Entertainment Cruises Boston Reviews

Entertainment Cruises Boston 4
Entertainment Cruises Boston 5

Meghan Buckley · Married on 12/28/2018

Best Night Ever!

Our wedding reception was held onboard the Odyssey on the Friday between Christmas and New Year’s. We both had the time of our life! To us it was the most incredible and memorable night and everything was absolutely perfect! We have also had multiple guests tell us that it was one of the most fun weddings they had ever attended. It was a unique experience for them to experience the cruise ship and it was such an amazing party! The food was incredible – we have received so many compliments. The space was immaculate, decorated beautifully, and crew was so attentive to every need (no matter how small). They went above and beyond to treat each of our guests like VIPs! Every crew member was so excited and happy to be a part of the night. We stepped on board that night and everything was set up perfectly and looked like it was out of a wedding magazine! During the event our coordinator and the crew kept the night organized and moving and made it a night to remember for everyone, especially for us!! Our wedding coordinator Margaret is truly a Rockstar! There were no hassles here at all! During the planning process she was organized, detailed, creative, thoughtful, accommodating and helped us create an experience that was far beyond anything I could have dreamed of! She always took the time to touch base via email and on the phone, and worked with us every step of the way. Every time we spoke or met I was totally confident in the process and just so excited for our big day! She was personally so dedicated and made sure that every minor detail was exactly as we discussed and was perfect!! We 110% recommend having a reception onboard the Odyssey!

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • Adriana

Adriana · Married on 07/15/2018

I cannot even begin to describe how perfect Odyssey cruises made our wedding day. From initially touring the venue to the very last minute of the ceremony, the staff and crew of Entertainment Cruises Boston worked seamlessly to insure we had the wedding of our dreams. Our account manager, Meghan, went through every detail of our contract and patiently worked with us to accommodate our extended time frame, changes in packages and guest counts. Our wedding coordinator, Margaret, was a godsend throughout the planning process and met with us twice in person and as frequently as we needed to over the phone. She did everything she could to accommodate our Polish wedding traditions and was with us the entire ceremony and reception to guarantee our vision went exactly as we had discussed in our planning meetings. Margaret and the crew of the Odyssey integrated with our wedding guests and completed our intimate wedding - they were truly a part of the day and we loved that they joined in on the dancing and joking around with our guests. The servers and bartender never left a guest waiting and remembered everyone's orders throughout the night. Our guests could not stop raving about the service, weeks after the reception!
    The venue speaks for itself - what could be more perfect than an evening cruise overlooking the Boston skyline. The Admiral's Lounge was modern, elegant, and the perfect size for our 50 guests - at a fraction of the cost of surrounding venues. If you are looking for a unique, elegant event in Boston, there is simply no better option. Thank you Odyssey Cruises for giving us the wedding of our dreams!!

Entertainment Cruises Boston 6
    Entertainment Cruises Boston 7
    Entertainment Cruises Boston 8
    Entertainment Cruises Boston 9
    Entertainment Cruises Boston 10
    Entertainment Cruises Boston 11
    Sent on 09/10/2018

Jessica · Married on 08/31/2016

What an amazing experience from start to finish. We had an intimate celebration of our marriage planned and the Seaport Elite II was chosen for us! Jordan Zarcone was an amazing coordinator and right hand woman throughout the 9 months of planning. We planned this event from 3,000 miles and there was ZERO stress. The staff of Entertainment Cruises is there for you and is a true one stop shop for weddings. I would highly recommend this venue for those who want an affordable and non-traditional site for getting married/vow renewal. Everything was absolutely breathtaking and seamless. A 5 star venue.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Hugo · Married on 08/06/2016

Amazing experience and minimal stress planning details. Phenomenal staff and great value!

Sent on 08/20/2016

INCREDIBLE service!! Our wedding reception was a dream come true and we are sooooo unbelievably glad we chose Entertainment Cruises to host it. The DJ was incredibly thoughtful and made our music very meaningful, the waitstaff and employees were so attentive and caring with our friends and family, not to mention the amazing service they gave us as bride and groom. The views were spectacular, and the reception was, above all - EFFORTLESS!! We didn't even have to clean up after it was over - the staff had even wrapped up our leftover cake and decorations in a box for us to take with us. It was PERFECT.

