Encore Events & Entertainment Reviews

84 | Golden, CO

84 Reviews for Encore Events & Entertainment

Christine · Married on 06/21/2015

Jeff did an excellent job as a DJ for our wedding. He provided seamless coverage for our outdoor ceremony, cocktail reception, and dinner reception. We had excellent communication with him leading up to the wedding. If anything, I worried that I didn't give him enough info as I was scrambling to get everything else ready but he had it all handled. He did an excellent job of communicating with our wedding planner as well to ensure everything ran smoothly. He listened to us as far as our musical tastes and filled in the gaps with other music along the same lines as we enjoy a few different genres. He also actually mixed the tracks which made it much more fun instead of just playing songs one after another. I have certainly attended weddings where DJs did the bare minimum required and I was so pleased that Jeff went above and beyond for us.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Maggie · Married on 06/19/2015

We were new to Colorado when our daughter got engaged. Our wedding planner recommended Jeff and we are so grateful she did! He is wonderful. He is extremely professional and offered suggestions to make our day special--and it truly was! Many of our guests commented that they "never dance at weddings" but they never came off the floor. He managed to get EVERYONE involved and up and moving. It was a blast!! We cannot say enough good things about Jeff...from start to finish, he was awesome. As we reflect and re-live the special day, we keep coming back to Jeff. We had a beautiful day...Jeff helped to make it FABULOUSLY beautiful. Many many thanks to you!

Sent on 06/23/2015
  • I

Ivan · Married on 06/13/2015

Jeff was amazing! When our wedding ceremony had some hiccups in the schedule, he remained professional and everything went off without an issue. The reception was a blast, from the introduction of the couple to the dinner to the dancing. Jeff was really easy to work with leading up to the wedding - he got a great idea of what kind of music we were looking for, did a run through a couple weeks before to make sure everything was good, and we were just able to trust him to read the crowd during the day. We heard everything from Jason Derulo to Backstreet Boys to Bon Jovi to Walk the Moon to Bruno Mars and a whole bunch more. Who knew our friends would go crazy when he put on Wilson Phillips?? The next few minutes were insane. I never thought I’d say we’d kiss while crowd surfing to R. Kelly’s Ignition. Other guests said “there were too many good songs, it was hard to take a break from dancing”. People would literally run to the floor when they heard a song come on. Jeff did an awesome job mixing songs, transitioning between them and even overlaying a couple on top of each other for a bit. Thank you so much Jeff for an awesome wedding!!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Lisa · Married on 05/30/2015

Jeff with Encore is the best! He was super easy to work with before the wedding and didn't need much guidance. He asked a few questions, totally understood what we wanted and just did the best job ever at the wedding! He kept the dance floor packed throughout the night and had seamless transitions. I didn't want the party to end! He did the perfect amount of speaking and helping us watch the clock all night to keep the whole night running on course. But he really is such a great DJ and is amazing at reading a room. I highly recommend him and Encore! Thanks Jeff for an amazing night!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Encore Events & Entertainment's reply:

You are so very welcome! You're crowd was such a joy to DJ for....we miss Chicago, so when we get a chance to DJ for a "hometown" group here in Denver, it's always a special treat!

Rachel · Married on 05/23/2015

We told Jeff we wanted a party and people on the dance floor all night. He ensured that happened! He picked awesome music for us and also played all of our songs we wanted as a bridal party. Everyone was having so much fun and we got tons of positive feedback on him and his team. I would recommend him to anyone. He was awesome!! 5+ stars all the way :)

Sent on 07/08/2015

Lauren · Married on 04/27/2015

Jeff was amazing! We could not have asked for a better DJ to help us celebrate our wedding day!
    The only aspect of the wedding that I did not prepare myself for was all of the songs that we had to choose (oops!) and when it came time to chat with Jeff for our final meeting before the wedding, I was so embarrassed! He didn't bat an eye. I did not give him much time to prepare our music and he still blew us away!
    The music was perfect and our guests were on the dance floor alllll night. Everyone raved about our DJ!
    We are so thankful that we were introduced to him and that he was able to be part of our day!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Amanda · Married on 01/31/2015

We had such an amazing time at our wedding with Jeff in charge of the entertainment! He was fantastic to work with and he and my husband clicked musically from our first meeting. Everything was so easy to plan, we just gave him some taste parameters and he selected a playlist that had the dance floor packed all night! He oversaw the ceremony music and took care of all our requests. The dinner music was tasteful and perfect. He kept the flow of the wedding moving so we could get cake and everything else done in a timely manner! We also had the photo booth and it was SO much fun! I highly recommend adding it! We could not have been happier in choosing Encore for our DJ!!

