Eric von Bargen Photography Reviews

60 Reviews for Eric von Bargen Photography

1 User photo

Eric von Bargen Photography 1

Sloan · Married on 05/31/2010

Eric's talent is amazing. Extremely professional with an amazing attention to detail and the ability to capture the setting and subjects in a way like none have seen. My pictures are unbelievable. Everyone that has seen my photos wants to know who he is and has commented on how unique his style is that sets him apart from the traditional style most use. He is a true artist in addition to an incredible photographer. He goes above and beyond the call of duty. No bride would be disappointed.

Sent on 02/22/2011

Andrea · Married on 03/06/2010

Eric was great and responsive in every way. I loved that we got the whole CD so we didn't have to wade through all those pictures before we had time. The pictures were fantastic and the colors were great. And he and his assistant were never intrusive. Loved it!

Elise · Married on 07/18/2009

Eric is a fantastic photographer. Our photos are so unique and distinctive - we get compliments on them all the time! He was also a pleasure to work with. He blended into the background of our event while managing to capture a lot of great candid shots. We would recommend him to anyone looking for an artistic and beautiful way to capture their wedding day.

Sent on 02/16/2011
  • rjkrastel

Robyn · Married on 05/07/2009

Eric was everything we were looking for in a wedding photographer and more. Our pictures are stunning and artistic. I'd highly recommend having Eric photograph your event. You won't regret it!

Lara · Married on 06/14/2014

I love Eric's work, but the only thing that I wish was that on the big day I wish he had grabbed me for some alone time shots...just something creative and sweet for me to show my kids one day. He has an amazing eye and I wish he had captured some of those shots. Other than that disappointment Eric is very talented and a nice person to work with

Sent on 01/10/2015

Holly · Married on 07/31/2010

Eric's work is amazing and he is wonderful to work with!! His pictures are truly something special and different. My husband and I saw his work and were immediately sold. He's easy going, and quick to respond. I definitely would recommend him to any and all.

Anna · Married on 08/27/2016

3.5

Eric was accommodating and made our wedding day worry free.

Sent on 12/18/2016

My wedding photos were beautiful! I do wish there were more candid shots, but otherwise everything was great.

Sent on 01/25/2013

Pictures came out beautiful. I love that there are so many different styles and colors, not traditional wedding photos at all!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Jess · Married on 08/26/2016

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

Eric takes beautiful photos, but unfortunately I wasn't in love with my wedding photos :( I didn't specify certain types of shots I wanted, but assumed based on his portfolio etc. that we would have certain kinds. But we didn't get any close ups or super artistic shots which I was pretty bummed about. There is only one close up of my face from the day and it was while I was getting ready. The portraits of my husband and I are all very prom-posed and not natural or candid with movement, and they don't have any depth of field. One of my favorite things about professional photography is the blurred background which makes the subjects stand out and the only 2 photos like this that we had are of wedding guests. We had tons of downtime before our ceremony and wish we had been directed to take more photos because we were just sitting around. I had also inquired about videography and he had told me he would be taking a lot of videos throughout the day/night. The only one we received was a phone one from the ceremony so I wish I had hired a videographer. :( I think the work could be beautiful because I have seen tons of other beautiful photos by him, but you maybe have to specify what types of photos you are truly looking for.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Eric von Bargen Photography's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns about your experience with me. I'm very sorry that you weren't 100% satisfied with your wedding photos, as that is my goal with every wedding I photograph. With each wedding I have to take into consideration the restrictions from the venue, weather, scheduling, etc, so I try to find the best locations, angles, and time in order to get the most artistic shots I can. Unfortunately your wedding day proved to be very hot so I wanted to limit everyone's time outdoors prior to the ceremony. Also I did review your gallery and found that in the over 800 photographs that you received, there were definitely more than two 'blurred background' and movement/candid shots, and many that did include you and your husband. I am sorry if you felt there should be more. I will go back and review the unedited images again to see if there are any others that fit that criteria. While I do sometimes take short videos of the couple during various times throughout the ceremony and reception as a bonus or surprise, my primary focus is photographing the event and I am not able to take extensive video, so I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding about that. I take photographing weddings very seriously because I know how important the day is to everyone involved. Each wedding is different so will obviously be represented differently in the images, but I feel that the images you received were the same caliber as all of my work.