Sent on 08/14/2014
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 05/24/2014

PERFECT. Katie and Meghan were magnificent to work with, quick to respond, eager to help and went above and beyond to make our day magical. The Odyssey was a unique idea that all the guest were delighted with. The food (short ribs!!) melt in your mouth and they can accommodate gluten free and other allergies (I'm celiac). Its a superb venue (and the contemporaneous Boston Harbor cruise was a thrill to locals and out-of-towners alike). They help with the whole process; you can add or exclude whatever you like. I used their DJ and could not have found a better DJ if I tried. (DJ David Stefanelli is absolutely extraordinary). We had the ceremony at Foster's Pavillion right in front of the boat. The pictures are spectacular with the harbor behind us.They worked with my budget and made our day a dream come true.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Colleen · Married on 10/12/2013

I could not have been more pleased with my experience with Odyssey Cruises! The planning process with Katie and Lauren was so easy and they really made me feel like I had nothing to worry about. They were such experts in their field and covered even the silliest of details that I didn't even think about. My guests were raving about the food, but the compliment I heard the most was about the service - the staff was so polite and accommodating - no request was a bother and any needs were attended to quickly. Having a DJ and cake included in the cost was definitely another plus. Both vendors were familiar with the policies and lay-out of the boat which made things that much easier when going over details, delivery times, etc. The only downfall to the day was the unexpected weather - we got clouds and rainy mist, which you can't control at any venue, but once inside we never thought about it again because there was so much to do and everyone was on the dance floor all night! The boat was such a fun location because we got to see so much of Boston while we were cruising and that was awesome for our out of town guests – PLUS there was a covered bar outside which meant that the less than fortunate weather didn't stop us from still experiencing the fun of exploring the outdoor decks. As they all say....it flew by so fast and I wish it were longer, but what can you do! All in all, I would highly recommend Odyssey Cruises for a wedding venue. They are friendly, responsive and professional. You will definitely get what you pay for!

Sent on 12/23/2013

My husband and I wanted to have a wedding that was memorable for all attendees and intimate yet slightly different than most weddings. After some online research, I found this option. They were nothing short of AMAZING! We planned our entire wedding in three months and not by ourselves but with the help of The Odyssey Cruises Staff. This is pretty much your one-stop shop for a wedding. They provide a voucher for the cake and match you with a DJ. They provide local recommendations and assistance along every step.
    On the day of the wedding, we had so much help that our sales rep was bustling my dress and the wedding coordinator was just as helpful!
    The food - WELL....top notch! I received all positive feedback.
    It was a bit of a costly option for us; however, we had a smaller wedding (85) which made it manageable and well worth it! I would do it over again in a heartbeat! (Wish I could!) With everyone's help...our day was PERFECT! I can't say enough about this crew!
    Oh! And if you need help deciding which voucher to use for your wedding cake - Konditor Meister!
    Referrals to Katie (Sales Rep) and Meghan (Wedding Coordinator)

Sent on 10/24/2013

Pilar · Married on 09/19/2010

All of our friends and family were absolutely raving about wonderful our reception was aboard the Elite. The food was amazing, the crew was so nice - they were right there when you needed them and their service was excellent. The ship was perfect for our small wedding of 60 people. The dining deck was so pretty and the cocktail lounge & outdoor deck were perfectly laid out for a little dancing, a little socializing, and generally hanging out. The furnishings were beautiful and we all had an amazing time cruising around the harbor with spectacular weather and gorgeous sunset views of the city. We could have stayed out there for hours more! They were great in working with us on our moderate budget and we couldn't have asked for better - they treated us well and I would strongly recommend their services to anyone.

Sent on 10/15/2010

Amber · Married on 05/02/2015

Our day was perfect! The staff was amazing! Everything was taken care of and flowed effortlessly! The only recommendation I could have would be to have more things included with the price. I found that there were many hidden prices.

