Encore Events & Entertainment Reviews

84 | Golden, CO

84 Reviews for Encore Events & Entertainment

Andrea · Married on 11/02/2013

Our DJ Jeff was amazing from the very first meeting. We were able to let him no exactly what kind of music we wanted and how it was to be played at our event. My father in law put together a CD of Hispanic music and Jeff made sure it got played. The lighting was unbelievable. Jeff and his crew were set up and ready to go on time. They were very professional and I would recommend them to anyone who wants there event to be unforgettable.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Tatiana · Married on 10/27/2013

Jeff was so awesome to have on our special day! He worked hard to make everything perfect and he succeeded. The ceremony, the cocktail hour and the reception all had the right music and smooth transitions which made for the perfect ambiance. The dancing part of the evening was loud and crazy and the dance floor was overflowing! It was so fun! Thank you so much Jeff!

Sent on 11/13/2013
  • W

Woytek · Married on 10/12/2013

These guys are great! Jeff was unable to DJ for us on our wedding date but his colleague, Tommy from Chicago, flew in to Denver to DJ our wedding and did an outstanding job, his assistant Tyler was great as well. I couldn't have asked for a better reception with great interaction and dancing on my wedding day. Encore Events and Entertainment was a great choice, I would recommend it to anyone! Definitely NOT your average DJ going through the motions.

Sent on 11/22/2013

Mandy · Married on 10/05/2013

Encore Events and Entertainment made our wedding amazing and everything we dreamed it would be! We wanted a wedding reception that was moving and fun! Jeff and his team played a variety of music and accepted multiple request. He even took my friends phone and played the unusual request of What Does the Fox say. Not only did he keep the crowd moving they even assisted with dismissing of the tables for food and setting up the timing for the toasts. Jeff also went along with a crazy family tradition of the hat dance. He stood up on a chair with the mic and a hat on too and had everyone at our wedding doing classic dance moves, which he lead us through. All of our guests said it was a fun wedding and a lot of that is due to amazing music. The best part of the night is when Jeff helped me do a VoiceOver for the father daughter dance...not a dry eye in the room. We are truly grateful for Jeff and all of his work for our wedding. This is for sure the de company to go with!

Sent on 01/19/2014

Absolutely spectacular all around. We were pretty laid back about everything, but at the same time that meant we had no direction for what we wanted our wedding to be like. Jeff ended up acting as a wedding planner before we even got to the DJ stuff; he helped us with toasts, announcements, cutting the cake, dances, and everything else for the reception.

During the wedding Kevin and Tyler played all the songs we wanted, avoided all the ones we didn't, announced everything we needed them to, and kept the party going when it might've come to a halt otherwise. I was thinking the reception would be over by 10:00, but we ended up going until midnight. They were extremely good at communicating with us, discussing any changes they might make, and keeping the crowd entertained. Had a blast.

Sent on 11/13/2013

John · Married on 09/14/2013

Jeff did our wedding back in September (sorry this is a bit late on our part). He did an absolutely amazing job with everything leading up to the venue and was in constant contact with us, throughout. He really made sure that we had everything running smoothly! We cannot thank him enough, especially since he got all the gradnparents dancing as well.

Jeff is the most professional individual we worked with during our wedding and leading up to it as well. He has been in the business a long time, and knows his stuff. We highly recommend him for future weddings and other events.

Thank you so much Jeff (once again, sorry we were late for your review)

John and Amanda

Sent on 02/07/2014

Napoleon · Married on 08/31/2013

We were very nervous picking a DJ because that we are extremely picky and wanted someone who's fun, charismatic and prepared. We hit the JACKPOT with Jeff. He was absolutely amazing. From the very beginning, he was on top of the song selection process and made sure that the tunes were truly unique to us. He blended the music so well that we always had people on the dance floor.

As an MC, Jeff was exactly what we looked for! He took the time to learn everyone's names (we had some 8 syllable relatives that Jeff pronounced as if it were his native tongue).

I know, everything might sound like it's too good to be true, but it's absolutely not. I would be happy to give Jeff a personal recommendation if you reached out to him and put him in contact with me. We love that guy!