Sent on 04/11/2015

Emilie · Married on 12/06/2014

Jeff was incredible! I cannot imagine having any other DJ at our wedding. He was so experienced and knew exactly what to do on every front. He took charge of the wedding timeline and made sure everything was perfect. He was able to guide the wedding events perfectly to make sure everything was running on time and allowed enough time for dancing. The photo-booth was perfect and was one of the best parts of the wedding. Our guests loved it! Jeff also did the lighting at our wedding and it was beautiful!! He did all the lighting very tastefully and he was able to light our venue without making the room look like a night club. He was also very flexible and attentive to everything my husband and I needed. He always checked-in with us to make sure everything was going smoothly. He was great about working with the venue's staff and very attentive to every detail! He gave me so much peace of mind on the wedding day which was invaluable!

The absolute best part about Jeff and Encore Events was the music! The online profile made it very easy for us to pick out our music and set up other aspects of the wedding - including the timeline. Our guests loved the music and we did too!! The dance floor was CONSTANTLY full and there was not one dull moment. All of our guests were raving about the music and how much everyone danced. Everyone was on the dance floor and it was not empty once. Jeff's ability to read the crowd and keep people dancing was incredible!!

I could go on-and-on about how great Jeff was but you can see so yourself by using him for your next wedding or event! He was worth every penny and I will be suggesting him to anyone who is looking for a DJ.

THANKS JEFF AND EVERYONE AT ENCORE EVENTS!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Megan · Married on 09/28/2014

Jeff was amazing! I wouldn't have picked anyone else to dj my wedding. He had everyone dancing all night, and even though he is super professional, he is funny, friendly, and down to earth. Encore Events also has a easy to use, comprehensive website that you can add songs whenever you need, and everything was stress free. You seriously need to pick Encore Events for your next event!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Brooke · Married on 09/14/2014

Jeff was our DJ for our wedding and we could not have been more happy!

Prior to the wedding Jeff was really helpful in guiding us to finalizing all the details of our wedding, many of which we had not thought of before. Also, their website is amazing - it allows you to input songs you want, do not want, are okay with, and songs for certain events. It was really helpful to see our plans set out on their website.

When it came time for the big day - Jeff could not have been more amazing. I ended up having a dress issue which completely changed the timeline and what we were going to do. Jeff was so helpful and worked with the sudden changes with ease. He made us feel less stressed about the changes and no one even knew something was different!

The dancing part of our wedding was AMAZING. He kept everyone excited, dancing until the very end of the wedding. When a song came on that the crowd did not respond well to, he immediately changed the song to get everyone excited again. In addition, if we had any sudden requests, he immediately responded. Best part of the night: an amazing rendition of N*Sync's "Bye Bye Bye" at the end that everyone loved - no way anyone has ever danced to that song like my wedding party did.

We also rented the photobooth, which many guests loved! The best part was that they printed a copy of every single photo and put it in amazing guest book for us - we laughed at the photos for days!

Our guests gave us so many compliments about our DJ and we agreed with every compliment. I would recommend Jeff and Encore for your wedding - without a single doubt... He is AMAZING! I wish I could rate them 10 stars!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Cole · Married on 09/06/2014

Jeff was fantastic. He kept the dance floor packed for the entire night. Jeff was wonderful to work with, we met with him a couple of times before the wedding and he really helped us plan out the order of events and what songs go well for what part of the night. He was very receptive to everything we asked him to play! The best part was, the party never stopped. There was NEVER a song that people questioned or walked off the dance floor. He read the room and the guests perfectly. I cannot say enough good things about Jeff. He drove all the way up to Grand Lake, was punctual and stayed late into the night. Do yourself a favor and book now if he has your date open!!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Sheryl · Married on 08/17/2014

Jeff our DJ and Josh our photobooth guys were great! They were the ones keeping the party going even after we left for the night! Our guests talk about how fun the reception was and how much fun the photobooth was. The photobooth was packed all night long! We had kids at this function and this was great for them in between dancing! We loved the music that Jeff played and he really helped us out by helping us pick some great music for the night. We had a hard timing picking the right kind of music and Jeff made it easy. We gave him very minimal guidelines and parameters and he did the rest which was a huge load off of my mind with everything else I had to worry about. He will do total custom if you ask and he asked us several times and had several meetings with us to make sure he knew us as a couple. He really made it our own even without lots of guidelines. He is that good he knows what needs to be done. Jeff will play whatever you wanted and wants to make sure your day is special to you! He did all of the sound for our ceramony and cocktail hour too! The guests raved about him and his music. My entrance song was lived by all and people told me all night it was the perfect song. Our entrance song to the reception was thunder struck and it was a huge success for us and the crowd. We could not have pulled off this night without them. I almost did not take the photobooth and then decided to fit it in the budget and I was not sorry! Jeff and Josh made it real easy for us to enjoy the night and have fun without worries. The DJ and the photobooth package are a great price and would recommend him to anyone who wants a company that have quality people who know what they are doing. If you do not chose this company you will be sorry I know they will do right by you and give you exactly what you want in a ceramony, cocktail hour and reception. They are awesome and will use them at any future function! Thanks for an amazing night guys!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Nikki · Married on 08/16/2014

