Enchanted Wedding Cakes Reviews

96 Reviews for Enchanted Wedding Cakes

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

96 Enchanted Wedding Cakes Reviews

Christina · Married on 10/28/2017

Gretchen and enchanted wedding cakes exceeded all of our expectations. Gretchen is a pleasure to work with and our cake looked beautiful. We had the chocolate chip wedding cake and it was the best cake we have ever had! Our guests have continuously commented on how delicious the cake was! We are looking forward to our 1 year anniversary so we can have more of this cake!

Julia · Married on 09/03/2017

Gretchen was a joy to work with from start to finish! The private tasting takes place in her beautiful home, and she has so many wonderful flavors, it was hard to pick! She was always available and responded quickly when we had any questions, and was very communicative leading up in the last few weeks before the wedding. She arranged the fresh flowers on the cake and it was stunning and delicious; we are counting down until we can pull our anniversary cake out of the freezer and enjoy it all over again!

Enchanted Wedding Cakes 1

Allysa · Married on 04/08/2017

One of the best decisions we could have made. Cake means a lot to me and my family- I love it, it's brings together our family, and is always a focal point for us. So, when I started looking at cake vendors...I just wasn't happy- I we went to 3 tastings before we decided to set up an appointment with Gretchen. From the samples she displayed, to the picture books, to the examples of her frosting work and technique- we knew we were going to be in great hands. The cake tasting was amazing and we ultimately picked 2 flavors. Gretchen was easy to work with, professional and very detail oriented. The cake the day of was phenomenal- exactly what we wanted and described...but better. I had a number of people tell me it was the best cake they have ever eaten! Could not be happier with the results. Thank you Gretchen.

Hannah · Married on 03/25/2017

Our cake tasted and looked great!

• F

Francine · Married on 05/07/2016

Gretchen was a dream to work with. She was so kind, and sweet, and so thoughtful and supportive throughout our whole wedding planning process. She was extremely clear and responsive on email, and she was incredibly organized. We were so thrilled to have her make our wedding cake. Her cakes are beautiful and so delicious. My husband's new favorite kind of cake might be wedding cake now! We couldn't have asked for a better experience designing our cake and going through the process with Gretchen. She is the kindest, most thoughtful woman, and we are so appreciative and happy to have her make our cake!

Samantha · Married on 12/12/2015

Enchanted Wedding Cakes made our cake and it was beyond beautiful. It made such a statement in the room, exactly what we were looking for and the flavors we chose were just as amazing as the cake looked. Gretchen was one of the sweetest ladies we have ever met which made choosing to go with her business a "piece of cake"! We highly recommend Gretchen at Enchanted Wedding Cakes!

My wife and I looked at local bakers for our wedding cake. It usually came down to vanilla or chocolate and picking out one design from a small book. When it came to Gretchen on Enchanted Wedding Cakes it was a 100% personalized experience. When you get your cake from any other bakery, the bakers are busy making your cake as well as cookies, croissants, etc. while baking your cake. Gretchen ONLY does wedding cakes. Period. She dedicates her time to YOU and delivering you EXACTLY what you want for your cake in every detail. She offers a HUGE selection of cake, filling and frosting flavors. She also offers you a taste testing of the flavors you are interested in. My wife and I ended up going with two flavors (white with a hazelnut filling and the second being pumpkin with caramel filling). She added a stunning design to the side of the cake and added two small black and white cars to the top as we had wanted. Not only did the cake look phenominal, it tasted SO GOOD! Everyone at the wedding commented on how much the loved the cake. Above all, Gretchen was absolutely the BEST to work with. She is so calm, patient and kind - just a joy to work with! My wife and I couldn't have been more satisfied with the cake she provided. Please, look no further than Enchanted Wedding Cakes!