Sent on 11/28/2013

Alexandra · Married on 08/24/2013

Jeff was our DJ for our wedding in August and we could not be happier with his services. Jeff definitely knows what he is doing. When we first met, I could tell he was the one that was going to make our party happen and get everyone on the dance floor- and he DID! Everything he did was executed seamlessly. He knew what songs to play to get everyone on the dance floor and at what times to play them. Prior to the wedding, my husband and I got to choose a bunch of songs from his website that has thousands of songs to choose from. If there is a song you want and you don't see it, he will add it for you. Jeff was so fun to work with, very professional, and as I said before- he knows what he is doing. We had so many compliments on what an awesome DJ Jeff was and that he was the best DJ they had ever heard at a wedding. We highly recommend Jeff whether you are looking for someone for your wedding or party- he will not let you down. If you want people moving and enjoying themselves, Jeff will make it happen.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Lisa · Married on 08/11/2013

Jeff was amazing! He provided music for our ceremony and reception and it was perfect! He was very professional and was able to play the songs that we loved. We also used the photo booth and Tyler did an amazing job making sure it ran smoothly. The photo booth added so much for the guests and they were raving about how much fun it was. Overall, Encore Events & Entertainment did an amazing job and made our day amazing!!!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Nina · Married on 08/10/2013

Let me start by saying, Jeff MADE my wedding. He is on-point, interactive, well versed in music selections and an all-around great, thoughtful businessman. Jeff met with us several times over the course of the year before our big day- & also would remember our previous conversations- even though he had a full plate of weddings/brides. He had a lot of great ideas on how to make our night unforgettable. One of the things Jeff did for us is during our parent dances we recorded a message to our parents that Jeff then wove throughout the two dances. It was a special moment for all- and was so unexpected by our guests- they loved it! He also had an idea of a dry-ice first dance, something I had never heard of/seen before. We tested it at the venue a few weeks before the big day to ensure it would work and it worked out great…fast forward to the night of, add in his lighting stands, his up-lighting, the candlelight and WOWZAIt was like I was in a fairy-tale, we were dancing on clouds! The groom and groomsmen also did a special rendition of YMCA- and had the whole crowd mimicking the motions and laughing- all choreographed by Jeff, on the spot! Jeff then orchestrated a conga line where even my 87 year old grandma got in on the fun- and then a whole interactive dance to follow! He also is VERY good about staying on schedule/ keeping you informed. I also liked that he is YOUR DJ for YOUR night, some DJ Companies just send out random guys that you have never talked to before and they know nothing about your expectations or wants- there was comfort in knowing Jeff was who I would see on my big day. Just to see his smiling face with his matching tie to my wedding colors that day put me at ease! Jeff is the man you want to DJ your wedding, he is not the DJ that sits in the corner, runs through the play list while mumbling a few works over the loud speakers. He is WELL AWARE of every facet that makes a wedding reception memorable and I cannot thank him enough for making my night!

Sent on 09/05/2013

Britney · Married on 07/13/2013

Jeff with Encore Events and Entertainment was so great! He made our wedding so much fun and run so smoothly! I don't know how many people said how much fun they had. I love music and dancing and so I was picky with who I wanted to choose and I am so so glad I chose Jeff for our DJ especially because he loves music as much if not more than me! Him meeting with us when needed and before our wedding was great and having a website to put down what song we needed or wanted or all the people we needed to mention at what time plus anything else we needed so there are no holes as he would say was so great to have! Thank you so much Encore Events and Entertainment.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Barb · Married on 07/06/2013

Jeff did a great job, his lighting, sound, and music mix was great. We had a tough dance crowd at first then things got going and Jeff was able to pick the music that kept them dancing, what I was looking for in a DJ- the ability to go with the crowd, despite my music choices. Very professional with keeping us updated, attire and performance. We were very pleased with Jeff and could not think of anything that anyone could have done better.Encore is a solid company that will not disappoint.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Jared · Married on 06/23/2013

Jeff was awesome! He met with us a few times prior to the wedding to help us get the music the way that we wanted. He gave us suggestions and was open to our requests. He didn't miss anything, we were on a tight schedule because of our photographer, and Jeff ran the whole night right on time. He had our entire wedding on the dance floor which was kind of shocking due to the large discrepancies in the demographics that were there. I could not recommend Jeff and Encore Events more highly, he was definitely the best vendor we had at our wedding!

