Eric Vest Photography, Inc. Reviews

87 | Hanover, MN

87 Reviews for Eric Vest Photography, Inc.

Eric Vest Photography, Inc. 1
Eric Vest Photography, Inc. 2
Eric Vest Photography, Inc. 3
Eric Vest Photography, Inc. 4
Eric Vest Photography, Inc. 5
Eric Vest Photography, Inc. 6
Eric Vest Photography, Inc. 7

Molly · Married on 09/22/2017

Eric is amazing! He did you engagement and wedding photos, and both were a great experience. If you are looking for a talented, fun and creative photographer, then Eric is your man!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

It was such a blast working with you both Molly & Chad! Every moment with you guys was a blast! Stay amazing and I can't wait to see you guys this summer!

Marissa · Married on 09/08/2017

Eric was such a pleasure to work with! We are extremely impressed with how our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out, we are over the moon! I will forever recommend Eric to all my friends and family!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

You are amazing Marissa! What a blast we had! So grateful to have been there for all the special moments on your beautiful wedding day! Thanks for including me!

Sheena · Married on 08/26/2017

Eric Vest is an amazing photographer and wonderful person to be around. He is passionate about photography and it shows in his work. We had Eric take our engagement photos and our wedding photos. We had 3 outfit changes for our engagement photos and were able to travel all around St. Paul. Eric was patient, calming and genuinely interested in learning about Jay and I as a couple and individuals. He stayed in contact with us throughout the wedding process and had a timeline that highlighted what I deemed important for photos. The big day of our wedding, it was off and on raining and Eric was a true weather man. I got every photo I wanted....all outside! He made sure we had a variety of shots, stuck to the timeline, let us add anything we wanted, brought umbrellas and a spotlight for the weather and night shots and overall was just pleasant to be around. His work captures the mood and the personalities of his subjects. The final images are not overally photoshopped, but naturally beautiful and unique. We love our photos, the coloring, the positioning and the experience we had while shooting the photos. My wedding day was stressful for me, but every time we were taking photos with Eric, it was calming and reminded me of what the day was all about, LOVE. Thank you Eric!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

You have officially made my day Sheena! Thank you for your incredibly kind words!!! I had such a royal blast with you and Jay every single time we were together! I can't wait to keep up with you guys as you enjoy this new stage of life!

Brooke · Married on 07/22/2017

Where do I even start with how amazing Eric is to work with?! He did both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures, and worked incredibly hard the entire time to get absolutely beautiful and perfect shots. It's great that we are given the rights to all of the photos and I'm able to print them and use them however I want, that was a huge deal to me. I would recommend him a million times to anyone and everyone looking for a phenomenal photographer! Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

You are so kind Brooke! I had an incredible time with you and Jarod! Man, what a wedding day you guys had! I love every second of it! So excited to keep up with you guys! Thanks for being amazing!

Brianna · Married on 07/15/2017

We spent a lot of time looking at vendors and examples of wedding photography, therefore I can say for a fact that Eric is the best! He was super easy to get in contact with throughout the whole process and finding a time to meet/talk was never an issue. He helped us with our entire wedding day timeline, which was so incredibly helpful and helped make everything go smoothly. We were astonished by all of the moments he was able to capture during the wedding, and the photos came out absolutely amazing! We had so much fun, he even went out to take sunset and night shots with us that came out absolutely breathtaking! After our photos were done, we were able to download all of them right away from his website and look through them all, as well as have full rights to them-which is fantastic! We had so many friends and family compliment the photos and say what a wonderful photographer Eric was during the wedding-and we could not agree more!!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Brianna & Michael! Thank you guys for your super kind words! I truly had such an amazing time with you guys! Thanks for trusting me with capturing your day! I loved getting to know you guys and your awesome friends and family!

Katie · Married on 07/07/2017

Such an amazing Photographer! I got so many comments on how well the photos turned out along with just how awesome of a personality Eric had. I honestly feel like he contributed to making our day amazing with his fun and easy going personality! On top of capturing our special day he also helped fix many of our wedding "emergencies" like providing clothes pins and carrying water for us! Truly amazing and creative!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

You are so kind Katie! I seriously had a blast with you guys! What an amazing day it was! Thanks for including me! You guys are amazing!

Madeline · Married on 07/01/2017

HIGHLY recommend. Eric is wonderful to work with and captured our engagement and wedding day perfectly. He made our wedding day even more fun and engaged great with our wedding party and family. He keeps everyone excited and is extremely passionate about making sure that he captures all of the special moments. We couldn't be happier with our choice to have Eric as our wedding photographer.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Your so kind Gunnar & Madeline! Your wedding was simply amazing and I have so many special memories from your day! So grateful to call you guys friends now!

