Eric Herod Entertainment Reviews

90 | Fredericksburg, VA

90 Reviews for Eric Herod Entertainment

Vy · Married on 10/14/2017

You will be SO glad you chose Eric for your wedding entertainment!!! Not only was he the best DJ, but he was the best out of all our other vendors. Unfortunately, we experienced a lot of difficulty and poor customer service with some of our other big vendors so it was refreshing to have Eric care so much about our day and be sure he was reaching out to us regularly with any information or tasks we needed to complete on a timeline. He was very organized and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning. He answered any questions or concerns we had promptly and always reassured us he had everything under control. We also really enjoyed the option to have our meetings via Skype to accommodate our busy schedules. He also uses a planning portal which makes it really easy to input your ideas & details for every possible thing you can think of. He really covers all the bases!! Eric will make your wedding night so much fun for everyone!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

So thankful to have been a part of your wedding Vy and appreciate your kind words. We strive to do our very best in making the wedding planning as simple and as fun as possible while making sure you feel taken care of. Thank you and please keep in touch!

Charlotte · Married on 10/08/2017

Eric did an absolutely phenomenal job! He kept the ground involved and even taught them some of the dances! My favorite part was the love story addition. It added personality and it is very unique.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

I can't thank you enough for providing me with the honor of serving as your Wedding Entertainment Director. It is truly a love and passion for me to highlight your love and passion for each other.
  • Bekah

Bekah · Married on 10/07/2017

As Eric was not available for our date, we used Fred Donahoe for our wedding services. I had the initial consultation with Eric, who asked all the right questions and made me feel at ease choosing EHE for our wedding. There was some miscommunication on my part for the meetings with Fred (I didn't realize they were just Skype meetings, not in person, whoops!), but once we did have our meetings, it was clear that Fred was the best choice for us. He understood our vision and flow for the day, and was able to curate a playlist based on our preferences. He was very professional during the ceremony and reception, and our guests had a great time. He was just the right amount of involved. He kept in touch with us throughout the evening, but not too much. He definitely helped our reception go smoothly! I would definitely recommend Fred to anyone looking for a wedding DJ.

Sent on 10/28/2017

A. · Married on 09/13/2017

Eric truly bring a special touch that creates a legendary wedding! He walked us thru every step was always responsive with good advice. He really knows his music and has handy tools to make the process nearly stress free!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/09/2017

We had Fred as our DJ and he was fantastic! He can up to us and asked if there was anything we needed!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Cecilia · Married on 05/13/2017

Eric went above and beyond as a DJ. He was so helpful in planning the reception and what he brought to our wedding was so fun and unique. All of our guests said that the "Love Story" that Eric put together for the reception was the best part!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/06/2017

Working with Eric for our wedding was fantastic! His ideas for our entrance, our love story, etc. were brought to life in such a spectacular way the day of. I would recommend him to anyone that is looking for fantastic and personal entertainment at your wedding versus the boring old DJ that just plays your playlist!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

Aww...thank you so much Jennifer! It was an honor and an absolute pleasure! Let's not forget that the dancing was out of control and ridiculously fun too. LOL

Jennifer · Married on 11/05/2016

The first thing you need to know about Eric and his services is that they are simply unparalleled. You will not find a DJ that is so personally attentive, professional, and fun all at the same time. Eric took the extra time to get to know us before our wedding, to make sure that he had every detail perfect. He is very flexible, kind, and funny! Also, Eric has great ideas for your wedding day - you can be very traditional, or you can do some new things that are fun for your guests! You will be so relaxed and confident as you are planning your wedding, knowing that Eric is your DJ. He puts your mind at ease, and delivers on his word. Your guests will be floored by how much fun they have! I highly recommend Eric and his services!!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

Jennifer, I am incredibly humbled by your words. Having such great people to work with makes my job easy. Thank you for allowing me to play a part in your wedding memories.

Ashley · Married on 07/23/2016

Truly amazing and incredible is NOT an understatement! We are still getting texts and calls telling us how amazing our dj was! Do not underestimate or question his ways. He is creative and thoughtful and the "love story" he creates is one of a kind! Eric made our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be and people did not leave the dance floor!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Max · Married on 05/14/2016

Eric Herod made our wedding incredible. His "love story" and energy made the wedding the most memorable experience of our lives. Almost every guest said that it was the most unique and fun wedding that they had ever been to. I would recommend Eric Herod to be the DJ and master of ceremonies at every single wedding. Trust me, you won't regret it!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Amy · Married on 04/09/2016

Definetly the BEST DJ out there! We along with our guests had an amazing time all thanks to the music and little surprises Eric threw in there!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Amy for the very nice compliments. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Nathan, even on such a cold day! ;-)