Sent on 07/18/2013

Robert · Married on 06/15/2013

Encore Entertainment is absolutely fabulous!!! Jeff was easy to work with, fun to be around and an amazing DJ. The guests at my wedding are still talking about "the best DJ they have every heard" and how much fun my reception was because of the music and entertainment from Encore. Thank you for making my day perfect! I would recommend Encore to anyone!

Sent on 07/18/2013

Kelly · Married on 06/08/2013

Jeff with Encore Events and Entertainment was awesome! He made our wedding day PERFECT and we could not have chosen a better DJ!!! The sound system was great, his setup was very professional and he was wonderful to work with! Every little thing that we requested from the lighting, to specific songs, to where he set up was exactly as we had requested. We were blown away by the numerous comments we received on our wedding and specifically on how great our DJ was! A DJ was one of our top priorities for our wedding and Jeff successfully fulfilled everything we had hoped and wished for! Jeff is the only DJ I will ever recommend to my family and friends. I actually had a client at work that just got engaged and told him he must be in contact with Jeff and he will not be disappointed. Thank you Encore Events and Entertainment for giving us the wedding of our dreams and keeping our dance floor packed all night!!! Kelly & Paul

Sent on 07/07/2013

Jeff was the DJ at our best friend's wedding back in November of 2012, so we knew from that night on that we were going to book him for our wedding in June 2013. Jeff was wonderful to work with during the entire planning process. He is very professional, fun, and extremely talented.
    Geoff (my husband) and I wanted Jeff (DJ & Owner) to see the venue prior to signing the contract just to make sure that he knew the space since he had not worked there previously. He was instantly on board and willing to come take a look. He was also there for our 30 day walk-thru to make sure that he knew the exact location for his DJ equipment for the reception, exactly how it would work for the ceremony, and where the photo booth was going.
    The music for the ceremony and reception was amazing. Jeff and his team did a truly fantastic job. We did not have a huge dancing crowd but he was able to get everyone out of their seats and onto the dance floor multiple times during the evening. I had many people tell me that he was the best wedding DJ that they have ever heard and they LOVED his group dance.
    We also used the photo booth, which was a huge hit. Everyone gets a copy that is in the picture (5 people - 6 copies... Geoff and I get one too!!) And we will also get a CD with all the images! Best deal in town, I promise.
    Geoff and I could not give higher than a 5-star review, but we cannot recommend Encore Events & Entertainment enough. Jeff is a phenomenal DJ and will make your reception one that everyone will remember!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Sloane · Married on 05/27/2013

Jeff was Incredible! We had a country wedding and he admitted that it wasn't his forte; however, he could not have done a better job! Everyone was dancing and loved the music. The ceremony music was on cue and perfect. And Jeff is a great guy!!! Totally recommend him!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Consuelo · Married on 05/04/2013

We hired Jeff to do my daughters Quince (aka her sweet 15). He did an amazing job making sure that our guest were having the best night, taking photos in the photo booth. We loved the fact that the guest that took pictures in the booth all got a copy of the photos. We appreciate all that he has done to make my daughter night the best night of her life. We love you Jeff and are looking forward to having you at our events in the future!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Eric · Married on 03/16/2013

After quite a a bit of researching and talking to DJ's, we decided on Jeff at Encore Events & Entertainment. It was certainly the correct decision. Our wedding was set up was not easy because the wedding was outside on a balcony and the dinner and dancing were in separate rooms. Jeff was able to bring out different set-ups (without charging extra) and smoothly transition between the different areas. In addition, we were pretty specific in our music choices and nixed nearly all of the songs on the top 200 wedding song lists. We also requested quite a bit of bluegrass music, which Jeff was not really familiar with (although he's a fan now). Jeff was able to take our requests, learn the music, add some of his choices, and create a perfect play list that kept people dancing the entire night. I received countless compliments throughout the night and since the wedding. A couple of friends even tried to book Jeff that night for future events.
    We also went through Jeff for our photobooth. I was hesitant when my fiance wanted a photobooth because I was not sure it was worth it. I was totally wrong. Friends and family ate it up and there was line nearly the entire evening. Jeff's set up is perfect because you can fit quite a few people in the pics and they can be printed in color and B&W. His staff was very helpful and plenty of props were provided. We went with the budget option so we had to provide our own device if we wanted digital copies of the pics but I forgot the day of. Jeff was nice enough to meet me a few days later so I could get the digital copies from him.
    Overall, I can not think of one even slightly negative thing to say about our experience with Jeff and Encore Events & Entertainment. He was organized from the jump, responded nearly immediately to every email and call, and the day of went off without a hitch despite the setup difficulties and stringent music guidelines. He provided us with excellent service and value. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

