Eric Gee Photography Reviews

49 | Hoffman Estates, IL

49 Reviews for Eric Gee Photography

Victoria · Married on 11/04/2017

Eric was AMAZING! My husband and I are not the more photogenic people at all, but Eric made us feel comfortable and had us laughing the whole day. He was very flexible while he worked with us when it rained the morning of our wedding and we had to change our outdoor photo plans. I received many compliments about him from my bridal party as well. My husband and I were a little apprehensive about the price but we do not regret our decision at all. Our photographs turned out amazing and we had our photos within two weeks!! I would recommend Eric again and again!!

Sent on 01/16/2018
  • Catherine · Married on 08/07/2017

My husband and I were very pleased that we chose Eric Gee Photography to capture the memories of our wedding day. Eric was great to work with, very professional, and easy to talk to. He was very helpful throughout the day from before our ceremony began until after our reception was over. He was great with giving us and our son directions for specific poses. He led us to great spots in Cantigny to capture amazing pictures. We saw our pictures very fast. Our wedding was on Friday and I got my pictures by Sunday. We were very impressed with the service we received. Thanks Eric!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Anthony · Married on 07/15/2017

Eric was our photographer for both our engagement photos and our wedding photos and we would 100% recommend him to anyone! We decided to meet with Eric after seeing his work on his website, including his work at our venue (Byron Colby Barn). We were looking for photos that were artistic and creative. Upon meeting with Eric, we immediately could tell he was extremely professional in his interactions and we pretty much decided to book him on the spot. His professionality continued throughout the entire year that we worked with him. Anytime we emailed he responded literally within minutes. He took our ideas, preferences, and thoughts into consideration and executed at every level.

Most importantly, Eric is passionate about his photography. He gets excited when he captures a good photo and it shows in his work. On our wedding day, he asked if we wanted to sneak out of the reception for about 15 minutes to capture more photos during golden hour right before sunset, and when we said yes he was again excited and it resulted in some of our favorite photos. He returned the edited engagement photos to us the next day, and our over 400 wedding photos in less than a week.

Going into this, we had decided that the photographer was the most important vendor to us, and we are incredibly thankful that we chose Eric!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Eric Gee Photography is one of a kind. He is truly talented. My husband and I are so grateful for the photographs Eric captured. These photographs are forever and will help us hold the beautiful memories from our wedding day. Eric meshed so well with our sassy group. He blew our minds with his professionalism, knowledge, and quality of service. We will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives and are forever grateful!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Cory · Married on 10/17/2015

Highly recommend Eric to anyone! We got a sample of a few photos the day after our wedding! We had all of our photos 3 days after the wedding- amazing! We have gotten so many compliments on our photos already!
    Eric knew our venue (Byron Colby Barn) well and knew all of the good spots to hit. We took many photos in several different spots but got it done efficiently. We love our photos and you will too!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Alisha · Married on 10/03/2015

Eric was a recommendation from a close friend. I could not be more grateful because choosing him as our photographer was probably one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding. Eric was easy to work with, organized, flexible, and direct while still being fun! Most importantly, our photos are AMAZING! I am not an emotional person at all, but I cried going through them. They just captured our day so perfectly. Did I mention that Eric got back all 700 something photos back to us the same week? I have never heard of such a quick turn around time. He really is fantastic. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Steve · Married on 09/18/2015

Eric was a great choice for my wedding, and I would recommend him to anyone needing a photographer. The photos turned out amazing, and he was attentive to our needs throughout the day. He even helped us through a few wedding coordination details on the special day! He was worth every penny and more!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Kelly · Married on 09/18/2015

Eric was more than we could ask for as our wedding photographer! Not only are the pictures gorgeous, but he helped us throughout the day knowing what to do and where to be so that we had no worries! We already have our photos back and we love them all! We couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Adam · Married on 09/12/2015

Eric was easily our best vendor (and we had some other good ones!). His approach is perfect: very open to any ideas or preferences we had, but able and willing to take charge to make things happen. This was especially useful the day of the wedding, as he had to shepherd large groups of people in and out of shots. Eric did so with aplomb, charming our guests along the way.

Most importantly, he creates beautiful work. We were thrilled with both the engagement shoot and wedding pictures, which we received within days of the wedding! I cannot recommend Eric highly enough.