Jody · Married on 03/18/2016

Eric was wonderfully helpful in making our wedding a great success. We didn't need to worry or answer any questions on our wedding day since he did thorough homework in getting to know us and our style. He was helpful in every way and walked us through everything we would need. My guest all loved his personality and entertainment. We are thankful for our decision to hire Eric and I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Marissa · Married on 10/03/2015

I can’t say enough about how great Eric was at our wedding. The best way to describe it is that he was so much more than just a DJ! There are two pieces that really made him stand out from what I’ve seen at previous weddings.
    First, he was an essential part of the whole planning process. In our first meeting he helped us set up a schedule for the wedding day and gave us great suggestions for how to order events to make everything work most effectively. He also came to the rehearsal and helped organize everything. I felt completely confident in leaving things in his hands during the wedding day and he absolutely came through.
    The second thing that set him apart was the personalization he brought to our wedding. He offered a message to my dad while I walked down the aisle, personalized bridal party entrances and, a love story during the reception. Prior to the wedding I was a little nervous that these personalized pieces would come off as cheesy but they were AMAZING! The message to my dad brought everyone to tears. My husband and I absolutely loved the jokes that he wrote about our bridal party for the entrances – they were so good that our bridal party actually thought we wrote them! Finally, the love story was the story of how we met and fell in love using recordings Eric got from my husband and I separately. Not only was it a great thing to have at the wedding, it was really fun to talk to Eric about husband and our history prior to our wedding.
    Eric made us feel very comfortable the whole way. During our meetings we had a great time and my husband said that these meetings were his favorite parts of wedding planning. He had great ideas that helped make the guests feel welcome. On top of all these other great things he was a really fantastic DJ! At the end of the night I had so many people tell me how great Eric was and we had the dance floor full the whole time. Eric provides a great value and I would recommend him highly to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Katelin · Married on 07/20/2015

All our guests knew Eric by name before the end of the night! Outstanding entertainment director!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Eric is the best. His service is so personal, and he cared about what I cared about which was evident in his work. He put in more time than any other vendor, and he is way, way more than a DJ. He listened to what we wanted and made it happen. He can flawlessly combine the sentimental, the sweet, the fun, and the funny and make your wedding the personal, heartfelt, energetic party that you want. GO WITH ERIC YOU WON'T REGRET IT. He did our ceremony and our reception, and did a fantastic job.

Sent on 07/19/2015

lindsey · Married on 10/11/2014

We knew from the day we got engaged that we wanted our wedding to be a PARTY - one that our friends and family would remember as the most fun they've had in a long, long time for many years to come. That's exactly what we got and I didn't realize until after our wedding what a crucial part the DJ played in that experience - and specifically, Eric.

Eric kept our dance floor full all night and led the most epic "Wobble" I've ever seen (the man's got moves). I didn't expect to dance much at my own wedding between the mingling and conversations with long lost relatives, but my husband and I ended up spending almost the entire night on the dance floor with our guests.

The "love story" was the most amazing thing I've ever seen done at ANY wedding and I'm so glad it was at ours! I had no idea what to expect, but Eric put together the most tasteful, hilarious, tug-at-your-heart-strings rendition of how we met through our engagement that I didn't want it to end. Our guests were captivated through the entire story and Eric even videotaped it for us so we can experience it again and again (which I cannot WAIT to receive by the way!).

Eric went above and beyond in every way and was the perfect mixture of fun, unique, personal and professional. He was incredibly responsive throughout the entire planning process and offered direction anywhere we needed it, all while sculpting our reception based on his past experiences and successes. He even gave us helpful materials for those giving speeches and offered to direct our rehearsal.

Eric played a colossal role in making our ceremony and reception everything we had hoped for and more. I received many compliments specifically on our DJ and our reception pictures are wonderful thanks to the packed dance floor and smiling faces. A huge thanks to Eric for making our celebration unique, personal and a total blast!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Eric was awesome! He was very easy to work with and the wedding went so smoothly.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Eric was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. He is not a DJ he is a Wedding Entertainer Director - He literally planned my wedding for me. Eric established a timeline of events for my reception that he sent to my other vendors before the wedding, on the day of the wedding he executed the discussed timeline seamlessly, and throughout the wedding planning processes gave such great advise that truly helped my husband and I immensely. All of my guest and even my other hired vendors commented on how great Eric was- professional people who have literally seen more weddings than the average person stated that Eric was the best DJ they have ever seen ! He knows his music, what works for a wedding, and how to read a crowd better than I have ever seen at any wedding I have attended. You can not have a fantastic wedding if you do not hire Eric!!

