Eric Herod Entertainment Reviews

91 | Fredericksburg, VA

91 Reviews for Eric Herod Entertainment

Kenny & Lauren · Married on 08/10/2013

Eric was absolutely amazing! He made our entire ceremony and reception flow so smoothly and perfectly. He really engaged the crowd and made our wedding so intimate and unforgettable. All our guests loved Eric and have said only great things about him too!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Scott and Amanda · Married on 06/29/2013

Eric Herod is much more than a DJ. He completely manages the wedding flow and environment. If I was off blabbing with someone; he would patiently wait near me until he caught my eye giving me a gentle reminder to move onto the next event. He conveniently dictated events around our social interaction. IE..If we were having extreme fun in a moment, he had enough common sense to ride the wave and base activities off of the flow of our guests. All the while not trying to hijack the attention onto himself(which some DJ's like to do.)

He even provided personal assistance with out even being asked.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Mara · Married on 06/08/2013

Eric was an absolute pleasure to work with! He was able to keep the party going and even showed us a couple of moves. He was extremely professional and a heck of a lot of fun, cracked us up and clearly knew how to keep the wedding flowing smoothly. Eric knows his music and his website is easy to navigate so you can choose your play list quickly and easily. He even took care of music that I couldn't find and made sure to buy it and play it at the wedding. My friends are still talking about how much fun they had and Eric was a HUGE part of that. Run, don't walk to Eric, you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Allison · Married on 11/10/2012

Hiring Eric Herod Entertainment turned out to be one of the best vendor decisions I made for my wedding. My guests raved for weeks about how incredible the entertainment was, the music, our love story, our bridal party entrance, and all of the fun dance activities throughout the whole reception! I really believe that Eric helped make our wedding that much more memorable. He is an incredibly thorough and organized DJ/Master of Ceremonies and you are in good hands with him. We met with him numerous times and planned every detail out to make sure that when the day came, all we had to do was follow the schedule. I was blown away by the quality of entertainment during my ceremony and during my reception and I am so thankful that I chose Eric! I highly recommend him to any bride!

Sent on 01/18/2013

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

Allison, thank you so much for your comments. With such great people, not just clients, it was easy to do my job. It was truly an honor to serve as your Wedding Entertainment Director.

Ashley · Married on 10/01/2012

I feel that I am a tough critique when it comes to weddings and Eric went so far above and beyond all of my expectations! He was able to create moments of laughter, tears, and pure entertainment throught the whole ceremony and reception. He even came out on the dance floor with the bridal party and led the crowd in current chreographed dances! He worked so well with the wedding coordinator, caterer, and phtographer and kept everyone in line so things ran smoothly. I have been to quite a few weddings and Eric is hands-down the first and only DJ I would tell someone to hire. He is worth every penny!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/01/2012

I feel that I am a tough critic when it comes to weddings and Eric went so far above and beyond all of my expectations! He was able to create moments of laughter, tears, and pure entertainment throughout the whole ceremony and reception. He even came out on the dance floor with the bridal party and led the crowd in current choreographed dances! He worked so well with the wedding coordinator, caterer, and photographer and kept everyone in line so things ran smoothly. I have been to quite a few weddings and Eric is hands-down the first and only DJ I would recommend for someone to hire. He is worth every penny!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2012

Sent on 11/04/2012

Kelly · Married on 09/08/2012

Everyone at our wedding absolutely RAVED about Eric. He brought amazing energy and joy to our reception. Working with Eric was like working with a friend. He was amazing as he helped us plan our reception and work through what we wanted our reception to be like. The dance floor was packed through our entire reception and it was so evident that everyone was having a great time. We couldn't be more grateful to Eric for the wonderful job he did. It is weeks later and my husband and I are still hearing how wonderful our guests thought he was. Thank you Eric so much. Gene and I really can't express how wonderful you made our day. You helped make it perfect. Thank you so much :) I would recommend Eric to ANYONE looking to have a wonderful energy filled event :) :)

Sent on 09/30/2012

If you book Eric for your wedding or event, you will not be sorry. My husband and I just got married on June 16th, and Eric was our DJ. He was wonderful. In fact, we booked Eric as our DJ before we had booked our venue or officially picked our wedding date because we were so impressed by him and his personality when we met him at a bridal show at Belmont.

What makes Eric such a great DJ is that he really gets to know you before the event. He gets to know the couple, their love story, their personalities, their musical likes/dislikes, and their personal styles, and he pulls all of that information together in order to create an entertainment masterpiece at your event. Several times throughout the evening, Eric would play a song perfectly suited to my tastes that I had never even told him I loved. He's like a walking Pandora that just KNOWS what you'd love to hear.

He keeps the whole crowd going. For the group interactive songs like the Cupid Shuffle, Eric actually gets out on the dance floor himself to lead the crowd and show them the dance moves. He also walks the guests through your love story as a couple. He combines the story that he's been given from the bride and the one given by the groom into one amazing, cohesive storyline.