Encore Events & Entertainment were awesome!! Our DJ’s were Dave & Marcus and they were absolutely amazing. When I first contacted Jeff he was so easy to work with and answered all my questions. We had a 2 ½ month engagement so we had hired Encore about a month and half before the wedding! Jeff was great about setting up meetings via phone since we lived 2 hours away and made me feel so confident that they were going to great job. They definitely delivered! We had the best time. We started dancing at 7 ish and did not stop until 11PM. They were so great about playing not only what we wanted, but what our guests wanted as well. They checked in with us multiple times throughout the night and made us feel so special! They made us feel like we had known them for years! Now almost 2 months later and we are still having guests tell us what an amazing job Encore did and how much fun they had! I have even had guests tell me that in their 20-30 years of their marriage they had not seen their husbands dance & have that much fun in years!! Thank you guys for everything and for making our special day that much more great!

Nikki & Ryan

Sent on 10/09/2014

Jeff did a fantastic job as the DJ at our wedding ceremony and reception. He was very professional and yet a lot of fun. He played the exact music that we requested. Jeff energized the crowd and got them out on the dance floor. He even taught a few dances to everyone himself. Not only did he run the music perfectly but he also checked on us throughout the night. Whether we needed a beer or thought of a new song, he would be there helping us. There are so many things to think about on the wedding day and I was relieved that I didn't have to worry about music. All of our guests had such a fun time and it's all because of Encore Events & Entertainment.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Ron · Married on 08/09/2014

Jeff was amazing! Everything from the very get go was so easy. Jeff met us for an initial meeting wherever was most convenient for us. Then he did the same thing a month before the wedding. Jeff has a website geared towards allowing the bride and groom customize exactly what they want for every part of the wedding and notes to put in for special instructions. But if you don't know exactly what you want like us, Jeff was very knowledgeable and had great suggestions that were geared towards what he knew about us.

You can customize your playlist with must plays, would like to play, and absolutely do not play. We did not add more than 40 songs to all three lists, and yet Jeff really picked up on what we wanted and didn't want and took it over from there like we wanted. I have never been to a wedding where the dance floor was packed the entire night until our wedding. There were never less than 30 people on the dance floor the entire night for the 3 1/2 hours the dance floor was open. We had Latin and Italian family, and even when the Latin music played, Jeff found the right songs to keep everyone on the dance floor. I cannot say enough good things about Jeff. He will make your event the most fun you have ever had dancing.

Sent on 10/03/2014

Rob · Married on 07/26/2014

We had the privilege to have Phil and Marcus work our wedding a few weeks ago. To say that they only did an excellent job would be a disservice to how remarkable a job that they did do.

Our wedding coordinator quit less than 9 days before our wedding, and the venue was completely unprepared for our wedding. Not only did they ignore our contract, but they set up both the ceremony and reception areas completely incorrect. Needless to say, my bride and I were furious.

But Phil and Marcus went so far above and beyond to make sure our day wasn't ruined that it's difficult to put into words. From the perfect music, working the crowd, to checking in on us whenever something veered off course, they were absolute superstars. They rolled with the punches, from being set up in the wrong places to dealing with a thousand different staff members, and had us all having a blast despite the incompetence of the venue.

I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone looking for any event entertainment, they are head and shoulders above the rest.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Kyle · Married on 07/26/2014

I have been to quite a few weddings in my time and Jeffery was definitely the best wedding DJ I've experienced. He met with us well before the wedding and we discussed a lot of things that needed to happen that we didn't even think of. He took care of the mikes, sound, and music for the entire ceremony and reception.
    I gave him a list of music that we like for him to have an idea to go off of. He custom tailored every moment of the wedding from the music at the intro, to ceremony, to dinner, to party time. We got multiple compliments on how awesome the DJ was throughout the night. He periodically checked in with my wife and I to make sure everything was to our liking. He was the glue that kept our timing throughout the night on point. Whether it was to remind us of our speeches or bouquet, and garter toss. He cued and timed songs for our ceremony down to the second that we wanted them to start.
    He was very flexible and even agreed to come a couple hours earlier than we had first planned on. He definitely knew how to feel the crowd out and made adjustments throughout the night accordingly. All around he made our wedding a very unique and customized experience. He is worth every penny and I highly recommend his services!!!!