Thanks for everything!!
    Lauren & Colin

Sent on 07/08/2014

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

I'm speechless...thank you, thank you for letting me serve as the Wedding Entertainment Director of your wedding reception. Working with you both was an absolute pleasure and your friends and family were a ton of fun! I wish you all the best, and keep in touch!
  • Z

Zoey · Married on 06/07/2014

Eric was the highlight of our wedding vendors. We met twice for planning, both were absolutely helpful and well organized. He even was present at our rehearsal which put me 100% at ease. We went through the whole time line and he took the time to personalize our entire day from telling our love story, to our wedding party introductions. My husband and I had given him a short description of each person, memories that we had with them and who they were to us, and he put the perfect music to each persons introduction. It was almost like he knew who they were! Our love story was beautiful, and it is something all of our guests mentioned they had never seen done before. He added little things during the reception to keep people entertained and interested in what was going on. From little games to keep people occupied while they waited to get their plates to gathering all of our guests out not he dance floor for a photo op with everyone! Eric made our day just that, ours. I would recommend him to anyone! One of the nicest people we met while planning our wedding!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

Aww...Thank you Zoey and Wade! These comments are very kind. It was such an honor to work with you in creating your wedding. I am lucky to work with such wonderful couples as yourself.

Eric is awesome! He made our wedding fun and full of energy and was a joy to work with every step of the way. Prior to the event, the planning process was great - from the one on one meetings to discuss our expectations to the website that we were able to use to plan our event.
    I had so many guests come up to me afterwards asking who he was stating that he was "the best dj they had ever seen". I also had many of my family members who claim to not dance come to the dance floor and cut a rug.

Sent on 05/25/2014

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

Wow! I am truly humbled. Thank you for your very kind words. It was such an honor and pleasure to work with you both. Fun, energetic, loving couples are certainly very easy to work with. ;-)

Stacy · Married on 05/17/2014

What a great DJ. Very professional and had a great personality. Eric was very outgoing and lively at our reception. He did a fantastic job with getting our guest involved and had very creative ideas. He even did the wobble dance with our guests which everyone loved. GREAT is all we can say. So very pleased. Would recommend to anyone what a fun time and a fun guy.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

I can't say thank you enough for choosing me to be a part of your beautiful wedding. The two of you were a joy to work with, and I appreciate the trust you gave me in making your wedding a day to remember.

Megan · Married on 04/05/2014

Eric Herod is simply amazing! Throughout the planning process he helped us to organize and plan the perfect ceremony and reception. He gave us ideas and helped us to create a unique, personalized experience; his introductions and the love story will always be a wonderful memory! The energy and environment he creates is upbeat, fun, and yet relaxed. He had everyone including my 92 year old grandmother dancing and having a grand time! He keeps the evening on schedule without being pushy, and without you really knowing he is doing it.

Eric is very professional and able to handle any situation. The night before our wedding the best man had a family emergency, and was not able to make it to the wedding. Eric handled the situation with grace, and no one ever knew that we shifted the bridal party. He was able to just move things around and make it work. He took the stress out of a high stress situation and we were able to relax and not worry.
    I would highly recommend Eric to every bride and groom!

Sent on 04/18/2014

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

Words cannot express how much I appreciate your kindness and your touching reflection of the night. When things happen that are out of our control, I do my best to provide calm and problem solving to make the best of any situation. You all had a great wedding party who were there every step of the way, and it is a testament to you to have such great friends and family. Thank you for putting your faith and trust in me.

My husband and I have three children and planning for our big day was proving to be difficult. Eric was so flexible and accommodating with our busy schedule. He showed us his dedication and how much he truly cared about making our wedding the best that it could be. Eric has so much passion for his work and really enjoys what he does. We loved that about him. It made it so enjoyable to meet with him knowing that he really cared about our wedding and its success.

During the wedding the transitions between songs were flawless. He had all of our guests dancing young and old. By the end of the night everyone was commenting how great of a dj Eric is. They were all so impressed and amazed at his talent. Many people even told us it was the best wedding they had been to. I attribute that to eric.

He's not like your average dj. He not only dj'd but helped us to plan our event, he gave us invaluable information, he entertained and he told our guest our love story of how my husband and I came to be where we are today. I think the love story is biggest thing that makes eric stand out from others. It is something something so special and unique that will have you and your guest in tears. It is really difficult to describe how amazing eric is but without him our wedding would not have been as wonderful as it was.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Eric Herod Entertainment's reply:

Wow! Words cannot describe how touched I am to read your review. It was a pleasure and honor to serve as your Wedding Entertainment Director. I treasure the friendship that we formed and look forward to seeing those beautiful children grow. Thank you so much. (Big Hugs) ;-)

Kacey · Married on 10/12/2013

Eric was amazing throughout the whole planning process and especially for the rehearsal and wedding day. There is not a better DJ out there and I would definitely recommend him to anyone planning a special event that they want to run smoothly and to have a great time!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Kenny & Lauren · Married on 08/10/2013

Eric was absolutely amazing! He made our entire ceremony and reception flow so smoothly and perfectly. He really engaged the crowd and made our wedding so intimate and unforgettable. All our guests loved Eric and have said only great things about him too!

Sent on 08/19/2013