She's done my makeup for special events and photo shoots since then, and I truly cant imagine that anyone else can make me feel as beautiful as she does. Clearly, I'm obsessed :-)

Sent on 02/08/2016

Emili · Married on 02/09/2016

I initially hired Erica to do my makeup and hair for my wedding—I wanted a really timeless, classic look and she did a BEAUTIFUL job. I had never felt prettier! Many years later, the look she created for me still looks totally modern. Since my wedding, I've had her do my makeup for various special occasions over the years. She always listens to what I want and gives me exactly that—and she's so skilled, she's able to do it all. She's also just a sweet, cool person, so collaborating with her is always a dream!

Sent on 02/08/2016

Julie · Married on 10/02/2015

we've had the honor of working closely with erica on both weddings and editorial shoots and she is a true talent. she helps to mold the vibe of the shoot with her vision for beauty. her lighthearted, friendly demeanor mixed with her quick wit makes every interaction with her a joy. she is so very dedicated to her art and listens to the client to create the look they desire. we adore this sweet, talented gal who are are so honored to call our friend and highly recommend her to brides and creative teams alike!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Molly · Married on 10/04/2014

Erica provided makeup services for me and my bridesmaids at my wedding (6 gals) and she was great! She was calm and fun to be around on such a busy emotion filled occasion. We never felt rushed and we all looked flawless the entire evening. I would use her/ rev come d her for anyone who needs to be flamed up for any event! Thanks Erica!!!

Sent on 02/16/2016

We loved working with Erica! Two brides, two make-up appointments, two different skin tones and looks, but Erica handled it all. She's very fun--we loved the makeup trial (it was like a girls' night, and she served us snacks and wine) and spending the morning of the wedding with her. She's also extremely flexible, and was able to roll with the punches when we had a little morning-of emergency. Not only was she able to switch gears and go to Bride #2 first, but she also helped calm down Bride #1--thank you! We felt beautiful and totally recommend her!!

Sent on 11/13/2012