Sent on 05/05/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/12/2008

I cannot recommend this venue enough! We had the most amazing wedding. It was small, about thirty-five people total, and held in Admiral's Lounge which turned out to be just perfect. Our planner, Marisa, was fantastic once we had the opportunity to meet her. Prior to meeting her we had a terrible time getting anyone to help us and answer our questions but afterwards she was very helpful and just wonderful to work with. Our ceremony and reception, all told, were quite reasonable for what we got. The food was fantastic, the staff was top notch and the setting could not have been any more exquisite - a bright, sunshine-filled fall afternoon and night upon a harbor cruise. The little things like tickets for all our guest stating the event, date and time were just fantastic, too!

If you want a wedding that's easy on the details - this was very much 'one stop shopping' for our ceremony package included the musician, location, officiant and such - then this is definitely the way to go! You'll have a night to remember. Our friends and family, a month later, are still gushing about how much fun we all had. So much in fact that we're planning to return for our anniversary next year with some of our guests!

Sent on 11/04/2008

Being able to have our wedding on the Odyssey Cruise with Entertainment Cruises was truly a one in a lifetime opportunity. Working with them through our engagement year, we realized it was the right fit. They were usually very responsive and were able to get answers for us as soon as they could. We had one main consultant that we worked with who was fabulous and really bent over backwards to make sure our day was going to be everything we dreamed of. Entertainment Cruises was very professional with us- from wining and dining us prior to the wedding to feel what a night on the cruise would be like to making sure ever detail was figured out prior to the wedding so that my husband and I would not have to worry about any detail work on the wedding day. Entertainment Cruises is truly a good value for your dollar and since weddings are far from being on the cheap side these days, this experience was truly worth every penny. My family and friends still talk about the experience as well! I recommend this business for any couple who are looking to have a unique and fun wedding that is cost effective, especially on the Boston water front.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Petra · Married on 07/18/2010

We've gotten tons of compliments on our choice of the Seaport Elite for our wedding. The boat was beautiful the day of the event and the staff was really friendly, flexible and focused on service. My husband's grandmother, for instance, loves dessert and wanted to eat it while we were still eating entrees. The server for her table snuck out some chocolates to tide over her sweet tooth until the cake cutting.

The only issue we had was some mix ups with our food orders. Some of the appetizers we wanted had been switched for other ones and the risotto was pretty undercooked. Still the staff was so pleasant and the boat so beautiful that people had a great time and didn't stress about the food. I would definitely do my wedding all over again on the Elite. It was an absolutely perfect night out on the water.

Sent on 10/17/2010

Alex · Married on 07/03/2017

Want to stand out from the crowd of hotel and barn receptions? Hold your wedding on a boat! If you don't need to customize every aspect of your reception, then their packages simplify the process and help you reduce the amount of decisions you need to make. Their staff is professional and they were able to coordinate most of the minor details over email saving us continual trips to downtown Boston.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Maritere · Married on 07/18/2009

The Seaport Elite Yacht was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception, because it met all of our needs and hopes. Our vision for the wedding involved the ocean - the Seaport Elite met this vision. The yacht was also the perfect size for any intimate, smallish weddings (our guest list was 70 and our final head count was 66). The venue also provided excellent comprehensive packages for the 2008 season (we booked our 2009 wedding in 2008) that could include the ceremony as well as the reception. For a reasonable price, the package included: an event coordinator; a violinist and decorations for the ceremony; a disc jockey for the reception; tasty appetizers that were both butlerred and stationery; a champagne toast; a buffet with 3 entrees, rice pilaf, and veggies; an open bar for 3 hours; and a cake from either Montilio's or Konditor Meister. All this on a boat that cruises the Boston Harbor for four hours. For the ceremony, the captain can anchor the yacht so that the Boston Harbor Hotel arch is the backdrop for your vows. And the city skyline provides your photographer with a picturesque backdrop for your photos. All in all, the Seaport Elite and its staff were great. The Senior Event Coordinator was very responsive to our needs; for example, we wanted to have our own officiant, have extra linens provided by an outside vendor, and have asparagus added to the veggie menu. She made sure that everything ran smoothly and that they met our needs. She also helped me with my wedding day timeline and made sure that all the vendors were on schedule.