-Kyle

Sent on 09/03/2014
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 07/24/2014

Jeff Fernandez (owner & operator) with Encore Events & Entertainment is AWESOME! Jeremy and I looked at many booths while out at Bridal Shows here in Colorado and had a couple on our lists to consider but then we came across Jeff, himself, at the Rocky Mountain Bridal Expo and we had to look no further! It was an instant connection he was so great and friendly! He spent time with us talking and answering my questions and concerns with DJ’s and to top it off he is a package deal with a PHOTOBOOTH!
    One thing I had known going into this wedding planning was that I wanted a Photo booth, we went to a friend’s wedding and it just added so much fun during and many stories and laughter afterwards! I loved the idea of having the photo booth photos placed in a book for my guests to sign instead of a guest book! How many people take a look at a book of signatures? Probably not many but this way my family and friends have asked to see the guest book and have enjoyed it so much!
    We really wanted to have FUN and dance and have people tell us and others what a fun wedding it was! We chatted several times with Jeff before the wedding day and never had to submit a play list! We just told him it was in his hands to provide us what we were looking for and he definitely came through! Everyone had sooooooo much fun and Jeff helped us with some special and very memorable touches that went above and beyond! Encore Events and Entertainment IS The Best! Voted 2nd Best DJ here in Colorado amongst 46 others! Jeff Fernandez in amazing and his team follow that reputation!
    Melanie and Jeremy 7/24/2014

Sent on 09/29/2014

Kiah · Married on 06/27/2014

We had Phil and Marcus DJ our recent wedding, and I can't say enough good things about them! They're both very upbeat, energetic, and all around fun! All night our dancefloor was packed because they knew exactly what to play to get people moving. At one point my new hubby and I were outside instead of on the dancefloor, and Marcus made the effort to come out to make sure we were happy with what they were playing. We have continued to get many compliments on the music, and everybody loved them! I would definitely recommend Encore to anybody!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2014

Jeff provided our ceremony sound, reception music, up lighting, and photo booth and we couldn't have asked for someone better! Everything was perfect! He kept us in the loop as to what to expect next during the formalities, and kept the party going all night! He reconginzed all of our guests and accommodated all of our needs! Even the guys he brought along to help were great! The photo booth and the album are a treasure for us now. Truly one of the best vendors we worked with! Thanks Jeff

Sent on 06/24/2014

Jordan · Married on 06/14/2014

Jeff was amazing!! We had so much fun at our wedding! He had just about everyone on the dance floor even our parents which was an amazing moment. When the crowd wasn't really feeling a song he would switch it immediately in a shuttle way. Also he played a lot of songs we didn't ask for but we're perfect. Like he knew based on our requests what we might like.

During the planning process we met only a few times which was nice. You're always getting pulled a million ways during this time and it's nice to have someone who understands that. At the final meeting he drove out of his way and really helped make things clear. Finally he suggest a day of planner who saved my life! Lisa with lisabeth events. Over all they both worked at a team and Jeff's over 1,001 weddings showed. You HAVE to use his services!

Jordan Hayes

Sent on 06/24/2014
  • User4192580 · 2+ years ago

Encore Events & Entertainment is by far the best!
    Jeff is very professional and paid attention to the smallest of details on our special day.
    We are so glad that we decided to hire Encore Events & Entertainment.
    Jeff knew the importance of connecting with our guests and left a lasting impression.
    The dance floor was packed the entire night and the music was Great!
    The Photobooth was such a great addition to your wedding reception. The memories that have been captured our so unique and special to us. They will be treasured forever.
    Thank you Jeff, we couldn't have been more pleased!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Kelly · Married on 05/24/2014

I cannot say enough good things! We met with Jeff rice before the wedding and one of those times with Marcus. Both times we met they were so nice and laid back. We were very laid back with the wedding and had a lot of things undecided and both have totally different music styles but we told them that we both wanted a fun party, hey gave us exactly that!
    It poured and flooded the tent and the poor DJs were standing in water and were still doing everything so great.
    Dave and Marcus were our DJs and they were amazing. The poor guys probably witnessed some of the worst dance moves ever at a wedding but people are still telling me how great the music was and how much fun they had dancing.
    We also decided to use the Photo Booth, I wanted it my husband didn't, if you are on the fence do it! It is so fun to look at the pictures afterwards and we love the guestbook we have now.
    These guys blew away anything we could have imagined. We loved ever second of it!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Jeff was the DJ at our wedding and he also provided our photobooth. He was awesome to work with from the start and listened to what we wanted and made suggestions when we weren't sure what to choose. We had a wedding of a little over 100 people and Jeff was great about interacting with the crowd and getting them going. He was really attentive the day of to what I wanted and kept the reception running smoothly. Everyone had a great time and LOVED the photobooth!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Leeann · Married on 12/28/2013

We had a wedding of 270 guests and for Jeff to get everyone on the dance floor was Amazing! Music variety was excellence and the photo booth...was so much fun. Best night of my life and I would for sure tell people to give Jeff a call for his services!! :)

Sent on 12/30/2013