Sent on 09/30/2015
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/27/2015

Eric was AWESOME!!!! He had my wedding preview ready & posted on his blog and FB the morning after the wedding & had ALL of our final images ready by two days after the wedding! I have friends who were married a month before us (with a different photographer) and are still waiting on their photos two months later now! He captured the most important moments of our wedding, including multiple shots of my husband tearing up as I walked down the aisle!!! (my favorite memory of the whole day). I am SO thankful we chose him as our photographer and am so pleased with the service he provided. He's incredibly responsive and my one vendor I knew I could always count on to respond right away whether it was by email, text, or phone call. He's very laid back and also the most reasonably priced photographer I've found. I would highly recommend him to any bride!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Eric is so fun and easy to work with! He captured every moment! He takes amazing photos!

Sent on 06/30/2015

April · Married on 05/22/2015

Eric was overall awesome, took amazing photos during our engagement shoot and our wedding. Right from the start, at our official meeting, we knew we were working with a great vendor, he was super organized, professional, knowledgeable and had tons of experience. We could not be happier for the service that was provided. We had a fairly small simple wedding and he captured everything beautifully, we felt very comfortable and natural which showed in the photos.

Sent on 06/02/2015

heidi · Married on 05/09/2015

Eric Gee is the best photographer around! Our friends recommended him to us after using him for their recent wedding and I could not be happier with the decision we made. Eric did an amazing job with our engagement photos in downtown Chicago. We had many location and outfit changes and he just rolled with it. The photos turned out amazing! He is very flexible with scheduling which is also a huge bonus.

We recently had our wedding and Eric made the day so enjoyable. He listened to all of our requests, made sure we stayed on our specific timeline and even kept our rowdy bridal party in line. We were able to get several locations and MANY fun photo shots in just a short period of time. Again, he was able to stick to our timeline and have us at our wedding party on time.

It was very easy to email/text Eric with questions/requests and he was always super responsive. This made me feel very comfortable about the actual wedding day photos. I cannot praise Eric enough on his great work and fun personality. We had such a blast working with him from our initial meeting to the end of the wedding.

Another huge bonus for all antsy brides and grooms, you won't wait a very long time for your amazing photos. Eric sent us an awesome preview of our wedding photos and had the full set of photos to us in a very short amount of time.

Thank you again for capturing my favorite day ever!

Sent on 02/09/2015

Meg · Married on 05/08/2015

Eric photographed my wedding in May 2015. Fast forward three years later, and a hard drive crash has left me missing all of my digital wedding photos. I emailed Eric hoping for the best, but expecting that he may not still have any of my files. He immediately emailed me back saying that he did in fact have the photos and would gladly send them over to me. After I failed to download the files correctly the first time, he AGAIN went out of his way to put them together so that I could access them. I am so grateful to have my wedding photos back and appreciative of his organization, responsiveness, and the time he took to send the pictures to me.

Thank you, Eric!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Cara · Married on 04/25/2015

Eric was wonderful to work with for our wedding. We LOVED our pictures and were VERY happy with our decision to select him. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a great value!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Natalie · Married on 10/11/2014

We used Eric Gee Photography for both our engagement and wedding photos! I can't even explain how easy to work with, personable, and flexible he was with us! Our pictures (both sets) came out amazing! We constantly get compliments about how beautiful they are! We were able to get so many different looks so fast! He gets you the pictures in a flash, we were still on our honeymoon when he got us our wedding photos. We can't wait to purchase a wedding album from him! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Megan · Married on 09/27/2014

Simply the best!
    Having Eric do our wedding photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. From the start he was wonderful, from quick responses to our hundreds of questions, to his flexibility in meeting with us and working around our schedules, to being honest about what we really needed for our day and photos to be spectacular and where we could save a few pennies. His kind and professional manner the day of completely put me at ease. He kept us on schedule, kept the bride and groom relaxed and took as many photos as he could to make sure we got the perfect shots. He even coordinated with our limo so we could get back to the hotel on time for the cocktail hour...talk about going the extra mile! His photos are absolutely perfect. A month later and I'm still getting compliments on him and his work! It's rare to have so many pictures you love that you have trouble deciding which ones to print and display. Oh, and we got them all edited and beautiful 3 DAYS LATER while we were on our honeymoon! Simply the best. Easy to work with, wonderfully talented, and an all around nice person. Can't say enough good things!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Kara · Married on 09/20/2014