Jamell · Married on 06/29/2017

Eric was so fun to work with and made sure everything we wanted met our standards. But who needs that? I told Eric to run with it and pics turned out amazing.

Sent on 03/25/2018

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

You guys are so kind! I felt so honored to be there for all your special moments! And thank you for trusting me - that means to world!
  • Naomi

Naomi · Married on 05/25/2017

Eric Vest is absolutely a top-notch photographer! I don’t think I can say enough good things about him. If we were to get engaged and married all over again, I would choose him again in a heartbeat.

First of all, his photos are fantastic. I first saw his work at a friend’s wedding and was so impressed by everything—and then later by the photos. He is very professional and can get the job done—with excellence. Since then I’ve since seen his work at a few more friends’ weddings plus my own and recommend him any chance I get.

I love his photography style too! And as a person, he is so friendly but still genuine, and really gets joy out of what he does, as well as makes it fun for the couples. He is so flexible too! He wants to know your vision and plans but can also help with suggestions if you need them.

I could say so much more, but check out his photos and schedule a time to meet with him. Let the photos speak for themselves and meet him for yourself!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Naomi! Having photographed a wedding that you coordinated and then years later having you ask me to photograph yours was such an honor! I had such an amazing time with you guys both during your engagement session and your wedding day! Stay amazing and I can't wait to stay in touch with you and Dre!

Megan · Married on 05/13/2017

It was a joy to work with Eric! We are getting married in South Dakota and live in Minnesota, so we needed to find a photographer willing to take our engagement photos only. He was very flexible and easy to work with and was more than willing to do a stand alone engagement session! He made us feel comfortable and captured our genuine love for one another (and our goofiness). I highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Oh man did we have fun! I get a big grin on my face when I think about our time hanging out! So much laughter! Thanks for letting me document such a special time in your life Megan & Jake!

Kelli · Married on 04/21/2017

Our experience with Eric was phenomenal, from our first conversation to his follow up after delivering our photos. Eric knew the exact timeline, the necessary and important photos to take, was wonderful interacting with our guests and other vendors and at times seemed invisible with his grace. In addition to his beautiful photos that captured so much emotion and meaning Eric treated us as if our day was most important to him. Eric has an optimism about him that is unmatched! We can't wait for another opportunity to see Eric and bless ourselves with his talent.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Kelli, you and Cameron are amazing! Thanks for letting me be there for all your special moments! So many great memories - we had so much fun! You guys rock!

Danielle · Married on 03/25/2017

Eric was fantastic and we could not be happier with his professionalism and photography skills that he brought to our special day. He was punctual and upbeat; always bringing his radiant smile and personality. Eric has great self-awareness and an ability to slip through the crowd and take photos without drawing attention to himself. Having attended several other weddings over the past year, we knew this ability to be there and not be "seen" was important to us. His creativity in using decorations, lighting and scenery provided some great photos. The day was exhausting and looking back at the photos Eric took allowed us to relive the day and remember certain aspects that we had forgotten in the whirlwind of events. Wedding guests who have seen our photos have also spoken very highly of the quality and we have recommended Eric to everyone we have come across who is looking for a highly professional and skilled photographer. We would go with Eric again in a heartbeat .

Sent on 03/24/2018

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Danielle & Dan! This means so much to me - thank you both! What a truly amazing day yours was! I loved every moment spent with you guys! Thanks for being such a joy to be around!
  • O

Oxana · Married on 02/11/2017

Eric was amazing on the day of our wedding. He did the work on maintaining us to our schedule while I was able to relax and not have to worry about that stuff! However, he did so with a smile and didn't even exude an air of stress - he still showed only happiness and excitement. He was very pleasant, positive, and fun to work with! Very flexible as well, and accommodating, and gave us a great price. He tried to fit in all the pictures we wanted within a specific time frame. Overall, he was an excellent photographer, just even as a friend to hang out with on the wedding day!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

You guys are amazing Oxana & Sam! Thanks for letting me be a part of your day! And I totally felt the same way - so glad to have found two new friends in you guys! I can't wait to watch you two flourish in life after marriage!

Christine · Married on 01/14/2017

Choosing Eric as our photographer for our engagement and wedding photos was hands down the best decision we made! Eric is absolutely amazing! My husband and I feel so lucky to have found him. Eric made the whole process so easy and so much fun! He is incredibly talented, and the best at what he does. He has such a natural ability to capture candid moments throughout the day and was so quick and efficient with the staged photos I wanted to get. Looking at our wedding pictures really makes me re-live the day and I love it! I literally could not be happier with the pictures, and highly recommend him for your wedding and engagement photos!!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Christine & Chris! You guys are so very kind! I have so many amazing memories from both your engagement session and your wedding day! I am truly happy to have gained you both as good friends through the whole process! You both are a blessing!