Lauren · Married on 10/24/2015

Not only is Gretchen super sweet, but her cakes taste amazing! I am a big dessert connoisseur and baker so everyone joked that they knew our wedding cake would be delicious, but they were blown away when they actually tasted it. We first tried Gretchen’s cake during a tasting at our venue and it was so flavorful and light we instantly knew it would be perfect for our day. Gretchen was very responsive over email and we had a great time meeting her for our tasting and discussing design. Every flavor of cake and frosting we tried was incredible, but we finally narrowed it down to three layers- each one a different cake and filling flavor. Gretchen did a beautiful job on the cake and it looked just as great as it tasted, which is quite a feat! We are so happy we booked Gretchen for our wedding day!

Nicole · Married on 10/22/2015

A truly wonderful experience from start to finish . Gretchen is an artist & such a pleasure to work with. Our cake was everything we had imagined. More than a month later and our guests are still raving about it !

Safah · Married on 10/18/2015

Gretchen is amazing! She makes outstanding cake and will be one of the best vendors that you work with. I highly recommend her!!

Catherine · Married on 08/29/2015

Living in Colorado and planning our wedding in Massachsetts, my wife and I were, at first, really relying on online reviews and the professionalism of websites and e-mail correspondence to choose our cake vendor. In those areas Gretchen did not disappoint. Her website is beautifully organized and user friendly, and most importantly, the pictures of previous cakes she had made were just gorgeous. As far as contacting her via e-mail, she was always very professional and prompt...and we sure had a lot of questions! When we took our big trip out before the wedding to meet with vendors and get everything in order we were able to meet up with Gretchen for our cake tasting to decide on flavors. Her little Cape Cod style house, in which she has a commercial kitchen, was just the cutest and we both felt immediately like we were back in our childhood homes. She had little plates ready for everyone and even let my little sister participate. Gretchen was not only professional in coordinating things with us, but she also did all of the coordinating with our florist in order to put the right number and size of flowers on the cake and also our venue about timing, space, etc. so we didn't have to. On our big day she stayed to serve the cake to everyone...but the icing on the cake...since we live in Colorado she offered to send us a fresh top of our cake for our one year anniversary! I'd give her 10 stars if I could!

Lindsay · Married on 07/03/2015

I don't think we have ever tasted cake so delicious, ever. Every piece of the cake from the frosting to the filling to the fruit decor was perfectly fresh and tasted so naturally delicious. Most importantly though was Gretchen's professionalism and vision. She offers a wide variety of fillings, frostings, flavors, and designs. She had a lovely look book for us to gain ideas and was also very receptive to the photo examples we brought with us. She is definitely an established expert in her field and I would encourage everyone to look her way for their big day.

Ashley · Married on 06/26/2015

Gretchen is INCREDIBLE. She is very sweet, easy to work with and most importantly, knows how to bake the most delicious wedding cake. We had to pick two flavors of cake because we just couldn't decide there were so many options. Our wedding was 6 months ago and our guests are still raving about our cake. I highly recommend working with Enchanted Wedding Cakes.

Lena · Married on 05/16/2015

I had the pleasure of working with Gretchen for my May 2015 wedding. I chose Gretchen because her price was reasonable and fair. She was very professional, responsive and flexible. I was an out of town bride who was not sure how this process would work with me living out of state. When I first met Gretchen, she very welcoming and made this process easy for me. We mainly communicated via email and got a response within a day or so compared to others which take a few days to not even getting a response. Gretchen was able to take a picture of what I wanted and designed a similar style cake for our wedding. We can say 100% we were amazed at how beautiful the cake designed turned out. We had a four tier cake with flowers and flower petals cascading down the front of the cake. We chose a lemon cake with lemon and raspberry filling. The cake was delicious and moist. We were surprised we barely had any left over cake after having a 10 course meal for our wedding dinner. I am 100% satisfied with Gretchen's work and would recommend her to all future brides. Thank you Gretchen again for our beautiful & amazing wedding cake - LV & AP

Candice · Married on 05/02/2015

Enchanted Wedding Cakes provided excellent service. From meeting Gretchen at her home for the cake tasting through the entire planning process she was amazing to work with. She provided quick, accurate, and detailed information and was VERY reliable. The cake itself was beautiful and DELICIOUS! All of our guests (including ourselves) loved the cake!!! We cannot wait to enjoy the topper on our anniversary!