Eric is wonderful! He is so easy to work with and his response time for any little question I had was amazing. He is very knowledgeable and has great suggestions on locations and ideas to make our pictures beautiful & unique. He is really easy-going which I found very helpful when I was feeling really overwhelmed the day of. He helped to keep me calm throughout the process and that's something not everyone can do. Our pictures were done so unbelievably fast and turned out amazing. I recommended him to a good friend of mine and she has also hired him for her wedding! I would recommend him to anyone! He's the best :)

Sent on 11/07/2014

Eric was the best vendor decision we made. He was very responsive and prompt to e-mail and any questions we had. He is very flexible with any style of photography you would like and has a beautiful portfolio of photography. After meeting with many photographers, he had the most simple, affordable package (were able to get all high quality photos without any extra cost). He also helped us plan our wedding day timeline. When the wedding day came, he helped the day go smoothly and was a major help in knowing good locations, directing us how to pose, directing people where to go, staying on schedule, and was supportive during the whole chaos of the wedding day. We got our photos super quick! Many of our family and friends loved the pictures and thought that he was awesome! My now husband and I felt very comfortable with him from the first meeting to our wedding day. We felt like we could be our true selves in front of the camera. We would book him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 01/07/2015

Rachel · Married on 08/22/2014

OH MY GOODNESS! I highly recommend Eric. He was incredible to work with and provided my husband and I with amazing wedding photos. He was very laid back and personable and also affordable. He has a true passion for photography and it is so evident in the way he works. The quality of his photos is also amazing, and I am so happy with how everything turned out. I would not have chosen anyone else to do our wedding photos.

Sent on 12/10/2014
  • sweetpeatalk2u

meloney · Married on 08/16/2014

Eric did my engagement and wedding pictures. We enjoy working with Eric on both occasions. Eric is professional , fun and creative photographer.

ADR · Married on 08/01/2014

We hired Eric for our traditional Nigerian wedding on 8/1/14.Let me start by saying Eric is beyond amazing. I fell in love with his work upon viewing his website. We met with Eric couple of months before our wedding, he was very professional and patient learning about our cultural wedding during the meeting. On the day of the wedding, Eric arrived on time, although we started later than that given time (sorry Eric), he waited patiently with ***all smiles***. I remember asking him during my prep if he was having fun and his response was " as long as you are having fun then I am, it is all about you guys today" He is one happy photographer and throughout the night he was everywhere relentlessly shooting and clicking his camera. My husband and I thought we would be getting our images back weeks later but Eric started sending screenshots in two days to relieve our anxiety and three days after our wedding we received all of our images. Now that is OUTSTANDING!!!! The picture quality and clarity is beyond amazing!!

Nicole · Married on 07/19/2014

When searching for a photographer, the one thing that separated Eric Gee Photography from the others, was the clarity and crispness of his photos (please compare this for yourself and you'll see what I'm talking about. ). Also the price, photo turn around time and Eric's responsiveness were all things that helped us make our decision. Eric from the beginning went above and beyond to the point of meeting with us at the resort months before the wedding to scope out the venue and discuss specific shots.

The day of Eric and Charles made an amazing team. Eric did a fantastic job in keeping our rather large group focused and on schedule while Charles captured many moments that I would have otherwise missed had he not been there. They both went above and beyond to make sure that they captured every moment and every aspect of our wedding just the way we wanted. Eric at one point had to step up and get everyone at our cocktail hour ready with bubbles (which had gone missing) for our big entrance. Needless to say he got everyone with bubbles in hand and ready to go in no time and captured the moment flawlessly.

Also, not only were Eric's pictures/shots amazing but he was also very affordable compared to most agencies (almost half the price). This is one of the perks in working with the photographer directly vs. going through an agency. ALSO and MOST IMPORTANTLY, I got all my pictures 2 weeks later! Eric sent me the file link and I was able to download all the pictures to my computer and print them and share them as I wished. I got the rights to all our photos so there are no agency logos over every photo like I've seen with some of my friends photos after their wedding.

Overall, I highly recommend Eric Gee Photography!!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Eric is terrific, but when you take into account his fee, he is a MIRACLE. He's prompt, friendly, and flexible. I am extremely happy with my photographs, and was really happy with his work the day of the wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2014

G · Married on 06/07/2014

Eric was flexible, friendly, talented, and most importantly, left my husband and I with beautiful pictures that we will treasure for a lifetime. He caught us at our best angles and had lots of creative and fun ideas for shots. Also, great value for the money - his prices are much more reasonable than most Chicago photographers we found, and the quality of his work was just as good if not better. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/25/2014