Andrea · Married on 01/06/2017

I don’t even know where to begin with Eric. I’ll save you all the trouble of searching for a photographer and tell you that if you don’t have one yet, book him! Eric’s professionalism, positive attitude, and can-do attitude is what made this day such a success and he saved the day on multiple occasions. On top of keeping us on schedule on this crazy blizzard-in-April day, when our party bus got stuck, he personally helped attempt to get it unstuck with the driver and all of my groomsmen. When things went way off schedule and we ended up at a random bar, we made the best of it and took some photos. He personally drove myself and my husband to the reception (not something any of us had anticipated!), but it was amazing. He was flexible given the ever-changing schedule, and kept smiling through it all. His attitude is what kept us all going through the day, and his photos are top quality/the best I’ve ever seen. He’s one in a million!

Sent on 05/15/2018
    Eric Vest Photography, Inc. 8

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Andrea & Dakota! You guys are too amazing! Every single moment of your wedding day was perfect and I had such a great time with you all! It was easy to keep that smile on all day - I was having a royal blast! Thank you for allowing me to capture your epic day!

Alex · Married on 12/31/2016

I will never work with another photographer. Eric Vest is the definition of the perfect wedding photographer! Eric is talented, creative, friendly, responsive, professional, and his work is superb. He has an eye for the little details and perfect settings. Eric did both our engagement photos and wedding day photos, and we will forever cherish the shots he's captured! By the end of our wedding day, Eric felt like family. He has this natural ability to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera and truly captured the essence of us as a couple and our friends and family members. Thank you, Eric!!

Sent on 02/04/2017

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Alex & Stew - New Year's Eve 2016 was epic!!! Thanks so much for including me and I totally agree - I'm pretty sure I'm adopted now! I loved each and every moment with you two!

Nicole · Married on 12/30/2016

Eric Vest was PHENOMENAL to work with. He is professional and experienced yet easy going and so much fun to hang out with. He truly strives to get to know you as a couple and incorporate your personality into your photos. At the same time, he knows what works well and what doesn't and will provide advice regarding timeline the day of, family shots, etc. He captured all the details of our wedding day and left us with wonderful memories we will cherish forever. Eric Vest is highly recommended! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/04/2017

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

You guys are so awesome Nicole & Josh! Your wedding was packed full of amazing moments and I was so blessed to be there to capture them! Thanks for allowing me the honor of capturing your day!

Cori · Married on 11/25/2016

Eric was awesome to work with!! He was professional, patient and creative! My husband, family and I all love our photos! We would highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Best Black Friday ever!!! It truly was a blast Cori & Eric! Thanks for letting me be a part of your celebration!

Victor · Married on 11/05/2016

Eric was a great photographer. He is the complete package: all the photos turned out great. He was very flexible and helpful. He always had a great attitude. Working with Eric is like working with a friend who happens to be a great photographer. I would highly recommend Eric for anyone's wedding.

Sent on 02/06/2017

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Thanks Victor! I felt the same way! You and Denise felt like old friends from the start and I'm so glad to have you both as lifelong friends now! Your wedding day was so beautiful!

Taylor · Married on 10/15/2016

Choosing Eric as our wedding photographer was the best vendor decision we made!! He did an absolutely amazing job from the initial meeting all the way through the wedding day. He always went above and beyond our expectations. We are absolutely in love with our engagement pictures as well as the sneak previews of our wedding photos. We could not have imagined a better photographer - always professional, fun, and easy to work with! I would highly recommend Eric to anyone!!!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

You are so kind Taylor! I felt super honored to capture your amazing day! You two are fantastic to be around and both your engagement session and your wedding day were filled with awesome moments! Thanks for trusting me with capturing those memories!

How do you choose your wedding photographer? Well, we used the internet—and we're glad we did!

My husband and I had a 5 month engagement before getting married 10/14/2016. With that timetable, all of our wedding decisions were made quickly and photography was very important to us. After setting a budget, we reached out to a number of photographers that caught our eye from various google searches (super sophisticated method) and had decent reviews on various wedding sites.

We saw that Eric had shot at our St. Paul location before, we liked his images from his website, and everyone who reviews him loves him--so we were sure we had found a gem.