Sent on 08/01/2009

Nishawnda · Married on 08/31/2014

4.2
      3.0

I overall loved the venue for our ceremony and reception. Service was impeccable. Our guest had a wonderful memorable experience to talk about for days to come. My only regret is that they did not assign me a more professional organized coordinator. She was the worst.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Tiffany · Married on 06/27/2015

3.5

So happy that I had my wedding here. I looked at a few other places that although were a little less expensive they weren't as accomodating as the Odyssey. Danielle made everything so easy for me went out of her way for me including on her days off and while being sick. They allowed you to set your payments on a payment plan before the wedding and even offered a reduction for booking so early. The packages included the food, liquor, dj, and Cake of your choosing (if you wanted); which ultimately saved me $ in the end. The boat is beautiful and "decorated itself". You truly do get a lot for what you pay for, including an anniversary dinner a year later as well. Rowers Wharf also makes for a great area to take pictures.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Laura · Married on 08/03/2013

3.5

Book the Seaport Elite II. Private boat just for your wedding!!

Sent on 08/06/2013
  • Lynn

Lynn Marie Auclair · Married on 09/15/2019

Disappointing overall

On our wedding cruise, a yacht crashed into us resulting in us being docked at the pier for 2 out of 4 hours of the cruise. It took away from our photo opportunities with skyline photos. Most of the food was good, a few issues. We never got our gourmet coffee tea station that was included in the package. We never cruised out 100 feet from dock for our ceremony as promised, again ruining photo opportunities. I brought a Polaroid Camera on board for a DYI phot booth, and they lost it. We still had a fun time despite all the mishaps. The company did refund some of our money related to the crash and being docked...but I am still disappointed overall with our experience.

Sent on 10/12/2019

2.4
      2.5
      1.5
      2.0

I will say, the idea of having our wedding on a private yacht was wonderful, in theory. I was not impressed with our wedding coordinator. The person who we met with the first day, was not the person we met with to help coordinate our wedding. The girl we met with constantly talked over me and my husband. Never really taking the time to listen to what we needed. She was never able to get us a straight answer. She also told us that the DJ came with the package was great. I should have checked him out before we agreed to go with their choice. His equipment didn't work, and the best man's speech was half heard. He had to start over several times before the microphone worked properly. Ruined the special moment. :(

The food was great, fabulous, but we were nickle and dimed on everything. They served lobster bisque with our package and we wanted to switch it with the clam chowder. Clam chowder, from my understanding has always been less expensive than lobster bisque, but we would had to have paid $5. pr person to switch it. Also, a dance floor was not part of the package and we had to pay extra to have a dance floor. Standard centerpieces that came with the package... one single flower in a square vase with pebbles on the bottom. If you wanted anything better it would be more $$ and if we wanted to bring our own florist on board, it would be more money. If we had more than 2 boxes of things to bring on board, even more money.

For the amount of money we spent, some things, like a dance floor, should have been included.

In addition, the reception is only 3 hours. We had to pay for additional time, which didn't bother us so much. But because we didn't have a typical 6 hour wedding, we wanted our wedding cake displayed as you would the appetizers. Instead of displaying them as requested, they put them on the same trays they cleaned up with, but in different corners of the rooms. There was no announcement the cake was available. Not many people ate the cake because they didn't know. They also didn't announce dessert and coffee was available on the main deck. Dessert went to waste.

I was pretty disappointed. I think if I had the original person whom I interviewed with, handle the actual wedding, it may have turned out differently...

I would recommend the concept of a private yacht wedding in Boston off of Rowes Wharf, but I wouldn't recommend the vendor - more because of the wedding coordinator we were stuck with. I don't think she did a good job at all.

Sent on 07/09/2012