Sent on 03/25/2013

Lisa · Married on 01/05/2013

We choose Encore Events & Entertainment because of their vast selection of props for their photo booth. Their professional and friendly service made our event awesome! Thank you Jeff and Taylor. I can't wait to work with you again!

Sent on 01/20/2013

Christian · Married on 11/02/2012

Jeff with encore entertainment was an amazing DJ, if i could give him six stars I would. He was extremely knowledgable about everything wedding related his service and advice were invaluable. We also used the photo booth service which I recommend everyone look into for their wedding. The guests loved it and the pictures were great.

His skill as a DJ and MC were amazing, he was highly adaptive to all the last minute changes that come with any wedding. He kept the dance floor full the whole night and was highly interactive leading the floor in group dances. We have been receiving compliments on his services from everyone that attended. Even friends from party cities like New York were surprised by how awesome he was. We couldn't have asked for a better experience and honestly there is not one complaint we have about working with Jeff; he was simply phenomenal and made us feel so at ease.

All in all we loved Jeff and recommend Encore Events to everyone! They really made our wedding amazing.

Sent on 11/17/2012

Brittany · Married on 10/13/2012

Jeff and his team at Encore Events & Entertainment were absolutely amazing!! We first found them at the bridal show in Denver and they were just so friendly and personable. That same attitude is what we experienced the day of the wedding! All of our guests LOVED the photobooth, and we now have some hilarious photos for years to come!

Sent on 12/20/2012

Terry · Married on 07/08/2012

Thank you Jeff and Encore Events! Our wedding was absolutely amazing! Just take a look at this crowd. There wasn't a soul sitting down the whole night. We all had a blast and we owe it all to an amazing performance. Thank you again, I will always recommend you. If you are looking for an awesome wedding DJ, book them right now.

Terry & Yuko

Sent on 09/15/2012

Danielle · Married on 06/29/2012

I would highly recommend Jeff Fernandez and Encore Events & Entertainment. My husband and I were so impressed with Jeff's work at his aunt's wedding years ago that we booked him for our wedding this past summer.

In between his aunt's wedding and our wedding, we recommended Jeff to everyone we knew who got married. My sister and her sister-in-law both used and loved Jeff. Every wedding where Jeff DJed was awesome and unique in their own ways; and all of the receptions (including my husband and I's) got so many compliments about what fun parties they were.

Our dance floor and photobooth were packed the entire night, and my new sister-in-law enjoyed our reception so much that she has already booked with Jeff/Encore for her wedding next summer.

Sent on 09/15/2012

Rondell · Married on 10/14/2011

I do not have one thing bad to say about Jeff and his service that he provided for my wife and I before and on our wedding day! He was very professional and it was a pleasure working with him! You could tell that he has been in this industry for a long time! He had awesome ideas for our music selection, lighting, ceremony music, introductions, the layout... you name it! He had this one idea that people still talk about and will probably talk about for the rest of my life, because it was that awesome! Here was his idea; Jeff knew that my mother passed away a long time ago so he suggested that I do something special in tribute to my mother. We had 225 people @ our wedding and Jeff had it so quiet for a "moment of silence" tribute to my mother that you could hear a pin drop! He also suggested a "voice over" with my voice while playing the song for the "mother/groom" dance (I danced with my sister). Everybody thought I had a microphone hooked up to me while I was dancing but realized that my voice was mixed in with the music! I still get emotional just thinking about it! With the up-lighting, my voice, the music... it was a memory that I and everybody else in that room will never forget!

Sent on 10/18/2012