Kaitlin · Married on 04/24/2015

I would highly recommend using Gretchen for your wedding cake. Our cake was delicious!! Not only did she make a great regular cake but she also made a fantastic small gluten free cake (same design and flavor as the big cake!) for me and two of my guests. It was truly delicious. You could not even tell it was gluten free because it was so good. We gave her a picture of a cake we saw on google and she designed our cakes perfectly to what we asked for. It was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. Not only that, but Gretchen is so nice and very accommodating. I can't say enough good things about her and her cakes. I highly recommend her, especially for anyone who also wants a gluten free cake.

Stefanie · Married on 02/07/2015

From the moment we met Gretchen our experience was perfect. We first met her at our venue tasting and as soon as we tasted her cake we knew we had to book her. She was extremely professional throughout the whole process and any questions I had she always got back to me right away. She offered great advice in helping me design my cake and made sure we came up with something we loved. I HIGHLY recommend Gretchen for your next cake you won't be disappointed!!

Lindsay · Married on 11/14/2014

It was a pleasure working with Gretchen! Our wedding cake was amazing and people are still raving about it! Guests wanted to see if they could go to her with other requests not just for weddings! I highly recommend her.

Gretchen is a true artist when it comes to making wedding cakes! The cake for my daughter's wedding was outstanding. We chose two flavors and they were both out of this world! She can create the wedding cake of your dreams. She is so easy to work with, very flexible and understanding. She is the best of the best!!!

Helen · Married on 10/11/2014

Gretchen made the best cake! We couldn't wait to taste our amazing chocolate chip wedding cake when we chose it during the sampling session and it was BETTER on the day of the wedding. Her buttercream was incredible and the piping perfect. Thank you!!

Lauren · Married on 10/04/2014

Gretchen was a wonderful vendor to work with for our wedding. She was professional and accommodating and very willing to help us achieve the cake my husband and I had wanted. The cake was so beautiful and tasty, I never thought white cake (alternating with pumpkin spice) could be so flavorful! It was such a work of art, I had multiple people ask me for her contact information already!

Jess · Married on 10/03/2014

Gretchen provided us with the most delicious, and stunning cake, we ever could have imagined. We continue to receive so many compliments (over a year after our wedding!) on how beautiful and decadent the cake was. Gretchen was a pleasure to work with and her services come highly recommended!

We are very happy we chose Gretchen to make our wedding cake. She was very responsive and great to work with, confirming all of the details throughout the process. The cake looked amazing and tasted delicious! One of the hardest decisions was picking flavors, we are looking forward to our anniversary cake next summer!

Jennifer · Married on 08/15/2014

We were so happy that we chose Enchanted Wedding Cakes to make our cake for our wedding. It was beautiful and turned out exactly how we envisioned it to look. We received so many compliments on how delicious it was. Gretchen was very professional and pleasant to work with. We would highly recommend Enchanted Wedding cakes for any special occasion.

Kelley · Married on 08/09/2014

Gretchen was the most professional vendor I worked with during my wedding. She was polite and courteous to us from the very beginning, even before we agreed to her services. Her samples were divine and the best cake I have ever tasted in my life, which is why we were willing to spend a little more than our original budget. She had so many different styles of cake, none of which were an additional cost like other bakery's we looked at, and we were able to find one that was the perfect amount of whimsy for our cake. Throughout the wedding she was always prompt and helped us avoid panic at the last stages by having planned out every step. Although I only managed a bite of cake the night of my wedding, I look forward to our anniversary cake that's she's providing for no additional charge. I would highly recommend her to any bride (or groom), as someone who will make the wedding planning easier.