I can honestly say that everyone had fun. We're still getting reports from friends and family that they heard people say that they had never had so much fun at a wedding reception before, and I know I owe it all to Eric.

He was just fantastic. Seriously, book him. You won't regret it.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Kelli · Married on 05/19/2012

Eric was an AMAZING master of ceremonies. I could not have asked for better. He combined the perfect amount of romance with fun. Because of his skills my husband and I were able to enjoy romantic moments that went far beyond the cliche first dance and absolutely fun moments of crazy dancing and partying. Eric really made us feel like he truly cared about our story. He was amazing to work with and I recommend him to anyone I meet!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

Kelli, Thank you so much for the kind words. You, Alvin, your family, and friends were an absolute joy to work with. Clients like you are the reason I do what I do.

Erin · Married on 04/14/2012

Eric made our reception absolutely amazing. Everyone had fun and everyone was dancing the entire night. All of the ideas and "extras" he added to the reception were great and really made our celebration unique!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

Aww! Thank you so much Erin. It was an honor to serve you and I wish you and Michael all the best.

Brittany · Married on 01/07/2012

Eric was an amazing DJ! He took our wedding experience to a level that we did not know was possible. Besides his very high class look, Eric knew how to involve all ages of our wedding guests. There was never a dull moment during the reception! We chose to have him play our ceremony music as well, and it was all perfect. His professionalism is impressive, he arrived in a tuxedo and the class continued throughout the evening. I never felt out of the loop, Eric always gave me a 10 minute and 5 minute warning before something was about to happen. I am a very structured person, and on my wedding day I was beyond stressed and felt crazed--but Eric was able to reassure me that everything was alright and will continue to be perfect. Be sure to ask Eric about the Love Story, that was my husband's and I favorite part of our reception, it brought our love into the wedding even more. I am not trying to sound cliche, but if you do not have a great DJ, your wedding will be terrible. Eric is definitely the most responsible and fabulous DJ you could experience. If you choose Eric you do not have to worry about your reception, which on your wedding day--is a huge relief!

Sent on 03/15/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/29/2011

We couldn't have found a better person to work with for our wedding. Eric kept us sane and calm through our entire planning process. He brought so much more to the table compared to just being a DJ, he honestly shouldn’t be called a DJ, he should definitely have a better title than that. He thought of details that we never did and made our ceremony and our reception so personal; there wasn’t a single guest that didn’t rave about the job that he did and how personal our entire day felt, men and woman we're all bawling during our ceremony with the special touches that he added and we all had a blast at our reception. He made our day so much more than we ever thought it could be. I would work with him a hundred times again and we gained a really good friend in the end as well!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

Awww! That warms my heart and makes me tear up, Ashley. You and Kellen were/are such a joy. I'm happy to have gained two friends in the process as well.

Eric was easy to work with and I felt confident that he could help keep everyone entertained!

Sent on 06/26/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2011

Eric was awesome! He is extremely well organized, and has great ideas for making the reception so different than the same old same old. I loved having the meetings prior to the wedding where we sat down and reviewed the details. I had not expected that from the DJ. The wedding was fantastic, and we had a lot of our guests comment that the DJ was great!!!

Sent on 01/26/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/10/2011

Eric did the best job! He took ALLOT of stress off of our sholders. He made sure that everything moved along smoothly. He involved everyone, even those that I thought wouldn't get up and dance. I can't list all of the compliments that we got on the ceremony and reception, but most of them are due to Eric's hard work. Eric helped us remember things that we would have never planned if we wasn't there to help. He was professional, while making all of the planning fun and kept the focus on making sure that everything was a reflection of my husband and I, our relationship and our personalities.

Sent on 09/16/2011

Veronica · Married on 09/04/2011

Eric Herod exceeded every expectation we had. His professionalism was above and beyond any wedding DJ we contacted. The ideas he had for the wedding reception were not only great, they were things we had never heard of; all of them were wonderful and well executed. He was the key to making our reception one that we will never forget and one that most of the people attending said was the best they have ever seen. We will definitely recommend him to others as well as seek him out for any other time we need a DJ.

Sent on 09/15/2011

Christine · Married on 08/14/2011

Eric Herod is the best dj ever! He is so much fun and helpful. He will help make your wedding exactly what you want it to be and more. He is amazing! I would highly recommend him to everyone I know. He will personalize your reception for you in so many ways. He helps to make your reception not like any other typical reception, he helps to make it your own. He listens to exactly what you want and does it for you even better than you could have ever hoped and dreamed. He is the reason our wedding reception was such a huge success. All we kept on hearing was "your all's dj was amazing!!" Definitely choose him to be your dj! He is great!

-Christine (married on August 14, 2011)

Sent on 09/16/2011

Kelsey · Married on 05/14/2011

Eric Herod made our reception one that is unforgettable! It was more than I could have ever imagined it being. Everyone raved about how our reception was the funnest they had been to, and how awesome Eric was, when we got back from our honeymoon. Looking back, I would not have changed anything about the way Eric conducted the schedule, the music, and himself. Not only is he a wonderful DJ for your choice, but he is also a wonderful person!! My husband and I absolutely LOVED working with him and getting to know him. People are still talking about it...