What stuck out right away was Eric's professionalism and positive attitude. He responded to each of our questions about package details and availability and offered to chat with us further to make sure we'd be a good fit. Included with his photography was also input and advice on wedding planning generally –helpful for a fast engagement!

We decided on our first conference phone call that we'd book Eric. He was prepared and he was genuinely excited for us to get married.

Our engagement session kept getting rained out, but Eric made it work with some indoor shots that almost look like we're on a patio—and some creative rainy shots to make up for the stormy day.

For the wedding day, Eric was spot on. He took a ton of images, was warm and welcoming to family, was patient as family struggled to get organized, was flexible when my hair appointment ran long, and was present without being noticeable during all the important moments. I did not worry about the quality of our images after booking with Eric.

We've gotten our images back, and they are excellent. The turnaround time was also really fast with the online viewing gallery.

Of course I'll look back on my wedding day and feel like it was beautiful and perfect, but Eric made sure I had the photo evidence to prove it.

Sent on 01/19/2017

Christina · Married on 10/01/2016

Eric Vest is amazing - my husband and I truly loved working with him. Without having known him prior to booking him as our photographer, we instantly felt very comfortable with him. Eric goes above and beyond to make your event extra special and our photographs are beautiful!

Sent on 02/12/2017

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

Christina! I had such a great time with you and Joe! Thanks for always including me and welcoming me into such a special time in your lives! So many great memories with you guys!

Angelina · Married on 09/24/2016

Looking for a photographer in Minnesota (or the United States? He does travel!)? Eric Vest is the way to go and I promise that you will not be disappointed. Eric is one of those people who you talk to for five minutes and he feels like an old friend. I knew after my first phone conversation that I wanted Eric to be our photographer. He was extremely kind and personable and I knew that he would be a good match for my fiancé and I. There were several emails sent back and forth and Eric was responsive to every single one. He even made time for a couple of phone check-ins and a Skype call, since we were planning our wedding from Massachusetts. Throughout the planning process, Eric sent us various resources, detailed timelines and we even received a bit of a discount since we were planning our wedding in 4 months. On the day of our wedding, we had a few weather setbacks, which caused us to go to 'Plan B' and change many of our wedding day details at the last minute. When Eric showed up and I informed him of the changes he was not phased in the least and was ready to rock and roll. He was flexible and adjusted right on the spot. Eric fit right in with our friends and family and more often than not, I had forgotten he was around as he was completely unobtrusive throughout the festivities. Every single person who worked with him said "I feel like I have known him forever"; that is a true testament to the type of person Eric is and the energy he brings throughout the day. I cannot say enough great things about Eric. He made photo taking such a great time and we loved every minute of it. Eric is so easy to work with and it is apparent how much he loves taking pictures. If we need a photographer in the future, we will not hesitate to contact Eric. Thank you so much Eric! We are forever grateful for the work you did at our wedding and wish you all the best :)

Sent on 10/27/2016

Katie · Married on 09/10/2016

Eric is absolutely amazing. I met Eric when I was a Maid of Honor in my friends wedding two years ago. The next day, I told my boyfriend at that time that we are using Eric when we get married. Well, two years later, I stayed true to those words! My husband is not a huge fan of pictures but he does them as he knows how much pictures mean to me. After doing our engagement session, Greg even said how awesome Eric was and how fun it was just hanging out with him. Our wedding was 9.10.16 and it truly was the best day ever. Eric captured so many priceless moments and also a thousand perfect shots. Our wedding party of 18 raved about him as well. They loved how organized he was, he knew exactly what he was doing, he was fun to be around and how it didn't feel like we were just taking pictures all day long! I have recommended Eric to friends, one who just had her wedding and she too loved Eric. It is not only his pictures that are incredible but as my mom says "it is who he is as a person." Eric, we thank you for making our day special and one we will always remember. We can't wait to call you up to do family photos in the next couple years :) You rock!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Lucy · Married on 09/04/2016

Eric Vest was amazing to have as our wedding photographer! From the start- he was quick to respond, friendly and happy to answer any questions we had! We were planning our wedding from Colorado, and he made it so easy! The day we had our engagement photos was rainy and dreary out- yet he still managed to find a way to showcase us and make it fun! On our wedding day, Eric got there early to get all the little detail shots that we didn't even realize we needed until we saw them and then were so happy to have them. He helped us stay on time and catch every moment. He had great ideas on natural poses and locations to go and take photos. He also took some night shots that were some of our favorites from the whole wedding! We definitely recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Eric Vest Photography, Inc.'s reply:

You are awesome Lucy!!! Every moment I got to spend with you guys, during the engagement session & on the wedding day, was such a blast! So happy for you two!!!