Sent on 08/22/2011

Jodi · Married on 04/30/2011

Our wedding was a blast. Eric helped us schedule our wedding from the moment the ceremony started to the grand exit. We met with him 3 times before the wedding and we communicated though email constantly. He came to and practically ran our rehersal. By the time our wedding came, we felt like Eric was one of our friends. He really took the time to get to know us and our families. On the day of the wedding, we didn't have to worried about anything. We just showed up and Eric told us where to be and what to do throughout the whole night. We are still recieving compliments from friends and family about his services. It was well worth the cost. You will not find a better DJ.

Sent on 05/18/2011

Rebecca · Married on 04/16/2011

Within 10 minutes of sitting down with Eric, we knew that we were going to go with him. My husband (fiance at the time) and I both expressed this same feeling to each other after our first meeting with Eric. We are so happy that we did choose him to be our DJ at our wedding.

Eric is more than just a DJ - he is really a master of ceremonies. He created so many special moments during the night- including our "love story" in which he told the story of how the bride and groom met, the longevity dance in which couples married for different amounts of time got on the dance floor, and the dramatic exit when all the guests waved sparklers as we left. Eric was very attentive to photo opportunities, and he worked closely with the photographer to coordinate all these special pictures.

We met with Eric three times before the wedding. He was extremely thorough in going over all the different events that would occur during the reception, and helped us select the music for each of these events. He provided so many different resources- an excellent planning website, CDs with music, and his own extensive experience. Meetings with Eric were in fact really fun- he made me feel really excited about the reception, and all the fun things that me and my husband and family and guests had in store. I knew that was a great indication of the atmosphere he would bring to the wedding itself.

Although Eric cost more than we had initially budgeted for a DJ, after hearing Eric talk about his vision for our wedding, and receiving his booklet of information outlining all the different events that would occur during the reception, we knew we wanted him to be our DJ. And we believe that he was entirely worth the cost- the majority of time during a wedding is the reception time, so you really want someone who will confidently handle everything behind the scenes, so that you (the bride and groom) can enjoy your day. Eric was this person, because he planned out the whole night so well, got people dancing, and created a very personal reception.

So many people commented to us what a great DJ Eric was, not at all like the corny, loud image most people have of DJs. He really goes above and beyond to make sure that the bride and groom and the guests have a really wonderful time. Eric is also very classy and professional- he has excellent comic timing, especially when he introduced the members of the wedding party with humorous little comments about them.

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Eric. He is the DJ you want at your wedding, and we encourage all brides and grooms out there to go with him, just like we did!

Sent on 05/10/2011

Addam · Married on 10/10/2010

Working with Eric Herod was a highlight for our wedding experience. His knowledge and skill of how to direct a reception made it a seamless and easy party for us. From our first conversation to him announcing us at the reception, Eric was exactly the guy we wanted both behind the scenes and interacting with our guests on the mic. He was super flexible and willing to work with us to create the exact day we wanted. He has a lot of unique ideas, enthusiasm, and passion for his craft. Our party would not have been the enjoyable and memorable time without Eric at the helm. I wholeheartedly recommend him, and am pleased to now consider him a friend.

Sent on 12/16/2010
  • LaLa2288

Lauren · Married on 06/26/2010

Eric did an absolute wonderful job at our wedding. If it weren't for him, our wedding wouldn't have been what it was. He did a great job mixing music for our different cultures. He had a wonderful charisma about him that could bring people out to do the dance floor. We could not have asked for a more wonderful DJ to be apart of our special day. Thanks Eric, you're the best!
    P.S. The love story was phenomenal, it really gave everyone in the room an idea of what my husband and I's relationship was all about, and nearly brought me to tears.

Sent on 07/03/2010

Jessica · Married on 06/05/2010

Eric made my wedding so special. He took so much time to personalize everything. He added so many special touches to it all. For the ceremony he was there to help me pick music and was never without a song suggesting. For the reception he made is SO FUN! He kept us all laughing. I have gotten so many compliments from my guests about how great he was. Overall, he is passionate about what he does, and he will do everything in his power to make your wedding day absolutely one of the most beautiful, amazing, unforgettable days of your life!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Brooke · Married on 05/22/2010

Working with Eric was truly a pleasure. We were told by several people that our wedding was one of the best they had ever attended and a lot of that had to do with Eric. I have never seen so many people on the dance floor from my 20 month old nephew to my husband's 80+ year old grandmother. Everyone had a wonderful time.

Eric helped customize our reception to be a unique reflection of my huband and my personalities from our choreographed first dance, our one-of-a-kind garter/bouquet traditions, our Love Story, our bridal party roast, down to our last song. We couldn't have pulled off such a wonderful party without him. My father-in-law now wants to hold a yearly anniversary party and have Eric DJ every year! :)

Sent on 06/07/2010